Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 149563 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Don't give up on it. It's a damn stressful game until you clear it, for sure, but that just makes finally getting the 1cc all the more rewarding. While there are... various colourful opinions on UFO, it's a perfectly fair game - just a particularly difficult one. You're almost there, don't quit now. :V
Let's fight.

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
Reach Nue with 4/5ths of a life left.
Game over on first card.

How does that even happen.
 >:(

blackrider19

• Ideas are bulletproof... not spark-proof
yuugi brings nightmares

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
Guess what I found out just now!

UFOs......

CAN KILL YOU!

That's right people, watch in astounding horror as the very thing that gives you life....
Takes it from you in the blink of an eye.  :ohdear:

link:http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=13275
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Guess what I found out just now!

UFOs......

CAN KILL YOU!

That's right people, watch in astounding horror as the very thing that gives you life....
Takes it from you in the blink of an eye.  :ohdear:

link:http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=13275
Not all that surprising when you realize that everything that moves in these games that isn't a collectible item is OUT TO KILL YOU!!! :V (well, ALMOST everything.....)

(well, ALMOST everything.....)
Yeah, in Mystic Square Sara shoots AWAY from you... Even on Lunatic.  She almost makes Cirno look like a genius =p.

But aside from that, I can't really think of non-collectibles that aren't out to kill you... Maybe your own shots I guess <_<.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
Well granted, everything that isnt a red or blue square is gonna kill you, but I never figured ufo's could. It just blew my mind when it happened.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
everything that isnt a red or blue square is gonna kill you
> "Barrage X from a Wandering Star"

???

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
what I meant by that was point/power items.

> "Barrage X from a Wandering Star"

???
That's a pink square!

I died 4 times on MoF using MarisaB on my let's try out MarisaB run.

pineyappled

Foggy London Dolls
PFTTTTTTTTT

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Gameover by Desire Sign.
AAAAAAA

So... anyone succeeded at capturing the Lunatic version of that Score Desire card? Oh and you get entirely too little time on capturing Zombie Loli's first card.

So... anyone succeeded at capturing the Lunatic version of that Score Desire card?

Yes? Her non-cards are worse.

ichirin, Yuugi, Nitori, Keine, I take back everything I've ever said about you, every complaint I've ever made about you. At least you don't heal yourself to 150% health as your attacks go on.

I swear if the Extra boss has that healing gimmick in the finished game I'm just gonna cry.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

pineyappled

I seem to have a habit of crashing backwards into bullets.

Yes? Her non-cards are worse.

I've been able to pull those off with pretty nicely and those are sometimes really cool. But she keeps healing herself at that final card before I manage to take her out.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
I seem to have a habit of crashing backwards into bullets.
I don't do that, nope. Not at all. >_>
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

I swear if the Extra boss has that healing gimmick in the finished game I'm just gonna cry.

I don't think there is a reason to fear that. Its probably a skill exclusive to the Stage 3 boss. At least the healing is not a gimmick that will kill you as both of the spells that utilizes it aren't too bad if you settle with just timing them out.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Foggy London Dolls
PFTTTTTTTTT
That card can go die in a fire.  Seriously, I despise looking at it on anything above Easy, haha.  Usually where my first life loss goes in my Normal runs.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
I've yet to capture Chalk White Russian Dolls =C
Also, why is Stygian Riverside easier to capture than Prism Concerto? (Or, at least IMO)

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Yesterday, I tried an IaMP normal run with Sakuya, and I failed it on Suika's bouncing fireball spell, whatever it was called. Tried today, same spot. The spell that really killed my lives were the Yukari lasers. Seriously, why is it so hard to manuever through those, and why is she always grazing and blocking? It's kinda hard to deliver a hit when you can't. >:(
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

At least normal doesn't have the retarded [practically] unavoidable triple-bottom lasers.  That said, if you're having that much trouble with it, you're probably not doing it right.  Just remember that the AI is like a complete beginner who has really good button-mashing reflextes, so your best bet is not care about getting hit and just bust their shit up like so.  You won't get anywhere if you keep trying to dodge every hit and just tap them with a bullet when you can... Especially not on unblockable, ungrazable attacks like the lasers, or screen flooders like the fireballs.

I went for some pacifist fun in the TD trial and... is it just me being terribad or is Nether Sign "Endless Evening Cherry Blossoms" last 15 seconds really hard to dodge on lunatic. It's like it got a timeout phase or something.

Another thing I can't seem to get past without shooting is the kunai orbs in stage 2. The stages are not designed to be pacified this time around I guess.

Nevermind it's clearly not that hard.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:13:08 PM by 633IDK »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

I went for some pacifist fun in the TD trial and... is it just me being terribad or is Nether Sign "Endless Evening Cherry Blossoms" last 15 seconds really hard to dodge on lunatic. It's like it got a timeout phase or something.

It appears that the card does indeed get harder over time. How much it means aside from some more bullets to dodge I can't really say for sure right now since I am pretty much disabled from doing anything right now due to illness. I died twice to the stage if that's an indicator.

The combined efforts of fevor and nasty headache is really limiting. It would be an interesting challenge to undertake when I get better.

It appears that the card does indeed get harder over time. How much it means aside from some more bullets to dodge I can't really say for sure right now since I am pretty much disabled from doing anything right now due to illness. I died twice to the stage if that's an indicator.

The combined efforts of fevor and nasty headache is really limiting. It would be an interesting challenge to undertake when I get better.

Ouch, get well soon. I'm sure you could do it, it's probably not harder than Peerless Wind God.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Ouch, get well soon. I'm sure you could do it, it's probably not harder than Peerless Wind God.

Thank you :) Being sick really sucks. However, I believe this might be more difficult than Peerless Wind God. Peerless Wind God doesn't last very long and the amount of directions stuff can come from is greater.

We shall see once my illness is over. Things tend to get easier when you can think and breathe unhindered.

Peerless Wind God strat works for timing it out, I just derped it though.

Peerless Wind God strat works for timing it out, I just derped it though.

corner hugging?