Author Topic: Homestuck Thread: It begins... again... again... again, FINAL COUNTDOWN edition  (Read 75578 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
So, I suppose the massive shit will go down on Wednesday.  Let us all rejoice at the end of act fucking six.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
COLLIDE
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2016, 04:34:36 AM »
:* mdkdjajmdsmdssd. That was off the HOOK.  :getdown:
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

MatsuriSakuragi

This. This is what I was holding out for.

I may not even understand what is going on anymore, but I don't even care. That was fucking phenomenal.

Spoiler:
gotta love that undertale shoutout too

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Yeah that was great, even if we still have the largest loose end of all remaining.

Edible

I'm not sure what I actually expected, but it wasn't an 18 minute glorious romp through hamsteak's entire roster.  Each individual fight exceeded my expectations, and the way they often interacted with each other was fun.

Huss made the right call just putting the whole thing on youtube this time around <_<

There was so much shit in this update that I'm gonna have to watch it again later.

Edible

Having rewatched it and flipped through the thoughts of some People Who Actually Remember Details About The Plot,
Spoiler:
it appears that Collide may be a setup for something much bigger than EOA7 (or the week's worth of updates we're about to get) can forseeably cover.  Perhaps a tie-in to Hiveswap, or Hussie's next work?

Edible

Aw, everything worked out better than expected.

Spoiler:
I'm sure this won't backfire horribly.

Edible

Well, that's the most touching scene in the comic.

Now to see how the other shoe drops.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The next one is the final intermission update before all of Act 7 is put out on Wednesday. Hyyyyype
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Edible

Jesus.  Literally what even is Act 7, if they're really just going to wrap everything up now <_<

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Killing Lord English and making the new universe I guess? Hussie has said in the past Act 7 is supposed to be -really- short. Like, "I wasn't surprised to hear he's posting it all in one day" short. The concept is slightly hard to grasp after Act 6 turned into this massive monster.

Collide hardly even started the battle against LE, Vriskers was so busy punching Hussie's face she never took out the weapon that makes him not invincible.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Edible

Yeah, I guess my concept of scale is completely gone at this point.

MatsuriSakuragi

Whatever happens, it's going to be good to finally get some closure so I can stop wondering about it. :P

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Well, it's over. It was handled nicely, neatly, and stunningly.

And now... we wait for the game. Which, a lot like the comic's end itself, would probably have been here already if it weren't for SOMEONE. But I digress, 'cause other than that, I am pleased.

In any case...
Spoiler:
"Thanks for playing."? You're welcome!
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
oh boy I can't wait to find out the things
*things are not explained*
ASGDFHGFHGJGHGFHGFH

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Explanations, huh. Well, this summary sums up the events in the ending pretty well. Sure, it's not official, but it's something.

Edit: Also, the update newspost has been appended.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 05:44:16 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

MatsuriSakuragi

So that's that, huh. Very pretty ending.

Spoiler:
though i am still wondering why it was once said that gamzee was the most important character despite him not even showing up

i was kind of expecting some sort of ridiculous nonsense coming from him there

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Well, probably because
Spoiler:
it was really Lil' Cal. Gamzee was simply in his proximity, and became Lil' Cal's herald and eventually one of the main ingredients for Cal to become LE.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

MatsuriSakuragi

Hm, I guess that makes sense, even though it's kind of weird.

Spoiler:
but i honestly didn't like him anyway so he's just fine trapped in a box forever

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Well...
Spoiler:
"Forever" is subjective thanks to Weird Time Shit. He eventually will get out of that fridge and meet Caliborn and help him with his quest and eventually be bisected and sucked into Cal, thereby closing that particular stable loop.

...I'm honestly surprised I remember that to make the conclusion.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Edible

Look, what's really important here is Can Town.

It's hard to feel that this is the ending given that Huss has already said there will be an epilogue, so we'll see what else comes of it.  Regardless, I'm glad it's over and happy it wasn't a surprise fuck-you ending.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
well uh

the final battles happened and all the good guys won with no losses except some double-dead ghosts, and then everything went according to plan and they won the game.

ironically, that is simultaneously the last thing I expected, and also the most boring outcome possible. :T

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Well shit, okay, I'll take that over 'we think killing kids constantly is a good source of fuel for a story'.

MatsuriSakuragi

I was personally hoping for more dramatic tension to fuck with the heartstrings, but I can't say I'm disappointed with the ending. I feel neutral to it overall, I suppose-- hopefully the epilogue will tie up some more loose ends.

As for killing kids constantly, at least
Spoiler:
we know they can't stay dead for long thanks to Dave's time shenanigans, like in [ s ] collide
?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
*Returns from being non-existent for this final time thanks to the ending.*

I caught up with most of the story through my saved bookmarks of important parts and animations, and both this and collide have been quite an emotional roller-coaster for me. Mostly the fact that it ended.... huh, I followed this for 6 years. An end of an era... Still got some shivers in my bones.

Anyways, I found this on twatter which I think explains the ending and the story of HS the best: First Part - Second Part Obviously Spoilers.

Well that's it then.

*Disappears forever.*

Edible