Author Topic: Minecraft Server! (IMPORTANT POLL VOTE NOW)  (Read 165656 times)

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
Re: Minecraft Server!
« Reply #960 on: July 13, 2011, 08:41:26 PM »
Add me on Skype to talk to me better.
omfg007

Brb restarting computer to tackle a Malware attack.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:44:30 PM by DDRMANIAC007 »

« Reply #961 on: July 13, 2011, 09:37:06 PM »
Let's bring it to a vote. I delete the old world, change the IP, and this time only MoTK gets the IP. I guess I've learned from my mistake here. Sorry guys. Give this server another chance.
Forgive me DDR, but I'm going to be a bit blunt here.

Chances are Stuffman and I are going to go ahead with our server. This is not a personal dig at you, nor is it a call for you to end your server. This is a way for us to ensure that we get the security that we have been desperately needing for nearly three weeks now.

In my month playing on your server, I saw some very impressive structures and artwork. The part that troubled me was the fact that many of these builders and sculptors had left. I'm sure they have their reasons: playing different games, loss of interest, or even real life getting in the way. Once the grief attacks started (and got quite frequent) we lost even more users, leaving us with a very small group. Yes, we have obtained new users, but my concern is about the users we have lost.

I don't doubt that you share that same concern. I know that you weren't happy at the lack of players on your first event: the underground maze. You had just upgraded and installed the Multi-verse, and I'm sure you wanted to make sure that that work and money was justified. I think that your disappointment in that turnout led to more advertising attempts to bring in new users. Hence, the Parkour event and the subsequent Roleplay fiasco.

Since those came to pass, our userbase more than quadrupled. However, this new group wasn't loyal to MotK or our works. They came here for the Roleplay and/or Parkour. Our server community had become fractured. I remember one day shortly before the Roleplay was set to do their video recording. It was a day that neither DDR or SoD_Devil came on. Since those were the only OPs at the time, every single one of the RP guys spent all day bitching about how neither OP was in, and how bored they were since they couldn't build. Similar days like this went on for a while until they had set up a new server.

I'll also note that during this time, the people of the Roleplay world could return to the main world. However the MotK users could not go to the Roleplay world. Why should OUR work be at risk while theirs protected?!  MotK users were outnumbered by these other morons, and the deck was getting increasingly stacked against them.

So now we have the events of the past week. Mods were instated, the Roleplay world is deleted, and DDR pretty much disappears. It strikes me that you believed that having Mods would allow you to focus on your role in the Roleplay even more. (yes I know you were one of the main stars in that) We Mods were led to believe that we can end the grief attacks once and for all, or at least police the server better. Without access to /ban, we could not fix the problems. There have been NUMEROUS complaints and attempts to get you to address and fix the issue, which you have not. Your attention was elsewhere.

It is quite humiliating and humbling to be in a position of power without a way to dispose of troublemakers. They came to realize that we couldn't ban them, and then they brought in their friends. EP and I started resorting to more drastic measures which ended up causing heavy inconvenience for the players that were loyal to the MotK side of the server. With the situation over the last couple weeks, it became apparent that your loyalty now lies with the Roleplay group, and not with MotK. That's fine. I figured that one day, you'd kick out the MotK users and make the server for the Roleplay idiots. There, you'd finally get all of the users and players that you sought for.

My only begging concern now is "Why". Why did you instate Mods that could not ban troublemakers? Did you believe that we would take over the server as a means to possibly oust you from power? Why did you avoid addressing the issue? You were silent and you were absent. This is NOT how an admin needs to behave.

No, I don't believe that you have learned your lesson. I believe that you are in the process of learning your lesson. You spring to action now that the people are wanting to leave? This is absurd!  "Hey guys! I'll fix everything! Don't go! Don't go!"

Sorry, man, but I will pursuing a new server with Stuffman. Let the players decide where they would like to play.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #962 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:38 PM »
Roleplay has been gone for weeks already. They fell apart. Hence why I deleted the roleplay world.
Also the fact that servercraft keeps locking me out of server files doesn't help with adding powers for moderators. (Bigger problem than you think; they claim they can't fix it.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:43:51 PM by DDRMANIAC007 »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #963 on: July 13, 2011, 09:45:18 PM »
Nice to hear from you DDR!

