Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 288620 times)

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »
Dying isn't a big deal unless you're somewhere where you won't easily be able to go retrieve your stuff - which certainly isn't the case in town.
On that note, can we make /back available to everyone? It is quite handy if you die while adventuring far from base.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2011, 11:15:20 AM »
You guys ever think to throw in "Careful Creeper" or something else close? Basically a mod that dumbs down *or rids* creeper damage to buildings and terrain but still do damage to the players.. I'm a bit worried when walking in town.. I don't wanna blow things up.. I still want to die by them but.. Not while taking out some pretty house too....
Um...creepers are a lot of hurt but represent quite a bit of the challenge of the game if we limit ourselves to main world. The only sane reason to put this mod is if super-creepers ended up pulling nuclear explosions that affected at least a 50-100-block radius area.

If they're common in town - cue more lighting. We're repeating Rukinville at the current time - no budget for half-decent lighting thanks to many massive projects at once.

Spiders.
Tough but not nearly as punishing as the creeper.

On that note, can we make /back available to everyone? It is quite handy if you die while adventuring far from base.
Seconding that.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2011, 11:31:06 AM »

I dunno...then there would really be no penalty for dying at all.

But I confess that I have used it once or twice myself :ohdear:

« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2011, 11:48:10 AM »
I dunno...then there would really be no penalty for dying at all.

But I confess that I have used it once or twice myself :ohdear:
I'll be honest. I use /back quite a bit. I guess I got spoiled on it back in the other server.. It just strikes me as odd that it is restricted to OPs. I mean, it's not game-breaking to the point of /god or /item. I agree that it removes the penalty of dying. But then again, we're all at risk of losing our items by falling into lava. :V

Sure, this command can be abused. There will be the people that will go suicide just to get a health refresh, effectively eliminating the use of armor. Not to mention that you could use /home to make quick drop-offs at your base and /back to continue the adventure..

I guess I'm just trying to make things fair for everyone.. If that means that I have to stop using it...  :ohdear:  I'll manage.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2011, 12:04:55 PM »
I'll remove /back from our permissions to keep it honest D:

« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2011, 12:20:19 PM »
Hitting a sheep with a loaf of bread? Sounds like some kind of Monty Python gag

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »
And now the server is 97.5% vanilla. (+0.3% from removal of /back, -0.8% with the sheep-feeding plugin and slimeball/cocoa giveaway) </random_statistic>

I never used it that often in DDR's server, and most of the time when I died I either lost my items to lava/fire or died close enough to spawn / bed / /home area that I was able to get most of them back. So it isn't a big loss for me.

Bad command or file name

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2011, 12:48:47 PM »
In other news. My 104 piston harvester is open to use.
Yay, bamboo forest, go!

I don't think we should change anything with the server. No adding /back as a command that is usable to everyone, no nullifying of creepers' explosions. It's slightly more challenging - and, in turn, a little bit more fun - to me that way.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
I don't think we should change anything with the server. No adding /back as a command that is usable to everyone, no nullifying of creepers' explosions. It's slightly more challenging - and, in turn, a little bit more fun - to me that way.
If anything we should make it even more challenging. :smug:
Catch is that we'll have to wait until the modding API is out so we can add it in (examples: nuclear creepers with a 10-second fuse, uranium (plus the ability to craft Utsuho's Third Leg >:D), sunflowers, ultra-rare USC Yuuka mob, craftable spellcards, etc.)

...well, for 1.8 making the server have hardcore-mode rules for food would work too (if it's not part of the standard game then). Just make it a weekly chore and we're good there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:49:42 PM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »
Well, that certainly backfired..  :ohdear:

So PX mentions that he wants to have a separate section of the server dedicated to "anarchy". I imagine it would be a home for PvP and tons of TNT madness. I'm not against this, but splitting the server in half seems like a bit much. :V

I am planning on building a Battle Arena somewhere in the world for PvP (among other things), but it seems that some users want a little more. What do you guys think?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2011, 11:20:01 PM »
You guys are only building in one town. Only Stuffman and I are building elsewhere. Seriously, I'm just asking for a 2000 meter wall of obsidian to cut off and mark an anarchy area.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2011, 11:22:33 PM »
You guys are only building in one town. Only Stuffman and I are building elsewhere. Seriously, I'm just asking for a 2000 meter wall of obsidian to cut off and mark an anarchy area.

