Author Topic: MAGFEST HYPE HYPE HYPE ~ Jan 5th-8th 2017  (Read 7171 times)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
MAGFEST HYPE HYPE HYPE ~ Jan 5th-8th 2017
« on: January 02, 2017, 08:33:06 PM »
AHHHHH 3 DAYS AWAY

For the 4th year running I'll be cosplaying as someone who knows how to play clarinet with EVEN MORE members of my nerd orchestra in attendance.  And this year I'm going to print out the part of the website saying only DJ setups had to be in the taped off lines in case the ~MAGPOLICE~ get uppity again.

ALL THE MUSIC AWW YE
Who else is gonna be there?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: MAGFEST HYPE HYPE HYPE ~ Jan 5th-8th 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »
Magfest bestfest, as always.  Be wary of light snow on Thursday, though.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »
I am cosplaying like 3 things because apparently this is the only good time of year for this sort of thing for me.

David Wise will be there! Grab your DKC cartridge for fresh delicious autographs!

This is like the 3rd year in a row that exactly 4 music groups are going that have piqued my interest. They are also pretty evenly distributed over the 3 days of concerts.

If an Initial D Arcade Stage 8 is going to be there, I'mma roll some heads. If only Stage 7 is going to be there, I'mma be the one to get rolled.

~MAGPOLICE~

Yo sis I'm on groupie duty lemme know when you need some assistisisstance or someone to reserve some jam space before other yolos show up.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:39:36 AM »
I hope you all get dysentery there e_e

On the reals, I demand storytimes when yalls get back. And I except you to put at least one body part through a wall forcefully, Reddyne!

triangles

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 04:08:20 AM »
CAN I LEARN THIS SHIT IN 2 DAYS????????????
WE SHALL SEE

except oops I have to rewrite most of this because I don't have an A clarinet rip me :(

UPDATE: that key change is wtf hard (or I'm bad, well maybe it's both) so oops I might only be playing the first part and people might just have to deal with it  :V
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:37:47 AM by triangels we have heard on high »

Edible

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 05:00:35 AM »
You could always learn dogsong instead

... in like 8 hours or whatever

Reddyne

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 01:26:23 PM »
Lobbums installed her new music program on like Monday afternoon and has already fashioned 2.5 songs out of the ether though really 2 will be used and that's still crazy.

Tried to get my Initial D Arcade Stage chops up with a friend one last time and had an epiphany over just how technique-based this game is. If you handle the corners on Irohazaka one way as opposed to another the difference in your time over the entire race is almost 10 seconds. That's a whole lot during a race.

Forgetful Jones edit: O hail ye con schedule gods for blessing my lowly self with no overlapping events that I wish to partake in during the con!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:41:57 PM by Reddyne »

triangles

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »
What's the half a song is there something she's still working on?

You could always learn dogsong instead

... in like 8 hours or whatever

anglesister also arranged the opening theme yesterday so that's like zzzzzzz sight read.  mr skeltal we found already done at least.

Worst case I'm only playing up to the key change and people are gonna be lucky they're getting anything at all :colbert:

Reddyne

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 03:12:21 PM »
What's the half a song is there something she's still working on?

anglesister also arranged the opening theme yesterday so that's like zzzzzzz sight read.  mr skeltal we found already done at least.

Worst case I'm only playing up to the key change and people are gonna be lucky they're getting anything at all :colbert:
She did some work on Bonetrousle before but like when there's already sheet music for it...

triangles

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 04:06:04 PM »
o rite, and that song is a pain in the ass so if there's already sheet music that saves a lot of trouble

SPEAKING OF WHICH Alyssa just emailed us more music an adaptation of something we're doing in orchestra but Leann can ezmodo sightread

triangles

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 10:48:51 PM »
First concert and things are already super hype

Edible

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 06:19:59 AM »
Today was a great magfest day.  I saw a cool concert, I hung out with a bunch of cool people.  Classic magfest really.

triangles

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »
My room is still asleep zzzzzz

Reddyne

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 04:41:41 PM »
MAGFest still best fest. The weekend was more or less about a handful of different stories:

For cons and stuff you really need to have a thorough look at the schedule to make the most of your weekend. I missed a few panels and all of MAGUnderground because I didn't look this stuff up.

Lobby and Triangles only had so much time for toots but I got to play groupie anyway.

There was so much Initial D going on and I stomped on newbies and then got stomped on myself by people with way more experience than me. The tourney had a slew of good people in it. The only picture I took all weekend was of a red Toyota FRS, which is the car I use most of the time in 8th stage.

The console room featured Contra, Link to the Past, and Super Mario World. I haven't played these games in a decade or more but I'm still good at them. How? Also Typing of the Dead is silly but the game basically told me to my face that having fingers is a privilege and mine should be revoked.

Metal Slug 5 is OK and 6 is CRAAAAAAAAP go play the other ones.

I put 3 months into Wizard Tiz and it came out kinda crap. Then I found out that I seriously need to up my wig game because the wig started to crush my skull and I dunno how to loosen the damn things. Meanwhile, I had two conversations with people over Dancer Bartz, a 5 week slapdash project. :V

The dealers' room had plenty of great stuff but I am now 32 and a semi-mature adult. 10 years ago I would have thrown all of my money out the window for this stuff and this year I couldn't be bothered to get anything beyond a polo shirt I can wear into work.

From the Virginia/Maryland border to Massachusetts in 8 hours despite THREE stops! WHOOOO!

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 04:46:58 PM »
From the Virginia/Maryland border to Massachusetts in 8 hours despite THREE stops! WHOOOO!

Good show! I'm quite proud. Even my speed-limit-ignoring lead foot hasn't been that quick in recent years.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

triangles

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 05:06:55 PM »
You know it was a good con when we didn't have time to post in the thread about it  :V

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 05:10:01 PM »
things

Oh right! Terribly sorry about the seeming-urgency of my relayed message. I thought I had gotten that information to you previously, but I guess I fucked up and forgot. :V

Would it be possible to let me know by next weekend? I'd like to have a final count by then so I can move forward.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

triangles

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 05:56:08 PM »
Can do, but as of right now without talking to MJP it's leaning towards no because it's a bit of a convoluted drive/timing coming from the opposite direction as the rest of you kiddos
(and I'll be in Massachuchu at least twice before then!)

Edible

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »
Today was a great magfest day.  I saw a cool concert, I hung out with a bunch of cool people.  Classic magfest really.

This summed up every minute of my magfest experience this year.

Reddyne

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 06:14:05 PM »
This summed up every minute of my magfest experience this year.
You forgot to mention the consistently elevated BAL or is that just a given at this point?

On a related note, Bit Brigade was fantastic as usual. Arc Impulse was a nice surprise. The other concerts I went to were good but were either lacking something or just didn't play enough stuff that I could take an interest in. Sure there was a lot of music talent on stage but what does that amount to when my unrefined ears are involved?

Edible

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 07:08:17 PM »
You forgot to mention the consistently elevated BAL or is that just a given at this point?

That's just a daily routine, magfest or no :V