Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 289279 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2011, 01:52:37 AM »
Go down into my diamond mine and walk to the far end.
You'll never be near civilisation again.
I already know of a place that is nowhere close to civilization, and I'd definitely go and make another location far from even that.
* EP cues another expedition of his own after the first one seems imminent to flop amid development
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2011, 03:56:01 AM »
That'll never happen from me (reason: too common - and it's the other definitive CS map along with dust, consequently. Overplayed!):
If anything office is underplayed

Damn good map
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2011, 08:50:15 AM »
So me and rizock have marked off the continent towards the north for ANARCHY LAND.

We have built a border around the south, along with watchtowers on the outside. Prepare for screenshots.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
Well then. I'm just going to get some supplies to build a town and go exploring south.
From there I'll build a Kaguya Lunarian and establish MOONSIDE.

yeeeaaaaahhhh~

E: This is where I'm putting Moonside
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:57:09 AM by Biohazurd »

« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2011, 09:50:55 AM »
So me and rizock have marked off the continent towards the north for ANARCHY LAND.

We have built a border around the south, along with watchtowers on the outside. Prepare for screenshots.
Perhaps taking the entire continent might be a bit much. I got out to explore it, and it is quite large.  Ehh, go for it  :V

Also, Skye already established a construction site for the SDM not far from where you began laying your southern border.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:45:29 AM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2011, 10:53:22 AM »
If anything office is underplayed

Damn good map
Agreed on the 'damn good map' part. I still find it overplayed though, but not nearly as much as dust or dust2.

Neatly done. Though some of us are trying to develop north as well, so....

Well then. I'm just going to get some supplies to build a town and go exploring south.
From there I'll build a Kaguya Lunarian and establish MOONSIDE.

yeeeaaaaahhhh~
Ehe, are you Monotoli? Plus remember that everything has to be reversed!
Already started moving northwest, albeit via Nether.

Perhaps taking the entire continent might be a bit much. I got out to explore it, and it is quite large.  Ehh, go for it  :V

Also, Skye already established a construction site for the SDM not far from where you began laying your southern border.
Go for the entire continent. :V Supporting Anarchy Land here...make room for me if I do arrive!
Though you may want to put walls on the narrow land bits to allow for easier definition of the area.

As for nearby construction, hm...the continent seems to be too close. I'd take the northern half of it or even go somewhere very far off through Nether, but whatever goes....
Bad command or file name

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »
But do not put shrooms in my lighthouse please, whoever it was. It does not look right when they spread all over the place and are on every free square. And it is not exactly abandoned... yet.
If you or anyone you know exhibits signs of Mushroom Madness, please consult your nearest health care provider.

I'm not sure who started this, but many houses needed to be cleaned out.  From what I could find, Stuffman's house and Sunny's castle had the biggest spread of infection. Luckily, I treated my own early.

7+ stacks of tainted mushrooms were found and disposed of in the community lava fountain. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2011, 01:52:55 PM »
GAH! Another inventory wipe in the Nether at least 1100 blocks from base! :-:
Damn falling....

(though thanks for the items Artemis! Makes the recovery phase a lot less painful)

Seems the caves are getting heavily affected by the mushroom pandemic. As a precaution (and to reduce conflicts over who mined what in others' areas) I suggest sealing off your portions of the caves. I've already started to do so with a triple cobble layer on all openings, mostly as a defensive measure but also as a quarantine against the massive spread.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:23:34 PM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »
I've never been on a map with so many freaking brown shrooms in my life.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
Considering their locations at times, someone has to be placing them around.
There was mushrooms in both the surface floors of my house wtf
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »
They seem to also be failing to maintain their mushroom farms and caves where they found them.

Do we have to start quaranting the area?
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »
What area? As I understand it, there's several mushroom infestations in different places of the map.
Like I said, There was mushrooms growing on both floors of my house, and they can't have come from my farm, it is several layers underground and walled off. And then there was mushrooms in Cadrin's lighthouse, which is p far from my place. Then the areas you're mentioning.

Dude, someone's spreading these around
                                                                                   .

« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2011, 08:36:55 PM »
What area? As I understand it, there's several mushroom infestations in different places of the map.
Like I said, There was mushrooms growing on both floors of my house, and they can't have come from my farm, it is several layers underground and walled off. And then there was mushrooms in Cadrin's lighthouse, which is p far from my place. Then the areas you're mentioning.

Dude, someone's spreading these around
I completely agree. It seems that someone had a little fun, and it got out of hand where it went unchecked.

Based on what I found while cleaning out the village, someone placed 1-2 mushrooms in every area that the infection couldn't spread itself. My office had one on each floor. Stuffman's house had mushrooms on every floor, as well as his small balconies. Sunny's castle had it worse: Nearly every bit of the castle interior was covered. Someone even went as far as to place them on every tower roof, but they couldn't grow in the direct sunlight.
People who used LWC protection on their doors most likely didn't have an infection. They never got their "starter mushrooms"

Regarding the tunnels - The mushrooms will continue to spread down there since nobody is ever picking those. I suggest that we try to keep those a little more in control, so the entire cave system isn't overrun. This way, we won't have to seal off the caves entirely. If you do want to seal off the caves anyway, leave a door or a hatch so that people can access it. The mushrooms still won't be able to pass that barrier.

I don't want to completely eradicate the mushrooms from the server. Since they're so plentiful now, I use mushroom stew as my primary food. No more bothering with pigs!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2011, 08:38:25 PM »
Indeed, there's a lot of mushrooms infesting the area (primarily the village).

My farm is defninitely not the culprit, as it was designed to prevent unwanted spread. Plus I checked my (walled-off) areas of the cave, and no spread there (or it was taken out).

Cue the Koishiville Mushroom Trials! :V :colonveeplusalpha:
...or rather, a move out before things get worse.

People who used LWC protection on their doors most likely didn't have an infection. They never got their "starter mushrooms"
Today's lesson: LWC protect your doors!

Regarding the tunnels - The mushrooms will continue to spread down there since nobody is ever picking those. I suggest that we try to keep those a little more in control, so the entire cave system isn't overrun. This way, we won't have to seal off the caves entirely. If you do want to seal off the caves anyway, leave a door or a hatch so that people can access it. The mushrooms still won't be able to pass that barrier.
Will do.

I don't want to completely eradicate the mushrooms from the server. Since they're so plentiful now, I use mushroom stew as my primary food. No more bothering with pigs!
Or wheat ~ oh wait, sheep. Well, stew is arguably the most useful food anyways.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »
If I find out who placed those mushrooms, they're getting banned. I consider this griefing. I am really disappointed that one of you guys decided to hassle the rest of us like this.

I'll try to get Big Brother installed at my nearest convenience.

Lunaca

• NOT a "Main Character"
  • I SHALL NEVER ACCEPT IT!!!
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
mushroom infested world sounds interesting i wonder if i should try out
The "Bystander" of #dots-meido with a curious lack of "meido"

« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2011, 08:55:08 PM »
If I find out who placed those mushrooms, they're getting banned. I consider this griefing. I am really disappointed that one of you guys decided to hassle the rest of us like this.

I'll try to get Big Brother installed at my nearest convenience.
Eh, this was rather tame as far as griefing attacks go. I don't think that person should be banned unless it happens again. However, setting BigBrother up will help us if needed.
Also, this is going to sound weird, but I got the idea to take the Mushroom Madness picture after I had cleaned out the village. So, I uh... infested Stuffman's living room again solely so I could take the picture for my previous post. I cleaned out the mushrooms again afterward. DON'T BAN ME BRO  :ohdear:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »
Today's lesson: LWC protect your doors!
Nah, I still prefer to go with the "don't be a dick and ruin the fun for others" mentality.

My door remains unlocked, everyone's still free to use my farms, even the mushroom ones, just be a good sport about it.
                                                                                   .

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2011, 11:36:03 PM »
I can't really LWC my place off anyway. My first tower has kinda turned into a free soup dispenser for some reason, but then I didn't build that with my own resources, so I guess its acceptable.

