Author Topic: Have You Paid Respects To Your God Today?  (Read 9237 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Have You Paid Respects To Your God Today?
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »

Today is the birthday of Jun'ya Ota, better known to us as ZUN. He is 39 years old.

I intend to drink a number of beers corresponding to attempting an intoxicated Touhou run. So since that's going to be Imperishable Night, that'll be eight beers and then go time.

How are you going to celebrate ZUN's birthday, TARC? Leave your warm wishes here and the Dragon God may bestow you with bright blessings and no clipdeaths.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:12:45 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
Re: Have You Paid Respects To Your God Today?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »
I am going to drink one while hugging the other one. I'll let you guess which is which.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 06:41:07 PM »
Okay, Len.  Just remember to TAKE IT EASY.  Ha... I'll be seeing myself out now...
All joking aside, I personally don't have much that I could be doing.  I suppose I could try learning some Touhou songs on the piano today; maybe get started on that Flandre drawing that I was planning for a few days now.
I just know what I know...

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 06:54:34 PM »
Since I didn't know ZUN's birthday, and it coincides with St. Patrick's Day, I didn't think about it that much. The most I'm doing right now is being glad I don't have to pinch him because of his green hat.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 08:08:36 PM »
Why couldn't his birthday be tomorrow? So I could have a drink in honour of him as well! (Tomorrow is friday)

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
Why couldn't his birthday be tomorrow? So I could have a drink in honour of him as well! (Tomorrow is friday)
His birthday is on the 18th, so you can drink as much as you want.

Tengukami

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 10:59:10 PM »
it coincides with St. Patrick's Day

Nope! It's the 18th. Which is what day it was in Japan when this was posted.

I know two holidays back to back devoted to drinking beer may seem excessive. Please drink responsibly.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 11:39:58 PM »
Damn it I can't drink alcohol for ZUN. Nevermind but I'll promise him Hard 1cc (dunno which game tho).

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 01:44:42 AM »
Let's all get drunk and play Touhou.

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 01:47:33 AM »
i'ts gooid dayu t get drumj

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 02:26:30 AM »
I may not have alcohol to celebrate his birthday but I'm taking a break from YouTube thumbnails to work on a long over due Touhou project between and friend and myself!
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 05:20:16 AM »
God is pretty not an accurate word since the first glance I saw this, I immediately thought somebody is starting a religious discussion. But rather, "The Creator!"

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 06:26:34 AM »
His birthday is on the 18th, so you can drink as much as you want.
ALL RIGHT, DRINKS UP!  :getdown:

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »
Nope! It's the 18th. Which is what day it was in Japan when this was posted.

I know two holidays back to back devoted to drinking beer may seem excessive. Please drink responsibly.
Oh my god, I'm so glad I forgot that Japan is in the future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »
I just spent half of my money on original Touhou games at a con. In light of the event I guess I gotta go back and spend the other half.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »
I'm not of drinking age, though, so I'm gonna have to do something else to celebrate. Any ideas?

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 06:56:06 PM »
I'm not of drinking age, though, so I'm gonna have to do something else to celebrate. Any ideas?
Turn your house room desk into a Touhou sanctuary or something like that I guess.

Tengukami

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 07:08:45 PM »

Invite your worst enemy over for a tea party, and have a confusing conversation.

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 08:15:08 PM »
Told him to bring Mima back
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 10:51:12 PM »
Retell him to bring every PC-98 characters back 'unchanged'. < don't forget that word

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2016, 12:32:04 AM »
After 3-4 tries consecutively, I 1CC normal DDC with SakuyaA for the first time, a second game in the series that I manage to 1CC normal in the honor of his birthday :D

Not so much for an achievement in general but well that's all I can do lol.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2016, 07:52:21 AM »
Wow........never realized the 18th was his birthday. I think I'll stick to green tea, though.

Funny coincidence: it's my mother's birthday too.

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 08:05:05 AM »
Invite your worst enemy over for a tea party, and have a confusing conversation.

Note that enemies tend to refuse such invitations out of hand, but become surprisingly cooperative if you offer the invitation directly after beating them up!
Truly, Touhou logic works in mysterious ways.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 10:40:04 AM »
I played EoSD for five hours straight.

I still cannot 1CC Normal.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 01:01:51 PM »
I played EoSD for five hours straight.

I still cannot 1CC Normal.
Don't back down ! Play it for 8 hours straight, bomb all the spellcards, keep trying stuff.

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 01:27:23 PM »
I praised the ZUN!  \[:P]/

... I was also kinda busy that day so I laid the smack down on some Lunatic level COM's in ULiL.

I played EoSD for five hours straight. I still cannot 1CC Normal.

I'll give you the advice that I received long ago that helped me immensely to 1CC EoSD... ReimuB... that is all.

It's tempting to use ReimuA due to her homing amulets but by the endgame they are simply not powerful enough to dispatch Sakuya and Remilia quickly enough to avoid you having yet another stupid death.

My 1CC on normal came a few weeks after practicing ReimuB for awhile. Her needles are more powerful so it means less time for you to have to avoid stuff being shot at you. And of course... you have to practice. Sorry buddy, there is no way around going past those tens of hours of memorizing bullet patterns and getting used to your little loli battleship controls around thick danmaku layers. Best of luck to you!  ;)

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2016, 06:48:05 PM »
I'll give you the advice that I received long ago that helped me immensely to 1CC EoSD... ReimuB... that is all.

It's tempting to use ReimuA due to her homing amulets but by the endgame they are simply not powerful enough to dispatch Sakuya and Remilia quickly enough to avoid you having yet another stupid death.
I just use ReimuA because I can't handle Patchy's true form. I did manage to 1CC it on Normal without any extra lives or bombs left eventually.

But I used five starting lives because I'm a pussy.

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 07:48:10 PM »
Happy late 39th birthday.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi