Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F  (Read 245383 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F
« Reply #960 on: October 30, 2015, 04:46:50 PM »
So a while back, someone (I forget who) posted a charagraph pack for LoT2 using the images from Puppet Dance Performance.  I went and adapted those images in turn to LoT1:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddpogo2ubf1m7q8/PDP_CharaGraph.rar

I'm not 100% happy with how I sized the large faces, and may redo them later, but I was throwing this together quickly to use on a draft run I'm slowly picking away at with a friend.

http://imgur.com/dewmAu5

I think there something wrong with your face, Marisa.

I will report more bugs as I come across them.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to add that it's only the small and large face that does that.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 03:51:01 AM by Inubashira »
Feel free to poke me on Discord. Inubashira#2738

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #961 on: October 30, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »
Cirno: Useless-tier. Tenshi has 100 SPD-debuff resistance so Cirno can hardly land any Speed-debuff at all (only once in 5 fights) but Reisen can easily land it with Discarder due to having 100% chance.

Reisen has her Intense Vertigo to help her inflict her debuffs, friend. And Cirno's Icicle Fall needs to be leveled up to at least level 3 to have a 100% chance, meaning that at max level, it's chance of landing is actually at 112%. Besides that, if you want to slow Tenshi down, inflicting Heavy would be much easier to do, as she's weak to that ailment as well. If you're willing to dabble in Toxicologist, anyone can inflict heavy on her, and from your team composition, it seems that either Mystia(Instant Attack, subclass can boost Silence from MCM) or Reisen(Intense Vertigo) would be best for that cause.

I have a question. I noticed that there are only 9 people listed in your fight against Tenshi. May I ask who else you would consider "unappreciated"?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:36:40 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #962 on: October 31, 2015, 01:11:39 AM »
Reisen has her Intense Vertigo to help her inflict her debuffs, friend. And Cirno's Icicle Fall needs to be leveled up to at least level 3 to have a 100% chance, meaning that at max level, it's chance of landing is actually at 112%. Besides that, if you want to slow Tenshi down, inflicting Heavy would be much easier to do, as she's weak to that ailment as well. If you're willing to dabble in Toxicologist, anyone can inflict heavy on her, and from your team composition, it seems that either Mystia(Instant Attack, subclass can boost Silence from MCM) or Reisen(Intense Vertigo) would be best for that cause.

I have a question. I noticed that there are only 9 people listed in your fight against Tenshi. May I ask who else you would consider "unappreciated"?

Oh my, I didn't thought of that one before.  :3

Just tested it, yeah, Icicle Fall (max level) can now actually proc on Tenshi. Reisen without Intense Vertigo also now have a hard time debuffing Tenshi's Speed. (doesn't proc at all) So, the debuff must be stronger than 100% chance to actually pierce through the 100 Debuff-resistance...hmm. So yeah, inflicting Heavy on Tenshi would be easier.

On to the next topic, the reason I have only 9 people in that team because there's no more people that I think they are "unappreciated" so I put some (de)buffer instead (Keine,Aya, Reisen.) If you think someone is bad/not really worth put into the team, you can suggest them but I won't play as them the whole game now due to the university.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #963 on: October 31, 2015, 05:43:12 AM »
I noticed myself that marisa's magic missle in lot2 is pretty badass... and her master spark is really quite awful..sometimes magic missle would do more damage even because it would pierce better =/. And the times magic missle would do less, master spark would only do like double... not worth it at all.

But uh, in regards to landing debuffs, I only played lot2 like 1.3 times or so, and am still pretty unfamiliar with formulas and stuff (actually they weren't out at all last I played but I knew some kind soul found them since then), I found debuffs to be generally unuseable for most characters in lot2 when I needed them to work. Kogasa on the other hand, I could make hers work all the effing time. I know hina is the debuff queen but I don't think even she can land her debuffs as reliably as kogasa's -mnd debuff... But just curious, are there any other characters who can virtually always land debuffs on even highly resistant enemies? I once thought any character with arm twisting probably qualified, but iirc there was another character I played with using arm twisting and she for some reason didn't succeed at landing debuffs as often as kogasa.

Shadowlupus

« Reply #964 on: October 31, 2015, 08:15:57 AM »
First, I need to explain that in LoT2, the enemies' have separate debuff resistances. For example, 9F Tenshi has 0 Debuff-resistance to DEF and MND. This means she can be debuffed in Defense and Mind quite easily even with someone with weak Debuff. Tenshi also has a Debuff-resistance of 60 in ATK and MAG so you need stronger debuff for it to proc. I don't know how strong it is needed, though.

Lastly, Tenshi has Debuff-resistance of 100 in Speed so it is nearly impossible to debuff her Speed without someone with 100% or more Debuff chance. Note that even with 100%, it is still hard to proc so you need more than that for it to land reliably. You can use Reisen's Intense Vertigo or Sheer Force/Arm-Twisting skill to lower the resistances.

