Author Topic: No Game No Life  (Read 36141 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: No Game No Life
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2014, 04:40:26 PM »
What a fantastic, fantastic show.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »
Spoiler tags because killjoy.

Spoiler:
At the end, the thing that made me follow this show didn't come through for me. I can't be absorbed by the speeches and stratagem when the actual content is so dumb. "Do you like the games? Well, do you? You do. You're one of us. Gaming is love, gaming is life." Not even talking about this. Or the crap logic, like leaving a differential equation blank because BLANK (please kill me). Or how infantile things get sometimes. This show makes a big deal of how games are this world's replacement for wars and bloodshed, so they're how you're gonna fight other nations for resources. So what's up with the "it's a game" mantra? It's not like you're not highlighting the resources part every single episode, or they're not a key aspect to the coherence of the plot/schemes. And when representatives of a people with years and years of supposed political experience fold like they have no opinions of their own to this rambling kid, it feels like the ramblings lose their meaning. It makes me mad. Shows that make you mad are the worst.

I'm not even sure I'm nailing the right reasons, but what I thought is this show's strength and only redeeming quality sure doesn't feel like it to me anymore. If I want to watch people one-up themselves, there's Jojo's, and I don't even like Jojo's that much. The animation is nice, the show isn't boring, but it sure makes me mad at the creators. And I don't feel it's good for my health.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:11:06 PM by BT »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »
Xanatos Gambit taken to the logical extreme.

Anyway this seemed like the last episode, but I think this was easily the best anime of the season.
I'll easily refute BT's thoughts because it does make sense that people who think they never lose easily fold when they're handed just that. People hate being outsmarted, it's a shock to them. Regarding 'everything is dumb', I wasn't expecting strategy so verbose it would take a war general to get it. It's anime, it's naturally going to be dumbed down to a large extent, because that's more entertaining. I also thought the concept was a clever take and a good way to avoid another violent murder-them-all show while still having lots of interesting tactics-based plotlines.
I dunno, I always hear lots of petty complaints about good animes, which bother me ('Kill la Kill has a dumb concept about chicks stripping!' 'Gurenn Lagann is is nonsensical and unrealistic!')

In any case this anime was extremely fun to watch. Sora and Shiro are really clever, especially Sora since he was obviously the main protagonist, and watching his ideas and pieces come together in the perfect plan was entertaining, and even made me go 'holy cow you thought that far ahead?', which was obviously the intention both in-character and out.
The art for this was also visually stunning, I really, really, really enjoy anime with non-generic (and still high quality) art styles. I really hopes this gets more seasons on its belt, because it really deserves them.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:31:20 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2014, 09:16:09 PM »
You know, I'm not going to start analyzing the show to figure out exactly what messages made me dislike the whole thing. Sometimes you can ruin something for yourself pretty easily, so something that's 'petty' to you can be pretty significant to others. You can like this show for what it is - I'm not trying to refute that it has something to like. I'm just saying, to me, those things failed to make the show as a whole worth it in the end, probably. These things are hard to judge sometimes, but I'm looking back at the show's high points right now and I'm like, I guess it was cool. But I won't take from it too many fond memories.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
Can't you guys just turn off your brain and enjoy the show
I remember when people tried to read Kill la Kill and other animes jesus christ

It's like watching Kamen Rider you just sit back and shut off logic for a moment and enjoy all the lights sounds and exciting tension and outcomes things that they throw at you

Although for the ending that was new. I was pretty sure that at the
Spoiler:
end of the LN miko never did summon the Old Deus and Sora never mentioned it. I also like how they showed miss lewdvampire and miss sexyoursoulout at the end. I guess they want the anime to have a little twist from the LN

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2014, 04:10:10 PM »
Spoiler:
the vampire is a dude
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2014, 02:39:34 AM »
Naomi Shindou (the VA for fox priestess) has an amazing voice goddamn.

Also fantastic anime. Will they make a season two, or are they just going to leave it at that and let the fans read the LN instead?

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »
Kyoto accent is way too good.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »
Spoiler:
the vampire is a dude

i can dream okay
traps are fine too

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.