Author Topic: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! ~*~ VOTE OVER!  (Read 63544 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! Design the official Mascots of MotK! ~*~
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
Sakana you're lovely, do you know that?

I saw this thing the moment it started, but the past two months have been so stupid

e: fuuuuuck Angelica is so much trouble
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:32:27 PM by HakureiSM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Re: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! Design the official Mascots of MotK! ~*~
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 10:13:49 PM »
Alright, since I'm gonna be a bit busy the next week anyway, and since there are still people working on their stuff, I'll extend the final deadline as announced:

New Deadline is July 24th, Sunday two weeks from now

Formless God

1 2 3

Those orb things are
Spoiler:
options

1 2 3

Those orb things are
Spoiler:
options
| _________________________________________________________________________ |

Tired/Warm

• Apostatical Verdant Eudaemonaic
  • This is my danmaku.
Ooooh - that's brilliant! I'd ask why only Angelica has
Spoiler:
options
and then realize it's even more clever - they're prototypes. That's just... I'm clapping. You can't see it, but I am.

Awesome sig courtesy of Squawkers23! Thanks!

Oh, you're looking for words? My writing is here.
Do you remember me? I also remember you - and though we haven't met in so many days, I still know you and love your memories. If you stumbled upon this - good luck, in whatever you might do.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
I do believe those are the best designs so far.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
I do believe those are the best designs so far.
I'm going to say that best design and best artwork are two different things. I'll save my opinions on designs until all the entries are submitted.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

1 2 3

There's a reason why I find you and Aoshi my favorite artists.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Just FYI if you have the nerve to have an Artist++++++ tag and not enter this contest I will personally find and kill you :colbert:

what if said artist is a slave to capitalism huh?
Trust me, I am working on this, but very difficult to finish when I am at work all day.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
AF you of all people in particular should hurry up and get an entry in. I want my server-tans to be dakimakura-worthy! :V

I am interested in participating... Here is a preview of Angelica, Henrietta and Triela:

EDIT1-2: Added Henrietta and Triela...
EDIT3-5: Added colored versions.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:27:59 AM by Tsalop »
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
D'aww, your Hentietta looks pretty cute, Tsalop. :) I like the game magazine detail. :V

Hiirana-chan

• Hurp Derpington.
  • Myonmyonmyon~
I think I'm going to make a better version of my entry...since I have to do something for art class anyways. :V

on second thought, scanner and tablet aren't easily accessible. nvm. /shot
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:57:38 AM by Hiirana-chan »
I'd like to think of myself as an artist.
www.hiirana-chan.deviantart.com

:U

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
So is this free to join? If so, I have several questions though (and a request).
This is for a Touhou forum right?
What's TSO?

And the request:
Can you give me links to the places that each of these -tans will represent? If that's not too much to ask.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
-Yes, this is for a Touhou forum.
-TSO is the site admin. :V

Dead Princess Sakana

Can you give me links to the places that each of these -tans will represent? If that's not too much to ask.
This is kinda impossible, seeing as they are servers, not boards on the forum or anything ;^^

As stated in the description,  Triela is the main server that hosts the forum itself, Henrietta is the game-server, where for example DotS, UT, Nethack and other stuff run, and Angelica is just a test-server.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
This is kinda impossible, seeing as they are servers, not boards on the forum or anything ;^^

As stated in the description,  Triela is the main server that hosts the forum itself, Henrietta is the game-server, where for example DotS, UT, Nethack and other stuff run, and Angelica is just a test-server.

Oh, well I didn't exactly know what a server is, so yeah. Can you explain the "host the forum" part? It might influence my design choices.

(The reason why I was confused as to whether or not this was for a Touhou forum was because of the general lack of crazy head accessories for the designs submitted thus far)

Edit: Never mind, I found what I was wanting
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:55:13 AM by EdibleGhost »
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
Erm, 'bout time I submit something...  :ohdear:
And uhh, sorry my designs are bland.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Triela. She's carrying a laptop, since it's not that visible.

Henrietta. An adventurous one. Don't know why, but I had the Rumia's Party Games board in mind when designing her.  :V
Those bags around her waist? I assume it would be her Inventory.

Angelica. Obvious anatomy errors are very obvious. 

I really needed to finish these as soon as possible, since I won't have a computer this Thursday. (Hence, I rushed badly.)  :ohdear:
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

I like your artwork  Aoshi-shi. You are a really talnted artist.
Twitter

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
For some reason your Henrietta reminds me of Cirno, Aoshi. Probably because of the bow and tomboyish/cheerful expression and pose. :V I also like how there are internet codes all over Angelica's dress. :T

You have a nice art style~

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
'~' Do the entrys need to be colored? Cause if so theirs gonna be some problems.

Dead Princess Sakana

People. read the OP, it's all in there. Or is monochrome such an unknown word?

And really, a look at the other entries should answer the question as well: Black and white pics are perfectly fine, no colors needed ^^

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
*googles what monochrome means*
oooooohhhhhhhhh!  :derp:

Dead Princess Sakana

*googles what monochrome means*
oooooohhhhhhhhh!  :derp:
XD

Lesson learned, will use clearer words next time  ;)

Updated my orignal post with colored versions...
And here is the explanation:

Angelica: Okay... This is a traditional scientist / cyborg figure. When I think about a mad scientist,
s/he always has to have a red sweater and dark trouser (and the lab coat). 
To make her more "cyborgish", her left arm is not fully complete (only some wires visible) and the
headphones are part of her. Also if you look at her neck - you can see it is made from metal.

Henrietta: Somehow first thing I though about gaming was childish innocence... Thats why Henrietta
is a chibi with some sort of a gaming magazine. Headset is for the same reason.

Triela: Street Fighter Wriggle with mechanic arms? Well, the arms were inspired by the HAL-suit, and backpack
is usually good for transporting stuff...
Why she looks like a Street Fighter character? Well, that is just how she turned out.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:47:18 AM by Tsalop »
Twitter

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
It is very unfortunate that I am currently outstation and have no access to my home computer where the drawings are (scanned and colored)

due to work, I ask that please let this extend for one more day until 25th so that I may return and post them. I mean, I came so far after all. I have actually did only 2 of the girls (Henrietan and Triela) and Angelica however, is a bit of a doubt but I will post my interpretation of it as well.

Hope you guys can forgive me for this lateness, I assure it is not because I want to.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Dead Princess Sakana

Sure thing AF, I'll hold off on closing this until you have put in your entry. I expect nice things from you after all :3

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Welp, I was going to submit the rough sketches I have of them (because I spent the entire month figuring out their designs lol) tonight, but if we have an extra day I might as well clean them up a bit, right?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
Server-tans made by HakureiSM? Can't wait~!
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
I haven't been able to get the time to color these so I'll just submit them right now.

Triela: I tried going for the warrior lady look for her. The axe-hammer she has is supposed to represent the ban hammer. I think it fits well for a heavy-lifter character, plus axes and hammers are some very underused weapons.

Henrietta: I think what I did here was just throw the silliest things on her clothes. The result ended up making her look like she's the assistant of Siegfried and Roy.

Angelica: She has scarred clothing due to all of the experimenting. The satchel she has contains schematics and bottles of 'successful' experiments. That's supposed to be duct tape holding her ponytail for whatever reason. She's probably my favorite out of the three.