Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364772 times)

I didn't know Mokou had a map. Well, for me she dies rather fast because of her low defenses. Also playing on normal helps. I might take a crack at hard mode, but mabye not hard challenge yet. Yori's map skill is more useful than takemikazuwhatever?

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I didn't know Mokou had a map. Well, for me she dies rather fast because of her low defenses. Also playing on normal helps. I might take a crack at hard mode, but mabye not hard challenge yet. Yori's map skill is more useful than takemikazuwhatever?

It's Fujiyama Volcano, the same one when you fought her.
Yorihime's MAP is only good when there is that much mob to clean.  Gensokyo Nightmare fits the bill, I used a combination of 2 Valor+Fury Charged Sanae's God Wind, and 1 of her Fury/Soul Charged Amaterasu MAP, took out nearly everyone around Nightmare Byakuren.  Murasa and Kappas is especially dangerous, as they force me into the water, and if I don't take those out:  Suwako swoops down right after, which will force my water affinity to C, and I will probably die.  One thing to note is that Yorihime needs a Water A-Rank items to fight in that field.

Also, Takemikazuchi is actually pretty damn useless on higher difficulties, mostly due to how their stats are always better than yours.  For boss fights, her other abilities are far superior.

Okuniushi (オオクニヌシ) is based on her Fire Spell, it gives 25% HP and MP Regen per turn for 3 turns.
Ameno Usume (アメノウズメ) is based on her dodge spell, it doubles the effect of Miko, and extend the weapon range by 2 for 3 turns.
Amaterasu (天照大神) is based on her light spell, it gives her the 1-5 Range MAP.

Of the 3, I usually pick Ameno Usume, Devil's Contract (Koakuma) will usually be enough, as it just -10 power in this game, rather than a constant -5 power from the last games (which is terrible).  Miko L9 x2 means she will can save some SP.  However, I have not tested this extensively with bosses.  I still think +2 Range would be very useful for Makura's 1st Spell, when she warps around, and her 6th spell, where you need to spread out and get the lights and then come back for the final fight.

I always kept her on takewhatever so I can panic button spells. Marisa's danmaku power max is similar. I wonder how much damage a maxed marisa with mp fub, shinki's book and the mini reactor would do with danmaku maximum

EDIT: Just fought Makura, and Marisa did about 48k to Makura with danmaku power max, and 490 mp total using shin trichromatic butterfly
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:23:04 AM by LazorPagoda »

Also, Takemikazuchi is actually pretty damn useless on higher difficulties, mostly due to how their stats are always better than yours.  For boss fights, her other abilities are far superior.

I think that for this skill you need Mystia, otherwise, even in Hisoutensoku showed no more 200% accuracy.

Cast focus and use Lyrica map as well! And give her predict and stuff

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I think that for this skill you need Mystia, otherwise, even in Hisoutensoku showed no more 200% accuracy.

Well, you know my opinion on Mystia on higher difficulties, she is absolute trash.
She gets picked on all the time, and half her songs don't do anything on Lunatic.  She did my Yorihime a +55 in her status before I warped over and killed things with the MAP, so she did something, I guess.  :V

Well, you know my opinion on Mystia on higher difficulties, she is absolute trash.
She gets picked on all the time, and half her songs don't do anything on Lunatic.  She did my Yorihime a +55 in her status before I warped over and killed things with the MAP, so she did something, I guess.  :V

It can give +102 buff for Yorihime on 200 power and Hot Blood (which will actually increase her accuracy and damage by 51%).
I think in general, Yorihime is rather weak, her MAP attack is not even capable of killing white sheep in one blow.
By statistics it is about as Youmu .... but Youmu deal more damage.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:15:54 PM by Nikkanoffun »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
It can give +102 buff for Yorihime on 200 power and Hot Blood (which will actually increase her accuracy and damage by 51%).
I think in general, Yorihime is rather weak, her MAP attack is not even capable of killing white sheep in one blow.
By statistics it is about as Youmu .... but Youmu deal more damage.

