Author Topic: [Music+Art] Making Melody Needs Love! Battle's Palette (OC Theme) (2/22/12)  (Read 186676 times)

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
Mastering and stuff
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2011, 02:45:32 AM »
Kindly Destruction ~ A Calm, Stealthy Berserker (Final Mastering)

Youtube
Requested by SwerveStarEx (from Youtube)

I noticed that the track in the above post was still lacking in quality (Drums are too low, but the metal percussions are too loud, especially the reverse cymbals).

I did a little tweaking in the equalizers (which I often don't do...oh wait, I haven't done that before~ >.<) and found out that I can filter out the unwanted noises from the samples using FL's Parametric EQ, though it's a little clumsy (I can't use it on a channel that uses more than two octave's worth of frequency). Also, I have to split each Drum sample to be able to apply different EQ settings on each. XD

Still, I did a little more tweaking on this theme than what I usually do, and I think it came out a little more clearer and cleaner this time around.

Also, youtube link.

...is it just me, or it sounds too RPG-ish?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:50:13 AM by Anunsew (安宇NSEW) »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Re: [Music+Art] Making Melodies needs coffee, love...and Updates!
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2011, 02:50:49 AM »
That is a really good theme. Any chance I can have a link to your characters fanfiction, if he has any?

Anunsew

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2011, 02:54:52 AM »
That is a really good theme. Any chance I can have a link to your characters fanfiction, if he has any?

It would be good if you can ask the requestor themselves, since they just give me the basic profile and overview for the characters.

Sorry if I couldn't be of more help. >.<

Letty Whiterock

Anunsew

« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2011, 03:49:15 AM »
This is for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u0h2GXOlk
The 700 combo marker just blew me away. :D

I didn't realize her theme was that fast-paced. XD
Also, thanks for using her theme and giving me a link, much appreciated. :)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2011, 05:46:54 AM »
Hm, that last song is actually really awesome. Gotta say, you're amazing.

Though I kind of have to comment...

Calm Berserker

Quite a paradox you have there :V

Anunsew

« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2011, 07:35:36 AM »
Hm, that last song is actually really awesome. Gotta say, you're amazing.

Though I kind of have to comment...

Quite a paradox you have there :V

I'm not the one who thought of the title so my hands are squeaky, sparkly clean.
...lemon scented...

The requestor's the one who gave the title so...I used it because I'm too lazy to think of a more suitable one.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:38:37 AM by Anunsew (安宇NSEW) »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
Who was the requester? I still wanna know more about that OC, because i fucking love OCs. :V

Anunsew

« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2011, 08:25:54 AM »
Who was the requester? I still wanna know more about that OC, because i fucking love OCs. :V

SwerveStarEx from Youtube.
PM him in Youtube for more information.

Anunsew

Trying to deviate from my normal approach
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2011, 05:37:54 AM »

...Naturally, I do not know what happened to this piece as I was composing it. I was going for something different (whether I was planning to do Trance or Techno, I can't really tell), and then changed my mind midway. Not that I'm really acquainted with techno or trance anyway. :3

I tried starting with a little dissonant effect, while trying to achieve the same feeling of the original arrangement. Also, I tried messing with PoiZone and various portamento effects. But I think it turned out a little bit chaotic. XD

Also, even if I tried turning down the high frequency sounds using an Equalizer, I wasn't able to fully clean the piece since I still lack the know-how of what each frequency does. XD

...Cymbals are hard to use. :/
Anyways, it's more of a final draft of some sort, I might finish it tomorrow. :P
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:41:45 AM by Anunsew (安宇NSEW) »

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
Hmmm the quality of your sound fiiles keep gettin better Anney, keep it up =O

And dont feel bad, I cant mix at all XD Have no idea what the frequencies mean, I just turn knobs till it sounds decent. So I think this is fine.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2011, 03:08:57 PM »
lol this sounds better than my techno already xD
I very much approve. Flandre needs more love.

