Author Topic: Anime Boston  (Read 9500 times)

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
Anime Boston
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:47:44 PM »
That's right, that shithole from The Departed, Get Fuzzy and Boston Legal now has a con too!  Preregister now for a delightful* weekend of anime, gaming and drinking**!

I don't really have anything new to hand out, but I have plenty of copies of my Aki Sisters short left over from Otakon, so you can have one of those.  I'll also bring my sketchpad and be sketching*** the whole time.  Maybe we can play a game where we draw toehoes from memory.  (I will lose because I hate toho)

Anyway, April 2-4 in Boston at Hynes, prereg closes in about a week, be there or be a fecker

if you're still not sold, up here we regularly use "take it easy" as a goodbye

* awkward
** sheepishly apologizing to the 17th drunk kid who bumps into your cosplay wings
*** reading for Legislation/Regulation

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
Re: Anime Boston
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:49:16 AM »
I like this Maullar kid, he is hella funny.  Too bad I can't go.  What a shame.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:01:51 PM »
So glad that I'm doing a whole lot of participating this year as opposed to being the camera monkey.

Also, my orientation for work is on the Monday AFTER AB, so I'll be there for the entire thing, including the Touhou photoshoot! And PTO kicks in a couple weeks before Otakon! Fuck yes! You are the best job ever and I haven't even worked a day yet!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Quad City QBs

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 07:52:03 PM »
One week left.  Just wanna say Nobuo Uematsu will be there, if you're one of those goons who listens to Final Fantasy music in the car

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

Quad City QBs

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
Photos are here, including extensive coverage of the Touhou panel.  There's also a really cute Suwako.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 08:46:39 PM »
There's also a really cute Suwako.

Did you get her email address for me?

Also ZUN cosplay is king.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:01:17 PM »
Photos are here, including extensive coverage of the Touhou panel.  There's also a really cute Suwako.

Were you at the front with the Tripod camera? I was the one who asked about Labyrinth during the Q&A. My only regret for the Panel was that I didn't get there sooner. I do wonder how many of the cosplayers actually come here. Many of them were good, but I really liked the Youmu ones(The one with the white hair in particular), if only cause she's my favorite character.

Quad City QBs

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »
Were you at the front with the Tripod camera? I was the one who asked about Labyrinth during the Q&A. My only regret for the Panel was that I didn't get there sooner. I do wonder how many of the cosplayers actually come here. Many of them were good, but I really liked the Youmu ones(The one with the white hair in particular), if only cause she's my favorite character.

That's me.  I know of a few MotKers who do the con circuit, but of those none of the actual girls were able to attend AB this year.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 09:42:25 PM »
I'm embarassed to say it, but I have no idea what  MotKers stand for.  :ohdear:

It was my first time attending AB, or an anime convention in general, and I had a lot of fun. I never expected a Touhou panel or even Touhou Cosplayers till after I saw the schedule. Next year I'll most likely cosplay as someone.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »
MotKers = people who come to this site :)

Is/did someone apply for a Touhou panel at Otakon?  I'd love to attend one.

Great pics, the ZUN drinking from a bottle with "BEER" taped on was a nice touch.  On a similar note, dare I ask what the male:female Touhou cosplayer ratio was?

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »
Oh man nice cosplay Kilga :V

Quad City QBs

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 12:46:30 AM »
On a similar note, dare I ask what the male:female Touhou cosplayer ratio was?

You probably wouldn't like the answer very much.

Anyway, I'll probably be going again next year if I don't flunk out of HLS.  I do need to get a flash diffuser before then, because using the tripod for every shot is too clunky even with the tripod pre-attached and being carried at my hip.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 01:28:16 PM »
It can't be worse than male:female of 4:1 aka where I did my undergrad!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »
Oh man nice cosplay Kilga :V

http://i44.tinypic.com/208wgmd.jpg

Is/did someone apply for a Touhou panel at Otakon?  I'd love to attend one.

We're going to bring the AB panel down to Otakon with us, yes. The Nitori won't be there, sadly, but the Alice has said he would be.

On a similar note, dare I ask what the male:female Touhou cosplayer ratio was?

I thought it was actually fairly close to 1:1. I remember a lot more girls that weren't at the Friday photoshoot than guys, and then it was roughly even.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 04:24:13 PM »
http://forums.animeboston.com/showtopic.php?tid/10602/
*facepalm*

And that one reply:
I wasn't a big fan of the posing, to be totally honest, but I figured, if you're Germans,
I'll refrain from commenting on that because this is not the place, but let's just say i want to smash my head into the wall...

On topic: Those are some nice Touhou-cosplays there. Especially that Suwako, she's cute~
I really have to go to a local con next year and look out for Touhou-cosplayers.

Quad City QBs

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 04:47:49 PM »
On topic: Those are some nice Touhou-cosplays there. Especially that Suwako, she's cute~

I know, right?  I would've asked for her number but she had a posse that would have been very improper.

Anyway you'll be able to recognize me this year from one of these sick babies: http://www.instructables.com/id/Cigarette-Packet-Flash-Diffuser/

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »

Quad City QBs

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 06:07:23 PM »
Actually now that I think of it, reflecting the flash at the ceiling probably isn't going to work so well inside a convention center.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 05:27:20 AM »
Aw man, dokool won Best Comedy AMV. Now I'm sad that I missed it when it first aired. :(

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 06:25:49 AM »

Agreed, though I found that Youmu I mentioned to be cute too~(God I hope she doesn't read this, that's the last thing I need x_x I'm nervous just saying it really).

welcomeUNKNOWN

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 02:43:10 AM »

I'm glad you liked it. :3

I wasnt to happy with the way it came out, but others seemed to enjoy it so that was enough to make me happy.