Author Topic: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic  (Read 31044 times)

Fossil Goo

• UZUMAKI POKEMON
  • OMUNAITO
    • Doodle Blog I have
Re: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Topic
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2011, 03:54:52 AM »
In B/W, you have a very small chance of getting a special capture animation triggered - the sounds are different, the ball literally zooms across to them, and then only shakes once before capturing.

I think it's a flat 1% chance or something.
....wow, I had no idea it was that low, seeing as how I've gotten like six of them so far.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2011, 09:15:27 AM »
Bahahahahaha! It works in a proper way again!

(it being my PS2)

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2011, 07:18:25 PM »
I absolutely love the Quiz event in Mabinogi. Why? I made 350k gold from selling golden tickets (obtained from getting a quiz question correct).
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2011, 12:45:48 AM »
So, here's the scene.

We have a party of eight people, and we're fighting a skeletal army. Most of it is low level. A couple skeletal birds, 8 level 1 skeletons, 4 skeletal halberdiers, 4 skeletal archers, and a few uniques. One of them is styled after the grim reaper, wearing a hood and wielding a scythe. He's basically made to kill you if he ever gets a critical hit. Another is a cold elemental that's ~*~eeeeeeeeevil~*~. A third is this zombie noble type guy, kinda high up on things, doesn't really do the fighting so much as was there to help the army find what we were looking for. The fourth is a skeletal commander with lots of leadership like stuff that keeps his army together.

Anyway, the zombie noble basically said that he didn't want to be a part of this fight. After all, it'd be TERRIBLE to risk his life. This was said in goblin, the ~*~sekrit language~*~ of the skeletal army. My character, Shoe, is the only one in the party that knows Goblin. So she's heard this. The fighting starts, and the first round, she says "Hey, Zombie! If you surrender now we'll let you live!" (or something to that effect), and he kind of hesitates, but proceeds. Can't do anything yet since his spells are generally close range. We beat up a few things, and at some point our meat shields completely DESTROY a skeletal bird, among other things. tl;dr we hurt them lots, at least the lower level cannon fodder. Next round Shoe tries again "You still have your chance. You saw what we just did. There won't be any issues if you do, since your leader will just be so many bones when we're done!" (again, something to that effect). At this point, the skeletal commander is like "IF YOU DESERT I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND FEED YOU TO MY WARGS", and gets a 31 on his intimidate check against the guy. Now, let me note at this point Shoe is far from a diplomancer. Her skills are generally more magic related and her CHA is 10, meaning no bonus. Stuffman is like "Yeah, there's no possible way you can defeat this intimidate check with any of your skills". I'm like "Oh? WELL I'M GOING TO TRY ANYWAY! HEY, PARTY, AID OTHER HERE!" and then I roll diplomacy. I roll a 19. Pretty good, but far from my goal. Then one of the meat shields, Axis, chimes in, beats the DC 10 for Aid Other (actually gets a 28, but we have to use my check since I started this ball rolling). So that's +2. Then another meat shield and a caster, Kaoli and Liadan add to it. They both succeed, granting another +4. So now I'm at +6, or 25. Even our pacifist healer, Mina, helps out (probably because it was sparing a guy). She succeds. Another +2. A few of our people were missing so I had to roll for them. First one is Alric, and he rolls a 1. So, doesn't help. Then June, our scout/ranger goes for it. Makes it, despite having a -1 to CHA. So that's 29 at this point. Finally, we come to our Bard, Rin, who LITERALLY CANNOT FAIL THE CHECK. So now I have 31 Diplomacy vs. the commander's 31 Intimidate. The DM is basically like "OK, this is going to coin flip". He rolls a 1d2. 1 is that the intimidate check wins and the zombie stays. 2 is that the zombie gets the fuck out of there. After a tense moment, the roll comes up two.

So out of sheer luck with some mechanical abuse, my pretty much unpersuasive character manages to get one of a skeleton commander's army to flee. And mostly on a whim too. I didn't actually expect it to go to rolls, but when Stuffs rolled intimidate I decided to go for it.

That's like, the coolest thing she's ever done.

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2011, 01:36:46 AM »
I just figured out how to get into one of the glitch spots on Glacier in Halo: Reach Firefight. That adds a first glitch spot that i can get the firefight idlers killed from.

Only problem is I don't think it's possible to get out of it without a death, so it'd only be for if I died earlier in a round. Thankfully not many of them know that trick.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2011, 03:07:10 AM »
It's official. The MegaTen series/universe(s) is simply made of some sort of concentrated awesome. Finally started playing Devil Summoner (first PS2 one).

What do I get introduced to? Badass motherfucking detective/devil summoner with a bitching cape and nice hat who takes on DEMONS with a sword and pistol!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2011, 05:16:04 AM »
It's official. The MegaTen series/universe(s) is simply made of some sort of concentrated awesome. Finally started playing Devil Summoner (first PS2 one).

What do I get introduced to? Badass motherfucking detective/devil summoner with a bitching cape and nice hat who takes on DEMONS with a sword and pistol!
You're gonna like the second one when you play it, then. ;P

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2011, 08:07:18 AM »
Finally got Taric on League of Legends.

