Author Topic: Touhou Ball Z: Plan to Eradicate the Shrine Maidens  (Read 2105 times)

Touhou Ball Z: Plan to Eradicate the Shrine Maidens
« on: June 22, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »
So I just got into Touhou and decided to make a fangame. If you saw Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, you already know the basic plot. In case you don't know, a Tuffle named Dr.Raichi wants to kill the rest of the Saiyans for killing his entire race. The fangame is the same basic thing. I just need a good free rpg ebgine and I can get this game in development. So basically, replace Saiyans with Shrine Maidens and Dr.Raichi with a demon. Of course, Reimu is the main character!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:11:44 PM by jinnoripperroo »

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Re: Touhou Ball Z: Plan to Eradicate the Shrine Maidens
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 03:42:01 PM »
So I just got into Touhou and decided to make a fangame. If you saw Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, you already know the basic plot. In case you don't know, a Tuffle named Dr.Raichi wants to kill the rest of the Saiyans for killing his entire race. The fangame is the same basic thing. I just need a good free rpg ebgine and I can get this game in development. So basically, replace Saiyans with Shrine Maidens and Dr.Raichi with a demon. Of course, Reimu is the main character!
RPG Maker or Game Maker. You might also appreciate this thread, and should be posting in this section. What kind of interface do you have in mind?

Wait I think this is in the right section. My bad
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:28:31 PM by Imosa »

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 04:52:28 PM »
I prefer an engine with turn based options.
Update: Found an engine called Sphere. It just might work.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:57:37 PM by jinnoripperroo »

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:08:17 AM »
By turn based, do you mean such as for battles like in Final Fantasy I-III, Chrono Trigger, etc?
The RPG Maker series does that.
XP seems to have the most resources, along with VX, but there's a whole debate over which is better.
Now there's RPG Maker VX Ace or whatever, which I heard is great, so...

If you mean turn based like... Advance Wars or Fire Emblem, then I don't know any great engine for it.
There was a planned FE-like engine, but it was stopped after some incident about it being leaked.

I've never heard of Sphere, but if it suits your purposes and you decide to use it, then good for you.
What does it cover, anyway?