Anunsew

Final Version of Invitation by U.N Owen + Youtube upload
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2011, 02:50:54 AM »
Invitation by U.N Owen
by: Precision

Youtube

This version is still messy, but it's the best I can do for now. >.<
I added some boost to the bass, to make it stronger. Added some emphasis to dissonant tones in certain parts (can you find them all, kashira?) Also, repeated the last part to make it much more interesting. Added another part to the ending, aside from the usual fadeouts. XD

Hmmm the quality of your sound fiiles keep gettin better Anney, keep it up =O

And dont feel bad, I cant mix at all XD Have no idea what the frequencies mean, I just turn knobs till it sounds decent. So I think this is fine.

Thanks, I'm trying to develop a technique in the mixing-mastering process. So far, i can mix up to ten tracks without much problem, especially if they are acoustic sounding instruments (this piece has twenty tracks so it's hard >.<).

From what I know of the frequencies, most instruments sit in a definite frequency range. To achieve most of an instrument, the frequency range of an instrument is boosted, and the other frequencies are cut to avoid noises and hums.

lol this sounds better than my techno already xD
I very much approve. Flandre needs more love.

Thanks! My first Flandre mix was a little bad, so I decided to make up for it with this. XD
Although, it sounds too close to the original. :P
And yes, Flandre needs infinite love. <3
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:58:32 AM by Anunsew (安宇NSEW) »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
I just remembered I have like 15 tracks of your to listen to.
These songs are all pretty god damned amazing.

Anunsew

Non-musical Update!
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2011, 05:57:53 AM »

A black and white drawing using a 0.5mm MyGel sign pen and a Fine-point marker. It's supposedly Marisa in my attempt to duplicate her EoSD costume...I'm not sure why I drew her (I hate Marisa in any depictions...and I'm not even making an April Fools Joke). I would've drawn Reimu, but she has too many designs. :(

Despite my musical focus right now, I'm still finding time to improve my drawing skills...though I'm no position to say that I'm improving. -_-
Ergh...and to think I still have college exams to think about...\

Anyway, I hope it doesn't hurt your eyes too much. :P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:04:44 AM by Anunsew (安宇NSEW) »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
The way she's colored makes me think she's actually wearing an apron. That being said, I love your drawing style. Oh and I love gel pens too~<3

Anunsew

Uninspired Update! Because even terrible mixes are terrible!
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2011, 06:00:58 AM »
Evening Oriental Witch
Original Track: ZUN's Strange Works ~ 01 - 宵闇の魔術師

Experimented with violins on this one, since the original called for Strings. :P

This track is pretty much like the Far East Hourai one, just a little soundfont tweaking, mixing and mastering. Nothing much has changed (I did add another track for the Church Organ, if that's worth noting).

I've been a uninspired a lot lately, and nothing seems to come out of my head even if I tried. I might have lost a few IQs after watching too much TV. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this track, even if it's just a flash of uninspired despair to post something. >.<

...ugh, my head hurts. I hate summer. >.<
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:08:56 AM by Anunsew (安宇NSEW) »

[HJD]Red_Herring

• Having a bad case of life, can't help it.
Re: [Music+Art] Making Melodies needs coffee, love...and uninspired Updates!
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2011, 07:35:06 AM »
Hey, good to see you back, my friend.

The track reminds me little too much of music tracks from Japanese RPGs from '90s, which I grew up with. That was good 5 minutes 22 seconds of my life reminiscing about good old days.

Thank you for this nostalgic moment. Also I am glad to see you are still drawing. Since I use cheap papers, only the ball-pointers are friends of mine. So, seeing that Gel-pen piece was quite

refreshing. I would say you are improving and you may quote me on that. However, try to practice various poses as the piece gives some sense of stiffness. Aside from that, you are building

solid foundation for drawing. 

ps. Frills are painful to draw, and I understand.
ps2. At least you have a TV, I am stuck with either YouTube or radio.