I still dislike her, I really don't have time to be having free moves on Lunatic.  The nightmares for example, has considerable armor, and Evasion, and have 40,000 HP to make sure they are not just potatoes.  Bum rushing is far more effective than using songs.  The other thing every single super boss leads with some kind of MAP.  Shikieki always cast Strike+Valor on Last Judgment, Shinki always have Strike, Catfish always attack first and MAPs after (meaning he has Strike), Meeko always cast Strike, and Makura definitely have stats better than her after even a Focus+Adapt.  I am almost sure Makura and Catfish will double MAP on Lunatic, which means not even the 1 Alert will save her.

It does not end there for her, unless you dedicate a Hider for Mystia, she also does not last a turn against Yumeko.  Like, even Reimu has trouble against Yumeko, and that is saying something.  I much rather use a Hider for a good evasion unit, rather than Mystia.  Let's not get started on Makura's final phase, where she just MAPs you 5 times.

TL;DR, I just think that when there is Seishin against you, a support command like Macross Units or Lelouch Command loses a lot of effectiveness.

Yorihime's map is weak on purpose, it is not even remotely strong in power, it is not even near the bottom, where the strong moves are, because it has no extra cost other than MP.  Every other good MAP has some kind of drawback, for example, Giga Flare will severely limits how much more good moves (Reactor Dive and Nova) Utsuho can use,  Sanae will cost her 50% faith, and needs to refill ammo if she wants to use it again.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:58:19 PM by c l e a r »

Yorihime's map when from godly in dire situations, to downright useless now. Also, I've started playing hard mode, and the kappa walls in tenshi's stage made me rage quit. I forgot to get support defend on Yukari, and it really shows how much Aya needs it. Also Yukari's spiriting away might not work on the boat anymore, or I didn't choose the right skill. It has Yukari's name in it tho, so I'm confused

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Yorihime's map when from godly in dire situations, to downright useless now. Also, I've started playing hard mode, and the kappa walls in tenshi's stage made me rage quit. I forgot to get support defend on Yukari, and it really shows how much Aya needs it. Also Yukari's spiriting away might not work on the boat anymore, or I didn't choose the right skill. It has Yukari's name in it tho, so I'm confused

It isn't.  神隠し is Spiriting Away. 
The Kappas on Lunatic are even more infuriating.  They just stand side by side on the bridge, 6 of them are dunked in the water, and they all have like 17,000 HP.  Just skip them for the WP.
This is the case for the demo:

Also, Yorihime's MAP is pretty much needed for Stage 73's WP, it is just too damn hard without, since Sanae cannot do everything by herself.  I had Yorihime get Extend L2, and have her cast Zeal and Soul before she hit 150, Lyrica gives her 50 SP back, and use Midnight Chorus Master to pump up Yorihime.  Erasing Nue from the equation means I don't have to constantly cast Strike on everyone, as she casts it once every 2 turns from hard and above.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:32:45 PM by c l e a r »

I'm not sure if you know, but lunatic is unlocked now. Now that I know what Spiriting Away is, I might go and retry the stage instead of rage quiting. Those Kappa truly are monsters.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Yuuka is different now.  I can see why they made those changes, since those Lunatic buffs are asking for a lot from you if you have sink Fury into each attack.  During Beauty of Nature, you cannot do any real damage to her without bombing (with exception to waifu bonuses), just impossible otherwise.

The one glaring thing on Lunatic is Double Spark, when she splits, she takes her current state for her PS "The Aloof Unwitting Flower" to her clones, which is most likely 0.  However, since you are more than likely just take out the top clone.  The ones are the side will regenerate the turn count each, and on Lunatic, you need to hit her 4 times for her to stop guarding.  Since the play to capture double spark involves killing all the clones, you have to use Fury and just load the best moves possible.

Her last bar is really STACKED, 95,000 HP.  I nearly ran out of moves other than Waifu Parsee.

