Author Topic: GAUNTLET BREAKER - Collaborative Forum Battle Game [SERIES ONE START]  (Read 63513 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: GAUNTLET BREAKER - Collaborative Forum Battle Game [SERIES ONE START]
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 01:29:52 PM »
Yes, you will be healed in between rounds. However, still expect no mercy to those that do not have healers or do not plan to become healers in the Fight Intermissions.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 01:32:15 PM »
Yes, you will be healed in between rounds. However, still expect no mercy to those that do not have healers or do not plan to become healers in the Fight Intermissions.
I just noticed that Zengar is the only member of our team with any points in Mana. :x

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »
As the tankest member of team AXESOME (Why team AXESOME? Only one of us has an axe) I feel it's my duty to take the brunt of the attacks while the rest scope for weaknesses. Until weaknesses have been found, I'll focus on healings to keep the pressure of Purvis.

Considering the designation of the enemies, I would imagine that KAI is the central machine that controls and co-ordinates the Slaves. Once we attack, I think we should take that out first, and hope the Slaves' emergency subroutines, if any, aren't very competent.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:26 PM »
Sound good?
Me likey.
The problem is, there's the chance that we would get mobbed by them. I suggest creating some sort of BATTLE FORMATION to cover for this. We can only take so many hits, after all.
cut
Welp. May as well pick a staff for next round  :derp:

IBakaChan

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »
Well, my mana is at zero... So the only thing I'm good for is debuff and go to town.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 01:44:08 PM »
As the tankest member of team AXESOME (Why team AXESOME? Only one of us has an axe) I feel it's my duty to take the brunt of the attacks while the rest scope for weaknesses. Until weaknesses have been found, I'll focus on healings to keep the pressure of Purvis.

Considering the designation of the enemies, I would imagine that KAI is the central machine that controls and co-ordinates the Slaves. Once we attack, I think we should take that out first, and hope the Slaves' emergency subroutines, if any, aren't very competent.

It's like AWESOME. But with AXE. Thus BETTER.

Give 'em a good strength-based attack first round, so we see what works. Personally, I'd take out the slaves first, to cut the number of attacks per round as they are likely squishier. But I got no beef with hitting KAI first.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 01:44:15 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think we're supposed to fight the three robots separately instead of all at once. Look at the other Gauntlets. Team 1 needs to fight 5 Helion Flowers three times. I think that indicates they need to fight five of them each round, otherwise it would be listed as Helion Flower x 15. Thus, I think we fight a Slave first, then KAI and finally another Slave. Just a guess though. If my guess is right, then that means each fight is against a solo enemy, meaning we can concentrate all our power on that sole enemy. KAI is probably still the toughest though, so we should save the most of out strength for him. After he's down the last Slave wouldn't prove much of a problem (unless we took a lot of damage against KAI).

Purvis should revive anyone who goes down.

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 01:46:32 PM »
We'd better nuke what's-his-face before he nukes us, that name and the fact he's sandwiched between 18 assassins makes me think of a super-ninja. But I'd rather aid IBakaChan with stunning assassins, so there's less of assholes jumping into people's necks while Anthony and Chaore nuke yoyo-man.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »
CLARIFICATION

All fights are listed as-is.

For instance, you will fight all listed enemies at the same time, in those designated positions.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »
This is FFL2 style notation.

Helion Flower x5 means a group of 5 Hellion Flowers. A group hit weapon would hit all of the hellion flowers in that group. There can be more than one group of the same thing, but they're distinct units.

In our case, there's only three enemies.

And yeah, revives are natural.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 01:51:28 PM »
CLARIFICATION

All fights are listed as-is.

For instance, you will fight all listed enemies at the same time, in those designated positions.
This is FFL2 style notation.

Helion Flower x5 means a group of 5 Hellion Flowers. A group hit weapon would hit all of the hellion flowers in that group. There can be more than one group of the same thing, but they're distinct units.

In our case, there's only three enemies.

And yeah, revives are natural.

Ah, glad that is cleared up then.

And I vote we take down the Slaves first. According to my RPG knowledge you always take down the mooks first before concentrating on the boss.

IBakaChan

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 01:59:05 PM »
We'd better nuke what's-his-face before he nukes us, that name and the fact he's sandwiched between 18 assassins makes me think of a super-ninja. But I'd rather aid IBakaChan with stunning assassins, so there's less of assholes jumping into people's necks while Anthony and Chaore nuke yoyo-man.

Well, it makes sense to keep them paralyzed/stunned. I can imagine that Assassins would have high AGI, but low defense/mana, leaving them open to quick weapons like the fans also.

And that yoyo guy sounds more like some kind of slow mage type, possibly a glass cannon from seeing that he surrounds himself with qucik types that can keep his enemies busy while he charges up a real nasty attack. High MANA type. REALLY high MANA. Low POW and AGI, possibly a good/decent DEF against MANA-attacks, but with rune axe(Which acts as a magic shield) and Death's Sickle(Seeing as Chaore has a really high AGI, he would get in some good hits if this guy is slow.).

Also, if the back row assassins tries to jump Chao and Anth while we're fighting the first group, you go take care of them since you're faster?

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 02:20:03 PM »
Ah, glad that is cleared up then.

And I vote we take down the Slaves first. According to my RPG knowledge you always take down the mooks first before concentrating on the boss.

That strategy only applies if the boss stays back and laughs whilst the mooks attack. As the boss is attacking, concentrate all fire on it, and the mooks will fall soon afterwards. Unless the mooks are doing something unusual, like buffing or healing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
Really, even if all three are wailing on us at once, it's best to take down the squishy ones first and reduce the amount of attacks per round. Unless the slaves are entirely ignorable, they'll be a danger. And as you mentioned, we have no idea what their side abilities may be.

IBakaChan

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »
Anyways, on a quick side note to "Team Two".
I propose that our team name should be "Rainbow Jumpers".
Or "Sharkfood". Whatever works.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »
...why do I feel like I should've expected this.

Anyway, The groups of Assassins sees kind of worrying, but only because well... We've got -anthony- with us. They probably double him. That said, I also have... no idea what to expect out of this Yodoya guy, but given he has a movie sharing his name in Japan, I'm going to assume he is probably a samurai or something.

Therefore, We're possibly looking at a full group of physical attackers. May want to suggest Anth equips his Defender for this match to minimize 'I got killed' chances. If you want me to focus on Yodoya still, I'd rather attack with mine as well (It does better damage, lack of Insta-kill besides.) Elsewise I want to clean up those assassins, incase they get annoying, I mean 9 weak attacks are still -9 attacks-.

Otherwise, If only because we know absolutely nothing about whats going on here, I think we can just slice through them here.

Anyways, on a quick side note to "Team Two".
I propose that our team name should be "Rainbow Jumpers".
Or "Sharkfood". Whatever works.

...Rainbow jumpers. Sharkfood.

...-seriously-? That is more prone to make our enemies laugh to death than run away in fright.

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 04:51:32 PM »
...-seriously-? That is more prone to make our enemies laugh to death than run away in fright.
Hey, any kind of homicide counts for props :)

IBakaChan

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 05:00:24 PM »
Strategy + dislike of my lame team names

Samurai or a Mage.
Yeaaahh... Kinda just wishful thinking that it's a mage.

Also, the assassins will be taken care of with stuns and group-attacks until yoyo-man is dead, in theory at least. If usage of the fans debuffs is sucessful is pretty much luck based...

So the plan has basically come to this:
Anthony: Go for Yoyo-guy with Defender.
IBakaChan: Clear out assassins, attempt to stun/paralyze, with Shogun's Fan.
T34G3: Clear out assassins, attempt to stun/paralyze, with Venus' fan.
Chaore: Use XCalibr to kill of assassins(?)

If things look grim for Anth, one of us will just have to help him. While Insta death sounds like a great effect, I doubt we can rely on it. I dunno about you, but since Anth isn't all that speedy, we might need either you or T3 in there, since my speed is pretty much average.

Anyways...
What should our team name be? 'For Narnia'? I want something that sounds ridiculous to lure our foes into beliving we're nothing more than small fries.

Chaore

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 05:04:19 PM »
Hmm... Yeah, That seems good.  :V Less chance for them to get off attacks, if they're dead after all.

As for ridiculous names... Well... 'THE BISCUITS'? We're hot and fresh out of the oven, and ready to release a pile of DOUGHY WRATH all over your faces.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »
Dammit, now I want some biscuits.

IBakaChan

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
Hmm... Yeah, That seems good.  :V Less chance for them to get off attacks, if they're dead after all.

As for ridiculous names... Well... 'THE BISCUITS'? We're hot and fresh out of the oven, and ready to release a pile of DOUGHY WRATH all over your faces.

... :V
Add a GLORIOUS to that and it's a go.

"THE GLORIOUS BISCUITS, roll out!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »
As for TEAM AXESOME business, we can infer since we've only got a few dudes to deal with, they're probably all pretty round. I expect even a slave might take a couple rounds of concentrated beatings to drop. It also suggests the slaves probably deal damage that is above the joke levels.

These are inferences, though, and may be wrong. =[

But almost certainly, slaves would go down faster than Kai.

Chaore

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2010, 05:46:36 PM »
... :V
Add a GLORIOUS to that and it's a go.

"THE GLORIOUS BISCUITS, roll out!"

Fair enough. We should also probably get our strategy sent if we're all in agreement.

IBakaChan

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2010, 05:52:03 PM »
Well, I think it's okay. T3 is okay with it(I think), I'm okay with it, you're okay with it... I think Anthony gave me a thumbs up before...
So, let's send?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2010, 06:29:03 PM »
As for TEAM AXESOME business, we can infer since we've only got a few dudes to deal with, they're probably all pretty round. I expect even a slave might take a couple rounds of concentrated beatings to drop. It also suggests the slaves probably deal damage that is above the joke levels.

These are inferences, though, and may be wrong. =[

But almost certainly, slaves would go down faster than Kai.

Indeed. The other teams have to fight at least 20 enemies, while we get three. Those three must be boss status or something like that to balance everything out. It is going to be hell to take even one down. The Slaves will also stand in the way of attacking KAI. If we attack KAI first they'll strike us from behind. We need to take down the Slaves first before taking on KAI. The Slaves will probably prove to be a big threat on their own.

Chaore

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2010, 06:32:14 PM »
So, let's send?

No objections have arisen, so feel free to toss away. :V

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2010, 06:34:16 PM »
Indeed. The other teams have to fight at least 20 enemies, while we get three. Those three must be boss status or something like that to balance everything out. It is going to be hell to take even one down. The Slaves will also stand in the way of attacking KAI. If we attack KAI first they'll strike us from behind. We need to take down the Slaves first before taking on KAI. The Slaves will probably prove to be a big threat on their own.

It seems we have things set, but it'd be good to get Demonbman's thoughts before finalizing it.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010, 08:30:59 PM »
We will be screwed if we don't get healed between rounds :V
With the fact we don't have any healers...

Don't worry, if we don't we'll last it, at least I will with the potential of reducing all magic damage to zero on me along with having 90 defense and if I have the defender equiped I only take half of that physical, Iron wall right here man 8)

Chaore

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2010, 08:38:33 PM »
Don't worry, if we don't we'll last it, at least I will with the potential of reducing all magic damage to zero on me along with having 90 defense and if I have the defender equiped I only take half of that physical, Iron wall right here man 8)

We do get healed between battles. Regardless, I motion we get something to heal with as soon as we can. Because JEGUS FUCK WHY DID NO ONE GET MAGIC/HEALING. I should've done it myself, really.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2010, 08:49:34 PM »
Me likey.
The problem is, there's the chance that we would get mobbed by them. I suggest creating some sort of BATTLE FORMATION to cover for this. We can only take so many hits, after all.
I dunno how formations work in FFT2. I have max def so if possible I should take point.

REST OF TEAM 1 PLEASE ASSEMBLE ;_;