So what we have in order here -
 - New IP + MotK-only based on my playerlist post (though it only includes MC names I can link most of the accounts to MotK by batch PM), and have a whitelist on hand (based on said post)
 - New world, preferably with PTM as Eraiya suggested to allow for not-so-vanilla terrain on an otherwise 90% vanilla server, to add on to interest
 - No more Member & MotK - they are now the same group.
 - Expanded mod powers. At the very least we'll be needing /ban (you never know), /setwarp, time / weather control, Multiverse portal management (and retaining of powers in any worlds), and the ability to actually bypass region protection (the one weakness we had against adrian, a Builder who could do so) in addition to our current list of powers.
 - Multiverse as well but we won't be so quick to make portals.
 - Less rain and snow. Maybe have it change once every 5-7 MC days rather than the current rate.
 - Remove giants, or have them drop something even less valuable (I suggested to Stuffman that they drop a few brick blocks, given his like for bricks)
 - If there's a blacklist, you know who to put on it:
adrian246
fig_man_57
charcaid
iFail_v_B34STLY
TaylorGx
Your_Account
SRG1131
foundedman1992
DanTheKillingMan
- Lastly, we should arrange times for our own server events. The first one is to burn down the old world with fire and lava (maybe TNT if you so choose to enable it), in a fashion similar to what six of us did yesterday to our own structures (and Cadrin mentioned one such incident). Afterwards, the server goes down, gets its world completely reset, and re-opens, cueing another event to commemorate the new era from which we can rebuild a new town (community house - EPFort - Rukinville mix). I see it as a good way to transition from one era to the next.

Good luck with the malware!

Forgive me DDR, but I'm going to be a bit blunt here....
As one of the major players in the inconvenient anti-griefer campaign I'll decide to side with Strafe and Stuffman on this one, especially if they can stick in the desired features I'm looking for.
Given how both routes involve world restarts, I see little difference other than who is the Op, hosting company, and to whom the loyalties lie. We know about the latter already for one of them, and it's not looking good.

Also the fact that servercraft keeps locking me out of server files doesn't help with adding powers for moderators. (Bigger problem than you think; they claim they can't fix it.)
I think we should move the server to BroHoster or some other company now...which Stuffman and Strafe seems to be going at already.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:50:22 PM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #964 on: July 13, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »
to whom the loyalties lie. We know about the latter already for one of them, and it's not looking good.
Love how you completely ignored my post about that.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #965 on: July 13, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »
Still doesn't account for the MotK-based group being unable to manage the RP group while the other could (by griefing).

Also, as DDR says, let's put it to a vote. I think it should be possible for you to make a poll on the first post of this thread, DDR, from which we will determine who we will trust with the server Op role.
Otherwise, we can vote with our feet - err, keyboards and mice - and move to either server without a poll.
Bad command or file name

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #966 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:12 PM »
CONSOLE: AgentOfTheBSoD has logged in.
BBROTHER: Removed 272552 old records because of age in 0h01m07s.
CONSOLE: Welcome back, AgentOfTheBSoD
CONSOLE->AgentOfTheBSoD: Hey there, AgentOfTheBSoD!
CONSOLE: 7CONSOLE whispers Hey there, AgentOfTheBSoD!
CONSOLE->AgentOfTheBSoD: Welcome to The Unofficial MoTK Minecraft Server
CONSOLE: 7CONSOLE whispers Welcome to The Unofficial MoTK Minecraft Server
CONSOLE: AgentOfTheBSoD has left.
CONSOLE: AgentOfTheBSoD has logged in.
CONSOLE: Welcome back, AgentOfTheBSoD
CONSOLE->AgentOfTheBSoD: Hey there, AgentOfTheBSoD!
CONSOLE: 7CONSOLE whispers Hey there, AgentOfTheBSoD!
CONSOLE->AgentOfTheBSoD: Welcome to The Unofficial MoTK Minecraft Server
CONSOLE: 7CONSOLE whispers Welcome to The Unofficial MoTK Minecraft Server
CONSOLE: Freed 247.046 MB.
BBROTHER: Building `ownership` table...
CONSOLE: Disconnecting iFail_v_B34STLY [/2.219.167.211:52638]: You are banned from this server!
CONSOLE: Disconnecting iFail_v_B34STLY [/2.219.167.211:52643]: You are banned from this server!
CONSOLE: There are 1 out of a maximum 50 players online.
CONSOLE: Connected players: AgentOfTheBSoD
Server: /ban adrian246
CONSOLE: Player adrian246 banned
Server: /ban fig_man_57
CONSOLE: Player fig_man_57 banned
Server: /ban charcaid
CONSOLE: Player charcaid banned
Server: /ban TaylorGx
CONSOLE: Player TaylorGx banned
Server: /ban Your_Account
CONSOLE: Player Your_Account banned
Server: /ban SRG1131
CONSOLE: Player SRG1131 banned
CONSOLE: 9[PLAYER_COMMAND] AgentOfTheBSoD: /home
Server: /ban foundedman1992
CONSOLE: Player foundedman1992 banned
Server: /ban DanTheKillingMan
CONSOLE: Player DanTheKillingMan banned