One thing more to note is that Yuuka's MAP is more than enough to take out the Prismrivers from full if they are unfocused, I messed up the initial placements and it happened. :V
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 02:30:21 AM by c l e a r »

Rip the prismrivers, you shall be missed. I decided against my better judgment to just dump all my wp into Tenshi, and she's doing pretty good. Before Koishi gets Release of the Id, her offensive power is pretty low, even Kogasa can reliably tank. Speaking of Kogasa, being a real That relies on sheild defense and guard confuses me, but she's still pretty strong offensively so it's fine to me.

Yuuka is different now.  I can see why they made those changes, since those Lunatic buffs are asking for a lot from you if you have sink Fury into each attack.  During Beauty of Nature, you cannot do any real damage to her without bombing (with exception to waifu bonuses), just impossible otherwise.

I used 直撃 only during FPM attacks or to push the damage for the Spell Break, it makes no sense to use it anywhere else (this will simply push your damage from 80% to 100% for one hit, plus some cutting from the range) 必中 was more advantageous in this situation, since you get support attack ignoring Bunshin, and you can be sure that during the counterattack you can down activation shield.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I used 直撃 only during FPM attacks or to push the damage for the Spell Break, it makes no sense to use it anywhere else (this will simply push your damage from 80% to 100% for one hit, plus some cutting from the range) 必中 was more advantageous in this situation, since you get support attack ignoring Bunshin, and you can be sure that during the counterattack you can down activation shield.

It's just that the fight feels like a huge slugfest on higher difficulties and doing very little damage to Yuuka.  Other than Double Spark, where all her clones fly in the air, she is ridiculously thicc because of her All-S Item, and that nice terrain she is standing on.  My previous strat where I send 2-3 units to deal with the side clones during double spark is pretty bad, since Marisa cannot one-shot her with Power Maximum (28,000 damage), so I needed to find a few moves that I don't think I had until I think about it a little.  The Waifu unit can usually solo one of the side clones though, which saves a headache.

I think the whole fight is just a lot less hectic if you manage to control her positioning, cause then you only need to deal with 1 of her 2 moves.  The key position is in the Reblooming, Double Spark, and Beauty of Nature.  Both Rebloom and Beauty will move Yuuka around freely, and double spark is very weird to capture reliably.

Have any of you tried to take out the top clone only, and leave the weakened middle clone alone?  Does she make another top clone even though there is 2 others on the side remaining?  Cause I do that, but I would bomb the weakened middle clone cause I think it prevents her from spawning 1 on top of you (which then just use a Valor'd Spark MAP).

She respawns her clones I think, but that's only if you kill both fakes and don't kill the main. I've accidentally killed the main before I killed the last clone, and nothing respawned. Or its every other turn, I'm not sure how the game handles respawns. I'm on Yumeko right now, and I'm kinda worried. All my tears have 1 real and 1 super (excludind the Komiejis) and I'm pretty confident on my survival. I am worried about shinki's map spam, but I should be ok because her auto cast mercy should allow my reals to survive.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
She respawns her clones I think, but that's only if you kill both fakes and don't kill the main. I've accidentally killed the main before I killed the last clone, and nothing respawned. Or its every other turn, I'm not sure how the game handles respawns. I'm on Yumeko right now, and I'm kinda worried. All my tears have 1 real and 1 super (excludind the Komiejis) and I'm pretty confident on my survival. I am worried about shinki's map spam, but I should be ok because her auto cast mercy should allow my reals to survive.

If you Supersonic Movement + Tengu Wings + 2 Accels, and cast Hide with Yukari Turn 1 (don't hide with Yukari on Turn 2), you can fight Yumeko on your own terms by getting into her range on Turn 2.  You can use the good terrain, while her AI is Flying.  It's good to do that anyways, since if you distract all the Makai Bugs with Doll Crash + Dance Strat, all the Makai Bugs are too busy chewing on the dolls.  By the time they reached me on Turn 5, I won against Yumeko already. :V  (I should also note that all Makai Bugs from Hard and above are serious trouble, they have double the HP on hard, and I think about 16,000 on Hard/Challenge and a little more on Lunatic)

The key to beating Yumeko is to use all your Hiders effectively to hide your Evasion Units so they cannot get targeted on Yumeko's turn (also applies Shinki on a less stressy level). Sunnymilk's Reflection is super helpful here.  However, beware of the large doofy ghosts, their little MAPs are quite accurate on Hard and above, they have considerable health, and hits Super/Tank units for a shit ton.

