Author Topic: Stock Market Exchange Thread~ [C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control  (Read 11065 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
well, we already have a Madoka thread and a pretty much dead Hanasaku Iroha thread...
So I figured, let's all gather up and watch a significantly interesting anime this season called [C] - The money of soul and possibility control.

1. what it reminds me of: Star Driver
2. what it really is: Wall Street, without Shia LaBoeuf, the Animation.

Story summary:
For as long as time has been known, The Financial District has existed. A place, a city which is an alternate world behind a world where people deal with each other with money and of course battles using money. Not just any money, Midas Money, from that world's circulation: a organization or entity which exist to govern the FInancial District called Midas.

No one knows where this money really comes from, or for how they are chosen to become a part of the Financial District. In a world slapped behind a wall of reality, Entrepreneurs are guided into the unearthly world to make deals with the devil himself perhaps, and with their Assets, creatures generated by the world and the user upon entering the Financial District to fight those who are involved.

A surprisingly captivating story unfolds as Yoga, a once poor and financial course university student gets involved with the devil perhaps of the world: Masakaki to enter the Financial District. Given a power he didn't know existed, he now must keep himself from losing or going bankrupt, for his future is already on the betting table, and the only winners are those who don't fight. Or is it?

:ohdear:

/Suspense/

I am currently on Episode 4 and the story is just getting agitatingly good. The fight scenes are nothing much to talk about unless one has any inkling what they are doing. Heck, a rudimentary understanding of stock exchange should be good, and the story really unfolds when one understands that this is a game, and in this game, when you lose, you lose for real.

Oh yeah, when...

Spoiler:
Sensei lost all his children and somehow his future has been taken away, like a magic wand that made them all disappear, even through mid-pregnancy and a memory wipe... one could sense the sinister of it all in this grand scheme of things, it was like as though the world has changed and you are the only person in the whole world who actually knew and saw and understood exactly what happened. The depression that sets in... is enough to commit suicide over... the overwhelming nightmare of betting away any chance of a future....

If you aren't already watching it, I suggest you lot to give it a try. This is bound to be quite a ride.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Mashu Mashu Mashu Mashu Mashu

So far it's reminding me of Spice & Wolf since it's about economics but it doesn't actually deal with explaining them.  It's a little difficult to put into words, but it's the most enjoyable and interesting show airing this season besides Fireball.  The premise is very strong albeit a touch derivative.

♛ Apher-Forte

Plus, the ED theme is by School Food Punishment.
You don't know how much I love them.

I think the premise about losing all or risk everything is really fantastic, in a way, despite the fantasy setting, it gives you a lot of bits about real life and all its associated dangers.
In a sense, I'd say it is a sense of educated pinch at how reality works, if you don't risk something you don't gain, and if you don't gain you can't win.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

♛ Apher-Forte

[Episode 5]

Spoiler:
So, we know now one is a person who strives to take control of the happenings in the financial district and make sure all things are kept in the most minimal of ruptures in the real world, we also know Mikuni is the most fucking richest person in every history of anime combined (clearly so) (in fact, I dare say he outplays Tony Stark at the spending game).
This show makes me green with green eyed jealousy man, and hey, probably the best bit is...

I dunno, I think this is really bad, I keep thinking what would happen if Japan is gonna exploit the part where Mashyu is... well, only her mouth appears on that hole in the card...
it... it feels like a glory hole... and .... and.... ARRGGGHHHH

Anyway, favorite moment is Mashyu gorging down her ramen while they discuss the strategy to use on their next opponent. I wonder who the next opponent may be, it sure is getting intense.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
I'm enjoying this show a lot. After seeing the battle between Kimimaro and his teacher surprised me, seeing that there's so much at stake.

Spoiler:
After he lost his first Deal, nothing major happened other than him failing right?

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

♛ Apher-Forte

As far as I know, nothing else happened.