The poll is a good idea, hang on.

Edit: I don't think there's an option to edit in a poll, hang on while I set up an alternative.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:57:54 PM by DDRMANIAC007 »

Eraiya

« Reply #967 on: July 13, 2011, 10:03:33 PM »
Heya DDR! Now that you're back, what all have you done since you've returned and what else do you plan to do before leaving for the night? It's great to see you're back and taking action! But.. At the same time, I.. Think I've gotta be honest and say that, while I appreciate everything you've done in hosting this server for us, whether or not you get around to changing my rank to "Moderator" on yours as you said you meant to but forgot to, admittedly, I look forward to seeing Stuff's/Strafe's server when it comes around.

Edit: If a vote comes around, I'm all for deleting the old world, changing the IP and, this time, only MoTK gets the IP, assuming you meant it when you said, "Whoops, I meant to make you a moderator," since WorldEdit will make rebuilding the community building much, much easier this time around- and better than before!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:05:48 PM by Eraiya »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #968 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:19 PM »
Otherwise, we can vote with our feet - err, keyboards and mice - and move to either server without a poll.
Horrible idea, we might end up with 3 people in either server and the rest just not joining.
We should group together and keep the community as a whole.

That said, I've known Stuffman for a longer time, seen how he does things, and my little experience with Strafe told me he's at the very least generous and dedicated as far as I know. Their plan for a new server was also elaborated with input from everyone, while DDR was away.
When the whole idea is finished and pretty much decided on, DDR decided to show up from the shadows(despite having lurked the thread all this time, your name shows up there with everyone else that's reading the thread, you know) and post apologizing a bit too late and begging for another chance.

... yeah, Imma go with Stuff-sensei and Strafe PhD.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #969 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
Re: Minecraft Server! (IMPORTANT POLL VOTE NOW)
« Reply #970 on: July 13, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »
I sure hope the results are made public.

e: actually, I don't even see how that poll is necessary, it's not like we're hundreds of pepole.
People should just pick their side and post here and we'll count the results in the end.
                                                                                   .

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #971 on: July 13, 2011, 10:17:37 PM »
I sure hope the results are made public.

e: actually, I don't even see how that poll is necessary, it's not like we're hundreds of pepole.
People should just pick their side and post here and we'll count the results in the end.
Because the poll requires you to view both sides of the story.

Eraiya

« Reply #972 on: July 13, 2011, 10:22:47 PM »

Heya DDR! Now that you're back, what all have you done since you've returned and what else do you plan to do before leaving for the night?

« Reply #973 on: July 13, 2011, 10:24:35 PM »
Funny how your side of the story is basically a list of reasons and answers to the issues provided in my post. What's even more funny is that my post gets cut off towards the end.

"I have read, considered, and understood both sides of the story, [omitting any opinions and facts that might make DDR look bad]"   :V

A vote at this point in time is useless. Let the people play on whichever server they'd prefer. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if people wanted to stay on your server, or play in both.

I want to play with people that are focused on building, rather than destroying.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #974 on: July 13, 2011, 10:26:30 PM »
Horrible idea, we might end up with 3 people in either server and the rest just not joining.
I highly agree here.