EDIT: I went for another cleaner run, and got a 8 turn clear this time since I used more gutsy strats.
I can now confirm that the center Yuuka that is on the ground is the clone caster (she has the spell glyph), if she gets whacked, then the circle moves to one of her other other clones.  If you don't bomb the Glyph Yuuka, as she finishes her move, she will make clones until there are 3 Yuuka clones in the air.  There may be a technical use for killing the ground Yuuka however, since we might be able to get her to be airborne for the rest of the fight, which makes her less bulky.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:50:41 PM by c l e a r »

Did not even think about the clones for Double Spark, since her damage is rather weak until she gets Nightmare Spark (use terrian bonuses), I even got her MAP attacks from clones, at 120 power it's pretty funny.
Simply drag the time and occupy a comfortable position, you have nowhere to rush in this fight.
On the last two spell cards, I just blow her with all that I had, even break her dialogue with Yukari during the Beauty of Nature (she still restores 30% HP until she talks four times with Yukari)
In any case, it was Hard.
Lunatic, of course, must go with full upgrades.

I actually used only one bomb, on that spell card that forbade the pass through fields, since it prevented me from approaching Yuuka.
And do not forget about Kanako, her skill giving Acceleration + Assail really turns any fight into your favor.

I did so that Youmu could make two attacks using Soul, and Tenshi could have made two attacks under Bravery (I did not have time to make the second)
and took the up Knockout for Yuugi - it was a mistake.
Utsuho because of the bug could not raise her power above 170, becoming the target of the Nightmare Spark, she could not counterattack (she not have enough 100 ~ 200HP)

Well, as a bonus, Youmu avoided 7 of the 8 Valor Double Sparks (MAP), she just hit her to grit.

PS:
Oh, it was actually Ultimate Spark, I somehow thought it was a Abyss or Nightmare Spark o/
It was really ... scary.

Edit:
I think to try the Challenger Hard against Makura in the first pass ... this should be funny?
In any case, this is the final fight ... they are always pretty easy, but this time, you really have a chance to lose on the final spell card.
However, I still put Yuuka in first place in terms of complexity, Makura will take the second, Yumeko third.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:22:46 AM by Nikkanoffun »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Did not even think about the clones for Double Spark, since her damage is rather weak until she gets Nightmare Spark (use terrian bonuses), I even got her MAP attacks from clones, at 120 power it's pretty funny.
Simply drag the time and occupy a comfortable position, you have nowhere to rush in this fight.
On the last two spell cards, I just blow her with all that I had, even break her dialogue with Yukari during the Beauty of Nature (she still restores 30% HP until she talks four times with Yukari)
In any case, it was Hard.
Lunatic, of course, must go with full upgrades.

I actually used only one bomb, on that spell card that forbade the pass through fields, since it prevented me from approaching Yuuka.
And do not forget about Kanako, her skill giving Acceleration + Assail really turns any fight into your favor.

I did so that Youmu could make two attacks using Soul, and Tenshi could have made two attacks under Bravery (I did not have time to make the second)
and took the up Knockout for Yuugi - it was a mistake.
Utsuho because of the bug could not raise her power above 170, becoming the target of the Nightmare Spark, she could not counterattack (she not have enough 100 ~ 200HP)

Well, as a bonus, Youmu avoided 7 of the 8 Valor Double Sparks (MAP), she just hit her to grit.

PS:
Oh, it was actually Ultimate Spark, I somehow thought it was a Abyss or Nightmare Spark o/
It was really ... scary.

Edit:
I think to try the Challenger Hard against Makura in the first pass ... this should be funny?
In any case, this is the final fight ... they are always pretty easy, but this time, you really have a chance to lose on the final spell card.
However, I still put Yuuka in first place in terms of complexity, Makura will take the second, Yumeko third.

