Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!  (Read 207487 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« Reply #480 on: June 17, 2013, 02:11:44 AM »
Looks like I know what I want as my complimentary hat now :v

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #481 on: June 19, 2013, 05:58:32 AM »
I'm planning a big update in the near future. Abracadabra has been rewritten to match proper official skill behavior, Eclage (including Hazy Forest) is almost complete, and I've made some discoveries with regards to official high refinining (+11 and up). Basically the current chances and behaviors are WAY WAY WAY WRONG. I've derived the actual chances and behaviors when you're chasing an +11 and up upgrade:

Code: [Select]
High upgrading (+11-20) behaviors and chances
+11 +12 +13 +14 +15 +16 +17 +18 +19 +20
armor 100 100 100 100 90 60 60 30 30 10
weapon lv1 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 90 60 20
weapon lv2 100 100 100 100 100 100 90 60 30 20
weapon lv3 100 100 100 100 100 90 75 30 30 20
weapon lv4 100 100 100 100 90 60 60 30 30 10

If refine fails, on official another random number 0-100 is rolled. If number > 80 item is broken, otherwise item is dropped a refine level (so in effect 20% chance to break on fail).

Oh and the official HP/SP fix is almost complete as well. I've been a busy bee helping with rA :D (I didn't actually do Eclage and HP/SP but I'm helping test them).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:40:06 AM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #482 on: June 19, 2013, 08:38:49 PM »
Right, I keep forgetting to ask.

I'm pretty much done with RO, as my short attention span, however long it lasted this time, has moved on. I told Trance she could have my account and pick over all my good stuffs, but I wanna change my password first. How do I go about doing that?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #483 on: June 20, 2013, 01:40:42 AM »
I can change it I guess.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #484 on: June 20, 2013, 02:54:27 AM »
Preferred password PM'd on irc

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #485 on: June 20, 2013, 10:44:45 AM »
I think Khatlizburgs wandering about Pyramid B2 like they are one of the mobs of the map might be my fault...
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #486 on: July 03, 2013, 03:27:35 AM »
Erm, is this thread dead? Because if it isn't, I have an issue trying to install HatOnline:

No, my computer is not in French locale. In fact, it's in Japanese locale.
I have absolutely no idea what's wrong or how to fix it. I already have the base Ragnarok Online installed. Help???
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #487 on: July 03, 2013, 06:26:59 AM »
Don't use the updater. Just launch HatOnlineRE.exe

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #488 on: July 06, 2013, 04:18:07 PM »
http://trac.rathena.org/changeset/17402/rathena

No one probably cares anymore but I did a thing .________.;;

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #489 on: July 06, 2013, 08:06:09 PM »

I do! Sorry for being alone...
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #490 on: July 06, 2013, 11:29:51 PM »

\ o/

I'm sorry, I should really get back on. >.< I just need um, motivation. D:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #491 on: July 07, 2013, 12:46:07 AM »
Well I remembered my password and have time now. Now I just have the issue of getting my family off my back then I can maybe go back to grinding very slowly.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #492 on: July 07, 2013, 10:21:56 AM »
To be honest I haven't had any time to really get in the mood to play either. I've been spending way too much time taking care of real life stuff to even update the server. I don't plan on taking it down as it's just on my home server, but I imagine it'll just end up like this where we'll go through spurts of wanting to play and then some dead time and then back again.

I'll just make sure to keep the light on if anyone wants to play.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #493 on: July 12, 2013, 04:49:51 AM »
So this entire time, with Elastor farming MVPs solo, it was because I screwed up EDP. The person I was coding with had partially implemented it but in a different structure than where I did, so it ended up calculating EDP bonuses twice D:

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #494 on: July 12, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
So this entire time, with Elastor farming MVPs solo, it was because I screwed up EDP. The person I was coding with had partially implemented it but in a different structure than where I did, so it ended up calculating EDP bonuses twice D:

Mystery solved!  :o

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #495 on: July 12, 2013, 02:57:03 PM »
SO IT WAS YOU Guess I should've made a SinX/GX first :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #496 on: July 12, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »
Mystery solved!  :o
Unfortunately it's a bit too late but honestly since I'm not worried about econ (or any sort of "balance" for PvP/etc), I'm not resetting anything. Plus at this point the server is in maintenance mode for the most part. I'm leaving it up for people who wish to futz around and play on it and I imagine every once in a while I and other people might get the itch to play again and I'll happily do my part to keep the light on for those times.

I will still be improving it and fixing things, so if you're playing and notice something broken/wrong definitely let me know. It's all valuable feedback to me :3

My next big project on rAthena is mob AI and getting it to match AEGIS behavior. Then player movement. That's going to be awesome BV

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #497 on: July 12, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
My next big project on rAthena is mob AI and getting it to match AEGIS behavior. Then player movement. That's going to be awesome

Out of curiousity, what's inaccurate about it at the moment (players in particular)?