That said, I've known Stuffman for a longer time, seen how he does things, and my little experience with Strafe told me he's at the very least generous and dedicated as far as I know. Their plan for a new server was also elaborated with input from everyone, while DDR was away.
When the whole idea is finished and pretty much decided on, DDR decided to show up from the shadows(despite having lurked the thread all this time, your name shows up there with everyone else that's reading the thread, you know) and post apologizing a bit too late and begging for another chance.

... yeah, Imma go with Stuff-sensei and Strafe PhD.
...it seems to be the same for me here, though I have more experience with Strafe thanks to this moderating business.

If DDR had responded earlier before we got this idea maybe I would've put it into consideration, but it seems to be a delayed response.

I have already voted and put my opinions.
Bad command or file name

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #975 on: July 13, 2011, 10:28:10 PM »
Heya DDR! Now that you're back, what all have you done since you've returned and what else do you plan to do before leaving for the night?
The server is shut down for now until we have a decisive vote. (Leaving for the night? It's only 4pm here)
Depending on the vote, I'll begin looking at new providers seeing as I just can't stand servercraft anymore. I can't do anything if I keep getting locked out. I also need to do some video editing later.
I'm thinking of inviting one or two people to play a Super Hostile map with me, for stress relief. Skype call of course.
As for what I do on the server, it depends on this decisive vote.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #976 on: July 13, 2011, 10:28:28 PM »
Cut off what? Taking a look now.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #977 on: July 13, 2011, 10:29:09 PM »
Oh I see what happened. Text was too long. I'll put a link instead.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #978 on: July 13, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »
A vote at this point in time is useless. Let the people play on whichever server they'd prefer. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if people wanted to stay on your server, or play in both.
HakuSM already noted it's a terrible idea after I suggested it (with different wording):

Bad command or file name

Eraiya

« Reply #979 on: July 13, 2011, 10:31:58 PM »
If you had unlimited control over your server and were locked in a room where the only thing you could do to pass the time was modify the server in ways that would benefit it, what would you be doing right now, at this very moment, if everyone planned on staying?

If you had unlimited control over your server and were locked in a room where the only thing you could do to pass the time was modify the server in ways that would benefit it, what would you be doing right now, at this very moment, if everyone planned on playing on both servers?

If you had unlimited control over your server and were locked in a room where the only thing you could do to pass the time was modify the server in ways that would benefit it, what would you be doing right now, at this very moment, if everyone planned on leaving?

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #980 on: July 13, 2011, 10:39:48 PM »
If you had unlimited control over your server and were locked in a room where the only thing you could do to pass the time was modify the server in ways that would benefit it, what would you be doing right now, at this very moment, if everyone planned on staying?
Regenerate the world, merge all groups into one, enable access to WE and become a building server, get a server provider that doesn't have horrible customer service.

If you had unlimited control over your server and were locked in a room where the only thing you could do to pass the time was modify the server in ways that would benefit it, what would you be doing right now, at this very moment, if everyone planned on playing on both servers?
Exact same thing.

If you had unlimited control over your server and were locked in a room where the only thing you could do to pass the time was modify the server in ways that would benefit it, what would you be doing right now, at this very moment, if everyone planned on leaving?
Probably let things lie and join the new one. I'd do one of two things. Either keep my server up and do something with it. Maybe rent it out at an extremely cheap cost. (Probably not, I'd just turn it into a different type of server, though the rent idea is an ok one) The other one is to permanently close down the server and let the old problems die with it.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #981 on: July 13, 2011, 10:41:49 PM »
Also we have more people posting here than voting on the poll. You want this solved with a decisive vote or not?
Point of that is that if we do the votes by posting, we'd have arguing and slandering. An anonymous vote is decisive.

We only have 19 posts left in this thread, save them for plans after the vote.

Only 3 votes, yet 4 posts. Really?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:51:44 PM by DDRMANIAC007 »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #982 on: July 13, 2011, 10:54:14 PM »
Which are both posted here anyways, so your point?

Oh btw, massive consecutive posting is considered spamming and against the rules. Please, this is a forum, not an image board.
                                                                                   .