For Makura, Fury + Focus + Adapt MAP is a huge issue in terms of positioning.  This is not a fight I like to use Evasion units all the much.
Challenge/Hard and Lunatic is about 1.8x/2x the HP on Normal, as well as high to full upgrades.

The problem with taking the time during Double Spark is that I don't think I can capture it.  Each clone is about 67,000 HP (70,000 likely on Lunatic). each carrying Unwitting Flower, while they are squishier, it seems really hard to take out all 3 clones and original Yuuka on the same turn off taking out Reblooming.

And if I spread out, it makes Ultimate Spark harder, since bombs are required to get back to her, and she offers too chances for bad situations if she has all 10 of her moves on the one turn.  I still like my plan to just send Waifu support on one side, and Marisa off to the other, Marisa being able to fire between both the left clone and the middle.

Also, using Native Faith Pinnacle during Flower Master is probably the best idea.  It made Catfish's final phase a joke and they have roughly the same HP, so with good terrain, it makes dealing with Yuuka tolerable.

For Makura, Fury + Focus + Adapt MAP is a huge issue in terms of positioning.  This is not a fight I like to use Evasion units all the much.
Challenge/Hard and Lunatic is about 1.8x/2x the HP on Normal, as well as high to full upgrades.

I just skipped the Adapt phase, it's pretty convenient because it's subject to Noise. She will do 2 MAP attacks and then switch to a normal attack (in my case, she always tried to beat Satori)
In fact, I received two MAPs only when I passed 獏符「渡来の聖獣」 it on to quickly destroy the Light of Dreams and have time to go back. But since she does not have access to the Hot Blood and you can use the terrain bonus (Noise greatly helps) it's pretty weak damage.
On the Lunatic, she will use four seishins, but to be honest - these are just patterns, in this her position is much weaker than that of any other boss.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I just skipped the Adapt phase, it's pretty convenient because it's subject to Noise. She will do 2 MAP attacks and then switch to a normal attack (in my case, she always tried to beat Satori)
In fact, I received two MAPs only when I passed 獏符「渡来の聖獣」 it on to quickly destroy the Light of Dreams and have time to go back. But since she does not have access to the Hot Blood and you can use the terrain bonus (Noise greatly helps) it's pretty weak damage.
On the Lunatic, she will use four seishins, but to be honest - these are just patterns, in this her position is much weaker than that of any other boss.

Not sure why I kept on getting Strike with her at one point.  Do you skip killing her 2nd card spawns?  :/

Not sure why I kept on getting Strike with her at one point.  Do you skip killing her 2nd card spawns?  :/

I advanced to her on the Ship in the phase of the Adapt. Destroying her first HP bar and the first spell card. On the first spell card, you can actually place your forces around the perimeter, without affecting Makura attack area (she will not teleportation if can not attack)
On the second card, I managed little damage to nightmares and give her a phase (On Hard MAP is activated if more than 2 targets are nearby), I blew up the bomb to block using the Iron Wall in the next phase Strike.

On the Hard, Iron Wall is used once in two phases, while in the enemy phase it is already losing his effect.
But you have to be neat as the King of the Evil Eye act last, they can use seishins.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:09:00 AM by Nikkanoffun »

How useful are the Aki Sisters, and Hana and Mokou? This is in Mystic?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Need to update the WP conditions in In chapters for Alice イノセント・ポイズン (removed condition in which you need to protect Alice from receiving direct damage) and Marisa びっくり?!弾幕三番勝負 (removed condition the prohibition up air)

How useful are the Aki Sisters, and Hana and Mokou? This is in Mystic?

Nope, we are talking about the 4th game. Mokou is a glass cannon that hits like a truck and can revive, the akis are rather powerful when together but kinda useless solo, and Hina is a versatile team member in 3 and 4, but in mystic she's average.

