Author Topic: Homestuck Thread: It begins... again... again... again, FINAL COUNTDOWN edition  (Read 75814 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Homestuck Thread ver. 2015: It begins... again... again
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2015, 02:47:12 AM »
OH SHIT

IT FINALLY HAPPENED

:getdown:

x2 combob

The shenanigans never stop shenaniganinginging.

Edible

« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2015, 03:18:57 AM »
:dragonforce:

Edible

« Reply #272 on: July 18, 2015, 03:28:43 AM »
I estimate there are eight updates left before we initiate what can only be called the Omegapause. I'll start posting them on monday, and probably post a thing every day thereafter, but we'll see how it goes. After that will be a long wait for conclusive content. Probably quite a long wait.

I sure can't wait to... wait for another year.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #273 on: July 18, 2015, 09:16:25 AM »
Yep. That's my last shred of interest gone.

Maybe the story will finally fucking end by the end of this decade. But I'm kind of tired of waiting. I've already forgotten the vast majority of the story and the convoluted mess it is now makes absolutely no sense without context and I just don't have the drive to reread it again .

« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2015, 05:47:44 PM »
Omegapause...sounds like it will be the last one, maybe.  I'm still looking forward to the big fighty fight.
I probably skimmed through most of the big  conversations in the last updates, anyway. Probably wouldn't try to read it all over again either.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2015, 12:03:53 AM »
Updates start once more!

Spoiler:
Another squared sprite! Say hello to Davepetasprite^2!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:05:10 PM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Edible

« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2015, 12:52:29 AM »
I am horrified.

« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2015, 10:52:51 PM »
Considering the current context before that, I think that was maaarvelous.

« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2015, 02:10:37 AM »
oh okay then

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2015, 11:13:36 PM »
this is

this is utterly disgusting

in the way only someone like andrew hussie can make kind of funny and amusing

but it's still gross like holy crap, it's almost impressive
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2015, 06:49:01 PM »
These things that have been happening sprite wise seem like something stupid that a fan would make and call "oc do not steal" and stuff. But it's something that the author put in here as part of the whole thing, and it's actually quite amusing.

« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2015, 11:04:00 PM »
shit it's been so long since we've gotten an actually good flash

That was the last update for a good while.
oh

rip

Edible

« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2015, 11:32:15 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what was accomplished with that flash, but okay.

See this thread in a year or whatever, maybe I'll forget about hamsteak entirely this time :V

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2015, 12:34:55 AM »
Seemed to me it was
Spoiler:
all of the ghosts that were made from the deaths in Game Over (+ its timeline) have re-appeared/been gathered, thanks to Terezi's Mind powers. Oh and her making amends with the Vriska from her ghost's timeline. Y'know because the present timeline's Vriska stole Meenah. Bittersweet feels!

We'll probably find out more when the comic starts updating again in a couple of months. Maybe.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Edible

« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2015, 01:35:58 AM »
Whoops, I said I was going to make an update about the pause soon, but then I accidentally forgot this website existed for several weeks. Sorry about that! But then again, pause announcements aren't very exciting, and I already told you there would be a pause, so it PROBABLY doesn't matter much? Anyway, here it is. The Omegapause Announcement.

If you go by page count, Homestuck is about 99% done. The remaining 1% will involve another stretch of pages, and some heavy animation work, which I probably won't even start for another month or two, as I catch up with some other work. In case it hasn't seemed obvious by now, I'm not in much of a hurry anymore. The manic rates of production this site used to enjoy will not be revisited. I won't be making 13+ minute animations in six weeks anymore. (That is very fast, if you didn't know.) All remaining content will be created at a pace more in keeping with the spirit of sanity. It will be done when it's done.

As for when that is, I don't have any concrete projections. Maybe it will all drop some time next year? Hmm, seven acts in seven years... sounds pretty good to me! Maybe it will work out that way. I guess we will have to wait and see. I think it will be good though. If it was going to be bad, you'd be watching it tomorrow.

In other news, the entries for the We Love Fine Shirt Design Contest are in, and ready for votes. There are a bunch of good ones! Thanks to all who submitted a design.

In short, "more updates when they're done in a year, lol"

Edible

« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2016, 05:57:02 PM »
Bumping since we're about a month out until the end of Homestuck (ostensibly).

I decided that now would be a good time to do a reread, so I've been slowly going back through it.  Currently in act 5, and it's really kind of amazing how fast the plot moves and how relatively easy is to keep track of everything before the disaster that act 6 has been.  I'm not even sure if I'll be able to make it through the rest of the comic after Cascade, since I just don't give much of a crap about any character introduced after it save for Meenah and maybe Roxy.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2016, 08:38:34 PM »
I hardly remember half of the characters, much less care. I'm just gonna watch the flashes for the animation and the music.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #287 on: March 17, 2016, 11:17:37 PM »
I, for one am stoked for the final parts of Homestuck finally reaching their completion and will gleefully be reading through every word of it.

It's kind of frustrating it didn't come sooner, granted; but that was The Fine Gentlemen's fault, running away with the game dev money he was given (and using it on making the King's Quest revival instead), which forced Hussie to have to do it mostly himself and the workload of both things at once was what caused all of this waiting and waiting and waiting. But now in a month or two the waiting should and probably will be over at last.

Can't wait!
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Edible

« Reply #288 on: March 18, 2016, 12:04:15 AM »
It's kind of frustrating it didn't come sooner, granted; but that was The Fine Gentlemen's fault, running away with the game dev money he was given (and using it on making the King's Quest revival instead), which forced Hussie to have to do it mostly himself and the workload of both things at once was what caused all of this waiting and waiting and waiting. But now in a month or two the waiting should and probably will be over at last.

Yeah, that whole situation with the original dev was really shitty, but we're still talking about Act 6 taking four and a half years to complete.

Acts 1 through 5 were finished in something like two and a half, for comparison.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #289 on: March 18, 2016, 03:53:18 AM »
Yeah but hussie's pace was utterly superhuman up til act 6, NOBODY has EVER put out that much content that fast for as long as he did, you couldn't really expect him to keep that up forever. I do agree that hiveswap basically killed homestuck though

The pace of updates with act 6 isn't the real problem though, the issue is more that it just sucks :V

I think hussie didn't actually know how he wanted to end this thing. There's so much fourth wall second-guessing of his own writing sprinkled thoughout act 6 I think he was feeling really dissatisfied with his own work up til that point
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:55:25 AM by Stuffman »

Edible

« Reply #290 on: March 21, 2016, 01:45:52 PM »
The pace of updates with act 6 isn't the real problem though, the issue is more that it just sucks :V

I guess this was the point I was trying to get at.  Act 6 has less than 300 fewer individual pages than the rest of the comic combined, so it's of approximately equivalent length, and the story was just straight up worse.  The fact that it took even longer to get through Act 6 definitely didn't help matters much.

I think hussie didn't actually know how he wanted to end this thing. There's so much fourth wall second-guessing of his own writing sprinkled thoughout act 6 I think he was feeling really dissatisfied with his own work up til that point

This had been evident for a while, yeah.  I wonder if act 6 was intended to be much shorter than it actually wound up being.

With that said, there's still plenty of good content in act 6, so I can't actually say as a whole that I disliked reading it.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #291 on: March 21, 2016, 04:54:12 PM »
Act 6 was a big reason why I started losing interest-- I felt that introducing the parallel troll cast was not only unnecessary, but disrupted the story and made it drag on for much longer than it ever needed to. That's not to say the content is bad, it's just that it really pulled me out of enjoying it.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #292 on: March 28, 2016, 09:16:23 PM »
...IT'S HAPPENING. The end begins now. :toot:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:26:41 PM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Edible

« Reply #293 on: March 28, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »
Oh fuck.

Rocket ass.

Edit: Title appended.

wait isnt this is karkat who
Spoiler:
fell in the lava? so he didnt die from that?

oh wait or is this the retconned karkat which is why he doesnt remember anything?

its been a while i dont remember anything lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:41:06 PM by King Suikama »

Edible

wait isnt this is karkat who
Spoiler:
fell in the lava? so he didnt die from that?
nah

Edible

The davepeta seizure effect is too strong.

Edible

A callback to one of the best parts of hamsteak.

I'M GONNA TRIPLEPOST OR WHATEVER AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME

things are finally happening

all we need now is a new sbahj

Edible

Oh shit, it's actually
Spoiler:
a Denizen.

Spoiler:
And that Lord English guy, who knew he was still around.