Author Topic: What non-anime stuff are you watching?  (Read 5805 times)

What non-anime stuff are you watching?
« on: June 25, 2011, 06:09:55 PM »
Because there's cartoons made in other parts of the world too worth watching :V

I've decided to start rewatching Beast Wars because I never actually finished it the first time around and it's something I've had on my "must-see" list on for a while now.

As for the rest of you?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: What non-anime stuff are you watching?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 06:13:24 PM »
My girlfriend convinced me to start watching Arrested Development. We're halfway through Season 1.

Before then, I was all over Mad Men. Marathoned all four seasons in two weeks, loved every minute.

EDIT: Oh, cartoons? Erm, none, really. Just anime. Sorry for not reading the OP carefully.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:18:38 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

The Unlimited RR

• Last Showdown RR&D
    • Photobuckitz
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »
Started Watching Voltron Force.  It's not too bad, and actually has some nice redesigns of the lions.  My real big gripe with this series are the new kids.  They're just annoying, and not really relatable to me.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:43:21 PM »
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  :derp:

But of course, that's a given.  :V
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »
My friend got me into Doctor Who recently, I'm in the middle of season 5. I'm pretty much loving this show. As far as cartoons go... Actually I don't really watch any cartoons that aren't anime, though I do catch the occasional Adventure Time if it happens to be on. I used to enjoy watching MLP, but to be honest it got pretty boring after a while.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:17:45 PM by Nyyl »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 07:17:27 PM »
Um... Well, the most recent cartoon I've watched was, uh, that new Avengers cartoon, I guess.  Which I heartily recommend, as it is awesome and if the second series ends up improving on the first, it will probably end up on par with the Justice League cartoon.  Which was awesome.  So, uh, yeah.

...I mean come on, it makes Ant Man seems cool!  Ant Man!  And that is an acheivement in itself!

...Although now that I think about it, I haven't really been watching that many recent western cartoons as of late.  Mostly because none of them seem all that appealing really.  Mostly I've been watching old superhero cartoons, like, uh, the old 90s Batman show.  And looking back on it, I'm surprised they were able to get away with half the stuff they did.  Seriously, it's pretty dark stuff for a "kids show", which... Makes it all the better, really.  Seeing how it spawned two of my favourite female comicbook characters (as well as made Mr. Freeze awesome), it might just be nostalgia talking here, but it's seriously one of the best cartoons ever made in my eyes.  Of course, the 90s was pretty much a rennaisance of sorts for superhero cartoons (what with Batman, Superman, X-Men and Spider-man and all), so... Yeah.

God I am such a nerd no-one else probably cares about superhero cartoons (or superheroes in general) gaaah.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Drake

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 08:30:48 PM »
Phineas and Ferb for best.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 09:05:54 PM »
I catch a few episodes of The Voice every now and then, but that's about it.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »
Watching some Korean Variety Shows: 1 night 2 days and Running Man, pretty good except running man is dying, good start, but declined

The Unlimited RR

• Last Showdown RR&D
    • Photobuckitz
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
*Lots of le-stuff*
I'll drink heartily to this!  The Avengers Cartoon really has its work done from what episodes I have seen.  Also, the 90's cartoons that were awesome back then are still awesome now!

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 01:44:07 PM »
If anyone hasn't seen "Adventure Time" yet, then you've got to. Its all uploaded to youtube anyway. Its a kids cartoon with the most warped view I've seen yet. Jokes from adult perspectives, questionable levels of voilence occasionally, and the sarcy sidekick, references to an apocalypse, but it isn't as dark as that'd make it seem, its actually all fluffy, but not MLP fluffy.

Basicly, its perfect.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 02:02:34 PM »
been watching old Disney films lately, I feel like a kid again (:

as for non-cartoon stuff I'm just watching The Wire and Geordie Shore.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 02:13:38 PM »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 01:14:24 PM »
Working through Star Trek DS9 for the first time.  Just started Season 3  :V

Zakenna

• fomer Internet tough guy
  • Ahh After 10,000 years I'm free!
    • polyvinylcrush
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 05:13:08 PM »
Working through Star Trek DS9 for the first time.  Just started Season 3  :V
ahh DS9 it only gets better as the seasons go on.

for non-anime stuff I've been watching. I've been really into MLP:FiM the past couple months sure I finished everything in like a week but I keep tossing up an episode or two every couple of days. Game of Thrones just finished on HBO so that's pretty recent and Season 5 of Burn Notice just started last week.

As for Cartoons, I'm working my way through Samurai Jack atm. I only watched episodes here and there as it was airing I never really followed it.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »
If anyone hasn't seen "Adventure Time" yet, then you've got to. Its all uploaded to youtube anyway. Its a kids cartoon with the most warped view I've seen yet. Jokes from adult perspectives, questionable levels of voilence occasionally, and the sarcy sidekick, references to an apocalypse, but it isn't as dark as that'd make it seem, its actually all fluffy, but not MLP fluffy.

Basicly, its perfect.

I second this.

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
Game of Thrones just finished on HBO so that's pretty recent

I still need to watch the last 3 episodes - how good was the ending? I think that's why I've struggled to sit and watch it on time each week, I've read up to book 4 so I know what happens.

Zakenna

• fomer Internet tough guy
  • Ahh After 10,000 years I'm free!
    • polyvinylcrush
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 05:57:07 PM »
I still need to watch the last 3 episodes - how good was the ending? I think that's why I've struggled to sit and watch it on time each week, I've read up to book 4 so I know what happens.
I thought it was good, I haven't read the books so I have no idea how close it is. My friends and I just bought the collection in paperback and we're gonna pass them around.
I just have to wait my turn to get started

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »
I thought it was good, I haven't read the books so I have no idea how close it is. My friends and I just bought the collection in paperback and we're gonna pass them around.
I just have to wait my turn to get started

I know they changed a few things around in the early episodes, mostly with Danaerys but I've no idea about what they did later on and my friends weren't really helpful when I asked them about it :/ filming for s2 starts next month \o/

I hope you don't have to wait long! the books are really... intense. it's so easy to get sucked in and speed through them - I read the first 3 books in just under 3 weeks haaaaaa. I want to read the fourth one before the next book comes out too.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »
non-anime?

Oh, I been watching Kamen Rider for years, it technically is a kid's show but somehow I haven't gotten over it and I still love the franchise.

currently binging on entire season of Den-O mind you, and the movies, god I love Den-O
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
Oh, I been watching Kamen Rider for years, it technically is a kid's show but somehow I haven't gotten over it and I still love the franchise.
The only season I've watched in its entirety is Double, which utterly blew me away in terms of how good it was. I tried to watch Kabuto, but sorta got sidetracked and forgot about it

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »
I probably should pick up Kamen Rider some time.  :derp:

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 05:17:08 PM »
The only season I've watched in its entirety is Double, which utterly blew me away in terms of how good it was. I tried to watch Kabuto, but sorta got sidetracked and forgot about it

Double is good, but the ending is somewhat inconclusive consider how Utopia played no role until the end of the show and it merely was another tactic to tell you OOOz will be the new hero next year.
to be fair it has a lot more potential than how it ended, the final fight should have been Skull vs Hidari if only because they can mindfuck everyone. Heck, when did Utopia even get in the picture consider how absurd his ability is (and technically useless)

Kabuto? don't get me started, it is a fun show, all that speeding up and slow motion shit was ahead of Michael Fucking Bay by the shittons. I just have one question: so who wasn't a bug again? Oh wait, let's ask Tendou. God Speed Love was the biggest trainwreck ever. (pretty fucking cool soundtrack tho, much better than Agito)  ((I also admit I am so GAY for Tendou's actor, god he is hawt))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:19:07 PM by ♛ Nature »
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 10:27:11 PM »
just watched the Klitschko vs Haye fight! it's been a while since I've watched any boxing, but this was a great fight to come back to. it was exciting and tense in places but the winner deserved it.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 03:15:08 AM »
is Manny still owning everyone except a clone of himself?