Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 289263 times)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
« Reply #450 on: August 07, 2011, 01:45:21 AM »
EDIT: I'm also supporting the use of any voice communication plugins, or maybe a Mumble/Vent/TeamSpeak (prefer the first) server to allow for voice chat and micspams.
I also forgot to add, what about Skype? (unless that really kills the CPU or something when with MC) Wouldn't have to bother with adding it to MC this way.

FYI me and Strafe just put in the order for the new server. We'll be on Provision Host this time, and it looks like we won't have restrictions on what kinds of mods we can run.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #451 on: August 07, 2011, 01:47:35 AM »
Actually this is something that really bugs me about minecraft, it's impossible to have running water unless it's going constantly downhill.

FYI me and Strafe just put in the order for the new server. We'll be on Provision Host this time, and it looks like we won't have restrictions on what kinds of mods we can run.
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #452 on: August 07, 2011, 01:53:13 AM »
Actually this is something that really bugs me about minecraft, it's impossible to have running water unless it's going constantly downhill.
Agreed. But we can try and WE a river and bay out! :3 (doing it with traditional water buckets will be quite uneven in practice)
Of course, it won't be a full running river but it beats no rivers! Might as well dig out a valley through the area, put in some uselessly common resource, and //replace it with water blocks.

Personally I'd kill for fjords in MC :3

HELL YEAH :getdown:

I also forgot to add, what about Skype? (unless that really kills the CPU or something when with MC) Wouldn't have to bother with adding it to MC this way.
...that could work too, though I don't use it yet :derp:
I prefer a dedicated server or plugin for this, however, and not something ad-hoc like Skype.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:36:12 AM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #453 on: August 07, 2011, 03:16:29 AM »
So, how long do you think till the new server is up?

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #454 on: August 07, 2011, 03:40:12 AM »

I vote meow  :3 :3 :3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #455 on: August 07, 2011, 03:55:06 AM »
When 1.8 releases.

I vote meow  :3 :3 :3
(offtopic: both of you, upgrade to Lion, nya ~ :3)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:06:10 AM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #456 on: August 07, 2011, 04:21:08 AM »
How about instead of Skype, we just use MotK's own Teamspeak server?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #457 on: August 07, 2011, 04:41:06 AM »
If we get our own room, now there's an idea! Prepare for music spam :V
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #458 on: August 07, 2011, 04:56:29 AM »
(offtopic: both of you, upgrade to Lion, nya ~ :3)
That one that Ice-Fire-Bolt is on is the one I'm working on. >_>
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #459 on: August 07, 2011, 09:09:29 AM »
See the problem with Minecraft-generated bodies of water is... They never seem to be deep enough for any impressive underwater constructions. (Also there are never any rivers. :/) It only looks deep to you because your vision is zoomed in and darkened while you are beneath the surface of water. You might need some TNT to increase the depth of your chosen lake or ocean first. Which sounds horribly tedious to me. Good luck with your project anyway and may you find many willing to help you with it.

Didn't mean to discourage you. I'm just pointing out that lakes and oceans in Minecraft tend to be rather shallow, is all.
There are some sections that are generated to have fairly deep ocean floors. One such area to the east of town in the old map would have been ideal for Rapture/Atlantis. As far as increasing the depth is concerned, it's just one WorldEdit awa--*Dr.Strafe has crashed the server*

* Minecraftian Minesweeper :V :V :V (how I am supposed to do this, I don't even know)
Not to mention that the game would be a one-shot deal. Half the continent would blow up if you lost!

EDIT: I'm also supporting the use of any voice communication plugins, or maybe a Mumble/Vent/TeamSpeak (prefer the first) server to allow for voice chat and micspams. Well, I'm more for the latter just for spamming live ZUNpets. XD
I'm for this mode of action as well. However, I don't think I'll be investing in a dedicated server for this, sorry. (also I don't have any of the programs listed...)

This might be a more viable option. Are we able to create our own room dedicated to the Minecraft server, or is it just a free-for-all?

And now the important one:
From what I get, the order was placed late Saturday. At this time, I haven't gotten any confirmation that the server is online. Hopefully, it will be online sometime Sunday so Stuffman and I can do our maintenance and setup. We'll find a new seed, make sure a PTM generated world will work out, make sure the plugins are working properly, (create a new spawn area?) etc. I'll also be placing the .schematic files I saved last week so we have access to all of our goodies again. Once we're done with that, we'll open it up to the rest of you guys. If all goes well, I'd say we'll open up sometime on Monday. We'll announce it whenever it's ready.