For those of us who are unawares, either don't play LoL or don't deal with Taric often, he's a tanking character with the ability to heal. His heal is routed through him, so whoever he heals, he heals himself for the same amount. Melee attacks knock 2 seconds off his cooldown, as well as all melee attacks passively restoring mana. His ultimate skill is like a channeled Heal Over Time spell for himself, as well as an attack damage buff for your allies. He has another passive skill that increases his armor to monstrous levels.

Turrets are set up at regular intervals in the lanes in LoL matches, and with the gameplay mechanics, they target the first target in range, then from there go through a list - AI controlled bots, AI controlled bots attacking allied Champions, or Champions attacking allied Champions. In other words, if you hit an enemy near one of their turrets, the turret immediately targets  you.
The final nail in the coffin when it comes to turrets is that they deal ramping damage. Each consecutive shot deals more damage than the last, so the longer you get hit, the faster you die.

Our team grouped up and rushed their base from one of the lanes that still had all but one turret in it, and I took the lead. Having built my items around + to HP and + to HP regen items, I pretty much hurled myself at the turrets and took the brunt of their assault.

Three full turrets later, not a one of our teammates died because of my tanking and healing, and then we get into their base itself and I assault their Nexus turrets. The Nexus is defended by two turrets, not just one, so they both hit you as you're attacking.

I killed the one turret, and if two enemy champions hadn't been wailing on me too, I probably would've been able to rally my team around me and take out the last turret, as well.

We rolled pretty much their entire team in the process, and caught 'em all off guard. It was AMAAAAAAAAZING

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »
Bahahahahaha! It works in a proper way again!

(it being my PS2)

I got mine shortly after launch date like 11 years ago.
I know exactly how this feels.

Random brain-game EEEEEs
Brain Age: 20 years
Big Brain Academy: 1935g (A+) <-this was fucking hard to do shut up

FINISHED KH 358 FINALLLLLLLY
YES YES YESSSS
A little bit easier than I remember but YES

And, as it would turn out, I didn't have 103 million in EBA, I had 99,300,000.
The thing is, every song on Cruisin, Sweatin, and Hard Rock were S'ed and nearly ALL 300
Making up 700,000 points of improvements on Breezin' was so aggravating
I Was Born To Love You is the worst song fuckin' ever

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2011, 06:00:16 AM »
Mabinogi.

I was puttering around on my new Giant, hunting those physis dingoes far northwest of vales, and I get a huge lucky finish worth at least 2.5k.
Cue me jumping for joy.
I also snagged the lucky title.
My exact words upon that happening?
"Looks like the White Rabbit of Good Fortune has taken a liking to me."
Fitting, as I was using the Giant's Mallet starter weapon, which is wooden.
Tewi's signature item aside from her carrot pendant is generally a wooden mochi mallet, correct?
So it kinda makes sense doesn't it?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »
Stumbled upon and downloaded this fun MMO shooter called MicroVolts. Graphically it looks a bit like TF2, but I haven't played TF2, so...
It also has Haruhi Suzumiya! :D
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

wooterz

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2011, 04:11:59 PM »
Stumbled upon and downloaded this fun MMO shooter called MicroVolts. Graphically it looks a bit like TF2, but I haven't played TF2, so...
It also has Haruhi Suzumiya! :D

Oh, you mean the korean TF2 ripoff game? I didn't know it was being released over here.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
Oh, you mean the korean TF2 ripoff game? I didn't know it was being released over here.
Yes. It's quite fun, so you should give the game a chance.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2011, 06:15:23 AM »
Speaking of LoL (a few posts ago), Lux is free this week, which is great cause I wanted to play as her.  I went against bots to try and learn her.  Had Annie and Miss Fortune against us.  Learned a little bit in to set back and shield everyone.  And then I got Master Spark Finales Funkeln.  We started pushing up the middle.  I killed Annie and Nexus at the same time!  At least I think I did.  I killed Annie with it, but not sure if it was just awesome timing or what, but the Nexus fell right after her. 

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2011, 06:17:25 AM »
Speaking of LoL (a few posts ago), Lux is free this week, which is great cause I wanted to play as her.  I went against bots to try and learn her.  Had Annie and Miss Fortune against us.  Learned a little bit in to set back and shield everyone.  And then I got Master Spark Finales Funkeln.  We started pushing up the middle.  I killed Annie and Nexus at the same time!  At least I think I did.  I killed Annie with it, but not sure if it was just awesome timing or what, but the Nexus fell right after her. 

iirc you can't damage buildings with special attacks so yeah

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2011, 06:30:19 AM »
Only... uh. Rammus's ultimate, from what I recall.

Amazing timing, though! And speaking of which: I was either in a game or watching a buddy play when they surrendered just before their Nexus went down. Two explosions right after another made my day. :V

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2011, 07:16:29 AM »
Yaay finally finished Dragon Age 2. Nothing like staying up until 2 AM to finish the ending sequence for an awesome game.