No need for a physical border; pick any big island you want off the livefeed map and that will become your No Man's Land.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2011, 12:30:13 AM »
So PX mentions that he wants to have a separate section of the server dedicated to "anarchy". I imagine it would be a home for PvP and tons of TNT madness. I'm not against this, but splitting the server in half seems like a bit much. :V
It'd be for burning forests and plenty of traps. :V
Feel free to, but I'd just use Stuffman's suggestion.

Well, Eraiya and I are also building elsewhere (former in northwest, myself in southeast). For me, town's too crowded.
2000m obsidian would be hard to do even with my super obsidian vein. And I highly doubt the ops will give that for free.

I am planning on building a Battle Arena somewhere in the world for PvP (among other things), but it seems that some users want a little more. What do you guys think?
Define more and we may be able to consider something.
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2011, 12:31:52 AM »
No need for a physical border; pick any big island you want off the livefeed map and that will become your No Man's Land.
Preferrably very very far away :s

Also I've put down like 400 torches on the village the other day, but that only covered one half. Someone plz do the other(mountain, north, etc)
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2011, 03:55:54 AM »
Preferrably very very far away :s
Explorer Bio is officially back.

« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2011, 08:22:29 PM »
Someone decided creeper tango was a good idea next to the spawn point.
I fixed it up for yas.

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »

Yeah just pick an island.

And PX you need to create some sprites  :D

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2011, 05:14:27 AM »
So I log in and find myself on the second floor of my house wait I don't remember being here when I last logged off
* Haku goes down the stairs

:o

Oh god you guys are so awesome

Who left the chest in the middle?

ahahahaha this is just great
you people are lovely :3

Thanks, EP, Doc, and mysterious third person~
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2011, 05:45:37 AM »
AAAAAHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

So I haven't been on in like two days, so I needed to pop on. I had a cave that I found with a billion mushrroms, and diamond and gold and everything in it that I was going to mine up. And someone took it all. There were two blocks of redstone left and that's it. (besides the mushrooms) Looks like my cave led to the cave ep has with the obsidian. (BSoD now glares at ep >_>)

Looks like I'll have to find yet another cave. Darn it.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2011, 05:55:43 AM »
Oh god you guys are so awesome

Who left the chest in the middle?

ahahahaha this is just great
you people are lovely :3

Thanks, EP, Doc, and mysterious third person~
You're welcome there ~
Feel free to take the chest and sign as well if you haven't already.

AAAAAHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

So I haven't been on in like two days, so I needed to pop on. I had a cave that I found with a billion mushrroms, and diamond and gold and everything in it that I was going to mine up. And someone took it all. There were two blocks of redstone left and that's it. (besides the mushrooms) Looks like my cave led to the cave ep has with the obsidian. (BSoD now glares at ep >_>)

Looks like I'll have to find yet another cave. Darn it.
I found this out a few days back when my cave expeditions ended up at Dino's house and Cadrin's mob grinder. Since then I've moved far off - communal caves are indeed massive, but are quickly losing value.

As for that obsidian, I am considering sealing it off from the cave end. Even though there's a treasure trove of it there, I really don't want to return to see most of it gone and taken in my leave!
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2011, 06:01:15 AM »
I found this out a few days back when my cave expeditions ended up at Dino's house and Cadrin's mob grinder. Since then I've moved far off - communal caves are indeed massive, but are quickly losing value.

As for that obsidian, I am considering sealing it off from the cave end. Even though there's a treasure trove of it there, I really don't want to return to see most of it gone and taken in my leave!
That wasn't me. I haven't grabbed any of that obsidian, if you meant that some of it has been taken already. I didn't even know the cave area wrapped around to your area, I never reached that part. Until I came down and saw what happened, I noticed that there was an entrance now. I'm just gonna make another cave dig somewhere else, and possibly seal off my cave system now, there isn't much there anymore, if anything, since I've dug through seemingly endless amounts of it.
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2011, 06:06:08 AM »
That wasn't me. I haven't grabbed any of that obsidian, if you meant that some of it has been taken already. I didn't even know the cave area wrapped around to your area, I never reached that part. Until I came down and saw what happened, I noticed that there was an entrance now. I'm just gonna make another cave dig somewhere else, and possibly seal off my cave system now, there isn't much there anymore, if anything, since I've dug through seemingly endless amounts of it.
You're better off just heading off and establishing your own camp far (1000+ blocks) away. Let your old system be a part of the expansive communal cave network - most of its value has plummeted anyway.

EDIT - It seems PX is building Ultimate Sky Mob Grinder 2 going by livefeed. This is getting crazy! Off to exploration rather than mega-structures for me!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:18:54 AM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2011, 06:24:18 AM »
Here's a good rule of thumb for mining etiquette: If you didn't torch it, don't mine it. That means if there's already torches there, don't dig out any minerals you find, because whoever torched it is coming back for them later.

This doesn't mean that if you torch the entrance you get the whole cave, though. Anything that's dark is up for grabs!

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2011, 07:19:59 AM »
Here's a good rule of thumb for mining etiquette: If you didn't torch it, don't mine it. That means if there's already torches there, don't dig out any minerals you find, because whoever torched it is coming back for them later.

This doesn't mean that if you torch the entrance you get the whole cave, though. Anything that's dark is up for grabs!
I had pretty much the whole thing lit btw. >_> Except for the area that I couldn't get to yet because of lava, which ended up just wrapping around to ep's. Well, I got 13 iron and some redstone out of it, so it wasn't a complete waste.
TF2 Backpack

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2011, 10:50:01 AM »
The Church of Mokou is now accepting wooden items. (half block, stairs, logs, planks, signs and a bit of fence)

This will be used to decorate and bench the main area. Doors and floor are now done and a smidg of the wall is done.. just gotta build it up and pick out where windows go.

Stone blocks can help with the interior walls.. Planks are for the exterior.

Also I finally got my own area/home building.. It's hidden.. Not sure if anyone has found it.

« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »
I just wanted to check in and let you guys know some new things I discovered.

-Wool regrowth works for black sheep

-If you dye a white sheep into another natural color (gray, light gray, black, or brown), the wool regrowth will retain these colors!!

-You can trick LWC protections into protecting things that you normally couldn't. Let's say, you want to protect a cake. First, place a chest and protect it with /cprivate. Then destroy the chest and put the cake in its place. The LWC protection will remain on the block, and the cake is now protected by /cprivate!

-The LWC trick also works with levers and buttons.  :3

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2011, 12:48:38 PM »

While very reasonable, there is a problem with that rule: you quickly forget which caverns you have lit up yourself, and which you haven't. Sometimes, anyway. Oh well. I have made all of my chest in my petit warehouse public. The warehouse itself is just a little bit hard to find and I don't mind people taking my things, including the almost 30 diamonds. Most of it probably belonged to someone else, anyway.

Eraiya

« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2011, 04:26:07 PM »

I have a few I made myself that could possibly be added to the server through MCEdit or another plugin, if anyone's interested!

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2011, 11:51:09 AM »
I have a few I made myself that could possibly be added to the server through MCEdit or another plugin, if anyone's interested!
stop self advertising eraiya :3
and who needs edit when you have time and blocks.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »
I like how you guys and girls setup the entire motk server. Good idea of using whitelist, helps keeping the overview.

I want to see some ingame screenshots or a small tour? =3