Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F  (Read 245386 times)

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:21:26 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 12:21:27 AM »
Don't see why this is being made now, the last one hadn't hit the page limit.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »
Don't see why this is being made now, the last one hadn't hit the page limit.

I made this because the last thread was less than 50 posts away from 1000, so I figured "It's close enough to the limit, let's make a new one before we hit that...". Besides, I don't see the problem of doing this now, because I don't see why hitting the absolute page limit is necessary, really.
If the mods or anyone can tell me why the thread has to hit the absolute thread limit before starting a new one, then I'll apologize and follow the rule next time the thread is running close to the limit.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »
I hate you for doing this because it means I need to set another thread for notifications -shakes fist-

Joking aside, I'm okay with a new thread. I think once my Asura kick on Elsword ends I'll probably pick this game back up and do even more theorycrafting before practicing.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »
Thanks, for the vote of confidence, Axel. I really do need one, to be honest. (And no, I'm not taking the "I hate you for blah blah blah" seriously. I'm taking the "I'm okay with a new thread" as your sincere words.)

Back to being on topic for the thread itself, any news on the LoT2 expansion thing, or is that still a mystery?

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 03:09:33 PM »
Nothing on his blog, at least. Don't know if anyone is checking this twitter.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 03:20:37 PM »
As far as I can tell from the twitter (using machine translation so it's entirely possible I missed something), it doesn't seem like he talks much at all about the game outside of when the site's updated. I haven't seen anything in quite a while, at least from what I've gotten.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »
I hate you for doing this because it means I need to set another thread for notifications -shakes fist-

Joking aside, I'm okay with a new thread. I think once my Asura kick on Elsword ends I'll probably pick this game back up and do even more theorycrafting before practicing.

That game is just a friend chat for me until wind sneaker gets revamped  :V

Anyhow, back on topic, I cant honestly play LoT1 again after playing 2, it feels so slow and something feels off, i dont know how to describe it

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »
Checking the twitter once in a while, and he talks about everything but the game, so I'm wondering if it's dropped or not, since we haven't had any news in months now. I guess we'll see once Comiket 87 comes around.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 08:43:16 PM »
Checking the twitter once in a while, and he talks about everything but the game, so I'm wondering if it's dropped or not, since we haven't had any news in months now. I guess we'll see once Comiket 87 comes around.

No, I think that's par for the course. I don't think he's dropped it.

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 09:09:15 PM »
So... any recommendations on who to take for the 9F required boss?
I picked Kaguya instead of Mokou at 5F, by the way.

My current party:
Komachi
Satori
Toxicologist Wriggle
Eirin
Kaguya
Iku
Rumia
Okuu
Monk Aya
Minoriko
Meiling
Someone who I forgot

I still have a stone ready, I think, btw.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 11:57:24 PM »
So... any recommendations on who to take for the 9F required boss?
I picked Kaguya instead of Mokou at 5F, by the way.

My current party:
Komachi
Satori
Toxicologist Wriggle
Eirin
Kaguya
Iku
Rumia
Okuu
Monk Aya
Minoriko
Meiling
Someone who I forgot

I still have a stone ready, I think, btw.

Oh boy, you're about to fight annoying Tenshi. Ok so...

Kaguya is a good idea to have. She is one of the few people who can do consistent damage to Tenshi despite her not having Silence or Heavy with Swallow's Cowrie Shell. Eirin can help too albeit it isn't as good as Kaguya's mind ignoring ability.

You need people who can inflict heavy or silence on Tenshi. Otherwise, you won't be able to hurt her. Get nature resisted up, and ofc put some money into stats of your main tank and main attacker.

Another thing to note is that Tenshi hates buffs. If you buff yourself, she will use Sword of Hisou on you which is practically an OHKO. However, there is a way around this. You can quickly buff the person of interest, then quickly have them retreat to the back. After Tenshi takes a turn, take them back out. She shouldn't use Sword of Hisou on them. You might wanna test this out first.

And yeah, Tenshi is really annoying.

Your Toxicologist Wriggle is a very good idea. Tenshi doesn't have too much poison resist, but she doesn't have high HP because of her extremely high defenses. So use your poison. But if you're gonna do that, you're gonna need to run a pretty tanky team. Tenshi hits really hard, ya know.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 12:28:01 AM »
Another thing to note is that Tenshi hates buffs. If you buff yourself, she will use Sword of Hisou on you which is practically an OHKO. However, there is a way around this. You can quickly buff the person of interest, then quickly have them retreat to the back. After Tenshi takes a turn, take them back out. She shouldn't use Sword of Hisou on them. You might wanna test this out first.
Just to let you know SHE DOES still sometimes attack the buffed person's slot even when you switch out to another person it's rare, but it happens sometimes.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 08:52:50 AM »

You can kinda cheese 9F. I don't know about other characters, but buff up Youmu, give her Spirit Resistance items or defense items, Regeneration, Meikyo Shisui and just have her do normal attacks to self buff. This way she will self buff and cause Tenshi to always target her with Sword of Hisou. HP Youmu can easily survive 9F Tenshi's Sword of Hisou. If you are worried, also give her Desperation and Monk Class with Body Revitalization.
Don't make the mistake like I did and also buff other characters, because Tenshi will target other characters and they won't survive the Sword of Hisou. That was how my Kaguya died and the fight took a lot longer than it should.

Kaguya can be Sorcerer Class and have the enhanced normal attack and just have her do normal attacks. She hits pretty hard with them.

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
Go Yuugi! Use Anomaly!

But seriously, Kaguya is good.

BTW does anyone know if you get anything if you somehow manage to beat 9F golden aura Tenshi and 12F Sword of Hisou?  (Basically after Tenshi dies and comes back after some dialogue)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 03:23:41 PM »
Go Yuugi! Use Anomaly!

BTW does anyone know if you get anything if you somehow manage to beat 9F golden aura Tenshi and 12F Sword of Hisou?  (Basically after Tenshi dies and comes back after some dialogue)

I think both fights drops something. One has Cinderforge Sword as a drop, not sure on the other.

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 04:07:50 PM »
Fight took me only two tries, yay.

Wriggle's poison was strong but utterly unreliable. I think she only landed it twice in each try :/

I also made Yuugi a Monk for this fight which I totally don't regret because without Iron Leaning Mountain I could absolutely not have done this fight.

Edit: Would you suggest to recruit Kanako or Suwako first? Just who would be more practical for the boss fights before you get the other
Edit #2: Scratch that. Practically no boss battles happen on 11F so I guess it isn't worth choosing by who's more useful.

Edit #3: Ended up picking Suwako :V

And her damage is just amazing. I do not regret this at all.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:14:32 PM by Monothemeerp »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »
Suwako can act like Flan if you give her Gambler and deals really great damage that way. Of course not as much but without the drawbacks.
If you have others who can use her +Nature damage passive then you may want to not use the increased damage taken so that you can use that.
Full Moriya-Clan + Yuuka for example can easily melt faces.

Kanako is more of a bulky stay-in mage and does a really good job at that. I like picking her for my party.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 09:18:25 PM »
As a new player to LoT2, it's a bit overwhelming with how many ways I have to advance my characters. Is there a guide for how I should prioritize my skill points? (Stats? Skill levels? Passives?)  It's pretty overwhelming, even though the game's pretty fun so far!

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 09:30:52 PM »
One disadvantage to picking Suwako is that you'll have a harder time fighting the mirror on 12th floor... It's ok though. It isn't undoable.

Also nyttyn there is no guide. But if ask what to prioritize for each and whatever character, you can ask.

One thing you must always remember is that level bonus points can always be moved around.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 10:25:11 PM »
You can use The Wiki for any information you may need[/url], or ask us for any assistance you may need.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 07:16:11 AM »
As a new player to LoT2, it's a bit overwhelming with how many ways I have to advance my characters. Is there a guide for how I should prioritize my skill points? (Stats? Skill levels? Passives?)  It's pretty overwhelming, even though the game's pretty fun so far!
The wiki's character pages can help you decide how to distribute points but honestly, the only thing that's semi permanent are the levels you spend in the Library. Everything else can freely and easily switched around so honestly, I'd just experiment and figure out how I want to play the game.

Like the others, I certainly wouldn't mind giving you advice and what not for each of the characters, if experimentation is not your cup of tea.

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 11:55:10 AM »
Go Yuugi! Use Anomaly!

Tenshi 9F:

Ame-no-Murakumo 12F:

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 12:12:47 PM »
What the heck. Instead of Tenshi being a brick wall it's Remilia and Sakuya.

I always lose key members for killing Remi before Sakuya dies and then I can't keep up with her buffing at all and she just kills my party one by one.
I also put all my level up bonuses that were in MND to DEF. Aaaaargh.

Edit: Turns out my strategy was completely wrong and I have no one but myself to blame :V

Changing party members does some serious wonders.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:32:25 PM by Monothemeerp »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
What the heck. Instead of Tenshi being a brick wall it's Remilia and Sakuya.

I always lose key members for killing Remi before Sakuya dies and then I can't keep up with her buffing at all and she just kills my party one by one.
I also put all my level up bonuses that were in MND to DEF. Aaaaargh.

Edit: Turns out my strategy was completely wrong and I have no one but myself to blame :V

Changing party members does some serious wonders.

Yeah you really should not be trying to kill Remi first. It's too much of a hassle in the long run. Sakuya can kill the squishy powerful allies with her constant AoE attacks when Remi can only kill one tanky person who could probably survive the hit anywho. Remi's is a lot easier to handle then Sakuya. Not to mention Sakuya has Star level debuff resist while Remi is very weak to it.

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2014, 04:20:12 AM »
Yeah you really should not be trying to kill Remi first. It's too much of a hassle in the long run. Sakuya can kill the squishy powerful allies with her constant AoE attacks when Remi can only kill one tanky person who could probably survive the hit anywho. Remi's is a lot easier to handle then Sakuya. Not to mention Sakuya has Star level debuff resist while Remi is very weak to it.

I was killing Sakuya first, not Remilia. Might have worded that poorly, whoops.

Also, it kind of sucks that after having to grind for Tenshi you have to level somewhat for RemiSakuya and now for two more bosses...

Edit: HOW THE HELL DO YOU KILL THIS THING. The mirror is so damn unkillable. If Kaguya takes a single hit (which she can because this thing loves to kill Aya so I can't switch Kaguya out fast enough) the fight is almost over because most of my damage is just... gone. I'm really unable to properly switch my allies in and out, what the heck.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:17:07 PM by Monothemeerp »

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 06:03:38 AM »
Change how your characters are set up. If Aya is dying too quickly, set her up so that she can take a hit. Aya - Healer or Monk with HP build. But Aya - Healer is pretty cheesy, since Aya is so fast and can actually take hits. Then, put her in slot 3. The mirror should not be able to hurt your slot 1 character at all.
Swap in Kaguya when its safe, attack once or twice, then swap out Kaguya.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 06:50:47 AM »
Oh the mirror... I hated that thing. A lot. I died I think 11 times to that thing.

Anyway what I can recommend to you is one thing: Debuffs. Use the Hina. Setup up your main stay ins with at least 50-60 debuff resistance, and just debuff away. Iirc mirror uses magic attacks, so Hina should be fine. Use concentrate if your characters are getting too debuffed. Give her HP/Mnd equipment and physical resistance because magic physical aoe is mean.

This is also that moment when you regret not taking Reisen and Kanako, because mirror is harder if you don't have them. It's still very doable though.

Another character I would recommend using is Suika. Hopefully you'll have Suika at this point. She's pretty expensive, which is annoying.

So yeah, debuffs. Good luck to you.

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »
Thanks for the help, however, now the Magatama is being an issue too, gah. Somehow I'm not having a trouble of my damage dealers dying but rather my damage being unimpressive :/

Also, sorry for asking for so much help every time I post, haha.

Edit: Great Catastrophe always gets me. Whenever it uses it Reimu never has enough MP to heal my party back up again because the Magatama loves to go crazy on me before it uses that move.
Edit #2: So after giving Kasen and Reimu MP Main Equipment I win the fight.

Really? :( It just took two freaking equipment items for me to win. That's pitiful.

Oh well, let's see what 12F Tenshi brings to the table.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:59:12 PM by Monothemeerp »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »
12F Tenshi isn't as bad as 10F Tenshi because she's weak to dark this time. However, she LOVES spamming violent motherland. So the same strategy you had before will work now, except cater it more to dark attackers.