Author Topic: The SANDY YAKUMO Studies  (Read 23675 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: An experiment.
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2010, 07:23:51 AM »
Sometimes, her nails are rather sharp so I have to be careful. :)

Nekomata tailerections? Chen has a tail fetish?

This is just getting better and better.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Easy Mode

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2010, 07:25:51 AM »
I think I need to say a little more about Sandy.

Any ideas?

Easy Mode

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 07:31:19 AM »
Also, I'm going to try four different sites for different effects:

Otherkin.com

OtherKinDating

The Otherkin Community

and Dstyle/Lunatic Red for a control.

I'll screencap every profile page and give you all the heads up. This is now the documentation thread. <3

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2010, 07:44:07 AM »
Damn, that's creepy.  Good luck.  Remember to keep any information you give out in the different communities consistent with each other.  There's likely to be some overlap in those communities' userbases.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2010, 07:49:36 AM »
Oh wow, that's quite an interesting experiment you're doing there, Mode. Good luck and keep us informed. As a future sociologist, I'll have to watch that  ;D

Any ideas?
Maybe mention some troubles she had with 'normal humans' due to her personality and that noone believes her? Or is that the wrong way to go?
Or maybe some more info about how Ran thinks of the human world. Or why she decided to join those sites?

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2010, 07:50:34 AM »
Hi there! My name is Sandy, but that isn't why I'm here.

I am the Earth plane #183 incarnation of Ran Yakumo.

See, what I believe is that at one time, I was the proud, beautiful Ran Yakumo, happily serving under Yukari Yakumo on the boundaries , Gensokyo plane #46. Nowadays, I channel Ran in everything I do.

I am Ran Yakumo. Today, tomorrow, and in the past. I do not speak for myself, as she speaks for me. XP Yukari is my sleepy mistress, as she has always been, and I now reside spiritually on the borders of Gensokyo.
I am the kitsune shikigami of Yukari, along with Chen. I am more than content to pull Chen close and give her a hug with my tails. All nine of them. ^^ She is a neko!! Sometimes, her nails are rather sharp so I have to be careful. :)

You may be asking how I was born in another body. Now, more than eight hundred years ago, I was born as a regular fox. But later, I began life as a kitsune! Through the Andromedean Adonis plane, #120, my soul was put into this human body. :) To this day, I still live my regular life as myself, but sometimes Sandy's cumbersome human body gets in the way. It's okay though! ^^ The Mother Goddess just made a mistake and put me in the wrong plane. One day, I will leave Sandy's body and merge us into one!! :)

Sandy is my host body. She lives in Omaha, NE, a silly human town, and is 24. Yukari comes to visit every day, as she is the only one that can let me use the special Gensokyo computer in the human world! Sandy works as a mail clerk at her mom's office and lives in an apartment with her goldfish Youmu and Yuyuko. Many times I have tried to eat them! They sure do look tasty!! :)

Sandy and I thank you for letting us introduce me!
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Easy Mode

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2010, 07:58:44 AM »
Oh wow, that's quite an interesting experiment you're doing there, Mode. Good luck and keep us informed. As a future sociologist, I'll have to watch that  ;D
Maybe mention some troubles she had with 'normal humans' due to her personality and that noone believes her? Or is that the wrong way to go?
Or maybe some more info about how Ran thinks of the human world. Or why she decided to join those sites?
Good idea:

Sometimes I feel as though the human world doesn't understand me. The shift from Gensokyo to here is quite a big one, so I am hoping I can make friends and even more with those who aren't humans!

Thanks for the positive responses, guys. This is my new baby.

Re: The SANDY YAKUMO Studies
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2010, 09:41:59 AM »
Let me voice some negativity:

The purpose seems kind of sketchy. It seems like we'll just be laughing at the other peoples' expense. That doesn't sit well with me. Have your fun, though, don't mind this wet blanket.

Easy Mode

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2010, 09:45:38 AM »
laughing at the other peoples' expense
e we

Anyways, so far, so bad. According to one post, poor Sandy isn't accepted and is dismissed as fake. :C

Quote from: Shiari
Okay, I know this isn't a weekend web or we'd have dozens of you guys popping out of the woodwork, but seriously. Look, been there done that, the Harry Potter guy did it with more flair. Better luck next time.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2010, 09:51:34 AM »
Hm, I'm just realizing that now, but did you do a check in before how introductions in those communities usually are done? Because if it's already too far off from how they usually do it, you might not get past the introduction post anywhere.

Easy Mode

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2010, 09:56:46 AM »
Most of them don't have rules against certain types.

However, in one thread, a girl who was a dragonaire was promptly banned. So, I'm hoping that with a lesser known character, things might be easier.

The same site, Otherkin.com had a rather annoyed welcome:

Quote from: Dragonslorefury
Another otakukin? And a named character this time? >_<
So tell me....how did you come to this conclusion?

Welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here.  :S

P.s. You're a human too.

Otakukin seemed to be disliked everywhere so far. However, I'm not even a day into my testing so I can't conclude just yet.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2010, 09:57:41 AM »
Let me voice some negativity:

The purpose seems kind of sketchy. It seems like we'll just be laughing at the other peoples' expense. That doesn't sit well with me. Have your fun, though, don't mind this wet blanket.

Everything we have comes at others' expenses, mostly unwittingly.  There's no point in pretending you can live a happy life without adversely affecting others, and there's nothing evil in screwing with people a little.  The sentiment is appreciated, but you shouldn't try to guilt-trip people out of having some harmless mischief.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »
Everything we have comes at others' expenses, mostly unwittingly.  There's no point in pretending you can live a happy life without adversely affecting others, and there's nothing evil in screwing with people a little.  The sentiment is appreciated, but you shouldn't try to guilt-trip people out of having some harmless mischief.

And that goes for everyone that calls Tewi a prick. :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »
Yukari comes to visit every day, as she is the only one that can let me use the special Gensokyo computer in the human world!
Everything seemed pretty good to me except this; I mean, everything else could be explained by insanity except this part.

Also, yeah, it does seem like Otakukin probably aren't accepted nearly as well as Otherkin. Theres a good difference between "I was a dragon in a past life" and "I was this exact person from this specific place and time", not to mention less possible roots in spiritual belief then the former etc. And Otakukin is just plain creepier.

Totally interested to see how its going to go, although hopefully it gets better from how its going now.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »
Otakukin seemed to be disliked everywhere so far. However, I'm not even a day into my testing so I can't conclude just yet.

You could always try the Reasonable Troll approach, i.e., "Hey, you know guys, I'm sure you've had to deal with a lot of crap from other people because of who you are. People who mocked and belittled you, who didn't understand where you were coming from. All I'm asking is that you afford me the same respect you would want for yourself. That's not too much to ask, is it? NOW ABOUT MY DOLLS"

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »

QFT
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

dustyjo

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2010, 04:22:15 PM »
Nekomata tailerections? Chen has a tail fetish?

This is just getting better and better.

She said Nails, silly. :V

Spoiler:
though that is perfectly acceptable

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »
You could always try the Reasonable Troll approach, i.e., "Hey, you know guys, I'm sure you've had to deal with a lot of crap from other people because of who you are. People who mocked and belittled you, who didn't understand where you were coming from. All I'm asking is that you afford me the same respect you would want for yourself. That's not too much to ask, is it? NOW ABOUT MY DOLLS"

This sounds like Cassie.

/troll
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2010, 06:48:11 PM »
Ah, I wish I'd seen this before. The sadistic psych major in me yearned to see a successful experiment, but it seems like things are already going badly... Oh, well. I'll try to keep an eye on things~ Good luck, Mode!

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
This whole thing reminded me of a girl we had in a Japanese class who claimed that she had been a samurai in a previous life, and that that was reason she had an easy time learning Japanese.

It was hard to keep from laughing aloud in front of her when she said that, especially because everyone else unanimously considered her to be the worse Japanese student ever.

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2010, 07:50:19 PM »
This sounds like Cassie.

/troll
Except Cassie wasn't reasonable  :smug:

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2010, 08:14:30 PM »
One thing I never got about Otherkin, what happens if two of them meet that think they're the same person? What if Mode happens to meet Sam Yakumo?

Bananamatic

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
The first thing I imagined after seeing the topic title was Yukari playing in a sandbox.
I'm not kidding :V

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »
Also, yeah, it does seem like Otakukin probably aren't accepted nearly as well as Otherkin. Theres a good difference between "I was a dragon in a past life" and "I was this exact person from this specific place and time", not to mention less possible roots in spiritual belief then the former etc. And Otakukin is just plain creepier.
You know, I can actually imagine a lot of historic persons that one might claim to be that would creep me out way more than anime characters or the like. I'd rather have someone trying to shoot me with magic or dragonfire than someone who thinks he's, say, Jack the Ripper and acts it. (Yes, I like worst case scenarios  :V)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2010, 08:23:40 PM »
I'd be afraid of a guy claiming to be the reincarnation of James Watt, let alone Jack the Ripper =[

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2010, 08:32:32 PM »
One thing I never got about Otherkin, what happens if two of them meet that think they're the same person? What if Mode happens to meet Sam Yakumo?

I'm just guessing here, but either 1. the events of highlander occurs 2. one things that they're an earlier incarnation of the other or 3. they both end up thinking they are one part of that character, and go off to collect the others, to eventually revive said character, but then this is all just random ideas that are coming from my skull

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2010, 08:46:28 PM »
Cannibalism.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
Erotic Cannibalism.

Easy Mode

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2010, 09:48:28 PM »
I got new responses!

SHITSTYLE:

Quote from: 'shori'
nice intro, i love it, welcome sandy or maybe yakumo xD

Quote from: 'Tamashi'
SUPPA TENKO!!

welcome aboard

OTHERKIN.COM:

Quote from: Lhene
How did you you discover so many details about yourself, down to the reincarnation number and specific name?

I hope you know that this isn't a roleplaying site.

The Otherkin forum seems to be very uppity. It's okay to believe you're a wolf that never existed, but it isn't okay to believe you're a made up character. It's the same thing, isn't it? I'm formulating a final response for when everything either falls apart or sticks to the plan.

This is by no means going to be a short project. Tenshi, the "reincarnation of Beatrice", and I are talking about making an LJ community and joining plain Otherkin ones. If we get additions, this will allow us to see what they are like unperturbed and on their own, and when more than one attempt to be included together in a possibly hostile territory.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2010, 09:51:21 PM »
Tell them you've had a load of dreams in which you were in gensokyo, serving Yukari and one where you were playing Chen. They all felt so real, right down to feeling the breeze blowing through your tails.

The five magic rolling stones