Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 150106 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
So. Many. Deaths. On. MoF. Stage. 4. (Normal) AARGH.

I only beat that stage once, and I had to quit playing and do something else while I was trying to beat MoF Stage 6.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Either I fail at Hina's Midboss spellcard or it's made of epic clipdeath.

No miss until this point...

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
 :(
I hate it when that happens.  WHICH IS ALL THE TIME, MoF and after.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Either I fail at Hina's Midboss spellcard or it's made of epic clipdeath.
It's static, as far as I know.

No miss until this point...
Wait, you moved above the bottom at that point? Is there something I'm missing?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

So. Many. Deaths. On. MoF. Stage. 4. (Normal) AARGH.

I only beat that stage once, and I had to quit playing and do something else while I was trying to beat MoF Stage 6.

Bomb the zigzag waterfall things if needed (the one after Momiji is worse), lure all the fairies right before Momiji to the left side of the screen, be ready to bomb on Momiji, bomb anything that's clusterfucking you, bomb anything of Aya's that you don't think you can make.  Pretty much everything that isn't Momiji, a superfairy, or those bats at the end is aimed, so you can just stream the whole stage more or less.  You may want to bomb or deathbomb if you see a lot of faith items you can't get to as well, but I'll leave that up to you.

Wait, you moved above the bottom at that point? Is there something I'm missing?

Well, the first death was at the bottom of the screen. The second was me getting pissed off at my death and getting all up in Kanako's grill, only to pay for my anger shortly after.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
That nonspell at Hard difficulty is actually supposed to be done around 1/3 up from the bottom of the screen. You can handle it there the same way as it's done on lunatic.

Also, I'm way to sick to be playing anything. I doubt I'll be able to participate in this tournament.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
Derp deaths at the beginning of my PCB survival runs always feel like a waste of time. Maybe I should hold off on it for a day or two, refresh myself and all that jazz.

That nonspell at Hard difficulty is actually supposed to be done around 1/3 up from the bottom of the screen. You can handle it there the same way as it's done on lunatic.

Also, I'm way to sick to be playing anything. I doubt I'll be able to participate in this tournament.
It can be handled at the bottom the same way as on Lunatic (the timing you need is slightly different, but only slightly). No need to move up at all.

Also, get well soon.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
This is accomplishment and failure all rolled into one ...

The accomplishment: Perfect hard Cirno fight, after getting live recording working without a huge drop in framerate (so yes, I didn't get ⑨'d by Perfect Freeze like I normally do :p)
The failure: Camstudio wouldn't save the video. :derp:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:23:54 AM by jc_foster »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Two deaths on Wizard Fox Thoughts.
Two deaths on Unilateral Contract.
A death on Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser.

Entering Izuna Gongen with 0/4.

Dying with 10% HP left 2,000 points from a Border.

The only video in the world that can make through all that I am feeling as of this moment

Jaimers

Wauw, MoF does not like the V-Sync patch on this new computer.

It says it runs at 60 fps, but the fps is stuttery as hell and it's really hard to follow the bullets.
When played without the patch, MoF has absolutely terrible input lag. Which I find odd, as the game is not supposed to have much input lag at all? It's like PCB bad here.
...I have no idea what's going on here.

The other games don't seem to have this problem. Danmakufu on the other hand does.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...

It says it runs at 60 fps, but the fps is stuttery as hell and it's really hard to follow the bullets.
When played without the patch, MoF has absolutely terrible input lag. Which I find odd, as the game is not supposed to have much input lag at all? It's like PCB bad here.

The other games don't seem to have this problem. Danmakufu on the other hand does.

If it means anything, a similar thing happened to me. When I got my new computer back in 2009, PCB and IN became really stuttery (and PC-98 as well but that's a more easy fix). I had no idea what caused it, and several months later the problem went away. Doesn't help, but it might be some strange transient problem your computer will fix on its own.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

If it means anything, a similar thing happened to me. When I got my new computer back in 2009, PCB and IN became really stuttery (and PC-98 as well but that's a more easy fix). I had no idea what caused it, and several months later the problem went away. Doesn't help, but it might be some strange transient problem your computer will fix on its own.

That actually is still happening to me. To fix it, I minimize the game and then make it pop back up. It's the weirdest thing.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
I restarted playing Double Spoiler and stopped just as quickly. I have been thoroughly reminded why I don't find this particular branch of Touhou fun at all. I'm stopping somewhere around stage 8 and I'm far better for it.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Try this:

Right click th10.exe, go to properties, click the compatability tab and check "Disable desktop composition" or something similar. Touhou games don't seem to like those transparency effects on some computers.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Try this:

Right click th10.exe, go to properties, click the compatability tab and check "Disable desktop composition" or something similar. Touhou games don't seem to like those transparency effects on some computers.
I would recommend doing that to almost every game. SA and UFO don't need it on Windows 7 (or at least my machine).
Also, since it's related to this, does anyone else know what these options are?
SleepType = 1
BltPrepareTime = 4
AutoBltPrepareTime = 1
AlwaysBlt = 0

I have no idea what Blt is.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Jaimers

Try this:

Nope, no dice. No idea what's with this thing.

In other related news, it's really hard to dodge bullets when you're coughing up a storm.  :derp:

Yeah that would explain how you could die at PCB Stage 2.  ;)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
AGABDGASGSDAGSFBHGHASGAVASHYNG. Just had a NDNB run for the tournament and after 30+ tries I get all the way to Ran (except broken border on Red & Blue Oni, but that's obvious). Then mom starts a vacuum cleaner near me and I somehow mess up the rhytm on Wizard Fox Thoughts of all damn things because I can't hear the explosions and I take a hit. And I said before that I'll do the cleaning myself. FUCK THIS SHIT!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:10:03 PM by Critz »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Bury in Lake is amusing.

I tried it in Lunatic for the first time today and I ended up timing it out perfectly because Patchy refused to get shot and I refused to put myself in danger.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
PCB Extra. With the exception of Chen (who I'm actually starting to crack now if my last run was any indication) I can get to Ran in very good shape. Now I know that Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser is a straightforward (and therefore easy) card. Dodge stream, graze lasers. In fact, I caught it on my first go. Not on my laptop, so my records say I have still yet to do so; after how many times getting to Ran.

Why you ask?

BECAUSE I KEEP RUNNING CLEAN INTO THE SIDE OF A LASER WHEN I KNOW IT'S THERE!!! EVERY BLOODY TIME! >__________<

It's like I'm forever stuck there now and it's becoming stupid.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
I failed at Boundary of Humans and Youkai and lost my last life when the counter was at 01 =(

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
Uggh i finally beat sa extra for the first time and I used marisaA to be different =/  The failure?  Once the dialogue had finished my computer crashed and I couldn't save the replay!  It was a pretty good run too T.T
2lazy2createbettersig

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
I'm trying to go through SA Lunatic with MarisaA as a challenge. I must be going through a masochistic phase or something. ::)

I must be going through a masochistic phase or something. ::)

Oh, ye of such obliviousness. Come with me young padawan, let me show you the ways of the Masochist.
Spoiler:
At delicous 90fps

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Oh, ye of such obliviousness. Come with me young padawan, let me show you the ways of the Masochist.
Spoiler:
At delicous 90fps
Spoiler:
With the Black Squares mod.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
That needs to happen.

Although 90FPS plus no-visible-hitbox is probably ten thousand times more doable.

Drake

well i just plain suck at touhou today i guess

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Spoiler:
With the Black Squares mod.
That needs to happen.

Although 90FPS plus no-visible-hitbox is probably ten thousand times more doable.

Pick the game, let's do it.