@EP. I saved your Fort to the south as a schematic as well. Would you like this placed in the new world, or would you rather build a new one?

Oh, for the love of EDIT - Tested pasting a schematic of the full Koishiville + SDM + Old spawn/Stuffman's place. 65million blocks, mostly because I saved EVERYTHING within the huge area, down to the bedrock. Not only did it take FOREVER to place, but the biomes were screwed up and all of the water began to freeze over. Now, that's just because of the seed of the test world I used, but similar things will probably happen within the new world.

So, here's what I'm thinking: We redesign
Spoiler:
and rename :V
Koishiville within the new PTM world. Since I made a Master Backup of the server files, I have access to the entire "old world" just how we left it. I can make smaller, more manageable schematics of each of the residences and places of interest. Then, I can paste each of them wherever the owner would like their new home to be. This way, we can still have the town, just a bit more cleanly structured.

This will involve a fair bit more work on my part, but I don't mind. After I get home from work on Sunday, I'll be off for the next four days. Let me know if you guys want to attempt this idea.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:31:28 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #460 on: August 07, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
If we get our own room, now there's an idea! Prepare for music spam :V

I'm sure they won't mind. Diablo, DotS, and other games have their own room. I think Minecraft fits right on in. Who do we ask?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #461 on: August 07, 2011, 01:44:31 PM »
There are some sections that are generated to have fairly deep ocean floors. One such area to the east of town in the old map would have been ideal for Rapture/Atlantis. As far as increasing the depth is concerned, it's just one WorldEdit awa--*Dr.Strafe has crashed the server*
Damnit Strafe, you had to Strafe it again!

@EP. I saved your Fort to the south as a schematic as well. Would you like this placed in the new world, or would you rather build a new one?
Keep it. I may not use it any longer but I'll leave it public.

Oh, for the love of EDIT - Tested pasting a schematic of the full Koishiville + SDM + Old spawn/Stuffman's place. 65million blocks, mostly because I saved EVERYTHING within the huge area, down to the bedrock. Not only did it take FOREVER to place, but the biomes were screwed up and all of the water began to freeze over. Now, that's just because of the seed of the test world I used, but similar things will probably happen within the new world.

So, here's what I'm thinking: We redesign
Spoiler:
and rename :V
Koishiville within the new PTM world. Since I made a Master Backup of the server files, I have access to the entire "old world" just how we left it. I can make smaller, more manageable schematics of each of the residences and places of interest. Then, I can paste each of them wherever the owner would like their new home to be. This way, we can still have the town, just a bit more cleanly structured.
That's a good idea! Oh, and did we find agreement on what kind of world from PTM we want?
Spoiler:
(also if this town gets renamed to Satoriville or Strafetown....)

Catch for me is that my house will be hard to put since it's pretty much a cave within a cove, while most of you had full houses and more.

I'm sure they won't mind. Diablo, DotS, and other games have their own room. I think Minecraft fits right on in. Who do we ask?
We should probably contact Pesco or TSO.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:51:05 PM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #462 on: August 07, 2011, 07:00:36 PM »
Done, bothered pesco about it. Info for TS is in getting started thread.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #463 on: August 07, 2011, 08:01:26 PM »
All of you probably still hate me, but I still have the original map back-up. Although Servercraft is fucking up again.
This time it's so laggy, I can't even join the server to test it. Read timed out.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:05:10 PM by DDRMANIAC007 »

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #464 on: August 07, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »
All of you probably still hate me, but I still have the original map back-up. Although Servercraft is fucking up again.
This time it's so laggy, I can't even join the server to test it. Read timed out.
Oh, you be the one that lit someones house on fire and started digging in my castle?  ^_^
Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #465 on: August 07, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »
No, DDR was never on the last server.

DDR, I think it's safe to say we're not going to bother with servercraft anymore, their servers have terrible performance. I'll add you to our new one on provisionhost if you want.

« Reply #466 on: August 07, 2011, 08:31:52 PM »
Nothing of the sort!
Hey, would you mind PMing me a copy of that world's backup? Y'know, whenever Servercraft pulls their heads out of their asses? I'm sure many people here would like to have some of their old creations placed in the new server. This is up to you, though.

Oh, you be the one that lit someones house on fire and started digging in my castle?  ^_^
Forgive me if I'm wrong.
Two different people in those cases. Neither one of them was DDR.

That's a good idea! Oh, and did we find agreement on what kind of world from PTM we want?
(also if this town gets renamed to Satoriville or Strafetown....)

Catch for me is that my house will be hard to put since it's pretty much a cave within a cove, while most of you had full houses and more.
-Haven't quite gotten that far yet. Stuffman wants to test out different seeds first.
-No, I don't need to have a town named after me. It might cause unintended consequences
-You're not the only one who built a home out of a cave. Those are going to be a little more difficult to place, mainly due to the irregular layout of the homes inside. Hopefully, I can manage to save the home in pieces, and put them together in a new cliff face for you guys.

When you were placing the "duplicate" of the old Community House, how much control did WorldEdit give you on placing it? Could you rotate it or adjust the height? Or was it, just "point and click"?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:33:25 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #467 on: August 07, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »
Nothing of the sort!
Hey, would you mind PMing me a copy of that world's backup? Y'know, whenever Servercraft pulls their heads out of their asses? I'm sure many people here would like to have some of their old creations placed in the new server. This is up to you, though.
...hey DDR! No hard feelings from me either! ^^

Alternate idea - Install Multiverse and have the main world a new PTM'd place, but have the original maps DDR and Stuffman/Strafe had backed up as alternate worlds. Granted, it won't be 100% copy, but it still beats shoehorning Koishiville, Rukinville, etc. directly into one new place! (we'll also definitely need mods if that is the case to set up portals between each of them)

Haven't quite gotten that far yet. Stuffman wants to test out different seeds first.
OK, got it.

When you were placing the "duplicate" of the old Community House, how much control did WorldEdit give you on placing it? Could you rotate it or adjust the height? Or was it, just "point and click"?
I had full control of height, rotation, and everything. I was just too lazy to do those :V
Also, WEing will not respect LWC Permissions. Just a heads-up.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:45:45 PM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #468 on: August 07, 2011, 08:38:27 PM »
No, DDR was never on the last server.

DDR, I think it's safe to say we're not going to bother with servercraft anymore, their servers have terrible performance. I'll add you to our new one on provisionhost if you want.
ok. They just posted, probobly still hate me, so I thought...
Sorry! XD

« Reply #469 on: August 07, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
i'm all for redign of koishiville ( or soon to be reanmed ____ville/town/city) also cant wiat for the server to be up, o wait i wont be here on monday Q.Q i'll be in hong kong till sept 5th, HAVE FUN LEAVE ME A NICE MOUNTAIN ON THE NEW TOWN :D

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #470 on: August 07, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
Didn't you guys destroy everything on DDR's server before going to the new one? The backups to recreate that stuff might not still exist.

« Reply #471 on: August 07, 2011, 08:57:36 PM »

Alternate idea - Install Multiverse and have the main world a new PTM'd place, but have the original maps DDR and Stuffman/Strafe had backed up as alternate worlds. Granted, it won't be 100% copy, but it still beats shoehorning Koishiville, Rukinville, etc.! (we'll also definitely need mods if that is the case to set up portals between each of them)
Sorry, we won't be installing MultiVerse quite yet. If a PTM generated world works, then I'll pepper the landscape with the schematics. I'll need to get back to the old world and create the schematics first. :V

I had full control of height, rotation, and everything. I was just too lazy to do those :V
Also, WEing will not respect LWC Permissions. Just a heads-up.
Awesome! Good to know. Yeah, the LWC protections disappear in the .schematic process as well. Everyone will need to redo their protections.

i'm all for redign of koishiville ( or soon to be reanmed ____ville/town/city) also cant wiat for the server to be up, o wait i wont be here on monday Q.Q i'll be in hong kong till sept 5th, HAVE FUN LEAVE ME A NICE MOUNTAIN ON THE NEW TOWN :D

While you're gone, would you like me to try to place your old home in a new mountain for you?
Didn't you guys destroy everything on DDR's server before going to the new one? The backups to recreate that stuff might not still exist.
Not everything, but yeah we did go around torching all of our old stuff. I was hoping that DDR could provide me with a slightly older backup, if he wanted to.

