Author Topic: Touhou Quest  (Read 4900 times)

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Touhou Quest
« on: October 26, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »
So I've picked this game up but had some problems with it - bugs if you so will.
Searching really only came up with a thread on these very forums about its release and nothing much else.

The experience-bar for those three (and also a fourth character) and I assume anyone who tries to levelup beyond 23 just rolls back over to the beginning, fills over what was there and they can't level-up anymore.
I also cannot pick up any more bronze/copper/whateverthebrownonesare coins.
Well, I can still find them in chests or as loot but they don't go in my inventory, which leaves me stuck at having 1 (or 4, before I spent them).

I had those two problems the first time playing and then restarted. I don't know exactly when the things with the coins started (
Spoiler:
I still can collect Silver coins
) but it feels like it was around the same time on both files. (shortly after the first story-dungeon
Spoiler:
the one with Murasa as the boss
)

So, is there anyone else who had this and can help me? (Or didn't have it but can still help me)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:58:05 PM by Yookie »

Mew seeker

• Find things
Re: Touhou Quest
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:25:39 PM »
If you have not tried that yet, maybe you should look at the developper website for a update patch?
It worked for me for Touhou Labyrinth. X D

You can wish for anything!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
Is there an english patch in the works for this game?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 12:40:51 AM »
There isn't. It has an archive type that, unlike the archives for Genius of Sappheiros, Devil of Decline, and Phantasmal Summoners, hasn't been cracked yet, and until it is, neither Touhou Quest, nor Nightmare of Rebellion, nor Marisa's Kirisame Magic Shop can have an English patch.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 01:29:01 AM »
I did look for an update patch on their website but didn't find anything.
It's not impossible that I overlooked it but I kinda doubt it.
There's just a link to Melonbooks and a Download-page related to the game with both not having something like it.
(Melonbooks wouldn't have updates anyway, would it?)

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »
Oh thanks anyway, by the way does phantasmal summoners have an english patch?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 03:08:40 PM »
I have not fund info about those things in the Japanese wiki but I would keep the link just in case for the eventual update.
http://www57.atwiki.jp/thqt/pages/7.html
Also, aren't coins used to get more equipment?
Perhaps your equipment list is full or something? Maybe not but I would experiment with that just in case. Fuse stuff and see if something happens?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:11:19 PM by Mew seeker »

You can wish for anything!

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »
I only have 5 pieces of equipment, so that's not it. And as I said I can still collect Silver Coins. It's just really strange.
But I found a way to patch the game in the launcher. :v It seems to take a while but I'm running that right now so hopefully it helps.

Well, can't get the actual update to install. It's kinda strange.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:05:18 PM by Yookie »

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 12:32:09 AM »
Had to bump this, Touhou Quest last verstion is 1.0.7. All games using the Sagiri Resolution System engine (TQ, NoR, and Mahouten) require these steps to update:
1 - Create a directory "SagiriUpdater" in "My Documents".

2 - Create a file "Update.ini" inside the folder.

3 - Write in the file:

[Update]
TargetDirectory=<Your Game Directory>

4 - Run the UDM Update from any location.

If you have more than one of these games installed at once you'll need to edit the directory address to match the game you're trying to update.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 07:43:49 PM »
That's quite useful, thanks.
I tried it for Touhou Quest but couldn't make it work. Probably some typo, I'll look into it some time later.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 01:49:12 AM »
Ex: if your game is installed on C:\GAMEFOLDER\ it should look like this:
[Update]
TargetDirectory=C:\GAMEFOLDER\
Below is a template attached, just unzip into My Documents (or equivalent if OS uses non-english dirs), and then edit the file to the correct game path.

The .ini uses ANSI encoding, the game's default install folder uses Kanji, as such if your OS language doesn't match the game's own the file will end with mojibake characters instead of the proper path name, either install the game into a custom folder or edit the file using a proper system locale (or applocale, etc.), also the UDM Patcher needs to be executed under the proper locale (JP/applocale) or will fail to update (all Bose's *.exe use Kanji filenames if I do not misremember).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:51:15 AM by Cjd2524 »