Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 304950 times)

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #750 on: July 01, 2018, 08:52:04 AM »
Had a dream last night that I was watching anime and cartoons with my brother. Eventually a small clip of Narumi Yatadera throwing a fan at the screen showed up and I had to explain who Narumi was to my brother. I also mistook Okina's drum for an hourglass later on.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

« Reply #751 on: July 11, 2018, 01:46:15 PM »
One day I dream Aya and I were fighting against Suwako and Sanae (not in a danmaku battle though, it was more similar to the Touhou fighting games). It was a the Hakurei shrine, at night xD I had this dream during the time I was playing wayy too much Hisoutensoku - Aya was my main.

Also I once dreamt I was visiting the music shop in my town with a friend, then that friend told me "Oh my god ! Look at this shelf ! There's Touhou music here" . And indeed, there was a whole shelf full of Touhou doujin albums x) I screamed and ran towards the shelf, picked up an Alstroemeria Records CD and stared at it for a long time, almost crying of joy xD  Waking up was so sad after such a happy dream ;u;

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #752 on: August 01, 2018, 11:25:10 AM »
While it wasn't the main focus of my dream, there was a point where I was in the same room as Eternity Larva. Sombody was teaching another person how to use magic and tried to teach the guy how to destroy a car with his mind. He tried the magic but had to focus on the car. This caused him to accidently think of himself and cast the spell on himself. He turned into powder and I immediately started asking for help. I asked Larva but she said that she couldn't do anything and just sat there because of that. Eventually he was revived and turned into Koakuma.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

« Reply #753 on: August 15, 2018, 02:22:25 AM »
I remember it being just a few months after I figured out about Touhou.

I had a weird dream about being friends with a bunch of people I didn't know but there were four of them including me. They were dressed up as Kaguya, Marisa, and Reimu, but for some odd reason I wasn't dressed up as a character
I felt like a made a nice new group of friends but then I woke up.

I was pretty sad for the rest of the day

« Reply #754 on: August 25, 2018, 03:02:05 PM »
Just remembered some another dream I've had a while ago :

I was in my school at night - there was nobody but me and Komachi, and we were having a danmaku battle  :D In the middle of the fight, Komachi got too tired to keep fighting so she just said "I give up" and fell asleep..

« Reply #755 on: August 27, 2018, 05:02:21 AM »
So threads like this existed eh?
so here goes.

one day, about two years ago exactly. it was my freshman year at a boarding school.
i dreamed about walking down a rather silent forest path with a feeling of being watched,
and my paranoia was right, after a while i heard a rustle from the bushes behind me.
i turned around and i saw a glimpse of a rather small person before it hides itself behind a tree.
there's a little pause before i heard a growling sound, much as one's hungry stomach.
i carefully approached the spot i believed i saw the figure was. then i saw Chen, hiding behind that tree.
looking threatened, with her claws out as she was ready to strike me. i stepped back a little,
Chen was still staring at me, i kneeled down and i reached my pouch,
i took out one of my three lunches then i handed it to her, "are you hungry?" i said,
she looked at me with a face of disbelief and she moved back a little.
then a brief moment later, her stomach growls quite loudly, she then looked away with a red face.
i sat down and took out one of my lunch and said, "come, it's alright, i was also going to eat"
she then slowly walked towards me, i opened the leaf wrap for her then i opened mine.
she sat down and fidgetily took the share i gave her
she turned back and ate her share while i started to eat mine.

then i woke up
unfortunately.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #756 on: August 28, 2018, 07:51:59 PM »
This is from last night.
I found an english physical copy of AFiEU. At first glance it was very thick and i was super exceited about it, but when i opened it there was only a singe page inside, which looked like Kagerou's article but not really (in the dream i perceived it as the normal one though). It showed a picture of her sitting at a table like in the real one, but on the table and the surrounding shelves there were wedding cakes. I Couldn't read any of it.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #757 on: August 30, 2018, 12:56:58 AM »
Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana
The endless tries at beating that card...
Had a few dreams where I actually beat it but when I when I saw the card history turns out I didn't  :(

