Author Topic: Homestuck Thread Ver: ww - The Eridan Ampora Apprecation Station.  (Read 160053 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry

Years later, I still break out into a grin looking at that sullen glower.

Also, what's the deal with people trying to ban homestuck cosplays from conventions? Or rather, are they meeting with any success? Because that's a new level of hater backlash for me!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:34:16 AM by Purvosan »

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Re: Homestuck Thread Ver: ww - The Eridan Amphora Apprecation Station.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:23:56 PM »
Yeah; even I have no idea what that's all about it.

I mean, someone started a petition to try and ban Homestuck from MCM Expo and their future events. Trying to stop people cosplaying from any series is just wrong.
Of course, the Homestuck fandom invaded said petition in their own way~ :V

But yeah, trying to ban any fandom from events is just a waste of time.

{Also, yay, new Homestuck bubble thread.}

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
It's probably because in conventions where there are a limited number of tickets available, homestuck cosplay is generally very low-rent and means fewer types of other series cosplay, or something.

It makes some sense for anime conventions to frown at homestuck cosplay, but I don't really see the point in banning it from comic conventions (given that it is, in fact, a comic).  Granted, such a ban is likely impossible to enforce anyway, outside of preventing "official" meetups like the ten million people who applied and were rejected for a Homestuck panel at Otakon last year.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »
While people push toward banning hamsteak from conventions

hussie includes like, dozens of new costumes in the last update

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 04:11:40 PM »
Last week: All ships are canon
This week: All fancostumes are canon

The Huss is crowdsourcing more and more these days.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »
While people push toward banning hamsteak from conventions

hussie includes like, dozens of new costumes in the last update
that was the plan

to give the fandom a boner

and they... got one :niccage:

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »
Linked because not enough time to shrink.  :derp:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4j7lrZkXr1rsw8doo1_1280.gif

Now all we need to do is wait for the fan-canon trolls to appear...
Then the cycle will be complete...

Unless they somehow made it into the update without us knowing about it~ :V
{Probably not, I did check several times over.}

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »
@Shadoweh from the previous thread: Are you forgetting that Vriska also has luck powers?

Banning any sort of cosplay seems pretty dumb to me, aside from the obvious inappropriate stuff.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »
People just get upset because it's something that isn't an anime being cosplayed at an anime convention with extreme frequency.

Then again people cosplay things like sci fi characters, comic book characters, characters from American cartoons, celebrities, and video game characters (not anime even if Japanese) so... really it's just an excuse to try to hate on Homestuck more.

As was said already, there's basically no way this could ever happen so whatever.

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 04:53:18 AM »
There was an Equius dressed as Waldo/Wally.

Also, some people noticed that Gamzee only appears precisely once, and are theorizing that this means that Gamzee never died in any alternate timeline. (They're forgetting, for instance, the alternate timeline Terezi "saw" which resulted in the entire meteor getting blown the fuck up ...)

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 05:03:31 AM »
Meenah and Vriska also only appear once so :derp:

also maybe there is only one Gamzee :3

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »
The cosplay thread has been dead for over two weeks now, and it's the first time I post stuff like this so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to open a new thread or just post it here since it's Homestuck-related. I'll go ahead and post it here, and it can be moved wherever if necessary.

It was the biggest mangacon in Spain last weekend, and we did this huge cosplay group on Sunday 4th!
http://kyoaku-koibito.deviantart.com/art/let-me-tell-you-about-Homestuck-336192078

It's the first cosplay group that gathers all twelve pre-scratch trolls, so people were really proud of it, and the images off of their photoshoot that went onto DeviantArt blew up pretty fast.
http://mitsuki-aizawa.deviantart.com/art/The-Twelve-of-Us-336401212
http://bloody-tears-panther.deviantart.com/art/6lah6lah6lah6lah6lah6lah-336241807

My girlfriend spent a long time working on her Aranea cosplay since it's been her favourite character for a long time now, so it's a pity that we left her necklace behind at home because we were in such a hurry (we were getting there about one hour late due to gray make-up issues). I was cosplaying Bro with some huge shades I borrowed from a friend.

We initially covered almost every character, but lots of people dropped out, some got replaced, others dropped out and got replaced again... in the end, some people were left with very little time to work on their costumes (including the last three trolls that were introduced) so we almost didn't make it (we only found some steampunk-ish glasses for Horuss the day before the meeting out of pure luck since a friend was carrying some around). Thankfully, all of the people that dropped out at the last minute were covering relatively minor characters (Mindfang, Doc Scratch, Caliborn...) and we found another Rose at the Con to replace in for the girl who fell ill on the last few days to the group meeting.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 10:14:56 AM »
So... the update hits and...

Wow. So not only do we get the
Spoiler:
name of the planets
we also get some rather tasty
Spoiler:
outfits.
Spoiler:
GAS MASKS!
THAT IS ALL!

Also, Hussie, what are you doing? THAT is the
Spoiler:
End of Part 4?!

Edible

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
Hahaha, shortest act ever.

Also, I missed this:

http://mitsuki-aizawa.deviantart.com/art/The-Twelve-of-Us-336401212

Holy crap, that's an awesome picture.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »
so where does it say that the whole thing took 99 days
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 07:07:15 PM »
Them's some cool planets. I'm kind of happy to be going back to the new kids.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 08:31:24 PM »
So all the new kids' planets are based on noble gases. Interesting.

Also: Tattoos.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 08:40:54 PM »
What I least expected.

HOMESTUCK cosplay in Singapore. What people who are not from the US knows HOMESTUCK AND SHIPS THEM omg.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »
I like the music. The original was always one of my favorites, and now some Irish vibes. It's now perfect.

And the new planets are cool. I wonder what is with the gases and how those fit into the whole thing.

Lands of Death and Noble Gases. ... oh. Void session and the four Nobles.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:01:03 PM by Solais »

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »
What I least expected.

HOMESTUCK cosplay in Singapore. What people who are not from the US knows HOMESTUCK AND SHIPS THEM omg.

Well, it apparently has a small following in Japan already, so I'm not all too surprised it's being read and getting fans elsewhere in east Asia.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 01:18:51 AM »
I just realized this, but, uh, did Act 6 Act 4 just end as soon as it started? ',:/

Edible

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
I just realized this, but, uh, did Act 6 Act 4 just end as soon as it started? ',:/

So it appears <_<

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 04:37:21 AM »
I think it's supposed to just imply "So the new kids did all this cool adventure stuff and learned things and etc that we already pretty much saw the original kids AND to some degree the trolls do, and none of it was really all that important in the big picture and we can kind of guess what it was, so we're skipping to the part that actually matters"

but the act ends because a whole bunch of shit just got done even if it's not really notable enough to bother with considering it'd take forever

It would be hilarious if Hussie was like "okay whole act with the kids done, INTERMISSION TIME AGAIN"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 06:01:34 AM »
Notice how
Spoiler:
Jack was counting out tally-marks in weeks instead of 5s

Spoiler:
He's been in his jail cell (and by extension, the adventure has been going on) for 21 weeks and 6 days, or 153 days.

Spoiler:
Starting on 11/11/11, that last shot in Jack's jail cell was on 4/12/2012.

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 06:07:14 AM »
Notice how
Spoiler:
Jack was counting out tally-marks in weeks instead of 5s

Spoiler:
He's been in his jail cell (and by extension, the adventure has been going on) for 21 weeks and 6 days, or 153 days.

Spoiler:
Starting on 11/11/11, that last shot in Jack's jail cell was on 4/12/2012.

Spoiler:
Oh wow. I did notice something weird about him counting in 7s instead of 5s, but I didn't really think much of it. I suppose this means something big is going to happen on the day after, huh.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 07:00:33 AM »
All I really got out of this was pretty art, music, and OUTFITS YEAH.

So... yep... Hussie did say he planned for this to be only one "page" like a year ago, so it has nothing to do with time constraints or anything. I'd agree that it's basically supposed to be "yep, kids adventuring in Sburb, been there done that."

Oh above post was made while I typed so in response:
Spoiler:
Well the day after would be 4/13/2013 which is when the beta kids are supposed to meet the alphas, 3 years from the start of the story. It also seems to be accepted speculation that that's the date the comic will end in reality, though that of course is just speculation based on Hussie saying it will end in 2013.

pineyappled

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 07:56:56 AM »
Also, what's the deal with people trying to ban homestuck cosplays from conventions? Or rather, are they meeting with any success? Because that's a new level of hater backlash for me!
The problem is that it takes over entire conventions. (obligatory Stan Lee's) Comikaze back in September was a pretty big event with a handful of huge industry people, and all I remember were maybe 30 Batmans, ~20 Captain Americas, 30 assorted Batman villains, maybe 20 not-Batman not-movie Avengers capes, some anime things, and around ninety billion trolls. Homestuck is big enough for its own small cons, and way too huge to be in off-topic cons.
I don't really see the point in banning it from comic conventions (given that it is, in fact, a comic)
are you kidding me homestuck is a fucking picture bookIt's a webcomic, fair enough.
While I don't really give a shit about fandom wars, keep in mind that the main demographic of comic conventions hate Homestuck and its fans with a burning passion.

tl;dr taking over our cons isn't cool, man.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 08:46:38 AM »
The problem is that it takes over entire conventions. (obligatory Stan Lee's) Comikaze back in September was a pretty big event with a handful of huge industry people, and all I remember were maybe 30 Batmans, ~20 Captain Americas, 30 assorted Batman villains, maybe 20 not-Batman not-movie Avengers capes, some anime things, and around ninety billion trolls. Homestuck is big enough for its own small cons, and way too huge to be in off-topic cons. are you kidding me homestuck is a fucking picture bookIt's a webcomic, fair enough.
While I don't really give a shit about fandom wars, keep in mind that the main demographic of comic conventions hate Homestuck and its fans with a burning passion.

tl;dr taking over our cons isn't cool, man.

Sounds like they improved it, not our fault The Huss blows the rest of those guys out of the water. ::smug::

I am fully expecting the local anime con I'm going to this week to be at least half homestucks now. There were a handful of them last time, and it's gotten to be much more popular for cosplayers since.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »
What I least expected.

...YOU READ HOMESTUCK?!
believe me there's a 'sgstuck' group on FB and they ship dirkjake like rabbits in heat
perhaps i should have worn my homosuck shirts on sunday...hehe
Well, it apparently has a small following in Japan already, so I'm not all too surprised it's being read and getting fans elsewhere in east Asia.
i wish singapore was in east asia (lol)
i count 5 people on tumblr and 3 on pixiv, i think 1/2 are actually from TW. but still! also the japanese translation has almost act 1 finished or something. ..
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 04:32:40 PM »
The problem is that it takes over entire conventions. (obligatory Stan Lee's) Comikaze back in September was a pretty big event with a handful of huge industry people, and all I remember were maybe 30 Batmans, ~20 Captain Americas, 30 assorted Batman villains, maybe 20 not-Batman not-movie Avengers capes, some anime things, and around ninety billion trolls.

...Huh, really? I must've not been around at the right time to nearly see them all, but I remember only seeing about 20-30 or so Homestuck cosplayers total while I was there. I didn't really talk to many of them, though, heh, really only one Karkat when I first arrived there and a couple waves to a select one or two other peeps. Guess I just didn't look around hard enough. ...Plus, I was with my sister who I was visiting at the time, I only went to the con as something to do while over in the great city o' LA, so I didn't have the full experience of staying the whole amount of hours at the con.

.hehe i wish singapore was in east asia (lol)
Well, okay, it's in the SE isands but vauguely technically it's correct :V
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.