Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic  (Read 242806 times)

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
« Reply #690 on: February 05, 2020, 02:00:58 AM »
>Did blowing a hole in the wall generate a ton of debris or did it just melt through?
>if the former, would we be able to animate all the debris from the wall into a cloud of brick familiars?

> Can the animated debris be eventually re-organized in shapes to increase their impact,even several times?

> What about transmutating what we already have been animating,wholly or partly?
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #691 on: February 05, 2020, 03:15:08 AM »
>Does the entire armor count as one familiar, or does each piece of the suit count as a separate familiar?
>If the former, would it be possible to transform the "single familiar" armor into a "gestalt familiar" of individual armor pieces?
>What is the maximum number of familiars we can animate?

//I wonder if it's possible to turn the armor into a swarm of metal pieces, either to get rid of the blood or to give Elis a surprise later.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #692 on: February 06, 2020, 05:19:45 PM »
>Does the entire armor count as one familiar, or does each piece of the suit count as a separate familiar?
>If the former, would it be possible to transform the "single familiar" armor into a "gestalt familiar" of individual armor pieces?

//I wonder if it's possible to turn the armor into a swarm of metal pieces, either to get rid of the blood or to give Elis a surprise later.

// ;) :)  I hope my post starting from quoting is not (too? :] ) Convulted //

> The Blood-Freezing and Icy wind as well have to be focused,without sapping the rotation of "newtoniean leverage fulcrum on the armored hand "

> Details for operating Mass,Area or Zone Animation,Enhancing or Transmutaning ? Thanks.

// It is all a matter and teching of "(Phantasmal)Former Archmagistrix's" ( Louise) :Quite Capable,as long as it is a Challenge&Trial,Stall,Draw up to ,even if muuuch vmuch more difficult ,to Gain an Upper Hand or even Temporarily Defeat the Cheek-Starred Greater Demon-Vampire(Elis)//

// So far we are leaning mostly on a route of"conservative,surprisingly tactful and starting off for major surprises " and it is not bad,no,ALL THANKS TO GOD the PHASE is still of DELAYED BOREDOM AND CHALLENGING "CURIOSITY ": keeping in mind the aim is buying enough advantage&time for " Rescue Team ③'s Activation , without being rushed over or blindsided in the "coming sharper phases"//

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 07:27:11 AM by Branneg Xy »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #693 on: February 10, 2020, 04:16:35 PM »
Firstly; I feel like this should be brought up.

With the passing of Helvetica; the main admin of the site, this somewhat throws the future of the forum in the air. [Paying for it; ect]. It's being discussed, but I think it is worth bringing up. I have an idea for a backup plan, but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Secondly; Branneg I seriously cannot make heads or tails of your 2nd post. I'm going to have to skip it because simply; I can't actually parse it.

Thirdly; still got the whole old man's knee issue keeping me quite busy.

---

Just going to answer questions to give Branneg a chance to amend his 2nd post since I don't want to skip it but it's kinda hard to read it. I'll probobly actually do the update just before I go to sleep or tomorrow morning.

---

> At the moment yes, because it is all connected.

> Yes, you could magically unbuckle the fastenings and joins to make it break apart.

> There is no hard limit, but more and larger familiars require more magic to maintain. It would simply be harder to co-ordinate multiple chunks of Armour than one body.

> Can the animated debris be eventually re-organized in shapes to increase their impact,even several times?

> What about transmutating what we already have been animating,wholly or partly?

> You can transmute and transform things, but this is quite difficult. Also it usually takes the form of Destruction magic; to break something down so you can reshape it.

> Transmutations are limited to similar material; for example; Iron can be transmuted into Copper; but not into chalk. Notably; things such as Steel that are not naturally occurring cannot be transmuted at all. Things that have magic woven into them are exceptionally hard to transmute.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #694 on: February 10, 2020, 07:45:22 PM »
// Don't block progress to answer this, just include it in the actions
> Does transmuting a material conserve its mass and change its volume according to the density of the new material?  For example a bar of Iron transmuted into a bar of Copper that maintains its mass should be smaller in volume due to the higher density of copper

Branneg Xy

« Reply #695 on: February 10, 2020, 10:16:37 PM »
 :)

With the passing of Helvetica; the main admin of the site, this somewhat throws the future of the forum in the air. [Paying for it; ect]. It's being discussed, but I think it is worth bringing up. I have an idea for a backup plan, but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Secondly; Branneg I seriously cannot make heads or tails of your 2nd post. I'm going to have to skip it because simply; I can't actually parse it.

Thirdly; still got the whole old man's knee issue keeping me quite busy.

---

Just going to answer questions to give Branneg a chance to amend his 2nd post since I don't want to skip it but it's kinda hard to read it. I'll probobly actually do the update just before I go to sleep or tomorrow morning.

---

> At the moment yes, because it is all connected.

> Yes, you could magically unbuckle the fastenings and joins to make it break apart.

> There is no hard limit, but more and larger familiars require more magic to maintain. It would simply be harder to co-ordinate multiple chunks of Armour than one body.

> You can transmute and transform things, but this is quite difficult. Also it usually takes the form of Destruction magic; to break something down so you can reshape it.

> Transmutations are limited to similar material; for example; Iron can be transmuted into Copper; but not into chalk. Notably; things such as Steel that are not naturally occurring cannot be transmuted at all. Things that have magic woven into them are exceptionally hard to transmute.

// Thank you dearly and charitably,Raikaria,for taking the welfare of MotK at Heart //

// ( Tsk,tsk I should be less hasty and double-check my grammar verbs...) Humble sorry If these propositions of mine are underwhelming or unclear; the posts after mine,and this latest new one, have pretty much taken in consideration the bulk of my earlier ..." too compressed attempt" ...but I am still going to look back into  it to avoid "stumbling by overextension and for CyoA reading continuity" // :)

> Temporary enhanced animated material is considered magical to transmutate ,even just at precise joints or fastening?

> For such matter could we analyze and enhance+transmutate into a better suited natural alloy for combat,enhancing,transmutation,
shaping what we do have at disposal such as the sword,the parts making up the armour,the debris,other armory appliances?

> That wind and that ice... unless it is a humungous effort or it could be turned back on us or the Mirror,combine them into an icy wind enveloping the "blood insider of the armour" and as a buffer to buffet Elis away in direction of the debris and also employ it as "additional lever to the Increasing Animation Hold we are about to execute" to forcefully ram, or at least stumble ,the armour&sword set in her way.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 07:36:03 AM by Branneg Xy »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #696 on: February 11, 2020, 09:05:22 AM »
// Don't block progress to answer this, just include it in the actions
> Does transmuting a material conserve its mass and change its volume according to the density of the new material?  For example a bar of Iron transmuted into a bar of Copper that maintains its mass should be smaller in volume due to the higher density of copper

> Yes

// Thank you dearly and charitably,Raikaria,for taking the welfare of MotK at Heart //

//  Humble sorry If these propositions are underwhelming or unclear; the posts after mine,and this latest new one, have been pretty much taken in consideration the bulk of my earlier ..." too compressed attempt" ...but I am still going looking back into  it to avoid "stumbling" // :)

Much better; also I noticed you edited your previous post to fix the formatting so it's readable now.

> You can't make alloys. Transmuters can only manipulate natural materials. [It's worth noting that Makai has it's own 'natural' materials too and such as it's own dimension but for simplicity's sake I'll just use the equivilents from our world rather than trying to make up a Makaian periodic table or something]

> Generally transmutations are one object at a time.

===

> Enthousiastically respond "My my, a game?  But of course!"

> Counter Elis' magic by increasing our animation resistance
> Using the animated sword as a 'lever' excert force on the knight's arm by rotating the sword  counter-clockwise with the force applied on the tip for added neutonian leverage (Slowly at first to entice Elis to resist it)

> Discreetly cast an Ice-wreath or cooling enhancement on the knight, blood will solidify and and freeze damaging it

> Additionally if we (or our mirror) can create a light breeze in the room do so with air magic (as blood dries and clots when exposed to air)

> Have our mirror ready for any surprise magic attacks from Elis, though keep it away from the suit of armor in case she gains more control over it

> You feel like a raven.

> You increase the amount of magic you are using to maintain the animation. This stops the Knight in it's tracks again, until the red glow increases, and tendrils of blood creep out from the joints of the knight, wrapping around the Armour and manually moving it. This gets the armour moving towards you again, albeit slowly.

> You quietly cast a chilling spell on the armour, and the mirror casts a low-level Wind magic. This lowers the air temperature, and has a particularly chilling effect on the metal of the armour. The blood doesn't outright clot like expected [It is magical vamperic blood after all] but it does seem to thicken somewhat, stopping the movement once again.

> "Isn't resorting to messing with my magic like admitting defeat?" Elis taunts. "But I guess fighting a Vampire in terms of raw power is difficult for anyone."

> In the Vampire's good hand, her wand appears, a short wand with a large star-shaped tip. She makes a flourish with it over her head, and a quintet of floating, crimson magical blades appear above her head. A moment later; she launches them. One directed directly at you, another at the mirror, and the other three in spaces more make evasion difficult. They are flying at a high speed.

>

> Most of your magic use was attempting to overpower Elis' Blood Magic. The Wind/Cold spells used very minor amounts.

> Elis became a little bit bored because she viewed your chilling of the blood as 'admitting defeat' in her game of brute force. She's still interested however.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #697 on: February 11, 2020, 05:05:49 PM »
> Use our mirror as a "substitute" and move it in front of us to block the magical blades that way we don't both get hit by one

> "Isn't there virtue in being clever with your magic?  Sometimes it's more effective than raw power, but I'll let off the temperature gimmick if you protest"
> Stop the cold magic and instead focus on redirecting animation magic on areas that there is no blood, forcing her to spread it out more if she wants to regain control, additionally attempt to twist the knight's arm by rotating our animated sword from the edge to gain leverage

> "But I'll respond to your blades with some of my own"
> Throw many magical knives at her and instruct our mirror to fill in holes in our pattern with kunai

Branneg Xy

« Reply #698 on: February 14, 2020, 07:23:04 AM »

//////
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,29584 ( '' The end of shrinemaiden as we know it " ),also on the Forum the Top Header Bulletin on the its Main Page.

That thread and Replies,especialy the beginnjng ones and the ones from  13/02/20 at around 20:00 PM call for your offer of help  and the attention of the'  players" in here.
Thank you all for reading :)  //////

> Increase Animation Hold on Sword and Sword's Arm altogether ,besides on the whole Armor,in the way further described, especially on the joints and fastening ,even to the pont of tearing off the Sword's Arm or Gauntlet or just the Sword breaking free turning back on Elis .

> Such movements and attacks are to be synchronised and distractions ,Blood Possession  taken in account,with the arrival of the knives and kunai

> Use our mirror as a "substitute" and move it in front of us to block the magical blades that way we don't both get hit by one

> "Isn't there virtue in being clever with your magic?  Sometimes it's more effective than raw power, but I'll let off the temperature gimmick if you protest"
> Stop the cold magic and instead focus on redirecting animation magic on areas that there is no blood, forcing her to spread it out more if she wants to regain control, additionally attempt to twist the knight's arm by rotating our animated sword from the edge to gain leverage

> "But I'll respond to your blades with some of my own"
> Throw many magical knives at her and instruct our mirror to fill in holes in our pattern with kunai

> Do not lose sight of the 3 blades :dodging or another "Deflection of Shield-Mirror" might beneeded.

> Make the magical knives&kunai double arch ,aiming in a way to reduce even more dodging room, to escape and imprint a throwing effect similiar to home-in

> Switch to actual home-in aiming for the injured side of Elis when they approach her ,if able of course.

//For  stepping-up the Challenge,since Elis is doing that and "anticipating" leat the "Boredom Bar" goes up again , the experimental idea&planning of " mass animating the debris,enchanting and transmutating them ,as possible ,all/ most of them using them as gestalt/combinations from behind and sides "has its feasible potential  ,or the basics of it has it at least th ; of course with keeping pressure&dustraction at the forefront and sides by Louise ,the Mirror and the Sword...wirh the Blood Possesed Armour dodged/avoided/stopped //
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:31:01 PM by Branneg Xy »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #699 on: February 18, 2020, 09:18:07 PM »
OK; so I've been thinking about the recent announcements.

1: Quest is Paused for the time being while this is all being sorted out. With the fact it's quite unlikly we'll be able to archive and migrate the threads, I'll need time to basically make a summary of important points and such. A new forum could lead to new people interested to play after all. [Also a lot is going down IRL for me right now. Good stuff. Not bad stuff. But still a lot]. From what I can tell I can 'archive' my own posts; but not everyone else's; and reconstructing everything would be a herculean task. So making a summary and basic intro thing ready for the new site is probably a good thing.

2: I feel like I'm not the sole owner of this decision, so I want to put my ideas to you guys.

Idea #1: I set up a Discord Server to continue over there. This probably could get going faster, but would become a lot more private as a result.

Idea #2: We continue on the new forum being set up. This might bring in some new players if the new forum gets new people, but will probably result in a longer pause. I personally would like this because I'm of the opinion fresh blood is always good.

I'd like feedback on these ideas, and any other suggestions if you guys have any.

Either way I'm not killing off the quest or anything. Just figuring out the best way to continue.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:22:54 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #700 on: February 18, 2020, 10:40:36 PM »
//I'm fine with trying it out on the new forum. I personally think quests fare better in a forum environment anyway as opposed to discord.

//Also I heard that there are archive crawlers going through there forum, so RPG and MSG might get backed up by them. But yeah I agree that summarizing this thread is a good idea in case they don't for whatever reason

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #701 on: February 19, 2020, 11:41:29 PM »
Yes; I've got wind of the mirrors and such being set up. All the more reason to pause while this is going on, because we don't know how much they'll be updated beyond initial mirroring/saving/archiving/ect.

Reminds me to save a copy of my signiture. Also that random link added to it. At this point it's a part of my profile.

EDIT: Oh wait we might have a new thing setup already: https://www.shrinemaiden.com/index.php [Note .com and not .org]

It's quite late so I can't set things up today. Will try tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 11:44:58 PM by Raikaria »