Author Topic: MotK 2009 Charity Fest: Or, Why You Should Never Promise Things On The Internet  (Read 8545 times)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
...you may have to go through with them!

Mod warning: No posting spoilers!

Means don't say what the costume is!

So as you all should know, there's been a charity drive and we raised a ridiculous amount of money.  While I lost track of the bribes, MJP promised to donate a Toy for Tot in some sort of ridiculous outfit depending on how much money was raised.
And thus, at this insane level, he had to be a Touhou which I threw together last night.

WARNING: TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME THEN ADJUST OTHERWISE IT MAY HURT
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eqvidxjhyjm

Alas, when calling around the Starbucks we planned on going didn't actually have a donation box, and the restaurant that was local and listed on the toysfortots.com site didn't have one either, we figured they already got picked up and had to come up with a Plan B....
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5wzjjm5jm51

So they didn't let us film in the store but he really did go in I promise (and you can see in the tail end of video 2) and we bought stuff and then came back to the Salvation Army guy who also wanted to take MJP's picture (and MJP is certain he's going to be on some sort of coffee room bulletin board of "WEIRDOS WE ENCOUNTER")
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnjn5yoizmk

And that's that!  Sorry the quality's crappy I have a lousy phone for all this and I don't know how to edit video at all or hold a phone straight  :V

I posted this in CPMC because I did want to keep some sort of privacy about this since the supermarket wasn't exactly happy with us (though the check out clerk thought it was awesome, probably a nice change of pace from the usual shoppers) and in this day and age we don't want anyone getting fired or something, this is also why it's not on Youtube.  DO NOT UPLOAD THIS OR SHARE WITH OUTSIDERS. 
Please, I don't want anyone to get in trouble somehow.

But yeah.  Good job guys! 

Oh, and as for the costume choice: we asked the largest donater to give a short list of Touhous he'd want to be an option, and I went with the one that I could throw together the fastest and still be recognizable and not look like, well, someone sewed the costume blindfolded with boxing gloves on in the time constrants.  I was going to do a felt wig but it looked terrible whoops!

EDIT: Oh no we broke Mediafire!  Until someone else can figure out how to unsuckify the audio here's a zip with all the videos http://www.sendspace.com/file/6zo23m

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
I switched to watching this video from play Brutal Legend and your voice was so piercing it hurt.

Thanks for making him that costume though.  Since you couldn't donate it, what happened to the toy?

Matsuri

That was fantastic.

triangles

It's in my car right now  :V
I guess we'll return it, since he donated more than the toy's worth into the red kettle.

Yeah the audio's all crazy loud I have no idea how to fix it since this is my first time ever video recording anything.

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
Thanks for making him that costume though.  Since you couldn't donate it, what happened to the toy?

It's gonna get returned; I donated the equivalent amount in cash so I think that covers the actual material donation box.

It was freakin' difficult to find one, though.  It's like there aren't any impoverished mikos in Jersey! 

your voice was so piercing it hurt.

Try being married to it.  >_<

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
You know what? That's a pretty decent costume. Also makes for a great joke costume, as it attracts attention by being nice and colourful, doesn't reveal enough of MJP for it to be embarrassing to everyone, and seems to be of a pretty good quality so that it even looks quite good.

All in all, great job!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 11:10:10 PM by Kilga4u »

Kilgamayan

• True

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

triangles

It was freakin' difficult to find one, though.  It's like there aren't any impoverished mikos in Jersey! 

More like "don't wait until December 23rd to donate a toy that is ideally to be delivered on Christmas day" well we know for next time.

@Fightest - thanks!  Again, I decided on that Touhou because I knew I could pull it off with two hours and $10 worth of material (and I have enough fabric left over I can almost make a second one maybe!) and have it be instantly recognizable to fans, I wasn't as confident with the other options supplied.  The upper half isn't sewn as well as I would have done if I was making it For Realz but you can't tell on crappy cameraphone  :V

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
My connection is being slow at the moment, so I've only seen the first video so far...