This week was another powerful episode... which is more mentally challenging than it was soul searching I reckon.
This show really asks a lot of fundamental questions, as to the illusions of power and grandiose, and who has the right to say certain words and sentences that only seem to represent their world views but has nothing to do with the poor and distressed.

You really gotta question tho...
how come this episode asks so many of those questions, it is like asking the viewer to choose a side, a side of money? profit or not? blood money? or clean?

It is a really engaging episode overall.

Spoiler:
I would totally question why the fuck didn't Kimimaro make up his mind and use a Macroflation on Angel when it was attacking? Surely a Macro can blast him back three times over, instead he blocked until Mashyu lost an arm and a leg, fucktard)

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Gotta love that OP. I never get tired of that whole "flying into money" deal.
Man, there better be a reference to mammon. There just has to be one sooner or later.
This hey-let's-speak-English is... Unique. The Financial District speakers actually sound pretty nice, but I feel like laughing and puking at the same time whenever that researcher woman speaks to her superior, even though they're on completely different levels when it comes to speaking English.

And yeah, this week episode was awesome. Delving into some more ideals and philosophy, but it hardly feels forced or shallow. Well... To me, at least.
Even if Kimimaro's especially good with flations, should he really be able to beat Angel with two flations and heavy losses, to boot? Nuts. Angel shouldn't go down that easily.

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
I am really liking C a lot.  I'm trying to read really deeply into it to find what metaphor represents what in terms of the financial crisis and the world financial situation.  Quite honestly, it could very well just be a really fun quasi-romp.

I describe it to people as Fate/Stay Night + Adam Smith + Pokemon. 

♛ Apher-Forte

Gotta love that OP. I never get tired of that whole "flying into money" deal.
Man, there better be a reference to mammon. There just has to be one sooner or later.
This hey-let's-speak-English is... Unique. The Financial District speakers actually sound pretty nice, but I feel like laughing and puking at the same time whenever that researcher woman speaks to her superior, even though they're on completely different levels when it comes to speaking English.

And yeah, this week episode was awesome. Delving into some more ideals and philosophy, but it hardly feels forced or shallow. Well... To me, at least.
Even if Kimimaro's especially good with flations, should he really be able to beat Angel with two flations and heavy losses, to boot? Nuts. Angel shouldn't go down that easily.
Angel was purely an attack type, it has NO close quarters defense, and as it was the same with Mikuni, it looks like he is easily exposed the Entre whenever it attacks, which I reckon is exactly why it is so easy to deal with. I believe Assets are divided by types, there are easy to go types, and easy to destroy types, physical types, and long range types, I reckon Angel (Karyuma is the name of the Asset btw, in case you wonder, Angel is the attack name) there is also no indication if Angel was a micro, or mezzo, so by right if a mezzo was to be launched it could easily overpower a micro. (Mashyu also previously demonstrated that her Mezzo was immensely powerful, and given the lead character hax at that it is probably even more so. But let's block off that latter bit for a while and realize that Mashyu has no real estimate how far her mezzo goes, as far as all is concerned, her mezzo may just be more powerful than Angel's)

I was under the impression that Mashyu using body defenses mean the money decrease slower, and seeing as he has already won last bout he may have a surplus to lose. Given this, launching two mezzos would be easy, or desperate.

Researcher lady is easily the most retarded I agree, her english is horrid, and her japanese is also no better as she seems to find rolling her tongue so hard...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:05:42 PM by ♛ Riko~Riko~kyun!! »

♛ Apher-Forte

This week episode look into the past, and the present...
I think I like how Mikuni's situation was that make him the super entre he is today, but similiarly, I guess you can say Mashyu's perspective is... typical, if not dull.

KrackoCloud

This anime is just getting crazier and crazier by the episode, isn't it? It's only the what, eighth episode and there's supposed to be 26 total. Nuts.

Also, differing color schemes is a nice touch.

♛ Apher-Forte

Ah yes, here I am wondering if in each different area there is a different Masakaki?

