Author Topic: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet  (Read 238879 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet
« Reply #540 on: March 08, 2014, 08:24:36 AM »
>Speaking of APPEARIFY, How difficult would it be to warp something over from a different location? If it already existed somewhere...
>What's she mean by 'Great' fairies? Cirno and that other one she hangs out with? Or something else?
>"I'm thinkin' we're a bit too hurried to worry about that right now, ze. Let's take a look and see what my chances are."
>"I'm guessin' that appointment wouldn't be relevant to our situation, would it?"
>How common is it for fairies like Maple to seek out Patchouli's help, or otherwise be this competent?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #541 on: March 08, 2014, 08:58:41 AM »
>Speaking of APPEARIFY, How difficult would it be to warp something over from a different location? If it already existed somewhere...
> You'd have to know the item you're transporting, its location, as well as the distance. Why Patchy never brought up the hat with her colleagues in the past is a mystery...Maybe...It wasn't even there to begin with! OOOOEEEEEOOOOOO!

>What's she mean by 'Great' fairies? Cirno and that other one she hangs out with? Or something else?
> She's probably talking about the Three Mischievous Fairies.

>"I'm thinkin' we're a bit too hurried to worry about that right now, ze. Let's take a look and see what my chances are."
>"I'm guessin' that appointment wouldn't be relevant to our situation, would it?"
> "It was just an art commission for one of Mystia-san's concerts," she explains. "As for the tablet...We're almost there!" She stops in front of a suspiciously tall hedge between two trees. "Just follow me!" Maple passes through the hedge as if was nothing, though leaves and branches still rustle as if it were the real thing. An illusion spell, perhaps?

>How common is it for fairies like Maple to seek out Patchouli's help, or otherwise be this competent?
> It's rare, but the ones that do are usually competent enough to learn from her or seek assistance. Otherwise, they just end up as maids or security for the SDM. It does make you wonder how many more of these "greater" fairies exist, and just how smart they actually are.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #542 on: March 08, 2014, 07:44:41 PM »
Would it be difficult to make something like the summoning scrolls from naruto? A mega hakerro summon would be convenient.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #543 on: March 09, 2014, 04:01:49 AM »
Would it be difficult to make something like the summoning scrolls from naruto? A mega hakerro summon would be convenient.
> Summoning is more Yorihime's thing (and Reimu's thing, if she wasn't so lazy). As it stands, you know barely anything about how to summon.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #544 on: March 09, 2014, 04:15:36 AM »
>That, or the hat had something to do with how elaborate that reminiscing seemed to be. Hmm... a shame now's a bad time to barge in and ask Patch. Maybe after we get the Hakkero back, before raiding the rats' base.
>We've never seen anyone with that hat around before, have we?
>Kinda neat way for Maple to hide her place. Make a mental note of where for later razing
>Peek through the illusionary bush before going through. Do we have a way to look 'through' illusions we know are there, or is it more a matter of experimentation?
>commence makeouts

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #545 on: March 09, 2014, 04:55:27 AM »
>That, or the hat had something to do with how elaborate that reminiscing seemed to be. Hmm... a shame now's a bad time to barge in and ask Patch. Maybe after we get the Hakkero back, before raiding the rats' base.
> You make a mental note to get the hat examined by Patchy. Perhaps Maple can help with this, seeing as you're not exactly welcome there... [/cptnobv]

>We've never seen anyone with that hat around before, have we?
> Not really, not even Suwako or Iku have a hat as big as this one...Or do they? You're not sure. You're almost tempted to unwrap the hat and get a closer look, but you can't bring yourself to do so.

>Kinda neat way for Maple to hide her place. Make a mental note of where for later razing
>Peek through the illusionary bush before going through. Do we have a way to look 'through' illusions we know are there, or is it more a matter of experimentation?
>commence makeouts
>you naughty naughty doll
> You make your way through the bush, with Mokou following you (and being considerate enough to snuff her cig before doing so). Upon reaching the other side, you see a rather amazing sight: a massive tree whose branches are as thick as tree trunks, and sprawling horizontally across the clearing you entered. The tree itself twists and turns up towards the canopy, and all along its surface you can see numerous doorways set into the wood, some of them adorned with proper porches and glowing 'shrooms to act as lights. And all over the place, you can see fairies of various sizes and colors, though none of them bigger than what you're used to.