My new tower was ALLLMOST all my work, but then I ended up grabbing some resources from Dr.Strafe as I ran out of sandstone and stuff is a pain in the arse to make. Not as much as bricks, given, but still a pain in the arse.

Another note on shrooms - they grow through walls. So check behind things. I grew shrooms in my tower then found they were growing outside of it, and they definately weren't placed that way, I'm sure they grew through the walls.

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2011, 11:44:03 PM »
I get the feeling that this mushroom overflow was my fault. I'm pretty sure I put one down somewhere, (the forest I think) although I was planning on coming back the next day to get them, because I wasn't planning on not playing minecraft all week. So, if it was me, I'm sorry, and I'll try and help you guys clean it up. I had no idea mushrooms would spread that quickly though. :ohdear:

On the bright side we get a ton of soup?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2011, 11:59:49 PM »
There's a fuckton of mushrooms in the forest last I checked yeah, but I don't see how that connects to the random isolated areas that got mushroom'd.

Another note on shrooms - they grow through walls. So check behind things. I grew shrooms in my tower then found they were growing outside of it, and they definately weren't placed that way, I'm sure they grew through the walls.
My mushroom farms are under the lake, some 10 layers down, and there was mushrooms scattered inside my house on the surface. And there were no shrooms outside either. I'll still grip to the someone did it hypothesis, because it sure looks like it
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2011, 12:00:54 AM »
I get the feeling that this mushroom overflow was my fault. I'm pretty sure I put one down somewhere, (the forest I think) although I was planning on coming back the next day to get them, because I wasn't planning on not playing minecraft all week. So, if it was me, I'm sorry, and I'll try and help you guys clean it up. I had no idea mushrooms would spread that quickly though. :ohdear:

Penalty: Jes is banned from committing science experiments for a week. :V

They do spread a lot more quickly than they used to, though...Notch-ism at work?

I'm not so sure if you're to blame for the shrooms inside houses, though.

CRAP. Now my barricade is useless against those underground!
Bad command or file name

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2011, 12:15:46 AM »
Penalty: Jes is banned from committing science experiments for a week. :V
;_;

Alright, I did get all the ones in the forest, where I did place place that one originally. But it didn't seem all that large. I mean, it was pretty big, but... it wasn't even near the village. I'm actually starting to think it actually wasn't me.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2011, 12:24:33 AM »
I'm actually starting to think it actually wasn't me.
Not sure who it is either, nor do I have any leads on the 'mushrooms infesting houses' bit (partly due to mine not being affected). I was only aware of the caves ones, and that can be attributed to miner negligence.
Bad command or file name

Lunaca

• NOT a "Main Character"
  • I SHALL NEVER ACCEPT IT!!!
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2011, 04:44:17 AM »
If I can set this up I could lend some janitorial services
The "Bystander" of #dots-meido with a curious lack of "meido"

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2011, 05:02:15 AM »
So we are being mass murdered by mushrooms now? My mushrooms are only in the Nether.

« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2011, 07:46:25 AM »

No, the mushrooms taking over wasn't your fault. Don't worry. The mushrooms were deliberately seeded inside of people's homes and just grew from there.

That sucks. I wasn't aware that the mushrooms were that persistent.

Picture time!

Natural pictures taken, me and rizock did minimal alteration to the terrain while exploring.
Yeah, I did a fair amount of exploring of the continent also. There are some really cool sites out there. Tons of snowfields too.

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2011, 10:24:06 AM »
A mushroom attack?? I had a few in my church the other day but I quickly grabbed them..

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
So we are being mass murdered by mushrooms now? My mushrooms are only in the Nether.
Not too helpful - the Nether base mushroom farm overgrows every now and then! So infestation is still in progress!

Picture time!

Natural pictures taken, me and rizock did minimal alteration to the terrain while exploring.
I like what's in store up in Anarchy Land. At least it's far from the mushroom infestation! (caves aside but those are expected)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:27:55 AM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name