Author Topic: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic  (Read 31043 times)

Re: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »
I finally managed a flawless buster duel against Dynamo Man and Astro Man in Rockman and Forte. No damage, buster only with Forte.  :toot:

Those bosses have always been kicking my ass ever since I bought the game. Well, not so much Astro Man but Dynamo Man has. The problem with Astro Man was just getting that bloody no-damage battle with him.

He has some attacks, they are all very easy to dodge. That is until he introduces the concept "random dropping" where he just lands on you completely at random. So his battle isn't that much about skill but more about being in the right place at the right time.

Dynamo Man was a real pain for me. Would he stop jumping into that generator all the time? That is a very cheap move. Especially if he initiates that lightning orb attack right before he does it. That will leave you to dodge five bullets which is tough enough in itself with Bass and in the meantime, he will fully recover his life bar. The bastard finally died though and I was like "DIE MONSTER!"

That was a good moment for me. Now I'm only missing... Burner Man - the guy whose strategy combines insane speed, some epic dodges and a proper allignment of the planets.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2011, 08:23:07 PM »
Would he stop jumping into that generator all the time? That is a very cheap move.
He can only do it once per battle as far as I know. Plus, since you're Bass, you can just fire straight up at the charger thingies instead of needing to use the platforms. It does suck when he does the lightning ball attack beforehand, though.

As for Burner Man, he's easier with Bass too since you can dash-double-jump over him if he corners you with the flamethrower.

« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »
He can definitely jump into that generator more than once. I have had it happen to me as much as three times in one battle. Bass at least makes dealing with the generator a more simple task.

As for Burner Man. I'm not really sure if Megaman's sliding under him or Bass' jumping over him is the more tricky maneuvr to perform. Since I don't care about Megaman in that game, because really the game is made with Bass in mind, I probably won't find out.

Oh and I forgot that I hadn't buster duelled with Astro Man yet. I went ahead and did that. The thing is the majority of his attacks are very easy to dodge but there is still somewhat of a luck factor to him in that sense that he can randomly crash into him, completely unpredictably, or after his copy shot he might crash right into you when he is done. I might be able to find another way to dodge that attack that will leave me safe however. And I did manage a flawless battle against him. He wasn't too bad. A little annoying at times though.

Oh and Cold Man, Pirate Man, Magic Man and Drill Man are all pushovers. Its a shame that half the cast of robot masters are pushovers. And Tengu Man goes quite trivial with Bass as well.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:30:59 AM by Zengeku »

Jitters

• Hyperactive Dreamer
  • Becuase None Of Us Are Normal
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »
The (One and) only 'Awesome' Moment I will forever cherish.
When I could defeat three Level 9 CPU's, and clear all Single Player Modes on Hard (Or above? I forget the Difficulty Ranking) without getting a Game Over once, as Roy on Super Smash Bros. Meele.

Those were the good days.
Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2011, 03:52:13 PM »
Just cleared The Kid's warp zone in Super Meat Boy in under 10 minutes on the PC version.

It took me several hours when I first did it on 360.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2011, 05:16:49 AM »
I played that game for the first time a couple days ago.
I beat the first half of Hell in Super Meat Boy for a friend

in a little over 5 minutes

*sunglasses*

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2011, 05:33:14 PM »
Beating Shadow Complex with 3% of the items.
It was the greatest thing I have ever done in any video game ever.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
Beating Shadow Complex with 3% of the items.
It was the greatest thing I have ever done in any video game ever.
Videos or it didn't happen.

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2011, 06:46:56 PM »
Videos or it didn't happen.
Brb going back in time by about a year :V

« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »
Beat Megaman 9 without dying. Missed the Master Tank in the fortress so I had to deal with certain stuff without weapons that I used to use weapons on. The final boss fight is fun.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »
My weapons setup in Borderlands is so boss I can't stand it. A scoped electric pistol, a scoped fire sub-machine gun, a rocket launcher called the Leviathan that shoots rockets rapid fire style, and an acid sniper rifle with the scope featuring the visual display and dot as opposed to the scrawled reticule on the other ones.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2011, 03:34:46 PM »
If it's not a Hellfire SMG, you're doing it wrong.

Who are you playing as?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
Quintuplet zombie kills as a human in zombie mode 2 in Counter-Strike Online, then TWELVE consecutive kills as a zombie in a single round.

omigawsh.

Being persistent is  :] :] :] :]

Spoiler:
ANOTHER ZOMBIE IS COMING

Me: Crap.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »
Completed Mother 1 and Mother 3 within the past week, which means I have finished all three games now.

Such a silly, charming series. :3

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2011, 05:10:08 PM »
If it's not a Hellfire SMG, you're doing it wrong.

Who are you playing as?
Heck yeah. Orange rarity. No ammo regen?! It must be crap!

Playing as Mordecai. Figured Bloodwing would be a fun action skill as opposed to the others and I have an affinity for sniping anyway.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16