Author Topic: [Art] Dauph?'s Atelier  (Read 1410 times)

[Art] Dauph?'s Atelier
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »
I'm new to, and thus do not know much about, Touhou yet, but I decided to create two button samples that I would like to eventually sell at a convention. (And I have been advised by a friend to post here, and can only hope that I am doing it right.) It probably isn't good that I'm actually more in love with the Koumajou Densetsu/Touhouvania designs than the canonical designs, but in any case, I hope you enjoy. This is also a style test, so specific comments regarding the art style would be very much appreciated.

It is very likely that I will do more Touhou fanart in the future, though it is uncertain as to when that is due to my busy schedule.

My DeviantArt is simply Dauph? (Dauphe) on DeviantArt, and you can find more of my works there. If you have a DeviantArt, then chances are, you may have seen this already.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: [Art] Dauph?'s Atelier
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 01:19:21 AM »
Hey welcome to MotK, welcome to Touhou! Your friend is absolutely right
Style feels pretty fluid and free. Sakuya's eyes are ok, but Flandre's kind of feel a bit off. Maybe a bit too sharp, hard, and rigid compared to your otherwise flowy and smooth style
But then, this is your first piece here so I can't compare to anything else
Keep it up!
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
Re: [Art] Dauph?'s Atelier
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »
Hi and welcome to MotK!

I must say, your style is a refreshing sight to see. They are giving me the impression of being half western and japanese and I absolutely adore those. Colors too looks pretty nice and I think you did a really good joob with Sakuya.

Oh, and since you have a DA, I might as well follow you there!

I hope to see more works :3
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList