Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 289282 times)

wooterz

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2011, 02:21:20 PM »
Who the FUx broke into my house!?

[pesco]editted for browser convenience of those with protections against bad words orz[/pesco]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:19:16 AM by Pesco »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2011, 03:17:25 PM »
Also, is it me or is the livefeed down? It worked fine on this system just yesterday....
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »
Also, is it me or is the livefeed down? It worked fine on this system just yesterday....
The whole server is down, mate.
Perhaps we are having BigBrother installed as we speak. Or maybe it's just maintenance. I don't know.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2011, 03:27:03 PM »
Server's up again.

I tried installing Log as an alternative to BigBrother but it isn't working; I suspect it's because it logs to the root directory which Brohoster probably doesn't allow. I've put in a ticket about BigBrother getting installed. (I'll catch you, dastardly cake bandit!!)

In the meantime, we now have Worldguard. I've temporarily disabled mushroom spread until we can get that under control. As a fun feature, Pumpkin Scuba mode is on! That means you can't drown if you're wearing a pumpkin helmet, allowing for undersea exploration.

EDIT: No other features of Worldguard are enabled at the moment, unless people want them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:29:08 PM by Stuffman »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2011, 03:28:33 PM »
Pictures won't do you much justice. You'd have to see the sites yourself to get the full impact.
JOIN US, HELEPOLIS
I am not planning on sticking, just looking what is all going on. I'll poke Stuffman later for a whitelist when he is online this evening.

Wait... Helepolis is part of the MotK?? and staff at that??? AND PLAYS MINECRAFT??
I learn new things everyday.. Whats been going Hele?
I don't know about you, but I've been around since 2009 here (as a member). I do play Minecraft, just occasionally on a small RL friend server with few others.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »
In the meantime, we now have Worldguard. I've temporarily disabled mushroom spread until we can get that under control. As a fun feature, Pumpkin Scuba mode is on! That means you can't drown if you're wearing a pumpkin helmet, allowing for undersea exploration.

EDIT: No other features of Worldguard are enabled at the moment, unless people want them.
Finally a fun use for pumpkins! :D
As for WorldGuard, I think we're okay with the defaults (aside from mushroom spread stoppage to contain the damage for now). The only real good use for it was to assign and protect certain common regions, which (as a mod on the old server) I found significantly more annoying than beneficial (though in our defence DDR didn't assign proper region-editing permissions).

EDIT: Still can't seem to get on the livefeed. I would try server but Win2k3 bitches about Java VMs.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:36:41 PM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
Yeah livefeed isn't working, hold on while I do science.

« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
Who the FUCK broke into my house!?

I saw that yesterday. Someone dug right into your basement.
Someone also ate my cake as well.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
Server's up again.
Is it, now? Because when I try to connect, I get the error message saying "Failed to connect to the server / Connection refused: connect". The same one I was getting while the server was down.
I don't understand that message at all. I tried to connect as it tells me, but it still says that my connections are refused.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
Yeah livefeed isn't working, hold on while I do science.

Everything should be working now.

I'm having LogBlock installed in place of BigBrother, Brohoster is setting up the MySQL part at the moment.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2011, 05:03:41 PM »
Bonus - livechat from livefeed is possible now. It was a result of livefeed updating (Stuffman said he deleted and refreshed the livefeed chunks, meaning the game will have to re-process them).
EDIT: For now, when chatting on livefeed your IP address will be visible to all using the livefeed, and maybe main game too. I've told Stuffman to mask them in a similar fashion to what DDR did on the old server (eg. web-001, web-002, etc.), but not how to do so (I don't know how to do that).
IPs are now masked, no need to fret about that now. Chat away! (though I think the 5-second cooldown is still there to block spam)
Chunks are also updating slowly...it seems to help to explore again. I just hope it doesn't end up corrupting the entire thing unlike what happened on DDR's server where post-1.7 the livefeed was borked and was only useful for relative player locations.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:27:27 PM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2011, 05:22:06 PM »
IPs are now hidden.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »
Is it possible to change specific IPs to display names instead?

draganuv15

« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2011, 06:08:42 PM »
Is it okay if I join the server? (if I haven't already, pretty sure i haven't)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »
Is it okay if I join the server? (if I haven't already, pretty sure i haven't)
Feel free to PM Stuffman with your MC name and he'll add you to the server whitelist.

Is it possible to change specific IPs to display names instead?
It MAY be but I prefer this not be implemented.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
Livefeed works for me, but it has many black spots on it similar to what happened in DDR's server. Could it be a conflict with a plugin?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »
Livefeed works for me, but it has many black spots on it similar to what happened in DDR's server. Could it be a conflict with a plugin?
Response was about 4 hours late, sorry Strafe.

As for the black spots - Stuffman said he did delete the existing livefeed chunks, so we have to re-explore for the livefeed to reload the terrain.
And DDR's server did the opposite where any re-exploration ended up corrupting the area.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »
Response was about 4 hours late, sorry Strafe.

As for the black spots - Stuffman said he did delete the existing livefeed chunks, so we have to re-explore for the livefeed to reload the terrain.
And DDR's server did the opposite where any re-exploration ended up corrupting the area.
Whoops! I misread all that. I'm still half-asleep  :derp:

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:53 PM »
Guys, Anarchy Land opening up within the next hour. Get on now!

EDIT: Btw, I have 16 stacks of bones. My chests are being infested with Bones/Feathers. Please, I need help. Take some away from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:52:46 PM by PX »

« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2011, 02:59:27 AM »
I have gone ahead and enabled PvP on the server due to many requests. This is more of a trial run, than anything.

Since people are migrating to the Anarchy Land, I ask that the PvP only be done there. There is plenty of space to cause mayhem with "no rules", etc. Just don't be a douche and start killing people in the "main" zones. If things get out of hand, I'll disable the PvP again.

I'll be looking into customized death messages more if things work out.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2011, 03:15:18 AM »
Why u so migrate :(
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2011, 11:58:28 AM »
I have gone ahead and enabled PvP on the server due to many requests. This is more of a trial run, than anything.

Since people are migrating to the Anarchy Land, I ask that the PvP only be done there. There is plenty of space to cause mayhem with "no rules", etc. Just don't be a douche and start killing people in the "main" zones. If things get out of hand, I'll disable the PvP again.

I'll be looking into customized death messages more if things work out.
YAY!
We should also build up the full borders of the Anarchy Land just in case. In the meantime I'm putting up EPFort Mk2 even further out, so that's where my share of cobble is going. Can't pitch in.

Also, someone build a Nether portal to Anarchy Land. That'll be the cue to start building rails that use the Nether as an access route due to 8x faster speeds. (Though building will be 400x as dangerous as underground)

Customised death messages? Oh yeah! I think my post 4 pages back is a good starting point.

Why u so migrate :(
Town's a good place to start, but caves are emptied for what they're worth, shrooms overran the place once, and bad neighbour issues plus crowding are starting to come about.
Bad command or file name

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »
What is this Anarchy Land?

On the other note, me and Strafe finished first area of the bathouse. I will probably be on on saturday, so i will finish it on Sat.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
What is this Anarchy Land?

On the other note, me and Strafe finished first area of the bathouse. I will probably be on on saturday, so i will finish it on Sat.
Anarchy Land is the northern continent beyond the old spawn and the WIP SDM. It is a walled-off part where there will be 'no rules'.

BTW I wonder why you're still on 10.5.7. Unless it was a PPC Mac, and in that case it'd be understandable....
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »
Logblock now enabled! Right click a block with a wooden pickaxe to view any edits to it (obviously, it won't be able to see any changes before it was implemented).

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »
Logblock now enabled! Right click a block with a wooden pickaxe to view any edits to it (obviously, it won't be able to see any changes before it was implemented).
I'm going to guess this is op-only.
Probably isn't though, given DDR allowed MotK users /bb here and /bb log (oddly not /bb stick).

Is there a /bb log equivalent? RMBing a block with pickaxe seems to imply that the block was there when you're examining it, but what about for those where there is no more block? ...that's what I'm getting out of this description.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »
If you want to examine a destroyed space you just need to put any block there and click on that.

It should be working for everyone, lemme know if it isn't.

It's possible to change the item you use for checking the history, let me know if you have any preferences.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:38:23 PM by Stuffman »

« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2011, 11:37:07 PM »
If you want to examine a destroyed space you just need to put any block there and click on that.

It should be working for everyone, lemme know if it isn't.

It's possible to change the item you use for checking the history, let me know if you have any preferences.
/bb log was handy because its tool was a special block of wood. Left click would tell you the history of a block. Right click would place the wood block (and then remove it) to give you the history of the space. Pretty much the same thing we have now, except for having to place and remove blocks while investigating. This leaves the "fingerprints" of the investigator, and could get a bit messy when reading the report.

Logblock works for me just fine. If we could use a block to mimic the effects of /bb log, then it'd be even better! If not, the current setup is okay.

EDIT - Also, BB had an issue with its records getting wiped whenever Minecraft had an update. I'm not sure if that was due to improper record-keeping, or just a flaw with a program itself. Something that we'll need to keep in mind whenever we get the next update.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:48:48 PM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2011, 09:31:12 AM »
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

The Tank Girl's Dream: Evil Eye Sigma

I don't want to see another damn sheep for a long time.  :V

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2011, 09:45:36 AM »
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

The Tank Girl's Dream: Evil Eye Sigma