Spoiler:
and the way I see can see it, it seems Midas Money works on the basis of giving money to those who wants it now by taking the needy bits from the future, not so much as betting away one's future, but simply hammering at the collateral of everything including central circulation.

So say... if Singapore in this case (ugh, silly, it is the least likely Asian country to be hit by this) all the money has successfully been converted to nothing but Midas Money, then the country collapses because effectively Masakaki has control of everyone's future. A nation cannot exist without its future and its people, and it will get destroyed.

That said... did Cthulhu just descended and destroyed the financial district? 

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
It's actually pretty interesting what's going on, having watched the last episode. Basically Midas money works on nothing but futures, as far as we can see. At some point the Financial District's economy will have more stock invested in futures than in the present, which is, I'm pretty sure, the exact requirements needed for the formation of a bubble. The bubble pops, the District collapses, its real-world counterpart vanishes.

This seems intentionally orchestrated by clownface, so he's probably some sort of antagonist.

[edit] In fact, everything considered, it is my current theory that the Financial District is entirely malevolent. That means that Msyu, as an entity who exists entirely on the whim of the Financial District, has only about a 20% chance to survive the end of the series. Shame, I kinda liked her.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:08:15 AM by Fightest »

♛ Apher-Forte

I don't want to see that happened. but I hope Mashyu survives.

she is a nice girl and a nice character overall. in fact why I like this series is probably the improbable happen for her, the way she has feelings for her owner, and her entre, they way she responds to him and understands his way in his immature little world... maybe it is for the better... but I think I find it is what makes me glue to her. (though she does wear excessively little and looks like the daughter of OYAKATA SAMA)

Well, that said... I guess your theory can be right too... if your money is all invested in a bubble economy, so that bubble burst and effectively erases the entire country.

If so, then what be the ultimate goal of the financial district, is it for it to create some utopian land where nothing as money exist?
and how does Mashyu fight now with zero value?

Fightest

If so, then what be the ultimate goal of the financial district, is it for it to create some utopian land where nothing as money exist?

Pft no. It's there to destroy the world. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

KrackoCloud

Probably, or something similar. I doubt they're trying to create utopia, considering all the Financial District's suspicious characters and the 666 references.Maybe they just want to throw the world into chaos for kicks.

♛ Apher-Forte

Well, they do say money is the root source of evil, my line of thought is that, if money didn't exist would they be able to reform mankind ultimately?

♛ Apher-Forte

Warning: Capslock post

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING CUNTLASERS MACGUYVERS

THE LATEST EPISODE LITERALLY HAS MY HEART JUMPING OUTTA MY CHEST IN EXCITEMENT FUCK THAT CLIFFHANGER THE NEXT WEEK CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH.

Spoiler:
JESUS CUNTING FUCK HELL YEAH STRAUSS KAHN JUST MOTHERFUCKING BLOW BACK THE ENTIRE FUCKING [C] ON HIS OWN?

This episode topples everything in common sense, and just as expected, the verge of collapse, in making the powerful trust weak and useless, they have destablized the entire continent's economy, thus making the [C] inevitable, and probably reverse it by banking on the present to protect the futures of investment? This sounds like a plan... if only this was true for the 2008 economic crisis~!

OVERHEATED ECONOMY SUN LASER YO

Just saw the last ep and I have no idea what the hell is going on. From what I can see no matter who wins Japan will get destroyed.

Spoiler:
Also Masakaki sure chose a convenient time to mention the Darkness Card. How could nobody else notice that? I would think with something so special the guys fighting Yoga would notice it. Also why did the huge circle thingy say "WWTF IS YOURS" when Yoga got the Gearges?

♛ Apher-Forte

Spoiler:
Georges is not its real name and those were the abbrevations of its full name?