> "This...Is my home. Welcome to Knottingham, humans!...Or human and dolls, I should say," Maple says in an awkward tone.
> "Yeah, we get it..." Mokou says with a hearty snicker.
> Who names their home such a corny fashion? Mini-Medi quips.
> "Anyways...My home is up here, on branch three," Maple says as she flies ever higher, towards a door adorned with pained leaves around it. "Hope you don't mind the decor...As you can see, I'm a bit of an artist."
> "Yeah, a craptastic one!"
> You and the others look up at the voice, but are blinded by a flash of light and the sounds and smells of gaudy rock concert smoke effects. Above Maple's abode, you spot two more fairies, one wearing a yellow dress and the other wearing a purple dress (with hair colors to match); both fairies' clothing seems to be fashioned from flowers and leaves from the local flora here.
> "Glitter, Glimmer, what the heck do you two want, I'm busy!" Maple complains.
> The one in yellow speaks first, and seems to be the one who instigated this exchange. "You haven't updated your front door in ages, dear. Isn't it time you got rid of those crummy old leaves..."
> "And got something, like, more fabulous?" the purple one says, while waving her hand and scattering a glittery substance all over the place. Whether or not that's just fairy dust or actual glitter, you're not sure. "Like, you totally could use an update...Might attract more visitors, Titi knows you could use some!"
> The two of them giggle while Maple just looks flustered. It's then they take notice of you and Mokou."
> "And like, who are these two wingless wonders?" the purple one flies up to you and gets uncomfortably in your face. "Is she actually one of your friends?"
> "Must not be a very good friend," the yellow one chimes in. "Especially if her eyes look that glazed over!"
> They both guffaw rather loudly. It's not your fault your new doll vessel has remarkably fresh plastic in her eyes...What will you do?

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #546 on: March 09, 2014, 05:13:05 AM »
>Fairies, apparently.
>Oh wow. A fairy village? This isn't just Maple's doing, then. Holy shit.
>Were we at all aware of such a thing being possible, let alone existing? How competent are most fairies, because this is fairly impressive for a bunch of complete nitwits.
>Does 'Titi' ring a bell at all?
>Flick at Purple's forehead with a finger. "We ain't here to play interior decorator, ze. Open 'er up, Maple, we can do the sparkly thing later."
>Try to ignore the time-wasting fairies and get into Maple's place without them.
>How dangerous would it be to sic Mokou on them to kill time while we get shit done with Maple?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #547 on: March 09, 2014, 05:53:10 AM »
>Fairies, apparently.
> Mini opens her imaginary mouth to argue, but decides not to.

>Oh wow. A fairy village? This isn't just Maple's doing, then. Holy shit.
> While you wouldn't put this past her, Maple seems strictly rooted (lol) in the "rocks and dirt" part of her earth element.

>Were we at all aware of such a thing being possible, let alone existing? How competent are most fairies, because this is fairly impressive for a bunch of complete nitwits.
> There's always the theory that ten thousand monkies can write the works of Shakespeare...But on a more reasonable note, someone must've overseen this tree's growth, be it a hundred fairies or a giant with an epic bonsai hobby.

>Does 'Titi' ring a bell at all?
> Given the context, you suspect they're referring to the fairy goddess Titania.

>Flick at Purple's forehead with a finger. "We ain't here to play interior decorator, ze. Open 'er up, Maple, we can do the sparkly thing later."
> You haven't the time or the patience to deal with prissy fairies, so you literally give Ms. Purple the finger.
> "OW!" she screeches, holding her head. "You little bitch, that was like, totally unnecessary! You almost took my eye out!"
> Yeah right, you didn't even hit her that hard. What a drama queen.
> Ms. Yellow sneers. "Don't worry, once we report these two to the boss lady, they won't bother us again..." She then shoots a wicked glance ad a crooked smile at Maple. "And you'll be the one who gets punished!"
> Maple just raspberries in defiance.
> "So childish...Let's go, Glitter," says Ms. Yellow.
> "Right behind you, Glimmer," replies Ms. Purple. The two ABSCOND and ASCEND.

> "...I wouldn't worry about those two, so long as you're not causing trouble," Maple says somewhat dejectedly.