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #498 on: July 12, 2013, 08:17:23 PM »
Out of curiousity, what's inaccurate about it at the moment (players in particular)?

Player movement in rAthena is best described as "I swear to God, the pathing was never this stupid back then!" It's easy to get stuck on thin walls and corners, among other things, causing many an unfair death to mobs.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #499 on: July 13, 2013, 07:36:20 AM »

rAthena pathfinding is one of the shittiest things about it, I swear. I haven't delved into it as deeply as fontpants has but Jesus Christ.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #500 on: July 13, 2013, 02:23:26 PM »
Well I know it's awful, it's just that I don't think I've ever played an MMO with good pathfinding so I just assumed it was bog standard :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #501 on: July 13, 2013, 08:16:24 PM »
The biggest difference right now is how hit detection and "flinching" is handled. On AEGIS what's supposed to happen, is server detects a hit, tells the client it's hit. When you're hit, you do the flinch animation, and at that point you resume walking. If you were less than halfway through a cell when getting hit, then you get moved back to the start of the cell, otherwise you continue going forward. At the end of it all you still keep on moving though. What endure is supposed to do is remove the flinch animation. There's still the half-cell check, so it's still possible to hitlock monsters/players with endure (just attack faster than their walk speed and they'll never move more than a half cell before getting hit). That's how on officials high ASPD snipers would hitlock slow monsters like Atroce or Ktullanux.

Athena currently does none of this. When you're hit your movement actually stops and resets. That's why you rubberband like crazy when getting hit, because on the server you've stopped moving but your client thinks it should still be (because on AEGIS that's what's supposed to happen). Endure removes all movement hindrance, when you get hit you just keep on moving uninterrupted, so endure is actually better on Athena.

As far as mob AI goes, the easiest way to explain is that each monster is a state engine. They all have a state they're in, and when a condition is checked (IE I got hit or a target came within my visual etc), it changes into a state like ATTACK or CHASE or stuff like that. On Athena, target is an attribute. When you walk out of sight range, target is reset and the monster returns back to idle since it has no target. On AEGIS, targetting is actually an active state, so when you leave sight, the monster still actually has you as a target. So for example, if you hit a normally non-aggressive monster, walking out of vision doesn't immediately reset the aggressive state. A monster will hold aggro until it's lost target on you long enough to time out the aggressive state. On Athena once it's lost target the aggressive state is considered invalid and the monster goes back to passive. This is just one of several divergences between AEGIS and Athena mob AI.

I actually just pinned down official Cloaking behavior and how the speed boost check is handled. It's been wrong this entire time. When you're on a wall you're supposed to move faster than off wall. Originally this check was done on every cell, once you left a wall you lost your speed boost immediately. This is not how it's handled on AEGIS. On AEGIS the check for speed boost only occurs on the cell your walk ORIGINATES from. For example, say you have 2 walls, and a gap about 10 cells across. If you start from one wall, and click on the opposite wall, and do not give another move command, you'll actually keep the speed boost the entire time, despite crossing a gap without touching any walls. But, if say halfway through the crossing you give another move command, you will immediately lose the speed boost, because when you give that second move command server checks your position and sees you're not on a wall and takes away the speed boost. The wall check for if you remain cloaked happens on every cell regardless, so if you're using cloaking levels 1 or 2 and you cross a gap you will still lose cloak immediately.

There's a lot of older skills like that that have been wrong that nobody's actually bothered to get the proper behavior on that can make drastic gameplay differences.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:20:14 PM by helvetica »

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2013, 02:08:15 AM »

I guess the server is disabled now?

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #503 on: October 01, 2013, 05:11:50 AM »
My box had been unstable for a while now and I never bothered to boot it back up when I finally fixed it.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #504 on: October 10, 2013, 06:39:15 PM »
I've been wondering about that...

so is it on now

Delfigamer

« Reply #505 on: October 10, 2013, 10:09:13 PM »
I've tried the next day after TSO's post, and the server still was unreachable. :derp:
Dunno if she booted it later, I haven't checked since then, thinking she'd write another post when decided to bring HatOnline back.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2013, 06:18:22 AM »
I keep on forgetting to restart this sorry :(

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #507 on: November 04, 2013, 01:08:08 PM »
I tried creating an account following the instructions but it fails to connect to the server.
The patcher also fails to execute the launcher, so I started that directly. Now I don't know if I did something wrong with creating the account or something else happened.

Delfigamer

« Reply #508 on: November 04, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »
I guess TSO still keeps on forgetting. :V

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #509 on: November 07, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »
so is this still goin, was playing RO2 and got the urge to check this out again.

Also I've forgotten my password it seems :V
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:32:23 PM by Zork787 »
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970