Author Topic: Origin of your fandom...  (Read 48359 times)

Little Rumia

• Personal Color
Re: Origin of your fandom...
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2014, 06:27:29 AM »
Hmm. Don't suppose you're Rumia Hakurei, are you?

My my, aren't ye a smart one~. I am indeed the very same. I am not supposed to be on here using the internet, but I thought I'd just limit myself off that site for a little while. It is a nice change of pace to be on shrinemaiden, especially since AWA 2013.

Hmm... this new computer of mine is amazing...

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »
It's been a few years but during that time, my interest in shooters was growing bigger and bigger. I played Axelay and Over Horizon and I loved them. I then discovered Super Aleste which is still possibly my favourite shooter of all time. After I played Night Striker and Galaxy Force II which are shooters with a back view, I wished to find more games and that's when I was introduced to EoSD by a friend. Back then, I really liked the concept of the game and how there was a little bit of plot in before boss fights. I liked the game and when I reached Remilia on normal during my first try, I realized that I really, really liked the music. I then stumbled on the "animated" version of the comic "Life of Maid" and I also saw the M-1 Grand Prix videos. It didn't take me long until I got sick of the memes but I was still hooked to the series especially when I reached the 9th game, PoFV.

I actually played Scarlet Weather Rhapsody before all that but I barely paid attention to what it was aside of the fighting and I dropped it pretty fast.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2014, 12:59:48 AM »
I first started knowing about Touhou through various videos an memes like the McRoll, Marisa stole the precious thing, and an interesting place known as Walfas.

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
It was probably The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, those boss spell cards mesmerized me, they also kicked my ass.

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »
Bad Apple is what originally made me curious about Touhou, but it was that exact same LP of Touhou Mother that really sold me.

« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2014, 07:44:31 AM »
I knew about Touhou for a long time before I was actually interested in it, but I never really knew what it was exactly for the longest time. After finding out, I tried playing a few of the games..they were a little strange and way too difficult, so I just forgot about them for a while, although I did keep hearing about the games and I liked some of the music. A year or two pass and I keep hearing more about it, so I started playing Perfect Cherry Blossom. I was better at games then, so I actually did pretty well (for my first time playing it after a while) and got excited about it. I kept playing the game, and decided to learn more about the characters, which I started to really like the designs of it. With all that coming together, I got more interested in Touhou and looking up art or reading doujinshis just became commonplace and before I knew it, I was a fan.

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »
I first found out about Touhou from death waltz on piano, in the comments people were talking about how it was a ripoff of "U.N. Owen Was Her?" from a game called "Touhou" so I looked it up and ever since I first played Embodiment of Scarlet Devil I've been a huge fan of the series!

« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2014, 08:12:57 PM »
The first time I saw anything touhou related was a Vocaloid video for Cirno's Perfect Math Class which I fell in love with. I asked my sister which one was Cirno and she said she didn't know. About a year later I got ahold of a synthesia "Death Waltz" video, which I also fell in love with. After a bit of research I learned that the person who wrote the original version of Death Waltz also wrote the original for perfect math class. I decided I had to hear more music so I got ahold of EoSD and the rest is history.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Dingo785

• Do ya wanna get pichuun~'d? Huh!?
  • A guy who is bad at touhou but tries. :)
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2014, 12:15:28 AM »
For me, it was that Vocaloid led me to Cirno's Perfect Math Class. Its been uphill ever since!

« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2014, 12:41:15 AM »
Mine is really, really convoluted. On Know Your Meme, I learned about Cirno's Perfect Math Class, and then watched an EoSD playthrough. After about a year, I looked up Always Teto's Turn on YouTube, and found that it was a remix of a Silver Forest remix of Beloved Tomboyish Daughter/Lovestruck Tomboy. Then, I began watching vids and music, and I began wineskinning the games a few months ago. Now, I play regularly, and am an evangelical Touhou player. That's it.