>How dangerous would it be to sic Mokou on them to kill time while we get shit done with Maple?
>Try to ignore the time-wasting fairies and get into Maple's place without them.
> You'd rather not risk that. Even though Mokou's far from a pyromaniac, she can have a bit of a temper if pushed too hard, and BURNINATION would a pretty nasty way to reach a BAD END.
> Instead, you suggest Maple lead them on to her place, and comment on how pretty the entrance looks.
> "Thanks...I know it's not much, but...I care about my art! I have to put my all into it, otherwise the leaves will never change color...It is almost fall, after all." Maple sighs. "But, you came here for a magical item, not an art lesson, so...gimmie a sec." She enters her abode and calls out to "Hermia-chan!" while you wait outside.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #548 on: March 09, 2014, 06:09:18 AM »
>What's Titania like? Considering that this is Gensokyo, she can't just be a lesbian legend.
>"Think I'd rather not make more trouble than I need to right now, ze. Except for those rats. Let's keep this quick if we can."
>'Hermia-chan' is unfamiliar, no doubt?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #549 on: March 09, 2014, 06:24:22 AM »
>What's Titania like? Considering that this is Gensokyo, she can't just be a lesbian legend.
> You've heard mixed accounts. Titania's often seen as a kind, motherly figure, but some accounts put her in a negative light thanks to her fling with Oberon. Despite Titi being "legendary" in the eyes of most humans, she has not been seen in Gensokyo at all from what you can gather.

>"Think I'd rather not make more trouble than I need to right now, ze. Except for those rats. Let's keep this quick if we can."
>'Hermia-chan' is unfamiliar, no doubt?
> Mokou nods. "I have to say though, this is not a bad place to relax in...Too bad I'm a little too tall to be considered one, haha."
> You suspect Hermia is Maple's roommate. You can hear Maple talking to someone who sounds like they just woke up from a nap...Man, what you couldn't give for a nice nap right about now.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2014, 06:46:15 AM »
>Ergh... damnit... we don't have time to spare for a nap... again, maybe after we take out the Eientei problem. Though it wouldn't be easy to find us here, would it?
>Have we taken breaks during other Incidents?
>Review the implications of Oberon.
>Any fairies we could reasonably suspect of being the leader alluded to, aside from Titania and, say, Cirno or Daiyosei?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #551 on: March 09, 2014, 07:02:16 AM »
>Ergh... damnit... we don't have time to spare for a nap... again, maybe after we take out the Eientei problem. Though it wouldn't be easy to find us here, would it?
> As far as you know, you and Mokou are the only humans who know of this grove. Though you'd much rather sleep in your own bed, away from all the fairies that could easily prank you...But hey, any port in a storm.

>Have we taken breaks during other Incidents?
> Sometimes, you doze off on your broom while flying from place to place...But that's not exactly a good thing to do, especially in a hot zone that's the epicenter of an incident. If you had to lump the main incident and the "Extra" incidents together, then yes, it definitely helps to take a rest.

>Review the implications of Oberon.
>Any fairies we could reasonably suspect of being the leader alluded to, aside from Titania and, say, Cirno or Daiyosei?
> You assume that Titania would have had children with him, and that he obviously existed as well at some point, but he seems just as elusive as Titania.
> Whomever the leader is, it's not Maple, unless she's pulling off an elaborate ruse akin to Zero from Code Geass. :V You really need to lay off the anime torrents...At any rate, you could say hello to the leader by following Glimmer and Glitter, but that would require dealing with them and you're not sure if Maple would need any help lugging that tablet out.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2014, 07:15:42 AM »
>Let's stay out of fairy politics if we can... let Maple drag her roommate out of bed and we'll see what we're getting into.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #553 on: March 09, 2014, 07:25:53 AM »
>Let's stay out of fairy politics if we can... let Maple drag her roommate out of bed and we'll see what we're getting into.
> Speaking of dragging...You can hear shuffling from within Maple's abode. She and a green-clad fairy with hair similar to Youmu's (except it too is green) are lugging out a small, yet surprisingly heavy stone tablet. It appears to be square in shape, with rounded corners, and it has a triangular glyph upon it with the kanji for A, B, and C written on the corners.
> "Here...It is!" Maple says with a mighty sigh as she and her roommate lug it over the door jam. "This is it...My project...The Radiant Tablet. I know it doesn't look like much, but...It should help you somehow."

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #554 on: March 09, 2014, 02:50:57 PM »
> Poke the rock.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #555 on: March 10, 2014, 12:55:47 AM »
> Poke the rock.
> You poke the rock with your broom, then your finger. It doesn't seem to react much.
> "I still dun see how this is supposta help your 'friend here,' Maple," the green fairy comments, scratching her head.
> "She'll figure it out!" Maple says with a smile. "Oh, I should introduce you...Hermia, these two are Mokou and Marisa, they're out to solve an Incident!"
> "Izzat right?" Hermia looks at you two curiously. "Funny, I imagined you a lot taller, Mari."

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #556 on: March 10, 2014, 01:22:44 AM »
> ...We don't know anything about the rock, do we?

> "So, tell me what you've tried."

> Look over the rock. Try to determine if there's some sort of conduit to put magic into the rock. Try to think of things a fairy wouldn't think to try.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #557 on: March 10, 2014, 02:34:54 AM »
> ...We don't know anything about the rock, do we?
> Aside from what Maple's told you already, not really. You're curious about how you're supposed to activate it.

> "So, tell me what you've tried."
> "W-Well, I asked some of the locals to lend me their spell cards for testing purposes...I managed to get...Some of the attacks to work, but they weren't very good. Like, I tried Cirno's Perfect Freeze, it looked more like someone exhaling on a cold day instead of a torrent of ice bullets." Maple sighs. "If only I was more proficient in more elements..."
> "Hey, you had me to help, right?" Hermia says with a smile.
> "Yeah...Until we almost burned our house down."
> Hermia sweatdrops. "Oh yeah..."

> Look over the rock. Try to determine if there's some sort of conduit to put magic into the rock. Try to think of things a fairy wouldn't think to try.
> The circles seem to be just large enough to perfectly mount a spell card apiece. You run this by Maple as the intended mode of operation.
> "Yeah, that was the idea...But none of us fairies could get enough power flowing through it to get much of an effect. Maybe you might have more luck."

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #558 on: March 10, 2014, 02:50:59 AM »
> Glance at Mokou. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

> Wonder if 3 spells go in, new spell comes out.

> "Power is easy. Safety is hard."

> Attempt to avoid blowing anything up. People don't appreciate it when we accidentally blow them up with our experiments. Put rock someplace where we won't accidentally blow anything up with it, then try putting 3 different spell cards on it.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #559 on: March 10, 2014, 03:26:09 AM »
>We don't have a way to examine the magic/runes on there without taking major risks first, do we?
>What spellcards do we have on hand?
>How long would a worthwhile nap take?
>Since we ignored Hermia, let's actually answer: "I usually would be, ze. But something dumb happened and I'm not quite myself right now. Don't worry about it.
>Are there any instructions hidden on the rock's surface? Maybe the other side or something?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #560 on: March 10, 2014, 04:21:51 AM »
>We don't have a way to examine the magic/runes on there without taking major risks first, do we?
> If by "major risk" you mean "picking up something that weighs about as much as a motorcycle" then you should be fine. You kneel down and look at the tablet closely. You can tell there's magical lettering on the lines making up the tablet, but most of it is undecipherable. You ask Maple about this.
> "Uh...Funny story about that. When I discovered that rock and decided to take some home, I felt the uncontrollable urge to create this tablet...I actually don't remember carving those letters into it."
> "I guess that's what they call being possessed by a fey mood?" Hermia chuckles. Maple just glares at her.

>Since we ignored Hermia, let's actually answer: "I usually would be, ze. But something dumb happened and I'm not quite myself right now. Don't worry about it.
> Seeing as Hermia brought attention to herself, you answer her question from earlier.
> "Well, if you shrink any further and grow fairy wings, you'll be right at home here!" Hermia's sense of humor is nothing if not a bit lighthearted. Maple just rolls her eyes in response.

>Are there any instructions hidden on the rock's surface? Maybe the other side or something?
> None that you can see. You flip the rock over (with Mokou's assistance) to double check, but nothing strikes your eye.

