Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F  (Read 245374 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 10:36:29 PM »
12F Tenshi was one of the easiest bosses so far. Somehow she still used Sword of Hisou on Meiling though, otherwise I would've had a perfect victory. I'll just call it bad luck I suppose, pfft.

In other words, the fire stratum is REALLY cool. What isn't as cool is Yuuka. How the hell do you Yuuka. She either kills me or almost kills me and will kill me in her next turn. Whaaaaat.

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 10:39:25 PM »
IIRC 12F Tenshi spams violent motherland if she has any debuffs. Could be misremembering, though.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »
What isn't as cool is Yuuka. How the hell do you Yuuka. She either kills me or almost kills me and will kill me in her next turn. Whaaaaat.

With Yuuka you need a little luck. Her Reflowering heals for 10%, she can potentially spam that scent-spell that buffs all stats but if she's nice she won't do that too often. She's also more weak to Cold than she is to Fire.
Spoiler:
She also still has her Desperation-Phase like in LoT1 where she alternates between Focus and Multitarget Masterspark when she reaches low health.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 07:02:49 AM »
IIRC 12F Tenshi spams violent motherland if she has any debuffs. Could be misremembering, though.
Maybe she used to do that, but the last time I fought her, she didn't. Should be able to test that out whenever I decide I want to grind up to beat the Magatama in my third playthrough.

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 03:15:50 PM »
Maybe she used to do that, but the last time I fought her, she didn't. Should be able to test that out whenever I decide I want to grind up to beat the Magatama in my third playthrough.

Well in that video Tenshi didn't get a single non-scripted turn to do anything, so that explains the lack of violent motherland. Nice strategy though. :)

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
Honestly I just steered clear of debuff spells. Rumia murdered her easily enough with careful switching, really.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 09:12:57 PM »
Picked Lot 2 recently. I i remember playing demo and it was quite fun. Doing pseudo-hard mode first playthrough.
Progress. Cleared 1F. Squirrel was annoying, but quite easy, Youmu only got 2 attacks and didn't kill anyone before focusing and being owned by Kogasa+Rumia combo with Marisa doing some decent damage as well. Got my first death by 2F FOE. Somehow managed to beat said FOE on my second try at average party level of 6.
Not sure who's going to be in my final party.
And some questions.
Cirno. I guess she's still composite and mainly used for her slow/par procs and is still better as pure attack than mix of attack/magic?
Rumia. Quite like her so far. Is she a good party member? I am not sure, but i remember her to being deal some quite good numbers from the demo.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:17:45 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 10:58:41 PM »
I didn't use Rumia much during the maingame, but I picked her up for the postgame stuff and was actually amazed. Her attacks are good, she can pierce defenses with a skill (or ignore them completely with dark side), and her heal is pretty good too. She levels quickly, so she's probably a good choice for any magic up gems you find as well.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 12:43:49 AM »
Cirno is pure magic, so use her as such. With her move white album and with the full team ⑨, she can be quite tanky. Use her as a 2nd slot tank with Wriggle being main tank.

Rumia is pretty good. She's not particularly squishy or bulky, but she does good damage. She also has a heal. Rumia's full potential can be brought out in Team ⑨, but she isn't as reliant as Cirno. In terms of Team ⑨ reliant-ness, I would say Cirno needs it the most, with Wriggle needing it the least. Mystia doesn't even really need it either, especially if you make her subclass gambler.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 09:12:52 AM »
Cirno is pure magic, so use her as such. With her move white album and with the full team ⑨, she can be quite tanky. Use her as a 2nd slot tank with Wriggle being main tank.
What? No. She's Composite in two of her spells and ATK on Diamond Blizzard Actually, she's ATK on all her spells, just Composite in formulas for two of them. No idea where you got the idea that she's pure MAG...

She probably is better as pure ATK if you're not using her for utility since Diamond Blizzard only scales with ATK.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:15:36 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
Not sure who's going to be in my final party.

I would definitely not worry about that right now. Your main party will most likely change after every third floor considering you'll probably want to adapt to the weaknesses of the enemies in that area. And you'll also notice that you probably personally prefer character x over y. Just play the game and go with the flow, you'll adapt soon enough.

Edit: Yuka's fight is so silly oh my gosh. After a billion tries of dying either to Gensokyo's Reflowering spam or not being able to kill her before Master Spark toasts my party, I have a good start with Suika dealing lots of damage and taking almost none in return.
Then it goes REALLY downhill as she debuffs TWICE in a row and kills Suika. Later on she also buffs, debuffs then uses Gensokyo's Reflowering.

So I was atleast desperate to get to Master Spark, which I ended up doing. I had a few party members left, this time Aya who always died before Yuuka attempted Master Spark, no idea why.

So of course with most of my damage dealers dead (one of the last I had was Nitori), lots of people die. I actually end up with Aya dodging and only Aya and Nitori left.

