Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted to Touhou When... #9: Phantasm. of Flower View Edition  (Read 128334 times)

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
It was not long since I joined a group on Discord.  After a few weeks, just about everyone recognizes me as a Touhou otaku, even notifying me whenever a single Touhou reference is made.  Whenever we play Cards Against Humanity, someone makes sure to always make a Touhou reference when I am playing the czar,
I just know what I know...

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
When downloading more skins for osu!, I accidentally pronounced 'Catch the Beat' as 'Catch the Bullet', which then reminded me of 9.5: Shoot the Bullet.
I just know what I know...

I was at the library helping a student volunteer, and on the back of one book was a tiny picture preview of the cover of another picture book the author had done.  It had a little girl with her hair sticking up and in a ribbon, but as small as it was and as far away as I was it seriously looked like Yukari's gap to me!

I just noticed how I very often put my hand into my mouth just like Sagume does

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...

If you have this kind of loading screen, then I must tell you it's the Fantasy Seal! :]

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
I FINALLY met someone in real life who I can talk to about Touhou.

I take science classes on Saturdays. I noticed the guy next to me had Heart-Throbbing Adventure Koishi as his phone background. I asked him about it and we proceeded to spend the next twenty minutes talking about Touhou.

Also, I tend to find myself absentmindedly humming Native Faith.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
I take science classes on Saturdays. I noticed the guy next to me had Heart-Throbbing Adventure Koishi as his phone background. I asked him about it and we proceeded to spend the next twenty minutes talking about Touhou.
2 years ago, I put Koishi from KKHTA as my profile picture, my girlfriend found it cute, her friend knew she's from Touhou, I recommended KKTHA to him, thank God he refused.

One day on a certain toilet, I swear I heard someone whistling Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye. But by time I got out, he's already gone.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
One day on a certain toilet, I swear I heard someone whistling Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye. But by time I got out, he's already gone.
That... seems creepy.

I've recently gotten into a Dwarf Fortress like game called Rimworld. It's a game where a group of survivors from a space ship crash land on a strange planet and you have to build a colony to survive.

How douse this relate to Touhou?

The game was recently updated and I started a new colony. You have to generate the crash survivors before each new game and optionally give them names. I named one of the survivors Marisa Kiri.  :D

I didn't think it was a good idea to actually call her Kirisame just in case the character douse something un-Marisa like, like fall in love with another random male colonist or die fighting a raider.  Marisa wouldn't do that! :V

That... seems creepy.

Insert Marisa's Last word from ULiL joke here.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 07:25:59 PM by HalfGrand »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
You ever think about a certain time in your life and a Touhou theme comes to mind? Happens to me all the time.

Sitting in a cab at night driving down the highway to see my dad for the first time in six years: Voyage 1969
Late summer 2013, waiting for my friend in Sweden to come visit in the fall: Dwarf Castle of Shining Needles
Chilling with my ex in our old apartment: Kagome-Kagome

I could go on. Weird and wonderful how those themes seep into my life.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
I FINALLY met someone in real life who I can talk to about Touhou.
What, did you not try to get any of your regular friends into it like I like doing?

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
They seen immune.

They're the type of people who either only play modern FPS, don't play games, dislike moe or dislike the Japanese with a passion (Singapore curriculum in Hong Kong + patriotic fervour).
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

I can relate.  I tried to drag my ex into Touhou and he wasn't interested.  The only person I know that I can talk about it with is the pen-pal who got me into the games after excitedly telling me about a few of the characters.

I keep playing with my pens in school like they were danmaku lasers.
yea i'm weird  :V
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
They seen immune.

They're the type of people who either only play modern FPS, don't play games, dislike moe or dislike the Japanese with a passion (Singapore curriculum in Hong Kong + patriotic fervour).
Guess I'm lucky, then. The people at my school seem to be really open when I ask them to look up Touhou.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
I keep playing with my pens in school like they were danmaku lasers.
yea i'm weird  :V
Unless people are shooting you with these:

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

When German discounter brands make you happy.
http://postimg.org/image/zbbn2g0n5/

When you signed up just for this.

LinkyFW

• That one guy that loves Touhou but is terrible at it
  • Who the hell do you think I am!? Dont answer that.
Guess I'm lucky, then. The people at my school seem to be really open when I ask them to look up Touhou.
I got about 5 people from my school who got interested into Touhou because I told them to look it up. The rest of the classes hated it for no good reason... Plenty of them are jerks anyway. I mean, 5 people is pretty good. So I might be lucky? The people who hated it said "CoD and Minecraft are clearly superior." :/
Touhou 10 MoF Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Touhou 6 EoSD Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Touhou 7 PCB Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Touhou 8 IN Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Many left to go...

