Author Topic: How many 2hu songs can you identify: Touhou Music Cognitive Test  (Read 6197 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Found this thing on the /r/touhou subreddit. Essentially you hear some amount of the song, then identify it out of the list of the games. And the CDs if you want to.

I haven't gone through the 200 song option yet, but the leaderboards show some people getting 200/200.

linky linky
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Re: How many 2hu songs can you identify: Touhou Music Cognitive Test
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 03:20:37 AM »
The thing bugged for me the first time I played it, and most of the names were in japanese.  It looks like switching the language to JP and then back to EN fixed it.

That being said I'm surprised that when I went for 5s previews I only got 80% right, but when I went for 1s ones I got all of them correct.

(It helps that I didn't get any difficult ending/credit themes!)

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 05:36:43 PM »
5s x 200 - 94%
1s x 200 - 87%
Gave up on 0.5s when it gave me just a single ZUNpet note.

Did "STG only", "All" seems to be untranslated.

Mostly tripped on credit and ending themes of latest games.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »
I wish there a way to filter it to specific games or sources only, instead of just "pre-ISC", "post-HM", "STG-only" and "All".

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 07:47:50 PM »
I picked 5s x 200 (All) but I lost patience after 140 because the clips kept failing to load.

Got 83 correct (59% of 140), a bit weak... :blush:

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 12:44:57 AM »
the problem is, i recogniZe some music but not recogniZe what is the name of that music....

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 01:09:37 AM »
For the main games they follow the order Title screen, Stage 1, Boss 1, Stage 2 and so on, so you can manage without knowing the names. :)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 03:00:15 AM »
For the main games they follow the order Title screen, Stage 1, Boss 1, Stage 2 and so on, so you can manage without knowing the names. :)
But there's some exceptions, like how "Youkai Domination ~ Who done it?" isn't under PCB, TD's credits is missing, "An Ice Fairy in Spring ~ still" is missing, etc.

and yet both "Mysterious Purification Rod" and "Strange, Strange Instruments" are on the list
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 09:31:41 PM »
81/200 (81%)

I got tired by the end and started missing ones I should've got. I also had to do it twice because the page failed. Not being very good at the games after MOF and before LoLK has me at quite a disadvantage.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!