I wanted to strangle a certain party member near the end there though.[/

Spoiler:
Seriously Anders, what the hell? BLOWING UP THE CHANTRY WHEN THINGS WERE NOT AT OPEN WAR YET IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THINGS BETTER YOU IDIOT! Heck yeah I'm going to tell you to GO AWAY when I get the option, that was seriously a REALLY FREAKING STUPID move.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »
Not the most achievementy of achievements

but I beat Durmite yesterday in M&L3.

I'm doing a no dodging run.
(exceptions include oneshot attacks)

Tpyical series of events:
-Attacks twice (does 13 damage each.)
-Spawns a straw
-Biffiduses appear
-Biffiduses attack
-I'm left with 10 HP each and have to heal with nuts. So I do.
-Biffiduses atttack
-Fire Flower
-Syrup
-Straw heals. 40 HP returns.
-Boss attacks three times.
-Healing
-Straw
-Attacks straw
-Hammers boss
-Boss attacks two times
-Straw
-Biffiduses appear

And this went on
for thirty minutes

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2011, 12:00:10 AM »
That's the first time I've really pulled off an Axtinguisher rampage.  10 kills with the thing before a demo took me down.  Followed by a 5-kill soldier life and a 9-kill demo.

Why don't I always play like this?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2011, 02:31:49 AM »
That's the first time I've really pulled off an Axtinguisher rampage.  10 kills with the thing before a demo took me down.  Followed by a 5-kill soldier life and a 9-kill demo.

Why don't I always play like this?

Because then it wouldn't be fun for your opponents.
This is actually my friends justification for why he doesn't try in Halo, and it's not said ironically or sarcastically. He really is capable of shutting down the entire enemy team when he actually tries, even with minimal support from the rest of his team.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2011, 02:37:39 AM »
So yeah, yesterday I was pulling my hair out trying to finish this one mission in Korean Elsword in less than 9 minutes. I unfortunately failed.

Today an update happens and what does the log says?

IT CHANGED FROM 9 MINUTES TO 12 MINUTES TIME LIMIT.

FUCKING YES

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2011, 02:43:17 AM »
Lilligant in Pok?mon White is mean.  It comes with Own Tempo which prevents confusion and learns Petal Dance at LV48 which is as strong as SolarBeam but causes confusion after two turns, except it doesn't!  Also she learns Quiver Dance which ups her Sp. Atk, Sp. Def., and Spd.  And that's on top of her already high speed and Sp. Atk.  And I kept Sleep Powder on her.  I went through all 21 battles of the Single Subway like this = Turn 1: Sleep Power, Turn 2:  Quiver Dance, Turn 3-??: Petal Dance.  And I just put her on my team cause I wanted a "Yuuka."   :V

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2011, 06:14:15 AM »
And I thought Cloyster with Shell Smash, Skill Link and Icicle Spear was broken. XP

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2011, 06:50:23 AM »
Nothing like a triple kill with a single Master Spark in League of Legends. Just so gratifying to have the other team assume you're just going for crowd-control abilities, but suddenly you get the Deathcap and your Ability Power leaps through the roof. Now, you're quite abruptly very dangerous. And from very far away.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »
Speaking of abruptly dangerous, I finally beat Zoe and Mr. Lobster in Monster Tale this morning after several tries. Turns out you can dash multiple times in a row, which I didn't know about until now. :P What I also didn't know was that the boss fight was glitched somehow, sometimes he'd roll off the side of the screen and never come back if you had too many pet items being used or something. I'll forgive Dreamrift since glitches happen, and I was able to figure out all the boss' patterns pretty much on my own. ^_^

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2011, 02:19:10 AM »
Sonic Colors' challenge mode complete in 83 minutes.

...I wasn't even trying that hard?

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2011, 02:37:30 PM »
Just tried fighting Phanter Cantus(Ultimate Boss) in TWEWY again, and holy crap these things hit HARD (I'm taking 1K damage per hit with max defense, while the final boss deals measly 160 damage.)

First I went with the good ol' cheapo method of Wolf Abusing, but then I tried doing it with the blacklit planets, didn't work...

I then created a new set from scratch and HOLYCRAP did it work, it was tough, but I made it.

Also, FREAKIN' MOON DROP FINISH FOR THE WIN.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
Sonic Colors' challenge mode complete in 83 minutes.

...I wasn't even trying that hard?
Do it faster. FASTER. Speedcapture that SoB.

Speaking of wins, I surpassed 140 million in Bejeweled 3 Classic. Holy crap, I'm starting to think I'm becoming a god at this game.  BV

« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2011, 08:17:45 PM »
The random number gods gave me a Ponyta as my capturable pokemon right when I wanted it. :D
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2011, 05:47:29 AM »
Pokemon White, up against
Spoiler:
Ghestis
. My team is getting utterly rolled, and I'm down to my last, Vanilluxe. It would take a miracle to not lose here.

The miracle happens. Fire Blast misses. I promptly strike back with Ice Beam, taking out Hydreigon and paving the way for a comeback. I start spraying Max Revives all over, and my team promptly rolls over the opponent in short order.