Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...  (Read 321965 times)

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...
« Reply #480 on: June 16, 2009, 10:33:10 AM »
at school at I had to make name for my newspapar. Guess what i called it?
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #481 on: June 16, 2009, 10:50:06 AM »
I didn't sleep the last week entirely. Half the time that I was supposed to sleep, I spent it on Touhou-related stuff, be it the games, this place or somewhere else.

Did I say half? I meant 85% or more.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #482 on: June 17, 2009, 02:03:10 AM »
I saw a sign for a place called DAZE and read it "da-ze".

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #483 on: June 17, 2009, 03:40:37 AM »
I suck at all but the 2 player Touhou games (IaMP, PoFV, SWR) which I've beaten....on easy modes. None of the other Touhou games, yet I still spend over 60+ hours a week playing the Touhou games....only to fail at stages 3-5. X(

FIGHT!

Sean

• The Disturbed Leader of Four Against Nature
« Reply #484 on: June 17, 2009, 05:56:22 AM »
You know you're addicted (and quite possibly insane) when you try to play the games even when you're in a disadvantageous position (Sick, Tired etc).

I REALLY have to stop picking the worst times to do a run or three.
This Signature only existed in my mind.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #485 on: June 17, 2009, 08:52:39 AM »
You know you're addicted (and quite possibly insane) when you try to play the games even when you're in a disadvantageous position (Sick, Tired etc).

I REALLY have to stop picking the worst times to do a run or three.
2:00 AM.
Only one eye working.
My best PCB run so far.
Fuck yeah I feel proud of that.

Easy Mode

« Reply #486 on: June 17, 2009, 08:55:34 AM »
PCB = Polychlorinated Biphenyl?
I saw PCB in a book of lists and smiled.

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #487 on: June 17, 2009, 03:46:28 PM »
I suck at all but the 2 player Touhou games (IaMP, PoFV, SWR) which I've beaten....on easy modes. None of the other Touhou games, yet I still spend over 60+ hours a week playing the Touhou games....only to fail at stages 3-5. X(
This.
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

« Reply #488 on: June 17, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »
I wanted to say "mathematical problem" but it came out as "magical problem". Imagine people in class' reaction to that.

misosoupwitheggplant

• stalking stalker a stalker.
« Reply #489 on: June 17, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »
I'm going to a con with one of my friends. Said friend has no idea what Touhou is, but loves ioSYS. I tried to tell her that the flashes were based on Touhou many times, but she's never heard me correctly. :/

She knows that there's an insanely difficult game called Touhou, where I put some of the songs on my phone as ringtones. I hope she knows by now that I make Touhou cosplays, and not ioSYS cosplays.

But... I can't wait for that con. It's in August, a couple days before I have to go back to school, and I'm going to cosplay as Jeff from Earthbound, and a Touhou cosplay I haven't decided on yet... I was thinking Aya, so I could take peoples pictures and still be in character... Or Koishi, or Alice, Or Eirin... Or Mokou... Or... Or...

But, you know you're addicted to Touhou when You Have Pictures Of Flan and Yukari on your dresser. Once my printer is alice again, I'll print pictures of other extra bosses.
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #490 on: June 18, 2009, 12:28:35 AM »
There's a series called 'The Lost Room'. It basically revolves around a (titular) motel room where something unspeakable happened and several objects inside gained bizarre and unnatural powers -- things ranging from the room key to a bus ticket.

Two objects in particular were being talked about -- one wholly useless, one useful, but together the two gained a new ability. The first was a wristwatch that you could hard-boil an egg on (place the egg on the top, and BAM hardboiled). The second was a knife (which it's not said what it does alone).

Before the one explaining the combination of powers finished telling WHAT the watch and knife do together, I guessed "time stop." Turns out it's telepathy, but you get my little anecdote by now, don't you?
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #491 on: June 18, 2009, 05:35:33 AM »
I was watching a history channel show about the Victorian Era so that I could figure out how to make Remilia's, Sakuya's, and Flandre's outfits the way they probably were made back then.

(FYI, a f*cking thunderstorm cut off power for the rest of the show right before they started the sgement I wanted to see)
 >:D :barf: C:-) =angry barfing policeman
 :akihawhat:

FIGHT!

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #492 on: June 18, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »
So I recently noticed that I've been copying Remi's "elegant hand gesture" for a while now.

What makes this even more confusing is the fact that I don't even like Remi, and have no idea whatsoever why I'd try to emulate her.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #493 on: June 18, 2009, 03:16:48 PM »
First, I've been going "ayayayayaya" and "myon" at work a lot (in addition to making kitty-noises).

However, what really got me was, I saw a box containing Hollander products upside-down. Now, what do you think the upside-down Hollander logo looks like, to one properly addicted to Touhou?

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #494 on: June 18, 2009, 06:09:34 PM »
So I recently noticed that I've been copying Remi's "elegant hand gesture" for a while now.

What makes this even more confusing is the fact that I don't even like Remi, and have no idea whatsoever why I'd try to emulate her.

Are you talking about Remilia's sitting pose?