>What spellcards do we have on hand?
> You have your Stardust Reverie and Milky Way cards, as well as whatever you could cobble together in response to Medicine's body-snatching scheme (Poison Pincushion and Deadly Mists). You also have about a dozen blank cards to spare.

>How long would a worthwhile nap take?
> That depends...You sometimes feel like dozing off, yet you're not feeling tired enough to actually do it. Really irritating, that...It'd probably take you an hour at least to fall asleep and a couple more to feel like it was worthwhile, so about 4 to 5 hours.

> Glance at Mokou. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"
> Wonder if 3 spells go in, new spell comes out.
> Maple looks a bit unsure. "I'm not certain that's how it's supposed to work...I think it just combines the effects of the cards together. Creating a new spell card from three different ones sounds...Dangerous."

> "Power is easy. Safety is hard."
> Attempt to avoid blowing anything up. People don't appreciate it when we accidentally blow them up with our experiments. Put rock someplace where we won't accidentally blow anything up with it, then try putting 3 different spell cards on it.
> "Bwuh?!" Maple begins to protest, but you can't hear her over the spinning gears in your head. At the very least, though, you'd figure you might as well try this out in a place where you're not liable to destroy the fairies' community.
> You ask if you could get a hand with moving this tablet outside Knottingham. "Oh...All right," Maple says, having finally giving up on her little spiel. It takes some effort, but the four of you manage to transport the RADIANT TABLET outside the town entrance, and set it down with a hearty THUMP.

> Now the question remains: what cards will you place on the tablet? You'll need one for A, B, and C...Maple also commented that she tried a fourth card on the middle space once, and while she could sense its effect, she wasn't able to do anything special with it, so there's that to consider. The group also agrees to let you (ahem) borrow one card from each of them: Hermia and Mokou have fire-based cards, you've seen Maple's earth/stone cards, and you have the poison and pure magic-based spell cards.
> Choose wisely, players!
> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #561 on: March 10, 2014, 06:33:23 AM »
>Presumably our current selection of Marisa cards don't rely on the Hakkero? Might as well reduce the chances we won't be able to use it right now...

I'm thinking stars that burst into poison clouds? Perhaps flammable poison clouds, with a third fire card? Any ideas?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #562 on: March 10, 2014, 10:32:56 AM »
> Um, well, lets take one of our laser cards, one of Medicine's poison cloud cards, and one of Mokou's "Hax sign: Burn everything" cards, put the three on the triangle corners, and put a couple blank card in the middle of the triangle.

> ...So one day the fairy woke up and decided to create an artifact of power, without a clue how the thing she was making worked. There's something odd about that story.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #563 on: March 11, 2014, 05:01:17 AM »
> ...So one day the fairy woke up and decided to create an artifact of power, without a clue how the thing she was making worked. There's something odd about that story.
> Well, it's not uncommon to be possessed in Gensokyo...But you're not entirely how a "fey mood" is supposed to work either. Might as well throw that onto the "MYSTERIOUS" pile.

> Um, well, lets take one of our laser cards, one of Medicine's poison cloud cards, and one of Mokou's "Hax sign: Burn everything" cards, put the three on the triangle corners, and put a couple blank card in the middle of the triangle.
> ERROR: Please specify which should go on A, B, and C. (yes this matters. no the parser won't tell you how much it matters.)
> ERROR: Too many cards on the center region. Please remove one and try again.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #564 on: March 11, 2014, 05:38:25 AM »
>We don't have Witch Leyline, do we? Having a dual mobility use could be nice...
>See what happens if it gets four blank spellcards.

I'm thinking A - Milky Way, B - Poison Mists, and one of Mokou's phoenix cards for C. If we don't know what the order means (yet?), then it doesn't really matter at this point.
... though if they go in order, A-Milk B-Phoenix C-Mist resulting in poison-trailing birds could be neat

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #565 on: March 11, 2014, 05:56:10 AM »
>We don't have Witch Leyline, do we? Having a dual mobility use could be nice...
>See what happens if it gets four blank spellcards.

I'm thinking A - Milky Way, B - Poison Mists, and one of Mokou's phoenix cards for C. If we don't know what the order means (yet?), then it doesn't really matter at this point.
... though if they go in order, A-Milk B-Phoenix C-Mist resulting in poison-trailing birds could be neat
> You try setting in four blank cards, just for the hell of it. Nothing happens. =P
> You do have Witch Leyline on you, actually! You always keep one in every deck you make, because ramming into enemies with your broom at high speeds is just so much goddamn FUN!

> ...
> Place Witch Leyline in center slot (Y/N)?

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #566 on: March 12, 2014, 12:31:03 AM »
> ...Place broom at center of rock. No that's a terrible idea. We place Witch Leyline in the center of the rock and see what happens.

> THEN we place our broom in the middle of the rock.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:33:36 AM by capt. h »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #567 on: March 12, 2014, 12:42:29 AM »
>Let's try not to break it, please. Though if we could enchant the broom by touching it there... maybe once we see what happens with the spellcards.
>Try that aforementioned  A-Milky Way B-Phoenix C-Mist combination.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #568 on: March 12, 2014, 01:17:39 AM »
> ...Place broom at center of rock. No that's a terrible idea. We place Witch Leyline in the center of the rock and see what happens.

> THEN we place our broom in the middle of the rock.

>Let's try not to break it, please. Though if we could enchant the broom by touching it there... maybe once we see what happens with the spellcards.
>Try that aforementioned  A-Milky Way B-Phoenix C-Mist combination.
> This rock is pretty damn hard, it'd have to take a lot for you to even scratch it with your current items and spells. Not like you'd want to break this thing anyways...Then again, try to break it might be a good way to test the limits of its power...
> At any rate, you place the cards on the appropriate slots, and just for the hell of it, you put your broom on the rock as well. You've got plenty of 'em back at the house, and it's not like--

> VWOOOOSH. The rock and the room glow with a blinding light, as sparks shoot up into the sky.
> ...Like you were trying to say, it's not like you expect anything interesting to happen, but apparently this proved you wrong. Maple is speechless, Hermia's all "wow, this is cool!" and Mokou's all like "huh, this is interesting." Mini-Medi-Mari is a bit mesmerized by what happens next.

> The items and the cards lift up into the sky, then start to dematerialize into a finer swirling mass of particles. Then, the particles shoot into your very being, and you can feel something being hitched to your very soul...It doesn't hurt or anything, but it does feel weird. What feels even weirder is the mass of magical energy surging through your soul and body, coalescing into your hands...It takes on a shape. A long shape, not unlike that of a bo-staff or polearm. There is another flash of light and magic, and you can feel something tangible in your hands. It is a long, wooden staff that is finely carved into a perfectly round rod, and the top is a rectangular box that seems to have three glowing gems set into it. The topmost one is a bright, almost white and blue color, the second is a flaming red, and the third is a dull, smokey purple. The wood on the staff itself seems like it's identical to the ones you use to make your brooms, and despite its heft it's surprisingly lightweight.

> Congratulations, you just managed to make the RADIANT ST--
> "There they are, Vina-sama!"
> Oh, what now?! You look up at the source of the voice, it's that annoying yellow fairy from earlier and her purple friend. GLIMMER and GLITTER, if you're not mistaken. They are accompanied by a (s)lime green fairy that you assume is VINA; she has her hair done up in a ponytail, wears a pair of glasses, and is donning a set of green and brown dress robes. She also has remarkably intricately-patterned wings and seems to be slightly taller than the other two fairies (though she still seems shorter than you). The trio flies down from their perch above to stop atop Maple's abode.
> Speaking of which, Maple gasps and shrinks back with a horrified look on her face. Hermia just glares at them and says "What do you two want?"
> "Like, can't you count?" Glitter chides. "We were totally serious when we said we'd tell the boss lady what's going on."
> "I would like an explanation for all this, after all," Vina says in a politer tone. "Especially after you materialized that...Weapon, I guess, in your hands."
> "See?! I told you they were up to no good," Glimmer blurts out.
> Vina, however, just holds up a finger to Glimmer and continues to address you. "If it's not too much trouble, I'd like you all to come up to my abode and tell me what you're up to...I'd rather not incite a panic if we can help it."

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #569 on: March 12, 2014, 01:32:57 AM »
> Didn't we move the rock outside?

> "We're performing science- magic- er... magical science on the rock. We can move the rock farther away if that's the problem."

> Mokou's probably going to want a turn, and I we want to see what abomination of excess fire, power, and firepower comes out.