« Reply #472 on: August 07, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »
While you're gone, would you like me to try to place your old home in a new mountain for you?

No thanks, i want to start fresh, i just like a big mountain with a nice overhang thank you :D

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #473 on: August 07, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »
hey, i'm new to this group so i have nothing against you if that makes you feel better too  :D (P.S. love your signature it's hillarious)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #474 on: August 07, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
Sorry, we won't be installing MultiVerse quite yet. If a PTM generated world works, then I'll pepper the landscape with the schematics. I'll need to get back to the old world and create the schematics first. :V
Ah, that would've been nice, though.
Alternatively we, on a case-by-case basis, decide whether we want our old schematics now or start from scratch. As the server establishes itself better, we can then install MultiVerse and put the two old worlds as options. If that is the case I opt to start fresh and build EPFort mk3 (since I don't think mk2 was backed up - it was far to the east on the last server) as a first home.

Not everything, but yeah we did go around torching all of our old stuff. I was hoping that DDR could provide me with a slightly older backup, if he wanted to.
That was a fun little expedition! Here's hoping EP Megatower returns with all the lava covering it, overlooking the new spawn. :3 (the rest is too burned up)
Bad command or file name

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #475 on: August 07, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »
Sigh... sounds like you guys want a new world badly. I don't like changes myself, but as long as my pointless lighthouse can be jammed in there somewhere near a local settlement along with the vast underground complex, you'll hear no complaints from me... probably.
I wonder if you can make the server use a specific seed for terrain generation?
Because if yes, then there is one particularly interesting seed that you guys might like:
-1784338777788894343 (It's negative, the minus sign needs to be there)

It's even got a dedicated thread on Minecraft forums for some reason. It's got some screenshots if you can't be bothered to create a new world in your Minecraft and type it this long-ass number.

My only problem with that seed is, the game seems to be a little laggier than usual if you use it.

I also did not bother to explore far away from the original spawn point, so I'm not sure if the rest of the world is generated like that, with plenty of floating islands and nice overhangs.
It's very pretty, that seed. The overhangs make plenty of exposed dark areas in which monsters can spawn though, so be careful. It probably hurts the effectiveness of mob grinders a great deal, but meh.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:15:28 PM by Cadrin »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #476 on: August 07, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »
Quite a seed there! But it still uses vanilla terrain generation. I'd like to see more non-vanilla features via PTM, personally.
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2011, 10:49:13 PM »
Fuck yes new server incoming.
Hey, I dunno if this will work properly, but if my house/hill, adjacent lake and immediate underground area(as in just the farms and chests, don't care for the tunnels) could be placed in the new map I'd love that too :3
It's the first time I managed to build a house so cute without making it fuckbig.

I had a lot more to say but I forgot I was writing this poost so I forgot the rest rofl

Whoa didn't even know we had that
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #478 on: August 07, 2011, 10:49:30 PM »
It's in a .mcb format. Anyone know what that is?

Edit: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/wgen-phoenixterrainmod-v0-6-world-generator-1000.28520/ Doesn't look like you have to mod the server .jar anymore.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:51:56 PM by DDRMANIAC007 »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #479 on: August 08, 2011, 12:21:44 AM »
Because if yes, then there is one particularly interesting seed that you guys might like:
-1784338777788894343 (It's negative, the minus sign needs to be there)

It's even got a dedicated thread on Minecraft forums for some reason. It's got some screenshots if you can't be bothered to create a new world in your Minecraft and type it this long-ass number.

My only problem with that seed is, the game seems to be a little laggier than usual if you use it.

I also did not bother to explore far away from the original spawn point, so I'm not sure if the rest of the world is generated like that, with plenty of floating islands and nice overhangs.
It's very pretty, that seed. The overhangs make plenty of exposed dark areas in which monsters can spawn though, so be careful. It probably hurts the effectiveness of mob grinders a great deal, but meh.
:o

I tried out this seed. (lol gravel fell from the spawn point as it started) It is a bit laggier, yes. (heck, it broke my detail, can't use fast now, only fancy, otherwise, MC blanks out and crashes, with any world now) I've explored this a little, and found a nice gravel bank where it looks like there should have been water or something. This is pretty cool, just as long as MC holds up that is.
TF2 Backpack