But by god, this makes it all worth it~  Well, more worth it than it was before, but still...

* Moerin cackles maniacally~

I applaud your efforts.  That costume looks really good for something you knocked up so quickly, Triangles.  And MJP, the fact that you went through with this (not that I ever doubted you would) just goes to show that you're not afraid to make a fool of yourself, which I find highly commendable~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Momiji

• Cya
That was epic win.  You guys are awesome.  I don't think I've laughed that hard in the last couple months.

Also,
This outfit better make it to Otakon.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Woah. Gordon Freeman like we never saw him before!

Drake

You two win forever.

Also fantastic, your voice ow, awesome costume and it better make it to Otakon.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
:V :V :V

And what Drake said. Completely.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Moerin

Hmmm... Just out of curiosity, does this count towards the donations contest?  I mean, it wasn't Toys for Tots, but still... I really do think that MJP deserves at least IM for this, if not ID~

Of course, that's just my thoughts.  Ignore them if you will~

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
As a prize he should replace the Sariteru on the main page for a month :V
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
Try being married to it.  >_<

married to it.

it.

Yo Triangles you seriously gonna take that disrespekt?

Bananamatic

As a prize he should replace the Sariteru on the main page for a month :V
Might as well as throw him on the last page into the last topic :V

If he should get IM/ID, it should be a permanent one.

Menorah Jams, Pham

If he should get IM/ID, it should be a permanent one.

For the record, I'm totally happy that I was able to get so much out to people who needed it.

Spoiler:
That said, I'd happily graduate from Manliness to IM/ID, but if I was to be purged, I would hope I still merit the Manliness when I return to the common folk  :V  I leave the decision to the Powers that Be.

Bananamatic

Spoiler:
That said, I'd happily graduate from Manliness to IM/ID, but if I was to be purged, I would hope I still merit the Manliness when I return to the common folk  :V  I leave the decision to the Powers that Be.
Girliness :V
*runs*

Girliness :V
*runs*
How fitting considering what has just happened :V

Moerin

Spoiler:

I know what you mean.  If I ever somehow managed to get IM again (or, heaven forbid, ID), I'd actually want to keep Fag Queen as my main usergroup (because then me and Mode would still be sisters~!).

...Of course, that's not going to happen anytime soon, so yeah~

Still, respect where respect is deserved.  I'm pretty sure you should get something for this...

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Menorah Jams, Pham

How fitting considering what has just happened :V

NOTHING IS MANLIER THAN KICKING REASON TO THE CURB, RAISING TONS OF MONEY FOR THE NEEDY, AND LETTING THEIR MANLINESS SHINE FROM THEIR SOUL, BRIGHTER THAN THE BRIGHTEST GINGHAM CHECKERPRINT SKIRT! 

Bananamatic

NOTHING IS MANLIER THAN KICKING REASON TO THE CURB, RAISING TONS OF MONEY FOR THE NEEDY, AND LETTING THEIR MANLINESS SHINE FROM THEIR SOUL, BRIGHTER THAN THE BRIGHTEST GINGHAM CHECKERPRINT SKIRT!
You could still be on fire while doing that.

triangles

Does someone who knows how to work video and audio want to normalize the earbleed volume?  I have no idea what happened, I didn't shout into the phone but maybe it's designed to not be recording the cameraman I don't know  >:(

Kilgamayan

• True
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It is possible to be in more than one usergroup at a time. If you won an IM/ID slot, you would still have the Manliness tag, but you'd also be whichever spot you won and would have the powers it comes with. It just wouldn't be visible.

Menorah Jams, Pham

You could still be on fire while doing that.

You fool!

I am ALWAYS burning with manly passion and power!

Kilgamayan

• True
I just tried to open Video 2 in VirtualDub so I could grab each individual frame and shop that Santa hat onto MJP's head in each one then put it back together but Vdub won't even open it due to an encoding error or some shit

triangles what the fuck did you do D: