Author Topic: Playtester recruitment for a commercial game in development?  (Read 1990 times)

Playtester recruitment for a commercial game in development?
« on: September 24, 2013, 01:45:16 AM »
Heya. Quick question for the site staff: would it be all right to post a solicitation for volunteer playtesters for a commercial tabletop RPG in development? And if so, in which forum? I don't want to inadvertently give the impression that I'm trying to disguise commercial spam as playtester recruitment - could you let me know? Thanks. ^^;

(Further info on the game in question can be furnished via PM upon request; I don't want to post the full schpiel here where everyone can see it, because that would kind of defeat the purpose of asking permission.)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Playtester recruitment for a commercial game in development?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 03:26:55 AM »
Normally we frown very much on site pimps and stuff, mostly because there's very little discussion to be had other than "gee that's neat" and stuff. I would say it's proooooobably OK if it's an open thread where people can play test and give feedback but if it's just a straight up recruitment kind of deal you can make a thread in LettyJournal and stick it in your signature. That's pretty much the catchall personal posts section of the forums.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."