Learning Japanese mythology will never be the same after becoming a Touhou.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Learning Japanese mythology will never be the same after becoming a Touhou.
Makes me wonder, though, how long will it be until ZUN runs out of material from the Japanese mythos.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
Makes me wonder, though, how long will it be until ZUN runs out of material from the Japanese mythos.

When all else fails, migrate to other mythos, especially western ones.

But given that this is STILL just a small scale (since there's believed to be eight million gods or the Yaoyorozu no Kami), it will still be a looooooooong time before he ran out of material.

LinkyFW

But given that this is STILL just a small scale (since there's believed to be eight million gods or the Yaoyorozu no Kami), it will still be a looooooooong time before he ran out of material.
Sooooo... If eight million gods... Touhou 57.8 confirmed? Sadly, I don't Mima is in this game either.
Many left to go...

When all else fails, migrate to other mythos, especially western ones.

That's funny, because Double Dealing Character is mostly western mythology.

That's funny, because Double Dealing Character is mostly western mythology.

Eeeeeh? DDC had a mermaid and a werewolf. There rest were a rokurokubi, tsukumogami's, an amanojaku, an inchling (not sure if this is western or eastern) and and extra tsukumogami. Clearly there was more eastern than western.

Well, Hecatia Lapislazuli was based on Greek mythology so ZUN is already borrowing. But lets not forget that EoSD, ZUN's first windows game, also used vampires, a very western mythology. Heavens, even Marisa, who identifies as a *western* magician is not even eastern and she's the number two of Touhou Protagonists.

ZUN's whole eastern centered stance is a guideline, not a hard set law. He douse what he wants.  :V

The people who hated it said "CoD and Minecraft are clearly superior." :/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAhaha...haha...haha...ha...

Oh boy, where they serious? Did they also drink Red Bull energy drinks and wear their "OBEY" caps backwards?  :V

At least with Minecraft you can mod your game to make it look like Touhou.  :D

LinkyFW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAhaha...haha...haha...ha...

Oh boy, where they serious? Did they also drink Red Bull energy drinks and wear their "OBEY" caps backwards?  :V

At least with Minecraft you can mod your game to make it look like Touhou.  :D
1. It was pretty funny.
2. They were very serious. I went to school with them for 3 years, I know their serious face.
3. Funnily enough 2 of them did wear a OBEY caps (not backwards though) and even brought Red Bull (as well as Monster sometimes) to school sometimes because mornings suck.
4. ALWAYS have the Touhou mods on. A-L-W-A-Y-S. 
Many left to go...

Funnily enough 2 of them did wear a OBEY caps (not backwards though) and even brought Red Bull (as well as Monster sometimes) to school sometimes because mornings suck.

EPIC LOOOOOOOL!!! I was joking when I referenced those two things at random. Successful COD stereotype is successful!  :]

Send xXxNo0bBl@$TErxXx and {FaZ}360NOSCOPE6969 a Mountain Dew and a packet of Doritos next time you see them and put a card saying "Rest in Pepperoni" on their grave when they inevitably die of a caffeine overdose from drinking that energy drink crap.  :V
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:12:52 PM by HalfGrand »

LinkyFW

EPIC LOOOOOOOL!!! I was joking when I referenced those two things at random. Successful COD stereotype is successful!  :]

Send xXxNo0bBl@$TErxXx and {FaZ}360NOSCOPE6969 a Mountain Dew and a packet of Doritos next time you see them and put a card saying "Rest in Pepperoni" on their grave when they inevitably die of a caffeine overdose from drinking that energy drink crap.  :V
But... But.. I love my Mountain Dew... It helps me graze... :( 

Don't worry though they have plenty of Doritos, and energy drinks, etc. to go around. Meanwhile while they are "pwning some noobs in minecraufttt and Fish" I'm playing a game that makes people cry because of its difficulty.  :V   
Many left to go...

Eh, I guess it's just their opinion on Touhou. The Bullet Hell genre as a whole is not really that mainstream, so it's not a big surprise.

LinkyFW

Eh, I guess it's just their opinion on Touhou. The Bullet Hell genre as a whole is not really that mainstream, so it's not a big surprise.
It doesn't make much sense the they wouldn't like Touhou, because Touhou is a "Bullet Hell" and I guess CoD is a "Bullet Hell" because people are shooting their guns making bullets go everywhere!!
Hahahahahaahha!
Ok I'm sorry, I'll stop.  :ohdear:
Many left to go...