Eraiya

« Reply #983 on: July 13, 2011, 11:11:34 PM »

It seems to me that the results of the vote are obvious to everyone here, except you. The decisive question is, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Who would you prefer to run a Minecraft server: me or Strafe?" I'm seeing nothing but people expressing either, "Sure, I'd be fine with either," or, "Strafe. No doubt." I'm not seeing anyone rooting solely for you, and I don't blame them.

How dare you speak to theep that way. Not only is he your strongest supporter, he's one of the many people here that you've wronged, yet he's still kind enough to overlook that comment. He trusted you when you granted him Moderator privileges, thinking he'd be able to do a smooth, clean job of keeping the server a secure, fun place to be. You betrayed that trust by clearly not giving one, single damn about its playerbase. In my opinion, you have no right to show the slightest bit of annoyance, aggravation or anger towards the members of your server over this matter, as you've been doing with your jabs at the very people who made your server tolerable in the first place; and, no, you were not one of those people.

When you get right down to the heart of the matter, you're far worse than each of the individual griefers on the server. By being fully aware of the damage they were doing for such an extended period of time, coming into this thread again and again over the past several days yet refusing to spare the time to take action or at least try to seem like you were being an active member of the community, to me, you're as despicable as the combined actions of each and every one of them for making a conscious decision to do nothing to stop them.

Sure, you're taking action now. Only after you're seeing consequences for your actions- or rather, your inactivity. Like a child only crying and apologizing for doing something wrong after they've been giving a spanking. This isn't remorse you're feeling- it's a calculated decision to finally step forth and say, "Hey guys, I'm here; don't worry, I got this" only after it's apparent that we've had enough.

I didn't want to make a big deal of it, which is why I haven't even publicly mentioned it until the past hour or so, but with the way you keep avoiding my mentioning of, "Hey, remember how you said you meant to make me a moderator in the first place, but it somehow, magically slipped your mind?" your intentions are obvious. You only said that so that I'd quit "bothering" you about the security of your server, something which is apparently more important to each and every one of us here than it is to you. One thing I refuse to tolerate from leadership is dishonesty. Furthermore, this avoidance would provide a solid explanation as to why I've seen you in this thread so many times without posting- clearly, you've seen me, too, and didn't want to get into all this in public, since you knew you were lying, while I hadn't quite realized that yet.

With Strafe and Stuff, I have no idea how they're going to run a server. I'm ten types of okay with that. Now, let's say we keep hanging around yours. What do we know about how you run a server? We know that you abide griefers ripping and tearing our creations apart. What can we expect the next time a griefer comes along and spoils everyone's fun? Given your 100% track record of doing absolutely nothing to mend the situation, common sense tells us: you'll repeat your actions.

Given all of the above, I'm deeply disappointed in you and appalled at your behavior. I'm ashamed to have dedicated so much time to someone who's done nothing but betray, hide and deceive. I'm outraged that this has gone on for so long, and particularly, how you spoke to Theep just a moment ago. But, don't you worry. That talk about "where loyalties lie" earlier? Yes, that's crystal clear to me now.

DDRManiac007 is a dishonest person and is not fit for a leadership position, in my opinion. Again, I'd like to reiterate: the results of this poll are nothing short of obvious and I look forward to Strafe's/Stuff's server.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:29:28 PM by Eraiya »

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
« Reply #984 on: July 13, 2011, 11:16:34 PM »
You know what they say about the human mind: You can't change someone's mind if they already have a decision in their head.

Eraiya

« Reply #985 on: July 13, 2011, 11:23:16 PM »
Funny, because my very existence proves that wrong. Just a few weeks ago, I was a proud supporter of your server. I thought you were a wonderful guy who had things under control. Now that I've seen you for who you really are through these events, I changed my mind, despite already having a decision in my head that you were a trustworthy person who actually cared about the state of your server and its playerbase.

Your response only helps further prove that I'm right. Rather than apologize for your sickening behavior, you attempt to defend it with a single, flimsy sentence which is easily dismissed after the shortest bit of exposure to logic and common sense. While I think to myself, "I can't express this enough," I can certainly reel it in enough to refrain from breaking rules by double posting, as you have:

I'd like nothing less than an apology to Theep from you.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #986 on: July 13, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
Ok this is getting out of hand.  Thread locked for the time being.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."