I understand why Toyo's map was nerfed, she can get lots of kills with it. Also maxed Tenshi is immortal, and with the mystic memory, 8 sp guards are godly. Shinki put up quite the fight, but she died pretty easily, Tenshi solo did 24k in her two attacks.

I've been extensively using the Yama, and I'd like to say somethings regarding her dps and stuff. She can hit pretty hard if you give her belief, some upgrades to her range stat and weapon upgrades and (if your willing to FUB the 200 base power increase) Eiki also easily gets 100% vs the god forsaken bats, and also has 100% dodge rates vs all mooks and some inaccurate bosses. I'd say she's pretty useful if your willing to buff up her mediocre stats, otherwise she's pretty mediocre, but not levels of Remi in Ei.

(Also yes, she did kill all the mooks with her map, Eiki's damage all enemies spirit helped quite nicely)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:45:43 AM by LazorPagoda »

Also can i make another quick question why and how does Sanae evade every single attack from EVERYONE who is not Reimu?
Yesterday i got to Sanae's final spellcard in Mystic her Map attack Wind God's Wind and Everyone died and took 4000+ damage expect Reimu and even then Sanae had a 50% to hit and Reimu even with Fantasy Seal had a 0%? This also happened with Aya...
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

for Sanae she casts a bunch of spirits when she triggers her last spellcard and i think that one of them is alert so you need to waste an attack before being able to hit her. for Aya her last spellcard gives her a boost in mobility making it hard to hit her without using spirits.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams
« Reply #747 on: August 01, 2017, 12:48:55 AM »
Also can i make another quick question why and how does Sanae evade every single attack from EVERYONE who is not Reimu?
Yesterday i got to Sanae's final spellcard in Mystic her Map attack Wind God's Wind and Everyone died and took 4000+ damage expect Reimu and even then Sanae had a 50% to hit and Reimu even with Fantasy Seal had a 0%? This also happened with Aya...

On Normal/Hard, she will cast Miracle once during the Spell Break.
This gives her Strike, Alert, Guard, Accel, and Valor (Hard only).

Since it is an one off cast, it is easy to get around it.  For example, use an unit with Alert/Grit to pop her alert and valor.
Of course, this means you have to capture Summon Takeminakata to do so, simply wait a turn before you spell break it.  This way, it gives your other units a chance to cast defensive seishins to take her MAP.

On Lunatic, it is a whole different ball game since she casts Miracle EVERY SINGLE TURN, this puts Guts into play, which full heals Sanae at the beginning of every turn.  It is a spell that cannot be timed out either.  In order to win, she cannot get a turn to use her MAP, which means doing the above and breaking Summon Takeminakata as the first move on your turn, bum rush and win.

The chesse way is: since Auto-cast Miracle, at least according to JP Wiki, is a danmaku effect, you can break the spell before it, use someone to pop the Valor off, cast Alert/Grit off everything, use Elly to stick her in place (The attack is a post movement iirc), and then bomb.  You should be able to survive that way, and since she cannot cast Miracle off the danmaku effect, she has no Guard, nor Strike, but she should have cast Focus on her own, which means she can be picked off easily.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:02:29 AM by c l e a r »

« Reply #748 on: August 01, 2017, 12:56:57 AM »
I understand why Toyo's map was nerfed, she can get lots of kills with it.

If they were very concerned, then they would not give MAP for Sanae.

she will cast Miracle

She has a lower HP for this spell card.
On a Hard she will be enough for about two strong attacks under the Fury. And you can give her a kick from Reimu.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:01:30 AM by Nikkanoffun »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #749 on: August 01, 2017, 02:01:43 AM »
If they were very concerned, then they would not give MAP for Sanae.

She has a lower HP for this spell card.
On a Hard she will be enough for about two strong attacks under the Fury. And you can give her a kick from Reimu.

Yeah, Fury works, but you also have to consider that you might not have enough SP at this point, so it all comes down to planning the final assault.  It is still pretty easy to die if you just charge in and fail to break the bar in a turn.  The trouble is that auto-focus will eat SP away, which is most of the challenge for Sanae.