So then there's an endless cycle of Nitori and Aya concentrating, Aya switching out Nitori before Yuuka sparks.

I end up winning the fight after firing two Super Scope 3Ds. Just because Aya dodged 3 Master Sparks.

Whyyyyyyy. This is so damn silly after all my tries. I mean I totally don't mind because I finally got it over with but come on, LOL.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:41:28 PM by Monothemeerp »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 08:47:23 PM »
What? No. She's Composite in two of her spells and ATK on Diamond Blizzard Actually, she's ATK on all her spells, just Composite in formulas for two of them. No idea where you got the idea that she's pure MAG...

She probably is better as pure ATK if you're not using her for utility since Diamond Blizzard only scales with ATK.

Wait really? I thought she was magic/composite. That doesn't make sense to me at all. Cirno doesn't sound right scaling from attack to me.

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 09:44:41 PM »
Wait really? I thought she was magic/composite. That doesn't make sense to me at all. Cirno doesn't sound right scaling from attack to me.
If I recall correctly, she was attack+composite in the first game too.

Also I am unbelievably angry. This is the HP of the 15F final boss when my last girl died: http://prntscr.com/562qk9

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 12:06:28 AM »
She is most assuredly attack/composite in the first game. I doubt this changed.

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 03:03:26 AM »
So....While the plus disk comes out Should i try touhou pocket wars? If so, the first or the second game? (Also, how the heck i english patch the second game, i only got a weird file >.>)

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2014, 03:10:36 AM »
She is most assuredly attack/composite in the first game. I doubt this changed.
And the fact that Cirno uses such formulas for her spells and can make good use of defensive and speed boosts to her stats means that Transcendent is a excellent subclass for her(sadly, said subclass is the last one that you get in the game, but still...).
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2014, 08:12:01 AM »
So I was atleast desperate to get to Master Spark, which I ended up doing. I had a few party members left, this time Aya who always died before Yuuka attempted Master Spark, no idea why.

I stopped using Aya, because I feel she is a bit too cheesy, over any of the other characters I have tried.
But by now, you should have 2 or 3 First Aid Kits. Aya is pretty tanky even without a First Aid Kit, since her evasion is nuts. Aya - Healer in Slot 1 or 2 and another tank in Slot 1 or 2 and you should be good to go.
But I haven't faced Yuuka yet, trying to get the BP to face Flandre.

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2014, 03:13:58 PM »

I actually did Flandre just now. Really, if you aren't overleveled and come prepared, it's a pretty easy fight. Make sure to have people survive Forbidden Fruit (having Reisen on the front line with Wavelength of Insanity soaks up enough damage for your front line to not die) and enough of your nukers survive until she uses Great Catastrophe, then just murder her. Pretty simple really.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
I stopped using Aya, because I feel she is a bit too cheesy, over any of the other characters I have tried.
But by now, you should have 2 or 3 First Aid Kits. Aya is pretty tanky even without a First Aid Kit, since her evasion is nuts. Aya - Healer in Slot 1 or 2 and another tank in Slot 1 or 2 and you should be good to go.

Using Aya in that kind of way is pretty cheesy honestly. Aya isn't that tanky, she has terrible mind albeit she has good HP. You're better off putting her in slot 3 imo.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2014, 02:12:10 AM »
Since the english patch is fully out I decided to hurry and finish up LoT1 but I had a question on what most people do with equipment. I'm not very far in the game, I need to fight Cirno but doing some grinding first till I feel ready to wipe the whole floor. But I've been getting a lot of equipment but not sure how to go about equiping my party, should I focus on one stat (EX: Remilia- Power belt x3) or go for a nice balance of Str, Def, and something else like SP recovery?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2014, 04:06:48 AM »
Using Aya in that kind of way is pretty cheesy honestly. Aya isn't that tanky, she has terrible mind albeit she has good HP. You're better off putting her in slot 3 imo.
Aya's cheesy due to her evasion, huh? I wonder if Alice would be considered more so due to her Doll Guard skill, which pumps up her evasion to be better than Aya's and that's before you get a Tome to give her the EVA Boost skill.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2014, 05:11:54 AM »
Aya's cheesy due to her evasion, huh? I wonder if Alice would be considered more so due to her Doll Guard skill, which pumps up her evasion to be better than Aya's and that's before you get a Tome to give her the EVA Boost skill.

You misinterpreted it Kirin. I was pointing out that putting Aya in the Slot 1/2 as a main/secondary tank is cheesy. Not Aya herself being cheesy, nor evasion being cheesy. It's useful when it's high, and especially useful with characters like Aya or Chen. Chen even gets bonus evasion from Ran's focus, and a lot of it too. But there are moves the bosses use that can never miss, and being hit when you rely solely on evasion will result in insta death and strats ruined. I was just trying to say to Starxsword that using Aya in that sort of way is cheesy, not Aya herself.

