Author Topic: Visionary Fairies in Shrine latest chapter discussion  (Read 45188 times)

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
Re: Visionary Fairies in Shrine latest chapter discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 12:21:37 AM »
I also feel this is
Spoiler:
the fate Eiki warned Cirno about during PoFV.  "Even nature itself may die."  Though why dead fairies would leave the same remains as dead evil spirits is weird.  As for Clownpiece being responsible, it's quite likely since she's the one with the link to hell and had been taught about life energy by Eternity.  But Narumi also is suspect because this is something she specifically brings up in HSiFS.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 12:37:45 AM »
Hm, there was an instance where the Shrine's cherry trees didn't bloom because the fairies that would normally be there left cuz they got scared off by Clownpiece ; and there was also a time where it was shown that there seems to be a compatibility kinda thing involved when it comes to fairies choosing their homes, such as Clownpiece not being able to pick plants in general or the temple being quite fairy unfriendly cuz attachment to life isn't the thing over there.

Considering all of that, regarding the latest chapter 12,
Spoiler:
while fairies getting crystallized seems to be an interesting possibility, personally, I find that rather bizarre : cherry stones are crystallized souls, as was mentionned in WaHH, and fairies are essentially lifeforce on two legs rather than ghosts or spirits : I find it pretty unlikely that they, whose beings are mainly lifeforce, would suddenly end up in the final state of spirits & ghosts, who aren't even alive to begin with. Besides, since the state of fairies and nature are intimately bound, it would make sense that nature itself would transform ALONG with the fairies, were they to get crystallized. Unless the following chapter introduces metaphysics that go along those lines, but that seems unlikely to me.

Spoiler:
Personally, my view is that this is something that might be related to the compatibility thingy : like, maybe the fairies had some issues with the cherry stones that were obviously placed near their homes, and them leaving those places is what lead to lifeforce waning in general, just like the case with the Hakurei shrine cherry trees not blooming.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2018, 01:56:44 AM »
Spoiler:
If fairies are alive, they probably have souls. And with their immortality becoming questionable (Narumi says she can destroy a fairy completely, and Cirno got warned twice about a fairy having more power than they can hold), if they die they might become those things. Maybe Piece used her torch to overcharge the fairies for some reason, and this made them perish or caused whatever Okina and Eiki were talking about to happen.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2019, 04:00:21 AM »
New chapter is up! You know where to find it.

Spoiler:
Press F to pay your respect to Luna Child (and eventually all other fairies)

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2019, 04:26:53 AM »
Spoiler:
Another offical manga is going into the final arc. Really hope, ZUN will announce the new one this year.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2019, 06:44:00 AM »
Spoiler:
2019 claims its first victim

rip (?) Luna, we hardly knew ye

Also guess who was off the mark, haha

Regarding the latest chapter (13),
Spoiler:
uh, I guess this sorta says there is some kind of relation between soul and lifeforce or something ?! Cuz I don't really get how else fairies, who are pretty much mainly lifeforce would end up into cherry stones, which are pretty much the final stage of souls, which are related with the afterlife. Pretty weird but ok I guess.

Going back to the Garden of the Sun obviously means more Eternity for next time, so I'm looking forward to see what's her take on this situation.

Spoiler:
Anyway, for those who think that the next game might have something to do with Hell, in case it turns out to be true, then this chapter would justify why you'd still have to go through stage fairies while in Hell : meaning, a convenient reason for ZUN to still keep the fairies as Hell stage mobs instead of making sprites for new ones. If the Hell game happens anyway.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Anyway, for those who think that the next game might have something to do with Hell, in case it turns out to be true, then this chapter would justify why you'd still have to go through stage fairies while in Hell : meaning, a convenient reason for ZUN to still keep the fairies as Hell stage mobs instead of making sprites for new ones. If the Hell game happens anyway.
Spoiler:
Fairies already exist in Hell, ZUN didn't need an excuse.

Spoiler:
Anyway, if Piece is realy turning fairies into stone cherries like it appears, i think Hecatia wants to use them in the next Hell war she mentioned some chapters ago. Maybe the other denizens of Hell are weak to life force coming from the surface because there is no nature in Hell.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2019, 09:10:11 AM »
Spoiler:
Fairies already exist in Hell, ZUN didn't need an excuse.
Oh yeah, somehow forgot that Piece came from down under and that there are the zombie cosplaying fairies. What I had in mind was the lack of fairies in the hellish part of Hell like in SA, where you get ghosts, orbs and ravens instead of seeing anymore fairies around stage 5 and 6. There was something that I had in mind but also slipped away as I wrote that.

If memory serves, Piece said something like Hell's environment being more related to the souls or something, hence her ability being more related to the mind.
Spoiler:
Hecatia planning to  bring the fairies who got turned into cherry stones would seem weird to me if the crystallised fairies and the fairies that you can already find in Hell could do the same thing. I'd assume the Hell ones are more oriented towards the soul and stuff while the surface ones got lifeforce with them. It wouldn't make too much sense to bring additional fairies that in Hell  for a specific purpose if the Hell fairies had the same abilities as the surface fairies and were able to do whatever the surface fairies might be able to do (ie : yada yada lifeforce).

Like, since the fairies are pretty much the embodiment of nature, it should make sense that the surface fairies who are more related to the lifeforce filled nature are more related to lifeforce and the Hell fairies who are in Hell more related to the mind and the soul, with the exemple of Clownpiece.

Maybe there's going to be some kind of "weaponization" of lifeforce in one way or another to give her an advantage in the power struggle that is taking place in Hell or something.  Maybe whatever Hecatia is planning to do is going to be a repeat of what they did in LoLK when they introduced Fairies on the Moon, except this time for Hell, for whatever reason.

Spoiler:
My previous point about the sprite usage is obviously wrong, but this is essentially the other thing that I sorta forgot to put aside from that ...
Spoiler:
Although to be fair, it has been a PRETTY long while since last ZUN introduced new sprites for the random mob enemies, and quite common now to find a way to put the fairies in  :V

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2019, 03:46:10 AM »
Spoiler:
Clownpiece looked like she was silencing Luna for "knowing too much".
Since we all know Piece works for Hecatia, who essentially rules over Hell...

Some kind of government conspiracy?

EDIT: Silly me! Forgot about spoilers!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:48:08 PM by Lt Colonel Summers »
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2019, 03:27:45 AM »
And we have a new chapter. You know where to go.

Spoiler:
Then, there was sunflowers. Then, it was the land of back-doors

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 03:31:45 AM »
Spoiler:
All right, new episode! I have some thoughts about it.
It seems like Cirno was the canonical winner against Okina in HSiFS? or so we, the readers, are led to believe in her words. Hmm...oh well, anyway!

Y'know, I'm surprised that the situation in this manga is more dire than that of WaHH, heavily more so. I didn't expected that the lifeforce's overflow from those fairies would cause those defense mechanisms to kick in and become stone cherries in the process. Although admittedly, I'm also curious how this works with other living beings as well, outside of fairies, hmm...

Hecatia taking an antagonistic role was something that I definitely expected, but I recall in some written works that she swore (or something) to protect or maintain Gensokyo's peace, AFiEU was the source of that, though it's been awhile since I've read that, but I'm sure it was something along those lines, so her doing this sort of thing seems kinda out-of-character for her, she is willing to put Gensokyo's situation in peril just for the sake of making a "new and better hell", according to her words.

Nice that Clownpiece came to believe in the fairies words and decided to join them, although they are going to have a difficult battle on the road ahead. Then again, the mangas don't make it clear when this is a danmaku match or an actual real match, it seems like only WaHH covered the later so far, not that I have seen this happening in the fairies mangas before so I doubt is going to be anything other than another danmaku match.

I wonder what (if they could) defeating Okina accomplish though? Logically speaking, if she were to command her servants to do those hectic dances in order to give those fairies lifeforce again, then, the same situation as 16 will happen again. How would you be able to restore those fairies to normal quickly without the self-defense mechanisms kicking in afterwards? Hmm...

More questions than answers indeed!

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2019, 07:32:57 AM »
Spoiler:
Okay, so turns out Clownpiece didn't silence Luna for "knowing too much".