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2011, 02:30:01 PM »
Yo Anny~ I know that feelin when ya just dont wanna jam on anything xD Nothin wrong with takin a break when that happens I reckon, then ya come back and its fresh again. For what it's worth, I like your latest song alot. Soundin more and more ZUNish.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
Re: Uninspired Update! Because even terrible mixes are terrible!
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2011, 04:54:06 PM »
Evening Oriental Witch
Original Track: ZUN's Strange Works ~ 01 - 宵闇の魔術師

Experimented with violins on this one, since the original called for Strings. :P
This track is pretty much like the Far East Hourai one, just a little soundfont tweaking, mixing and mastering. Nothing much has changed (I did add another track for the Church Organ, if that's worth noting).
I've been a uninspired a lot lately, and nothing seems to come out of my head even if I tried. I might have lost a few IQs after watching too much TV. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this track, even if it's just a flash of uninspired despair to post something. >.<
...ugh, my head hurts. I hate summer. >.<
the only problem i have come accross is that the bass is often too high.
and the pan flute goes really low at some point. which sounds really ugly. but this song in general is very nice! especially the church organ. it needs more love.
was this made with ONLY that touhou soundfont? if yes, amazing. i didnt think you could get that many sounds out of it.

Anunsew

Re: Uninspired Update! Because even terrible mixes are terrible!
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2011, 08:11:50 AM »
the only problem i have come across is that the bass is often too high.

er...did you mean high in volume, or high in pitch? It might be the harpsichord acting up again. >.<
I just realized that I over-compressed the low frequencies, making it sound a little muffled. :P
Anyway, I often put too much emphasis on bass lines and drums, I just love them. XD

and the pan flute goes really low at some point. which sounds really ugly. but this song in general is very nice! especially the church organ. it needs more love.

It's actually Flute + Bottle Blow.  I was kind of going for a new sound, but I guess it doesn't work properly for bass pitches. :P

was this made with ONLY that touhou soundfont? if yes, amazing. i didnt think you could get that many sounds out of it.

It functions like a full Midi table, minus the Channel 10 drums, they're a different soundfont file. The only real problems are the sample themselves, since they require cleaning and filtering before they sound properly.
I'm practicing using the violin in the soundfont (finding the proper EQ settings for filtering and other stuff), along with it's horrible piano sample (it has this weird attack which sounds like when you hit a piano key too hard).

Hey, good to see you back, my friend.
The track reminds me little too much of music tracks from Japanese RPGs from '90s, which I grew up with. That was good 5 minutes 22 seconds of my life reminiscing about good old days.
Thank you for this nostalgic moment.

I'm actually quite fond of old video game tracks myself, especially from SNES systems--Motoi Sakuraba's tracks in Tales of Phantasia is my first dosage of ambient video game tracks. :3
And since it's SNES, I'll have to mention Hiroki Kikuta's work for Seiken Densetsu 3 as well.
[Not Touhou Related] SD 3 OST # 30 Nuclear Fusion
I'm noting the naming coincidence by ZUN. :P

Also I am glad to see you are still drawing. Since I use cheap papers, only the ball-pointers are friends of mine. So, seeing that Gel-pen piece was quite refreshing. I would say you are improving and you may quote me on that. However, try to practice various poses as the piece gives some sense of stiffness. Aside from that, you are building solid foundation for drawing.

ps. Frills are painful to draw, and I understand.
ps2. At least you have a TV, I am stuck with either YouTube or radio.

Thanks! I'm trying to practice regularly (an average of a half-hour everyday, though I can draw up to two hours). I don't upload often though, since scanning rates are pretty tight on the purse. :(

Also, I love frills on clothes, even though they're hard to draw. :D

Yo Anny~ I know that feelin when ya just dont wanna jam on anything xD Nothin wrong with takin a break when that happens I reckon, then ya come back and its fresh again. For what it's worth, I like your latest song alot. Soundin more and more ZUNish.

...Actually, I have this guilty feeling that I'm taking way too many breaks. :P
Anyway, I'm glad you liked this track. I still have a long way to go though.

Anunsew

Marisa look-alike theme update, in cheesy music box form!
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2011, 08:19:16 AM »
Track: Crimson Dead!
Original Track: 真紅の少女 ~ Crimson Dead!! by ZUN (of course)

Yuki's theme~
er...who's Yuki anywa--*is suddenly on fire*

Another attempt at using music boxes. This should've have turned out much like Remilia's music box version, but I got bored of the music box playing the tremolos really fast. So I changed some stuff without touching too much of the original composition (ZUN did it great already, I don't want to destroy it with my sledgehammer-like skills).

Er, I have nothing to say about the tempo. Maybe the music box drank too much coffee?

[HJD]Red_Herring

• Having a bad case of life, can't help it.
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »
Yeah, I think you had one cup too many. It sounds little hectic, but hey, music is not my forte.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2011, 09:36:18 AM »
if i recall correctly, the tempo in the original game was way higher than this..
it does actually sound nice, is this only the music box soundfont? or did you add pads or something?

Anunsew

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2011, 06:48:12 AM »
if i recall correctly, the tempo in the original game was way higher than this..
This is at 95 bpm, Mystic Square has it at around 140~ish. I'm not sure. :P

it does actually sound nice, is this only the music box soundfont? or did you add pads or something?
Flutes for padding, and there are some vibraphones mixed with them. Hard to tell apart, unless you look for the Music Box's 'click' attack, the vibraphones don't have them.

Anunsew

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
Track: Mirage City

Stage 1 Theme for 東方幻妖風 ~ City of Distortion

It's 126kbps (as requested by Karanum), so it might sound a little scratchy at times. I was messing around with piano and bass improvisations, while testing out some new chord progressions I've found. :3

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »

It's 126kbps (as requested by Karanum), so it might sound a little scratchy at times. I was messing around with piano and bass improvisations, while testing out some new chord progressions I've found. :3

Nice job! It motivated me to finish more cutins for the project!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »

Pretty good track! Has a bit of a Touhou feel to it, all right. Which synths, instruments, VSTis, do you use? (already know you're an FL user, so no need to say that)

128kbps is actually quite low quality. Then again this seems to be a specific request, so it won't count against you here. I'd prefer an even higher quality rip (320kbps CBR MP3, 48+ khz M4A, and/or ultra-high quality FLAC) as proof of originals and for the actual and semi-audiophiles who find 128kbps far too easy to detect.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Anunsew

« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2011, 05:27:14 AM »
Nice job! It motivated me to finish more cutins for the project!
I'm also looking forward on your work being in the finished project. :3

Pretty good track! Has a bit of a Touhou feel to it, all right. Which synths, instruments, VSTis, do you use? (already know you're an FL user, so no need to say that)

For soundtables, I used Thinst.sf2 and Thdrums.sf2:
Acoustic and Bright Acoustic Pianos for string leads. Flutes and Whistles for wind leads. Vibraphones and Strings for accents.
Patch 49/0 (String Orchest) and Patch 53/0 (Choir Ahh) for padding and POWER drumkit for percussions.

As for VSTis, I just used Fruity Reverb and Parametric EQ to clean and refine the sounds. Added a Flanger to the pianos to get it sound a little more distorted. I used Fruity Limiter for monitoring the audio levels along with level compression. Finally, I slapped Maximus on the Master track for mastering purposes.

I don't like using too much of those fancy synths and VSTi, since I generally don't know how they work. I just read them up on the Internet whenever I think I need to use them. :P

128kbps is actually quite low quality. Then again this seems to be a specific request, so it won't count against you here. I'd prefer an even higher quality rip (320kbps CBR MP3, 48+ khz M4A, and/or ultra-high quality FLAC) as proof of originals and for the actual and semi-audiophiles who find 128kbps far too easy to detect.

It might be a decoding issue, since decoding mp3s on the go can be memory taxing, especially in games..

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2011, 06:17:39 AM »
I'm also looking forward on your work being in the finished project. :3
It's good to see my artist is still alive as well.  :V

It might be a decoding issue, since decoding mp3s on the go can be memory taxing, especially in games..
Yeah, that exactly. At normal mp3 quality the music was over 90% of the game's filesize. (Read: twice as large as CtC)
I'm looking for the best way to compress it to a more reasonable size while maintaining as much of the original quality as possible.
This is the best I could come up with at the moment.