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2014, 06:31:31 AM »
Really, if you aren't overleveled and come prepared, it's a pretty easy fight. Make sure to have people survive Forbidden Fruit (having Reisen on the front line with Wavelength of Insanity soaks up enough damage for your front line to not die) and enough of your nukers survive until she uses Great Catastrophe, then just murder her. Pretty simple really.

I level down to below challenge level when I face these bosses to get more prizes. So far Youmu can survive everything. Except that level 128 boss I accidentally ran into with crazy regen.

Not too sure if having terrible mind is that much of an issue. Youmu, for example, has no trouble being a slot 1 tank and never really dies. But then, I did give her 20 training manuals and other power ups and at level 65, she has 70 levels to stats, 20 levels to affinity from library.
I also specifically not give Youmu MP, because that is counter productive to using Meikyo Shisui.

Just build Aya in the HP department and you should be fine putting her in slot 1 or 2. The evasion tanking is a nice bonus, but she can survive a big hits from bosses.

She is cheesy, because of her skill set and speed. She can stay in any battle permanently and speed buff your team automatically. With Healer, she heals and speed buffs your team's speed really fast.
Have her in slot 1 or 2 with pure HP build. Give her 1 Meteor Drive, Arch, Lambda Drive or Star of Elendi, depending on the situation.
You use Guidance on herself. Then, just do normal attacks or put a second Guidance on herself. She should have taken 3 to 4 actions before any character gets their first action. This gives them a nice 24% speed bonus and only goes up from there.

She doesn't work too well with Hina though. Since she will passively buff Hina's speed and you want it in the negatives instead.

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »
I level down to below challenge level when I face these bosses to get more prizes. So far Youmu can survive everything. Except that level 128 boss I accidentally ran into with crazy regen.
Oops, meant to say underleveled there.

Not too sure if having terrible mind is that much of an issue. Youmu, for example, has no trouble being a slot 1 tank and never really dies. But then, I did give her 20 training manuals and other power ups and at level 65, she has 70 levels to stats, 20 levels to affinity from library.
I also specifically not give Youmu MP, because that is counter productive to using Meikyo Shisui.
Hm, good to know Youmu actually does have a use. In this run I totally neglected her aside from the Komachi boss battle :/

How is the chance to dodge something calculated anyway? At first I thought it was a percentage (lol) but that'd be super silly considering how easy it is to boost Alice or Aya to 100 EVA.

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »
Just in case anyone is still wondering, the "Out of reach" Items on 9F Extra are

-Midnight Oil Set
-War Mask of the butcher

so you arent really losing out too much from that tiny space, so dont worry people  :V

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2014, 02:53:53 PM »
How is the chance to dodge something calculated anyway? At first I thought it was a percentage (lol) but that'd be super silly considering how easy it is to boost Alice or Aya to 100 EVA.

I suppose it goes like this: Anything has a base accuracy of 100. To that go accuracy boosts from the used attack, equipment etc. and accuracy mali get subtracted.
Also subtracted is the amount of Evasion the target has.
The final number is the hit-percentage.

To me that seems sort of plausible but I have no confirmation.

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »
Just in case anyone is still wondering, the "Out of reach" Items on 9F Extra are

-Midnight Oil Set
-War Mask of the butcher

so you arent really losing out too much from that tiny space, so dont worry people  :V

How did you get it?

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2014, 08:39:41 PM »
I tested what someone said before,In the data folder find the file called "TD09" thats the floor 9 tile info, I just edited 3 squares in, walked into the zone and picked the items, The # Means a walkable square

Preferably to edit this place,easy to reach by going 8F extra and going upstairs and you just edit 3 squares in to walk (Make a backup copy of the TD09 File before doing this, just in case)

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2014, 10:22:47 PM »
Hm, good to know Youmu actually does have a use. In this run I totally neglected her aside from the Komachi boss battle :/

If you just do actions that consume no MP, she makes a good tank. Meikyo Shisui is kind of like a cheap version of all of Byakuren's buff into one. That + Regeneration + Desperation, and it is very tough to kill her.
For example, when I accidentally ran into that level 128 boss, it wasn't that Youmu cannot survive. It was simply that I cannot do enough damage. If I change my setup a little bit, Youmu can tank that boss forever.

I suppose it goes like this: Anything has a base accuracy of 100. To that go accuracy boosts from the used attack, equipment etc. and accuracy mali get subtracted.
Also subtracted is the amount of Evasion the target has.
The final number is the hit-percentage.

I can't imagine them doing a linear equation for Accuracy, since Accuracy, as a percentage, is not linear.
I'm guessing it is similar to how speed is scaled. Scaling less as you reach higher evasion.

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2014, 01:26:43 AM »
So after extremely cheesing the Three Sacred Orbs (3 levels under the challenge level) with Yuyuko's Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana's DTH effect and killing the attack orb first turn... I'm punished with the 19F random encounters being a higher level than me. I'm not sure if I regret my decision or if I don't.