Author Topic: How to make Alice Margatroid Cosplay  (Read 1714 times)

How to make Alice Margatroid Cosplay
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:21:21 AM »
I'm thinking about cosplaying for the 2015 fanime in San Jose as Alice Margatroid...
It was suggested that those of us who plan to be in the tournament cosplay as our main characters for 12.3
but how do I do this?
Please help?
I don't have exp in sowing, but I'm willing to learn
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:23:21 AM by tomahawk99781 »

Re: How to make Alice Margatroid Cosplay
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 03:35:50 AM »
The first thing you should do is look up some good reference pictures of the character and try to imagine how her clothes would work in 3d space. You could also look up pictures of others' Alice cosplays to see how they did it. I think the cosplay.com forums have threads about cosplay tips, so maybe look at those. Keep in mind that not everything has to be sewn by yourself. If, while shopping, you find a blouse (for instance) that would work well, feel free to get it and save yourself some trouble. As a very last resort you could buy one of those full premade cosplays but I've heard they're expensive and sometimes poorly made, so I wouldn't advise it. If anything in this post is wrong, folks can correct me, as I don't actually know that much about cosplaying. Don't take my post as any kind of truth, gospel or otherwise.