From what I understood, [C] is economic collapse, when a bubble burst housing markets and such get affected right? well [C] is basically that plus everything you can throw in it, it is the Great Depression x SSJ'ed form, enough to destroy all futures, past and present. The only way to insure it is to have enough money to bounce up your economy ie 2010-ish US rescue package like the one the feds injected into ~*~the economy~*~. It is both vital to economic survival and so on. Well, from what I can see, clearly the Masakaki of US knows at least who to kiss ass, He also mentioned a super entre, and many of them. Perhaps by effect, Mikuni is the only super Entre charged with handling the Darkness Card, believing at least, from the Financial District's point of view that he is the only one who knows how to use it as well as understanding the risks of it, but as it is, Mikuni seems to eager to spend, and overdraft everyone's future in exchange for a present. Perhaps at the time Masakaki also noticed that with the purchase of Georges, (of whatever his value was left) incidentally has given Yoga a black card, effectively cancelling out absolute control since... Yoga defeated whiny Insider manwhore/bitch?

Spoiler:
Doesn't Yoga have a black card from the start? Masakaki also mentions that this was an order from "above". It's also mentioned that Yoga's father had a similar asset so it could mean that he had a black card too. It is implied also that Yoga's father is still in the Financial District so maybe he somehow went "above" and passed on his card to Yoga? And anyway if Mikuni sacrifises the future in order to save the present wouldn't that only delay [C]? What does Yoga plan to do anyway if he wins? Also wondering if the actual King Midas fits anywhere in here. Maybe he's that giant Chtulu monster?

PS: American Masakaki looks like a dick.

If this discussion continues there weill be a lot of spoiler text.

KrackoCloud

I love how AmeriMasakaki doesn't get along well with the one from Japan. It's pointless in a way, yet makes the Financial District all the more fleshed out.

I'm pretty sure Yoga had a sun card, not darkness. We'll probably figure out next episode why the higher-ups decided to change his card.

And now I realize lots of things are named after economic terms. Even Pacman Defense!
Overheated Economy is nuts. You can only be so broken.
But look at Mikuni. If you think Micro-mezzo-macroflation is nuts, his card just sputtered a bunch of Ms!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:18:30 PM by KrackoClock »

Was focusing on the color so much I didn't notice the Icon.

Also in some Shin Megami Tensei games you can dodge Armageddon, I wonder if you could dodge Overheat Economy too...  :V

♛ Apher-Forte

Overheated Economy should have been called
Spoiler:
SUN RAY
(by courtesy of Flava Flav, and one of his songs in the background)

Spoiler:
anyway, you should realize AmeriMasakaki is Johnny Depp by now. (seriously I cannot unsee it)

Yoga originally had a Sun Card, its shape was that of the sun with half side the moon, perhaps as I mentioned it when he purchased Georges, he had something extra earned, maybe it changed his card into a darkness card.

Or yet again, it could be that the above already ordered for the change, whatever it was... the Above may have meant something.
I mean, the fact that MUA (Masyhu predecessor) was black, could have meant something, the way I see it, the woman (I still don't get her name so let's call her The Agent) Agent died, she implied she passed down the whole of Georges (that's as many as ten stocks) so this may have given a lot to Yoga.

Whether or not the value of how much money you have after you have consumed another Asset may prove to be the same as changing what your card is.

At least, this is what I assume.

Hmmm... after watching for a bit, it looks like although Agent managed to M&A Kakazuzu by force, she was unable to fully materialize Aurore. And from what I seen, it seems Q is a different type of Asset, it is acting on its own, and while it cannot do a Micro/Mezzo/Macro, it can perform dispersion of EBO on her own, and it looks like she too consumes a certain value when she does that, much like a Direct, except you don't see other Assets using Direct.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:59:36 AM by ♛ Riko~Riko~kyun!! »

Spoiler:
anyway, you should realize AmeriMasakaki is Johnny Depp by now. (seriously I cannot unsee it)
I cannot stop luaghing at this.   :D

Spoiler:
Well my prediction for the next episode is that King Midas decends from the heavens and turns Mikuni into gold and the day is saved!