Rather, they all went to a secret meeting in the Garden of the Sun to talk about the Stone Cherries...
AND THEN they went to the Land of the Back Doors to confront Okina...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2019, 07:36:16 AM »

Spoiler:
Okina is the one controlling those doors, so chance is she purposedly got the fairies there for whatever reason, maybe to protect them.

Also what's with all the fight cliffhangers lately.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2019, 09:11:04 AM »
Spoiler:
Hm, so, going by Hecatia and Clownpiece's words, the fairy crystallisation is probably something that is both out of their hand on one side, and an opportunity that can be used to further their agenda on the other. Reimu and Marisa can always be reliable when things get serious, but I still find it a bit weird that Hecatia'd go to them to consult and ask for permission instead of, you know, slightly more reliable VIPs with authority and power.

On the fairy side of things, Eternity prove once again how knowledgeable she is when it comes to lifeforce, and I'm more intersted in her encounter with Okina more than the other girls plus the two randos and- wait, is that Daiyousei ?!

Can't really make an educated guess about why Okina'd invite these uncouth guests into the land of the back doors, but considering the importance of fairies for the ecosystem, I'd assume her noticing the thing that happened to the fairies got her to supervise some of them. If the fairy crystallisation is indeed directly related to Okina's doing from HSiFS, she'd totally wash her hands of this and say that she doesn't have much control over this incident as well and it'll probably resolve over time or something ; and if the fairy crystallisation thing is actually the doings of someone, then her taking Eternity and friends is probably also some sort of security measure to preserve fairies (but if not, then probably just Okina proping fairies that are looking for her towards her direction to humour them or something)

I kinda doubt that Okina and the fairies confrontation is gonna be of much importance, so whether she trounces the fairies or pull off that incredible feat where you die in the tutorial stage, some explanation from our various-kind-of-energy experts is obviousl gonna be made. Always been curious about the proper relationship between Okina and Eternity, so I'm more interested in that than whatever intercation she's gonna have with the rest.

Also may I say that FLYING wheelchairs are ridiculous

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2019, 12:04:30 PM »
ZUN's on the record as saying that at least for HSiFS, all stories happened as shown.  Including Extra.

As for the rest...
Spoiler:
Okina herself inviting everyone in means that there's probably a reason beyond just fighting.  So I'm expecting Cirno and Piece to end up in the fashion of the three fairies vs. Yukari.  Eternity and the usual three seem like they're going to be much more relevant to how this actually gets resolved, since they're the ones that have been dealing with lifeforce.  I'm wondering where Lily is, since if this is a side effect to the seasons incident like the other fairies say, she'd definitely deserve to be in on this. 

Hecatia's plan seems to be even more sketchy to me, since Hell already must have fairies of some sort or Clownpiece wouldn't even be a thing.  That said, with this sort of mafia tactic, can Reimu and Marisa continue to refuse?
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2019, 12:58:07 PM »

Spoiler:
Hecatia's plan seems to be even more sketchy to me, since Hell already must have fairies of some sort or Clownpiece wouldn't even be a thing.  That said, with this sort of mafia tactic, can Reimu and Marisa continue to refuse?
Spoiler:
Hell does have fairies, just not the same kind Gensokyo has. IIRC it was said "nature" down there is related to souls and similar stuff rather than what people usually think when talking about nature. Hecatia said the whole point of what she is doing is introducing new stuff to Hell, which is in line with the mission Hecatia gave to Piece: meet life force and especially things you don't find in Hell.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2019, 02:24:55 AM »
So, huh, there wasn't a VFiS chapter in Comp Ace today according to Clarste. I wonder what happened.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2019, 07:39:22 AM »
Delayed to september because it's very long, and they didn't want to split it so it could be seen all at once since it's the last chapter.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:41:53 AM by PK »

Drake

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2019, 10:25:44 AM »
Rather, it was going to end in September anyway, but ZUN opted to have one really long final chapter as opposed to a two-parter so it can be read all at once. It'll be the longest chapter in all the Sangetsusei manga, apparently.

EDIT: oops i repeated you a bit

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2019, 04:15:56 PM »
Last chapter up, you know where.

To be honnest, I'm pretty satisfied with the ending.