Author Topic: Murasa Quest - Go Get 'em, Captain!  (Read 69671 times)

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
Re: Murasa Quest - Go Get 'em, Captain!
« Reply #390 on: January 10, 2015, 02:44:59 AM »
Quote from: Namusour
>What do we know of the Oni who inhabit the Underworld?
Not much, really.  They seem like pretty good folks who just want to have a good time, though they hardly ever came by the Palanquin Ship while it was underground.  Any who did have since left your memories, given they never really did anything worth remembering.
>Or the other residents, for that matter.
Rin "Orin" Kaenbyou came to your temple an awful lot.  You recall she works under somebody that most of Former Hell didn't like for some reason, though you can't quite recall the name or why nobody liked her.  She had a friend everyone called Okuu, and you remember that Okuu was responsible for the geysers going off and has the god Yata-Garasu in her, which makes her immensely powerful.  You were also a bit acquainted with the tsuchigumo Yamame Kurodani, but you can't really say you know her too well.

You also seem to recall somebody from Former Hell showing up at about the time Kokoro came to Gensokyo.  Now if only you could remember her name, or what she looked like...

« Reply #391 on: January 10, 2015, 07:33:45 AM »
Stepping off the players box for a moment, does that last part mean you follow the 'everyone forgets Koishi' bit from Symposium?

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #392 on: January 10, 2015, 07:53:01 AM »
Stepping off the players box for a moment, does that last part mean you follow the 'everyone forgets Koishi' bit from Symposium?
You mean I actually followed canon without even knowing it? :O

Butyeah, I guess pretty much that, though I do like to think that Kokoro didn't forget who Koishi is (given the latter was the one who stole the old Mask of Hope and all)

« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2015, 01:14:31 AM »
Ah. Ah, well.

>"And I don't really like being talked to like that. Last time I checked, the tengu didn't own the whole mountain."
>"But look, we're not here for any kind of trouble." Snort out a chuckle, "Had enough of that tracking this item as it is. So, we thank you for your tip. And, if you'll point out the nearest entrance to the Underworld, and give us some info on this Crow you want us to keep an eye out for, we'll be on our way." Dart our eyes over to Nue briefly, then add, "All of us."

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2015, 06:41:56 PM »
>"And I don't really like being talked to like that. Last time I checked, the tengu didn't own the whole mountain."
"W-Well...you're out of kappa territory, at the least."  Pointing toward the shack, she continues "This marks exactly halfway up the mountain; everything from here upward is tengu turf."
>"But look, we're not here for any kind of trouble." Snort out a chuckle, "Had enough of that tracking this item as it is. So, we thank you for your tip. And, if you'll point out the nearest entrance to the Underworld, and give us some info on this Crow you want us to keep an eye out for, we'll be on our way." Dart our eyes over to Nue briefly, then add, "All of us."
"Down at the bottom of the mountain there should be a cave near the kappa city.  That should lead you down to the Underworld."

« Reply #395 on: January 14, 2015, 12:54:54 AM »
>Do we know of any alternate, closer entrances to the Under?

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2015, 07:13:54 PM »
>Do we know of any alternate, closer entrances to the Under?
No, but going back down the mountain should be quite a bit faster than the climb up since someone suggested you climb on foot.

« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2015, 07:38:19 AM »
>"And if we find this lost crow of yours, what would you like us to do with her?"

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2015, 10:40:08 PM »
>"And if we find this lost crow of yours, what would you like us to do with her?"
"Personally, I could care less.  But the tengu in charge want her back, so bring her back up with you once you find her."

« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2015, 08:18:02 AM »
>"And since I'm guessing crow tengu in the underworld aren't that common, I'm guessing she won't be that hard to pick out of a crowd?"

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #400 on: January 19, 2015, 08:11:28 PM »
>"And since I'm guessing crow tengu in the underworld aren't that common, I'm guessing she won't be that hard to pick out of a crowd?"
"Trust me, you'll know her when you see her."

« Reply #401 on: January 22, 2015, 07:57:41 AM »
>Based on what we know of the Underworld, do we judge it safe enough to bring Kyouko with us down there?
>Based on what we know of the Oni, do we judge it wise to bring someone as deceptive as Nue with us down there?

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
>Based on what we know of the Underworld, do we judge it safe enough to bring Kyouko with us down there?
You don't think it's dangerous enough to make her stay up here at the least.  If you bring her, you remind yourself that you might have to keep a closer eye on her.
>Based on what we know of the Oni, do we judge it wise to bring someone as deceptive as Nue with us down there?
On the one hand, absolutely not.  On the other, her powers have come in handy before...it's definitely a risk though, with how deceptive she is and how honest oni are by contrast.

« Reply #403 on: January 23, 2015, 03:51:19 AM »
>Knowing Hijiri, she'd want us to give her the benefit of the doubt.
>As for Kyouko, though...
>Turn to our junior search partner. "What do you think, kiddo, feel like checking out the underside of Gensokyo? Fair warning, though, it ain't quite as peaceful as it is up here."

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »
>Knowing Hijiri, she'd want us to give her the benefit of the doubt.
>As for Kyouko, though...
>Turn to our junior search partner. "What do you think, kiddo, feel like checking out the underside of Gensokyo? Fair warning, though, it ain't quite as peaceful as it is up here."
"I'll do it!" Kyouko enthusiastically answers.

« Reply #405 on: January 25, 2015, 08:08:44 AM »
>Really should have seen that coming.
>"All right then ladies, I suppose we'd best be off."
>Be off!

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #406 on: June 06, 2015, 05:10:06 AM »
How this thread never leaves the first page I completely and utterly fail to comprehend.  As with the last two times I've accidentally vanished and left this hanging for months on end, any staff are free to lock this if I'm overstepping any bounds and that I'm only still posting here because it's (somehow) still on the first page.
>Really should have seen that coming.
That's Kyouko for you.
>"All right then ladies, I suppose we'd best be off."
"This should be fun," Nue grinned.
"Let's GO!" Kyouko excitedly bellowed, loud enough to apparently force the nearby wolf tengu down to her knees and scare off a flock of birds nearby.
>Be off!
Kyouko and Nue in tow, you set off!  The bottom of the mountain and its passage to the sprawling Underworld await!
You and your traveling partners had reached the bottom of the mountain, and just as promised, you'd found a large cave.  A bit bigger than you expected, to be honest, but definitely befitting of a passage to an entire other world.  It's surprisingly bright down here for a cave.  By this point if you turned around, you probably wouldn't see the surface world anymore.

It's then that Nue tugs on your shoulder.  "Is it just me, or did it just get really quiet in here a few seconds ago?"

« Reply #407 on: June 07, 2015, 05:00:50 PM »
How this thread never leaves the first page I completely and utterly fail to comprehend.  As with the last two times I've accidentally vanished and left this hanging for months on end, any staff are free to lock this if I'm overstepping any bounds and that I'm only still posting here because it's (somehow) still on the first page.

This particular part of MotK has changed over the years. I remember when I first came here, games that were idle for less than a week had a tendency to fall off the front page. And this was when the Mafia threads were still stickied as well, and were treated as seperate from the rest of us games.
Now, since it's been a while...

>Inventory

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades

« Reply #409 on: June 10, 2015, 09:41:29 AM »
>Do we know anything about these Underworld passages and who, or what, might inhabit them?

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
« Reply #410 on: June 10, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »
>Do we know anything about these Underworld passages and who, or what, might inhabit them?
No.  You've been in Former Hell itself before, but seeing as your ship left and got up to the surface via geyser, this is actually your first time going to or from there the long way.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #411 on: June 11, 2015, 01:57:16 PM »
The DM of this game has informed me that he will no longer be available to run this game. An offer was extended to SourFang to run it instead, and while he is flattered by the opportunity, he is unfortunately too occupied with his own games to also run this one. Given this, I am closing this thread. Should the DM become available to once again run this game some day, it may be re-opened then.

Pesco: Go ahead and archive the thread as appropriate.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"