Yeah right...

Fightest

I think we should stop with the spoilerblocks. Just put a [spoilers] tag in the title.

I'm really hoping the resolution of the series will be actually satisfying, because currently the writers are just pulling bullshit out of nowhere to make the story do whatever the hell they want. Overheated Economy - and, indeed Msyu in her entirety - might as well be called Deus Ex Machina at the moment.

That said, I do like Mikuni's gradual loss of perspective. He seemed pretty on-the-ball and reasonable at the beginning of the series. All it took was a series of increasingly poor decisions to turn him into the bad guy. Well done on that, show.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
After watching the most recent episode I can confirm that I dislike the show.  The closer we've gotten to the ending the less original the show has become and the more I've come to detest the characters.  Kimimaro is easily one of my least favorite MCs ever, and Mikuni is one of the more boring and stereotypical anime villains in a long time.  It's no longer engaging or even very interesting.  It does nothing new and is instead playing totally safe and staying right in line with the hundreds of other battle animes.  I thought C was above this, but I guess I was wrong.  Thank god there's only one episode left.

♛ Apher-Forte

Is that so?

I find it unique in that the way they deal out the battles. Perhaps it is not your thing then.
Personally I find it reflects a lot real life things: especially on the bit how if you so much as bet on the wrong side, you are dead for life.
The show is especially true on that, considering how Mikuni was all cool and easy... I would say it is even unsuspected, it is a kind of thing that seemed to be initiated by wrong decisions, while relfecting something like this: you know sometimes the wrong decisions are the right ones, buying his sister's future for example, but failing to save his own.

Perhaps the most defining thing was how Mikuni chose the most desperate method when in fact there are ways like Sennoza's method, which can save lives and yet expand horizons. Perhaps the show asks that you compare the perspectives of lives of the others who appeared thus far, and find in you if you may have symphathy for Mikuni? *They are successful in their own ways, living the philosophy they preach or not letting philosophy get in their way and just kept fighting because that is what they are told to do.  (you know, even the mid-age gangster guy with Mig has his own philosophy, just as the rest of them are acting upon the philosophy they force themselves to believe in, perhaps by acting out they also lose perspective because it reflects their weakness as human beings and being pawns to the Financial District?)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:10:39 PM by ♛ Riko~Riko~kyun!! »

Fightest

Mikuni is one of the more boring and stereotypical anime villains in a long time

This I will argue against. The show's been very good about Mikuni's progression from "sensible" to "bad," and there's no one episode where one can say is a turning point. It is clearly demonstrated how he and Yoga are very similar characters, facing off against each other across a series of increasingly terrible decisions. As a villain, he's strongly fleshed-out and humanly flawed, making him easy to sympathise with.

Boring? You're entitled to that opinion, no matter how incorrect it may be. Stereotypical? That's just objectively wrong.

[stealthedit] I like how

After watching the most recent episode I can confirm that I dislike the show.  The closer we've gotten to the ending the less original the show has become and the more I've come to detest the characters.  Kimimaro is easily one of my least favorite MCs ever, and Mikuni is one of the more boring and stereotypical anime villains in a long time.  It's no longer engaging or even very interesting.  It does nothing new and is instead playing totally safe and staying right in line with the hundreds of other battle animes.  I thought C was above this, but I guess I was wrong.  Thank god there's only one episode left.

borders so close to being a shameless trollpost. Derogatory, poorly-argued comments? Check. Sweeping generalisations? Check. Never again coming into the thread to see responses to the potentially inflammatory post? Check.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:44:34 PM by Fightest »

KrackoCloud

Well, it's over! It was a great 11 episodes.

Actually, I'm a bit disappointed the Financial District had such pure motives for seeming so twisted. But I guess it works for the anime.

Oh, and the FV=PV+1 thing was nice. Simple and powerful.