Kogasa has a fixed 100% Debuff chance in her Dark attack so she can almost always land a debuff even on the most resistant enemies. Other characters with a fixed 100% Debuff chance are Kasen, Utsuho, Alice, Eirin, Reisen, Iku, Kanako and Eiki. Hexer's subclass spell also has a fixed 100% chance. However, Hina and Suwako (her CLD spell only) are the only ones with 100% chance who can increase the Debuff chance further through leveling up their spell.

Also, the debuff resistance listed in Keine's bestiary is for Attack-Debuff only.

And also, Marisa's underwhelming Master Spark is the reason why I put her in "Team Unappreciated."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:21:31 AM by Kageshirou »

« Reply #965 on: October 31, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
Kageshirou, are you using the enemy stat viewer to check those? I had it downloaded but I forgot to back it up after a reformat and the links are now dead. Do you mind uploading it somewhere?

Shadowlupus

« Reply #966 on: October 31, 2015, 10:32:43 AM »
Someone reuploaded it to the page 22 of this thread and it's still functional so go check here.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=17586.630

« Reply #967 on: October 31, 2015, 12:02:27 PM »
Thanks a lot!

« Reply #968 on: October 31, 2015, 03:22:14 PM »
I noticed myself that marisa's magic missle in lot2 is pretty badass... and her master spark is really quite awful..sometimes magic missle would do more damage even because it would pierce better =/. And the times magic missle would do less, master spark would only do like double... not worth it at all.

But uh, in regards to landing debuffs, I only played lot2 like 1.3 times or so, and am still pretty unfamiliar with formulas and stuff (actually they weren't out at all last I played but I knew some kind soul found them since then), I found debuffs to be generally unuseable for most characters in lot2 when I needed them to work. Kogasa on the other hand, I could make hers work all the effing time. I know hina is the debuff queen but I don't think even she can land her debuffs as reliably as kogasa's -mnd debuff... But just curious, are there any other characters who can virtually always land debuffs on even highly resistant enemies? I once thought any character with arm twisting probably qualified, but iirc there was another character I played with using arm twisting and she for some reason didn't succeed at landing debuffs as often as kogasa.

I don't remember Master Spark even being good until end game but it still weaker in 2 from what I have seen and Yuka doesn't have it anymore.  They should have given her an other spell card.

With Hina around now, a lot of the other characters are not as useful.  If there is a debuff/buff that happens along with an attack that is pretty good though.
Byakuren just flat out makes some other characters practically useless.  I hope the expansion balances the characters out so the OP ones are not so OP, and the weaker ones are better.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #969 on: October 31, 2015, 04:22:05 PM »
And also, Marisa's underwhelming Master Spark is the reason why I put her in "Team Unappreciated."

This is why I'm glad for the fact that Marisa can serve as a Mind tank. Her elemental resistances can be fixed via the library to easily remove all weaknesses, she's fast and has Healthy and Lively to help mitigate most status ailments somewhat, and thanks to Sheer Force, she can inflict ailments and debuffs via the Toxicologist and Hexer subclasses. Also, as I have said a number of times before, I think that Marisa would do well with Toxicologist due to the spells effectively becoming four different flavors of Earthlight Ray from the first game thanks to their cost and post use gauge compared to her normal spells, except that they don't actually suck due the both their elements and the status ailments that they inflict. Also, both the stat boosts from the subclass and the Toxic Defense skill compliment Healthy and Lively and go a long way towards dealing with Marisa's low ailment resists. It was like she's made to use it.

Personally, I would honestly want to see what would happen if someone were to replace "Main Character - Marisa" with "Piercing Attack", just to see if granting a 20% piercing effect to all attacks would help in terms of damage for Master Spark. After all, Master Spark is supposed to do a tremendous amount of damage due to how it works, so a guaranteed 20% of that should make it effective enough for it to be usable, right?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #970 on: November 01, 2015, 10:06:21 PM »
I wouldn't consider Marisa to be underappreciated in LoT2. She definitely loses usefulness as the game progresses due to more and more big enemies resisting Mystic but for the slew of fights in the early to mid game, Marisa's Master Spark has been extremely helpful.  For both Iku and 9F Tenshi, Marisa took out a huge chunk of their health with a buffed Master Spark. I just realized I deleted my video of the Iku fight when clearing out space on my computer but I still have the Tenshi fight uploaded to remind me why I keep Marisa around, at least until late game.

« Reply #971 on: November 03, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »
Just beat 9F Tenshi with Calamity Four (Yukari, Hina, Parsee, Kogasa). It was surprisingly easy, I got her on the first try and no one died, though Parsee almost got killed because I put her in the third spot instead of the fourth one which in hindsight was pretty dumb of me instead of putting Kogasa there. Oh well, very smooth fight either way.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #972 on: November 04, 2015, 04:30:54 AM »
how to beat 9f tenshi without any losses. Every time I try to beat her she occasionally sword of raptures people even if I never cast a buff, very frustrating. I never find her hard to kill anyway if I grind up to 40 or whatever her bonus cap thing is but still.

« Reply #973 on: November 04, 2015, 11:39:09 AM »
how to beat 9f tenshi without any losses. Every time I try to beat her she occasionally sword of raptures people even if I never cast a buff, very frustrating. I never find her hard to kill anyway if I grind up to 40 or whatever her bonus cap thing is but still.

It's extremely easy to beat 9F Tenshi without losses if you abuse HP-focused Momiji tank with some SPI/NTR resistance and her stupid switch synergy with Chen. Once you've got a tank who'll eat Sword of Raptures all day, you just need 3 more people who can survive Violent Motherland and you're golden.

(This is also pretty much the only way to reasonably beat 9F LV80 Tenshi)

Shadowlupus

« Reply #974 on: November 04, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »

Did someone in your party have a "gain buffs every turn" passive skill? Even if you never cast a single buff but if the passive buff reaches 100%, Tenshi will still use her Sword of Hisou. If not, you might have mistaken her other attacks as Sword of Hisou instead.

« Reply #975 on: November 04, 2015, 09:49:21 PM »
Hi there. I have just beaten the final boss of the game (yay) and have some question:

-Where can I find the regeneration heart? It seems that I missed it. Also, how can I obtain the Ame no murakumo item? I suppose I will obtain every item of page 6 in the post-game content (and maybe the Murakumo), but I don't know were to find the regeneration heart.

-About FOEs, I have data of 11 of them. The only 1 I have seen and cannot beat is the one in 16F that heals itself for more than 170.000 each turn. Do I need to beat that one to unlock the achivement of register all 12 FOEs or is there another FOE which I cannot saw? Also, are those 12 FOEs the ones I need to eliminate to obtain the achivement of "There isn't a single FOE alive"? Well, not that 12 cause Yuugi doesnt appear again, so only 11.

-Lastly, I only have 10 stone of awakening. Did I miss 2 of them or are they in the post-game content?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:54:06 PM by JotaDe »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #976 on: November 04, 2015, 10:42:57 PM »
And with this post, we're 25 posts away from 1000. Does anyone want to make a new thread to continue this, because I'm more than willing to do it again if no one else minds.

« Reply #977 on: November 05, 2015, 12:49:49 AM »
And with this post, we're 25 posts away from 1000. Does anyone want to make a new thread to continue this, because I'm more than willing to do it again if no one else minds.
Please add a link to a NG+ save file of the first game: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7188.0;attach=15055 (copied from an old thread)
And LoT2 database stuff: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=17586.630 to the OP

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #978 on: November 05, 2015, 04:05:59 AM »
Please add a link to a NG+ save file of the first game: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7188.0;attach=15055 (copied from an old thread)
And LoT2 database stuff: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=17586.630 to the OP

The NG+ file is for which version of LoT1? And what is included in said file? Sorry if it sounds obvious, but I need to ask now so that I can post it and people won't have to ask about it later...

« Reply #979 on: November 05, 2015, 04:10:31 AM »
The NG+ file is for which version of LoT1? And what is included in said file? Sorry if it sounds obvious, but I need to ask now so that I can post it and people won't have to ask about it later...
It's for 3.01. It's a save file with all characters at lv 1 with their base stats.
And the link points to the post with the database stuff. It contains Enemy Info, Spellcard Info, Passive Skill Info and AI Dump.
Should I make a zip with all of these and upload as a single thing or a link to the post is enough?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:17:37 AM by Ryin »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #980 on: November 05, 2015, 04:17:50 AM »
It's for 3.01.

Thank you.

And the link points to the post with the database stuff. It contains Enemy Info, Spellcard Info, Passive Skill Info and AI Dump.
Should I make a zip with all of these and upload as a single thing or a link to the post is enough?

I wasn't asking about the links, actually. I can input said links via copypasta. I just need to know what the NG+ file has in it(characters, etc.).

Edit: Know what? I'll just start the new thread now, and you can tell me later, Ryin. I apologize for my impatience, and for sounding rude.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:10:21 PM by Kirin no Sora »

« Reply #981 on: November 05, 2015, 05:44:41 PM »
nvm, posted in new thread

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #982 on: November 05, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »
nvm, posted in new thread
There's a new thread?

« Reply #983 on: November 06, 2015, 02:23:36 AM »
There's a new thread?
You've probably already seen it, but:
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19029.0.html

Edit: Know what? I'll just start the new thread now, and you can tell me later, Ryin. I apologize for my impatience, and for sounding rude.
I tried PM'ing you but I don't know if I forgot to tick to save a copy of the message in my outbox or if I closed the tab without sending it. So I'm posting here just ot be sure.
It's new game with all characters with base stats.