Cause i find myself doin THAT a LOT! When i'm waiting for a page to load or a loading screen for a game. i end up sittin like that.  although fo rme my right hand is under my lip and my left arm is across my body instead.
....maybe i should adapt left hand under lip and right hand on left arm like Remi hahhaha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Moerin

« Reply #495 on: June 18, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »
Oh god, I do that too.  Although I was originaly refering to her hand... Thing she does in EoSD.  This one:

Seriously, I do that all the time without even noticing it.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #496 on: June 18, 2009, 06:51:24 PM »
OH that. haha. The vampire is creeping into your soul man XD
You say you dont' like her but 2 of her poses you imitate? she's creeping into you my friend. Accept it for it is now your FATE!
haha.

Seriously maybe....you actually do like her eh?
Though she's my favorite char (kinda obvious by now i'm sure hehe) i've never copied that hand motion from EoSD.

See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #497 on: June 18, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »
Remi is teh pawn. You should be banned for not adoring her.

Her first pictured pose is a fairly natural one imo. I'd be suprised if anybody hasn't done it at least once in their lifetime.

That 2nd one.. uhh.. yeah doesn't seem very natural at all... Unless your hand spazzes out while attempting to imitate the "cluck like a chicken" thing.

Lol at the "magical" math problem. I've done similar things before (though not touhou related, I'm still too noob at it).

Moerin

« Reply #498 on: June 18, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
She's, uh, actually my least favourite character.  I kinda feel bad about it, actually, as she's really the only character in the entire series that I don't like.

Sigh... The fact that I obsess over such a matter probably shows how addicted I am to Touhou, too.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

dustyjo

« Reply #499 on: June 18, 2009, 07:47:03 PM »
(in addition to making kitty-noises)

I do that a lot too D:

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #500 on: June 18, 2009, 08:15:17 PM »
Remi is teh pawn. You should be banned for not adoring her.

Her first pictured pose is a fairly natural one imo. I'd be suprised if anybody hasn't done it at least once in their lifetime.

That 2nd one.. uhh.. yeah doesn't seem very natural at all... Unless your hand spazzes out while attempting to imitate the "cluck like a chicken" thing.

Ah i guess your right that first pose is very familiar and typical of a schemer or something of that nature. but when you do thhat pose (or any pose in particular) and you notice it THEN i think we can say that we're addicted to that pose or the character that does it haha. I'll go with that then.
as for the EoSD pose......huh I think it was just ZUN's drawing and depiction that distorted the pose there haha. I dont' think you have to break your hand to get that look.
I'd imagine the pose looks something like this

give or take a few inches/angles haha.

btw we are addicted becasue of the SMIRKY AVATARS! XD
how many of us in a row with smirkies?! like 5? ahha. i lol'ed

misosoupwitheggplant

• stalking stalker a stalker.
« Reply #501 on: June 18, 2009, 10:04:14 PM »
I'm breaking the chain. It's making me insane-mad.

I was walking around the first floor of my house, heading toward the piano, when I realized that I was doing the Remilia pose. I was even going to play her theme on piano.
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #502 on: June 19, 2009, 01:29:03 AM »
in all of honesty, anyone replicating the poses wld look really silly... but flandre is moe

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #503 on: June 19, 2009, 01:32:59 AM »
Train going to Ronkonkoma is processed either as Kimontonkou or Roukanken.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #504 on: June 19, 2009, 01:34:41 AM »
Conversation I had yesterday with my sister

Her-"How come all of the pencils I buy end up with you at school?"
Me-"Yukari is fooling around again."

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #505 on: June 19, 2009, 01:44:34 AM »
In order to prepare us for the english exam occuring in the afternoon, my english teacher decided to show us all the stuff we needed to know was on the exam. One part of the exam was Identifying and Analyzing, which he shortened down to Idanal.

I caught on to the Freudian reference before he even said that a psychologist would burst out laughing at the name, all thanks to Koishi.

Also, I do Remi hand postures all the time. No one really comments, actually.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #506 on: June 19, 2009, 02:02:50 AM »
First, I've been going "ayayayayaya" and "myon" at work a lot (in addition to making kitty-noises).

However, what really got me was, I saw a box containing Hollander products upside-down. Now, what do you think the upside-down Hollander logo looks like, to one properly addicted to Touhou?
i tried looking at the lot upside down muffin......
i saw 3 things ._.

1. a bird going southeast...
2. something like a weird machine i'd see in star wars
3. danmaku bullets (2 of em)

I feel like i'm taking a rorschbach test looking at that thing. @_@

Edit:

4. Shinki's ahoge

dear god.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #507 on: June 19, 2009, 02:11:16 AM »
dear god.
:akihawhat:
You're overthinking it way too much.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #508 on: June 19, 2009, 02:13:27 AM »
Simple answer is simple. Even Cirno could get i-- Oops, huge hint.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #509 on: June 19, 2009, 02:26:20 AM »
haha you knwo what happened?
I flipped it the wrong way so i didn't see it. i flipped it and it looked like an incompleted "P"
i lol'ed at my cirnoness.