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #758 on: October 22, 2018, 01:21:29 AM »
Had a dream where I mumbled to myself about how we don't often see Ran anymore. Yukari then passed by me. I proceeded to mumble about how it may possibly be getting easier to protect Gensokyo. Didn't stop to talk to her - was probably too scared of her hearing me and taking offence.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #759 on: February 14, 2019, 11:09:36 AM »
Had a dream that I went back to high school. I believe Yukari and Byakuren were there. One of my old friends was back too and, for reasons I can't remember, wanted to fight Yukari. I made sure to keep myself near the 2 of them to make sure that things didn't get out of hand. Half an hour before we left was when the fight was meant to happen so I did my homework in the corridor next to the room (I had a free period before the end of school) and listened in to what was happening. It was clear that they weren't fighting. After about 25 minutes, I went into the room to see what was going on and it turned out that Yukari hadn't shown up.  My friend just had a nice chat with Byakuren and rhey did their homework. I went into Yukari's room before school ended and found that she had been sleeping. I told my friend and told him that there isn't enough time for a fight anymore. He left having a conversation with Yukari instead. Later I'd go to an amusement park and saw Mima having PTSD on the dodgems. 2 times she sprayed danmaku everywhere. The staff often made jokes about the pc-98 while we were there.

Had another dream that several Gensokyans had died trying to take sown a huge monster that had appeared in Gensokyo. Ran and Chen explained what had happened and showed me Yukari's severed torso as proof. They explained what had happened to her and that it turned out to be a run of bad luck for her.

Kasen's arm made an appearance in my dream. I remember details about her being explained but I don't remember them.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:01:58 AM by aListers »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #760 on: April 15, 2019, 11:37:27 AM »
I had a dream that I was good friends with Shinmyoumaru, Seija and Youmu. The 3 of us had been spending time with each other for about a week and it felt like a week. Unfortunately, my memories of what we did together are mostly gone. I remember specifically enjoying the time that the 3 of us spent together and little blotches of Seija being Seija. However, I remember almost none of Youmu. I'll admit that I've never met any of these people in any dream prior (albiet I've been having sleep problems in the last week as I've started going to the gym) yet it felt like I had been seeing them for ages. We were all good friends and at the time I had memories to prove it. The only bit I can remember is saying goodbye. At the time, there was no Seija and no Youmu. Shinmyoumaru was standing on a small end table and had packed for a journey. I gave a hint that I'd really miss the time we spent together and she pressed further. I directly told her that I loved the 3 of them as friends almost as much as I love Alice and that the time we had spent together was the most fun I'd had in years. At the end, Shinmyoumaru broke down in tears. We eventually had to leave each other though. I recall giving her a letter then we both said our goodbyes and parted ways. The unfortunate thing is that I meant every word I said and I just can't remember any of it. I don't even know if I'll ever see Shinmyoumaru again. I don't even remember any of Youmu.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:39:24 AM by aListers »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #761 on: May 21, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »
Had a dream where I went to a small house party that was hosted by Hecatia. At some point she brushed our faces with what looked like just water. She then got us all together and enthusiastically suggested we play a game. She had painted all our faces with nanobots which would explode if we reached 0 on 3 categories. One was weasel and I believe another was fox but I can't remember the last one. I complained and lost 2 points on weasel. She announced that we would be assassins and, when we've killed enough people, the nanobots would deactivate. I was somewhat annoyed at the situation but I knew Hecatia enough to know she isn't evil so I went along with it. I don't remember the first 2 I killed but I had a somewhat pleasant conversation with the last guy after I stabbed him twice. At the end I could feel myself bleeding from a stab wound and needed somthing to eat. I got the notification that I had assasinated the guy and then I woke up.

Had a dream that I played a touhou fan game. It wasn't just a touhou fan game though and it had many different franchises (don't know what the correct word is) in it. It was interesting and came from a discussion about hyper light drifter I had with the youtuber Mihari of Mabinogi. the dream drifted from that conversation into me just playing this game directly. I started playing the game and found so many options. A couple of them were just playing the game as a  touhou character. Unfortunately most of them were locked so I just began the game as Reimu. I played thriugh the tutorial and got to thw actual first level. Got killed by sombody from Kantai Collection and started yelling politically charged abuse. I still wanted to continue the game though. I had unlocked Yukari Yakumo after completing the tutorial (and I kept failing the tutorial) but decided to keep playing Reimu. As the tutorial didn't include a combat section I had to slowly figure out what I was doing through trial and error. Eventually it was a top down game with a wierd combat system. The platforming was fairly standard but the combat was odd. It consisted of running at other characters with your knife out at certain times. do it when they had a weapon out and you would be damaged too. There was also  a shield button that I didn't have time to figure out how to use. Eventually thr dream faded to real life and the end of the tutorial was presented to me in real life. I didn't recognise it at first but Sanae Kochiya was operating the life and insisted that this was really the place. I didn't get far before I woke up
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 11:16:14 AM by aListers »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #762 on: August 21, 2019, 09:43:40 AM »
Had a dream that Marisa had a bullet mailed to my mum's house. She had started collecting gunpowder from different unusual bullets and I had to extract the gunpowder from the bullet vefore I could give it to her. The bullet almost blew up in my hand but I managed to extract the gunpowder before my mum's boyfriend aggressively wiped the gunpowder away before I could store it in Marisa's box. We then had an argument about health and safety as well as historical preservation. I later met another guy who had done the same thing but Marisa had actually gone to meet him.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #763 on: October 09, 2019, 08:22:04 AM »
Just had a dream that I had infiltrated the CIA along with my friend, Alice and a Marisa cosplayer. I am unsure if Alice was a cosplayer or an AI. The CIA were tryiing to figure out who Spiderman was - with spiderman working for the CIA itself. Eventually they got close but Me and Marisa were there to protect him when things escalated. Marisa ended up in a gun fight with 2B from Nier automata while Alice cleared things up. I remember spending most of the time thinking that Alice was played well. Eventually we broke spiderman out of the place and we split up. I would later, after meeting in a chinese super market, find out my friend had fallen out with the Marisa cosplayer so it was unlikely I would see the Alice m player any time soon. The thing does seem to have been a Larp or somthing.

Had a dream that Yuuka could drive a car. I was at a football match and after the game went to the shops. Yuuka was also in the crowd and went to the same shops as me. I overheard her have a conversation with another guy. He asked her if she could only drive automatic and then I joined the conversation saying that I didn't know she could drive at all. I then recalled her saying she could in an earlier conversation. I then had to leave because another friend needed to get the train home

Had a dream that Reimu died. There was an incident involving Hell and she just froze at one point then just died. Marisa was devastated and even I was deeply saddened by it. I paid my respects and later found that it was part of a plot that included Byakuren and Miko. Miko had stolen Reimu's soul as part of the plot. Byakuren was quite critical of this aspect though.

Had a dream that there was a movement to try and steal a painting of Alice Margatroid from what I believe was an airport. I can't remember the justification but it was enough to convince me. It was organised by 4chan but not enough anons were actually in on it. Eventually I decided to take the matter into my own hands and joined. I read the information that the 4channers had gathered and aaked some friends to get more. I also found out there was a picture of Mayumi and Nazrin (and the nazrin had been painted over another picture of Mayumi) at another place but I wouldn't be able to get to that place. In the end I woke up before I could properly act
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 08:07:55 AM by aListers »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #764 on: December 14, 2019, 01:21:06 PM »
Had a dream that there was a machine that allowed people to go into games and access places they weren't usually able to go. I of course used this machine to get into Gensokyo. It used a process it called "Sanaefication" and allowed me more direct communication for a temporary amount of time. I used to to try and contact Alice and She answered. Our conversation was fairly short. It consisted mostly of her pretty harshly breaking up with me. She also referred to me as "(her) little British boy" which I'm not sure is just proof she knew it was me or if it was an insult as I'm very pro-independence for Scotland. With that, the Sanaefication process ended and I was booted out. I tried to contact Nitori next (to ask her how to pay her back) but somebody pressed a different button which brought me to a different menu. The dream went on with others using the machine for transporting deep sea creatures and training monkeys. I never had the chance again though. Is this the end of my relationship with Alice Margatroid? I don't know. I still love her and my brain is still in denial about it. I've noticed that when you rely on dreams you make up your own idea of what is canon and not but it's not always what you like to believe happened that actually did. I can't exactly say I don't do this in real life too. In the end, everything is written in my own point of view. With my chuunibyou I'm more likely to live through the motto "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story" too.

Had a dream that somebody make a touhou fan game for the ZX Spectrum (The British equivalent of a PC-98 or commodore 64) and I spent most of the dream trying to get it. It was called black doll or red feather. Was a JRPG with 4 party members

2 days ago I had a dream that I was in an arcade. A guard needed to go to the toilet and Hong Meiling decided to hold his position until he came back. Unfortunately, she was slightly ill. There was a button next to her which gives her food and she accidentally pressed it. Her stomach rejected the burger and she threw up
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 09:23:59 AM by aListers »