Author Topic: Urapani!  (Read 5488 times)

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
Urapani!
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:03:39 PM »
The successor of Amapani! Has some improvements over the 1st (each character has a secondary attack), also much much harder.

I'm still figuring out how to get some of the grimoires, esp. the one in the end of World 4. Any tips?

<Karisa> Fixed title, since the original poster is inactive.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:46:07 PM by Karisa »

Re: Ura Panic!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:47:37 PM »
It's just "Urapani!". I'll quote what I was told about what the "Ura" means:
Ura means "back side" more specifically. And it is common to denote stuff that is "more" than something with it. Take the game of Taiko for example - it has the hardest difficulty that is called Taiko Oni, and then there's even harder one that is called Taiko Ura Oni. Meaning that there's something "behind" the highest point.

Essentially, it's just an in-house romhack of Amapani. As a fun fact, if you've been keeping Amapani up-to-date, you'll find that they've added the new character abilities to that as well, so the two games are now completely identical in terms of controls... It's just the levels in Urapani are more likely to make you throw your controller out the window. :V

Anyways, I'll just put this here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoUS23R3h5anM4pbScyYBijvFoXgHrMnJ

Currently, the only thing we have left to do is the extra world(s), which will be all kinds enjoyment for everyone involved.

Quote from: Darth_Sirov
I'm still figuring out how to get some of the grimoires, esp. the one in the end of World 4. Any tips?
If you mean the one on the boss stage, then
Spoiler:
in the long, vertical room just before the boss, at some point during it you step on a red platform on the right side. Once you get to the bottom near the checkpoint (don't hit the checkpoint if you want to be able to attempt it more than once), wait for that red platform to come down, and then use it to make a jump to an area below you to the left. You may need either Marisa or Nitori.
Either that, or if you have multiple players, you can just cheese it by abusing respawns. :V

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 05:31:08 AM »
I could use the aformentioned characters, but you'll die with those continuous firing fairies that you can't kill... that's what got me stumped atm. Would really like to pass this in 1 go, the boss is extremely annoying.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 12:15:18 AM »
Oh yeah, dying: That thing that hardly matters in multiplayer. :V

You might be able to do it with
Spoiler:
either Patchy or Alice. If you can make the jump with Alice, you can just block the bullets on your way down. Patchouli should definately be able to make the jump, and you should be able to hug the wall and fireball the fairies. From what I remember, the fairies fire just beneath your hitbox, so you should only get hit if the glass falls out from under you while you're on top of a bullet.
There's a checkpoint right after you get the book, so you don't have to do it every time you die to the boss.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 05:36:04 AM »
Might want to try with Patchy, I keep falling off with Alice as she doesn't have the distance jump the other 3 excel at. Thanks for the tips.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 07:51:28 PM »
Um. Very sorry about "up" this topic, but i have a problem.

Suddenly network play don't work and i get this message

Can someone say - it because developers shut down server/lobby, or why network don't work now?
Sorry if i asking question not in right place

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 05:28:34 PM »
@Algo:
Huh. I had been doing a co-op playthrough of Amapani! recently (and uploading the playthrough to YouTube-- I currently have 5 episodes up, and they go about halfway into world 2), but starting around 1?-2 weeks ago, we've been getting that same error message...

(Which I've been told means, "Cannot establish a network connection and/or the lobby server is down. Please wait and try again.")

...And we haven't been able to play co-op since. I really hope it's not because the server was permanently shut down...

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 11:13:30 PM »
I ran a test just a minute ago on both Urapani and Amapani, and I'm able to get to the connection screen instead of the error message. Maybe it was just a temporary outage? (I did get the error screen when I tried the day of Algo's post, so it's probably not just my copies being weird)

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 04:59:01 AM »
I ran a test just a minute ago on both Urapani and Amapani, and I'm able to get to the connection screen instead of the error message. Maybe it was just a temporary outage? (I did get the error screen when I tried the day of Algo's post, so it's probably not just my copies being weird)
Yeah, most likely. We just tried again about half an hour ago, and it worked for us now, so we're able to continue our co-op adventure! (Still, for it to be out for over a week seems strange...)

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 11:28:52 AM »
Network alive! Yahoo!

Now we can play urapani network and collect all books (at least we try do that~)
Good luck to  SomeGuy712x with amapani!~
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:30:54 AM by Algo »

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 04:25:48 AM »
Umm... I hope it's okay for me to post here, even though it's been nearly 11 months since the previous post, but this does have to do with Urapani.

So, first of all, I did complete my co-op playthrough of Amapani several months ago, and now we're considering doing Urapani, but it seems I need a UrapaniUpdater.exe file to update my Urapani game in order for it do be able to do online multiplayer, and I can't seem to find that file anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find that file?