Author Topic: Cirno Wars Episode ⑨- Return of the Idiots (social thread too)  (Read 36035 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Shoot the Tengu (also social thread I guess)
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2009, 02:19:51 AM »
The fact that he tells you obvious stuff that you already know, and you're tempted to keep mashing A to get through the conversation faster, but you don't stop in time and inadvertently ask him to repeat it?

That's happened to me before. >_<

And here I was going to say "because he's a smartass." This is much more accurate.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2009, 02:22:08 AM »
I'll play the devils advocate and bring up Parrots. They are also considered the big brained birds as well.
Birds are overall pretty darn smart. Dohohoho~
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2009, 03:43:50 AM »
EDIT: Ruro, that replay is pretty amazing, but what I watched from your download link has you dying after three photos. Did you upload the wrong one? I'd love to see a replay of you clearing that stage.

Huh? Which download link/stage? DID IT DESYNC OH GOD I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN.

And I realize now that I have to go back to some of these stages, mostly because of the lack of funny Aya comments. Sometimes, if you have a low score, even if you've cleared, Aya refuses to comment on it, distinguishable by the blue text:

The benefit of this is that now I've gone back and cleared 6-2 again. Might as well upload it for Suikama's benefit. To survive this, don't go for the red spellcard Nice Shot points, just stay away from her bullets entirely.

I think Remi's 7-2 is the only one I have left to scorewhore. Does she even throw out Nice Shot opportunities? I haven't noticed.

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »
I think he's talking about the first post. Points? What are those?

I didn't see anything wrong with the replay, works just fine with me.

Anyway, here is 7-2 scoring method http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5978

It should give you about 150,000 points, 50,000 per shot.

It's possible to get over 500,000 points in this scene, but that method is for non-humans...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »
Huh? Which download link/stage? DID IT DESYNC OH GOD I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN.

The one in your OP. Just downloaded it again and watched it, and yeah, you get 3 photos and then peeyurrrrr. It looked super friggin' hard though just to get that far.

The benefit of this is that now I've gone back and cleared 6-2 again. Might as well upload it for Suikama's benefit. To survive this, don't go for the red spellcard Nice Shot points, just stay away from her bullets entirely.

Oh man. You say that, and yet manage to get a Shutter Chance in every. single. photo. Now that is stunning.

EDIT: By contrast, this is as far as I've gotten.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 01:12:25 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
Anyway, here is 7-2 scoring method http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5978

It should give you about 150,000 points, 50,000 per shot.

! Interesting! I should try that someday. For now, this is what a redo has done for me.

The one in your OP. Just downloaded it again and watched it, and yeah, you get 3 photos and then peeyurrrrr. It looked super friggin' hard though just to get that far.

Hmm, how odd. Oh well, I re-did it for scorewhorin' purposes anyway. Try that, see if it works.

Oh man. You say that, and yet manage to get a Shutter Chance in every. single. photo. Now that is stunning.

Well, the first clear of a scene should always be just for survival. The points will rack themselves up so long as you keep going.

And these two scenes, combined with redos of other scenes from stages 1-5, have netted me this score:

Whee. Now I feel at least somewhat decent about putting this in the StB high scores section. That said, StB is no longer my priority... I want to try 1ccing EoSD Hard, LLS Hard, or SA Extra now.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2009, 07:29:14 PM »
That reminded me I got once to the Last Photo of that stage.
seriously 1mil points in a single photo what

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2009, 07:35:12 PM »
And here I was going to say "because he is headcrab zombie." This is much more accurate.

Fixed that for ya Bromance of the Three Kingdoms

Tengukami

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2009, 08:07:53 PM »
Well, the first clear of a scene should always be just for survival. The points will rack themselves up so long as you keep going.

And these two scenes, combined with redos of other scenes from stages 1-5, have netted me this score:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6598/stbscorewhore.png

Whee. Now I feel at least somewhat decent about putting this in the StB high scores section. That said, StB is no longer my priority... I want to try 1ccing EoSD Hard, LLS Hard, or SA Extra now.

Ruro has inspired me to strive to get past 3-1.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »
I found StB to be way more fun once I had gotten better at Touhou.  I picked it up too early and got frustrated around stage 5 and frequently spoke ill of it, and then came back, burned through it straight in about 3 days without any real trouble, and had an absolute blast.

That game probably made me more frustrated than any other Touhou game though  :V

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2009, 08:59:07 PM »
That said, StB is no longer my priority... I want to try 1ccing EoSD Hard, LLS Hard, or SA Extra now.

!!!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2009, 09:00:59 PM »

nintendonut888

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2009, 09:02:46 PM »
I'm already supposed to get it since I switched the condition to "clear all scenes in StB." ;>_> I'm just waiting until I'm...uh...not lazy enough to follow the link.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2009, 09:06:32 PM »
I'm already supposed to get it since I switched the condition to "clear all scenes in StB." ;>_> I'm just waiting until I'm...uh...not lazy enough to follow the link.
I'm dissappoint.
As always.

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »
I ignore this whole thread to state that I first thought Lifespring's avatar was Alice's head coming out of a book.
I got a similar message over Steam telling me something to the extent of "FFFFFFFFFFFFFF I THOUGHT THAT WAS ALICE LIFTING HER SHIRT UP IN THE THUMBNAIL".

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2009, 09:13:56 PM »
I'm dissappoint.
As always.
We're all disappoint in 'nut  :| :| :|

Anyway, Ruro did something that I had never done before; congratulations.
Spoiler:
I only have 61 Scenes cleared
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »
Spoiler:
I only have 61 Scenes cleared
!
I...
I surpassed the border of Baity?
OMG OMG OMG OMG

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2009, 09:36:44 PM »
I found StB to be way more fun once I had gotten better at Touhou.  I picked it up too early and got frustrated

What. :V

*tries StB*

WHAT :V

*tries again*

WHAT! :V
It's actually... not that hard. :V
And... I can't believe it... I'm... enjoying it! :V

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?????

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2009, 09:52:24 PM »
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?????

Nothing is wrong. Everything has been set right.

Ruro has inspired me to strive to get past 3-1.

Good, good. Fighting yourself in the final scene is totally awesome, and I think you can do it \o\

On a related note, Ammy, I know Aya is your favourite character, but who are the rest of your top five or ten?

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2009, 10:05:36 PM »
I got a similar message over Steam telling me something to the extent of "FFFFFFFFFFFFFF I THOUGHT THAT WAS ALICE LIFTING HER SHIRT UP IN THE THUMBNAIL".

Son of a bitch.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Tengukami

« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2009, 10:28:54 PM »
Ruro: In no particular order, after Aya it's Remilia, Yuyuko, Kaguya, Nitori, Kanako, Utsuho, Renko, Torohime no Watatsuki, Reimu and Marisa.

(EDIT: I also have to give honorable mentions to Rin Satsuki, Wriggle Nightbug and Cirno. My esteem for Yukari is growing, too, and I have to give props to Byakuren for her backstory. But the ones I mentioned first are in the top tier, and likely always will be.)

The others I like, too, just not as much. There's only one I could do with less of, and even then I can't say I dislike the lil double-tailed spazzo.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:40:38 PM by Tengukami »

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »
Ruro: In no particular order, after Aya it's Remilia, Yuyuko, Kaguya, Nitori, Kanako, Utsuho, Renko, Torohime no Watatsuki, Reimu and Marisa.
Ammy just gained about 3.00*10^8 cool points.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2009, 12:06:32 AM »
Level 5, Patchy sjkdhfsdkjgfsdkjgdjkgsgjkh :V

« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2009, 12:40:58 AM »
Level 5, Patchy sjkdhfsdkjgfsdkjgdjkgsgjkh :V
Patch is easy, whine about Meiling and her kicks of death. :V

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2009, 12:43:15 AM »
I am bored in PSO Blue Burst so I am making a team (A guild or clan if you prefer) or whatever you want to call it. I need a random Touhou-ish name in 12 characters or less.

I am likely to be the sole member of this team but whatever.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2009, 12:46:00 AM »
All of Patchy's cards are puzzles. Study them and you'll win.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

nintendonut888

« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2009, 12:57:00 AM »
I have a challenge for you Ruro: Do Patchy's satellite card without using any shots that aren't for taking shots of Patchy. Go through the walls! \o\

Or EoSD hard, you know, your choice.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2009, 01:03:32 AM »
Patch is easy, whine about Meiling and her kicks of death. :V
All of Patchy's cards are puzzles. Study them and you'll win.

This. Also, try not to take a photo except to save yourself. You'll need the charge.

Anyway, I have just finished eating a vegetarian variation of my own awesome dinner. Behold!

The base, without all the sumptuous additions. This is what my parents ate:

Mine was just that without the chicken. The rice, mandarin oranges, and almonds were still awesome~

I have a challenge for you Ruro: Do Patchy's satellite card without using any shots that aren't for taking shots of Patchy. Go through the walls! \o\

:|

Or EoSD hard, you know, your choice.

:|

brb StB-ing

« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2009, 01:05:16 AM »
I have a challenge for you Ruro: Do Patchy's satellite card without using any shots that aren't for taking shots of Patchy.
I thought you did that automatically when you do that card. :V  If you sit in the middle next to Patch, nothing should come near you as long as you take shots as soon as your camera charges.

...unless it's not static and I just got extremely lucky. :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2009, 01:11:17 AM »
nvm, the card is disappointingly easy that way. :( I was certain doing this required you to move through some of the walls. I pulled it off once (pure luck of course), so I know it's possible! But no, I ended up beating it in only about 10 tries.

So do hard instead! :3 You said you wanted to do it, riiiight?