Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364762 times)

The new trailer is looking all kinds of amazing. The new attacks look absolutely gorgeous (and have quite a few nice nods to SRW as well), the new music is great - especially that Judgement of Sixty Years arrange, it's everything I ever hoped for - and I'm glad to see more love for the PC-98 games. Admittedly, there's still a distinct lack of the best PC-98 characters, but let's be honest, no one was ever really expecting Yumemi and Chiyuri to show up even if the game is subtitled 夢.

Of all the new attacks, I think I'm most excited about Fairy Overdrive. I love the three fairies even if they're garbage units, and eagerly await anything that could make them more useful.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Reisen's Grand Patriots Elixir makes me LUL already, can be taken 4 times, each time she gets +7 in all stats.  But the text says "What happens after you take it a 4th time?"

Stuff that we know from the demo datamine, like Seppei Flyer Nitori, and Bakatet Special.
Nitori's Seppei Flyer is a parody of Zambot 3, I think?

Looks like Reimu x Marisa Combo is now a parody of Unicorn x Banshee combo attack.
Shinki is parodying one of Gun Eden's Attacks in OG2
and of course, Royal Heart Breaker from the Komeiji Sisters, how can it can anything else?

I love the three fairies even if they're garbage units, and eagerly await anything that could make them more useful.

Heh, if you think the Three Fairies are bad units, you clearly have not used them to the maximum potential.

Also, Shinki being playable (most likely as a late game reinforcement), is a total call back on the @3 good ending.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:29:01 AM by c l e a r »

Reisen's Grand Patriots Elixir makes me LUL already, can be taken 4 times, each time she gets +7 in all stats.  But the text says "What happens after you take it a 4th time?"

I hope she does not start berserk like Eve.

Stuff that we know from the demo datamine, like Seppei Flyer Nitori, and Bakatet Special.

Looks like Reimu x Marisa Combo is now a parody of Unicorn x Banshee combo attack.
Shinki is parodying one of Gun Eden's Attacks in OG2
and of course, Royal Heart Breaker from the Komeiji Sisters, how can it can anything else?

It is worth mentioning Meiling performing that 1000-hit reception to the Freedom Knight Alion =J (Although, personally I thought that they would give her references to the Folka)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:53:28 AM by Nikkanoffun »

It's more like Grendizer's Drill Spazer, I think.

There's also Yamame and Kisume's combination being pretty reminiscent of Gurren and Lagann's Fastball Special. And Lily's new attack being pretty similar to the Distortion Attacks from Nadesico.

Pretty happy to see suborders, now all those units I don't get to use can actually do something! Also that remix of Hartmann's Youkai Girl in the Satori/Koishi portion was so good.

New stuff for Suika gives me hope that she might actually be useful in the next game. On the other hand, apparently Remilia gets nothing.

Also, while we're on the subject of references, Alice's new attack is nice.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I was wondering what was Alice's new attack was referencing, so thanks for point that out.
Also, I know about Freedom Knight Alion Meiling, but I did not know the name soooo.... :p

Suika definitely need something to make her different from Yuugi, that 0.5 cost more needs to have a reason, since Yuugi just outclasses in every conceivable way.  Hell, even just giving her an extra item slot would mean she can hold a A-Terrain item, plus something else.  That is how desperate she needs something.

Remillia probably will get something, may be.  She also needs something to make her 3.5 worth the value, and I have benched her along with Daiyousei and Koa during SA Chapter just cause how outclassed she is at that point.

Also, for those with an eagle eye, I just noticed you can just BUY Hit and Away now.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:28:06 PM by c l e a r »

I am 90% sure
Spoiler:
Seihou Yuuka with wings is a reference to Endlich Geist, and since the latter is conditionally playable at the end (typical SRW thing to do), I am even more certain than before she fills that spot

Also, if the source dump of the demo version remains accurate, everyone you see in the trailer (except the OCs) will join you. This is not news. A bunch of other units (
Spoiler:
Yumeko, Watatsuki sisters, Rei'sen, Hisoutensoku
) are explicitly not shown in that trailer, no PoDD though.

Alice Maestra is the only good song from the trailer though. The rest always sound the same, with not enough dissonance where needed, except for references to other songs, which there are none here (Tenshi's is a given).

Still this game is already unconditionally better than TH16 and TH15.5 combined. I will be doing all attacks videos for every character once I acquire this game somehow.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I am 90% sure
Spoiler:
Seihou Yuuka with wings is a reference to Endlich Geist, and since the latter is conditionally playable at the end (typical SRW thing to do), I am even more certain than before she fills that spot

Also, if the source dump of the demo version remains accurate, everyone you see in the trailer (except the OCs) will join you. This is not news. A bunch of other units (
Spoiler:
Yumeko, Watatsuki sisters, Rei'sen, Hisoutensoku
) are explicitly not shown in that trailer, no PoDD though.

Alice Maestra is the only good song from the trailer though. The rest always sound the same, with not enough dissonance where needed, except for references to other songs, which there are none here (Tenshi's is a given).

Still this game is already unconditionally better than TH16 and TH15.5 combined. I will be doing all attacks videos for every character once I acquire this game somehow.

I certainly hope
Spoiler:
Twilight Spark
would be something like this:
https://youtu.be/H4kKwBUQO38?t=96

Don't forget to tag the videos as private for them to stay up, same thing happened last time.  They don't want videos in pub until the game is in the "final" patch.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:13:14 AM by c l e a r »

Package art on twitter.
(And a cake version :V)

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
It will be a while until it trickles down... I cannot wait.

Just got my hands on the game, already ripping the soundtrack privately. Once the game is "stable" enough I will upload the attack compilations and flush the data to Akurasu (since I have done this before).

Some notes:
- There are
Spoiler:
77 stages, since apparently all three stages after Stage 58 must be played.
- The end-game item of GSW3 now gives you an extra move if you defeat an enemy at 120 Power or above (basically 連続行動 from Z2 / 2ndOG). It used to give Hit & Away according to the data dumps, but that is pointless since that can now be learnt.
- The Yamame / Kisume combination attack is unlocked initially, Double Spoiler on Stage 57, Sanpei Fighter and Bakatet Special on Stage 58.
-
Spoiler:
The debug map is the same as Stage 57, except all enemies are at level 99 and you can sortie up to 38 teams.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:19:40 PM by HertzDevil »

- The end-game item of GSW3 now gives you an extra move if you defeat an enemy at 120 Power or above (basically 連続行動 from Z2 / 2ndOG).
Well, I suppose it's less hilariously broken as an item than it would be as a skill you could buy for everyone (I do remember it being a no-brainer pick for literally the entire party back in Z2), but that's still pretty terrifying.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Well, I suppose it's less hilariously broken as an item than it would be as a skill you could buy for everyone (I do remember it being a no-brainer pick for literally the entire party back in Z2), but that's still pretty terrifying.

Not sure how helpful as only a single unit can use it.
I guess it could be helpful though.  I have to try and see.

There are 13 new spirit commands:

• Adapt (順応): Increases Night affinity to A and other terrain affinities to S for a turn. S becomes SS.
  • Bonds (絆): Restores 2000 HP to all ally units. SRW restores by half the maximum HP.
  • Bravery (勇気): Casts Accel, Strike, Grit, Spirit, Assail, Fury, and Valor. SRW games always apply either Assail or Fury, never both.
  • (Continuous Attack) (連撃): Grants the unit an extra move if an enemy is shot down in the next battle. Cannot be used more than once per turn. As in SRW.
  • Detonate (自爆): Deals as much damage as half the remaining HP on all adjacent units, then leaves the map (GSW does not have repair cost). Units have at least 1 HP. Does not work on units with the ability "Special Resistance".
  • Enable (再動): Allows an allied team that has finished its turn to move again. As in SRW.
  • Hope (期待): Restores 50 SP to an ally unit. As in SRW (except V).
  • Love (愛): Casts Cheer, Bless, Prayer, Rouse, Devote, Trust, and Attune on an ally.
  • Prayer (祈り): For an allied team, doubles the amount of PP gained in the next battle. Equivalent to SRW's Training (修行).
  • Provoke (挑発): Causes an enemy to chase towards the user until it engages in any battle. Does not work on units with the ability "Special Resistance". As in SRW.
  • Rage (激怒): Deals 500 damage to all enemies. Cannot be used more than once per turn. SRW games deal anything from 10 to 1000 randomly.
  • Revive (復活): Respawns an ally unit that has been shot down, but with half the maximum SP and all personal skills / items used up.
  • Soul (魂): The next attack deals 1.8x damage. Cannot get a critical hit. (Not exactly new)

Below are the characters that learn them: (format is [Level acquired / SP required])

• Adapt:
    Spoiler:
    Iku [29/30], Nue [23/30] (replaces Triumph)
  • Bonds:
    Spoiler:
    Koishi [After stage 64/70], Medicine [65/70], Satori [After stage 64/70]
  • Bravery:
    Spoiler:
    Cirno [60/80], Marisa [65/80], Shou [After stage 68/80], Tenshi [After stage 71/80]
  • (Continuous Attack):
    Spoiler:
    Byakuren (Normal) [40/50], Lunasa [60/50], Mima [50/50], Sakuya [15/45], Youmu [40/50] (replaces Spirit)
  • Detonate:
    Spoiler:
    Hisoutensoku [1/1], Utsuho [After stage 58/1]
  • Enable:
    Spoiler:
    Kaguya [65/100], Toyohime [73/110], Yuyuko [75/110]
  • Hope:
    Spoiler:
    Kurumi [65/80], Lyrica [70/80]
  • Love:
    Spoiler:
    Alice [After stage 68/80], Byakuren (Normal) [1/80], Keine (Normal) [67/80], Shinki [1/70], Yukari [70/80]
  • Prayer:
    Spoiler:
    Daiyousei [55/40], Lily White [55/40], Shinki [1/30]
  • Provoke:
    Spoiler:
    Kogasa [38/25], Nazrin [1/35] (replaces Scan), Tewi [10/35] (replaces Scan)
  • Rage:
    Spoiler:
    Keine (Beast) [60/70], Shiki Eiki [20/70]
  • Revive:
    Spoiler:
    Eirin [67/100], Shinki [65/100]
  • Soul:
    Spoiler:
    Mima [65/65], Reimu [65/65], Yorihime [65/65], Youmu [65/65], Yuyuko [65/70]

If you compare the existing units against those in Ei, you can find that a lot of weapons now ignore either barriers or size differences.
Spoiler:
Of course they will come handy near the end of the game.
Later the game will also finally give you
Spoiler:
a bunch of map weapons for the earliest party members that originally existed as enemy spellcards

Reisen's elixir thing from the trailer is inaccessible.

Apparently the anti-cheat routine is gone in version 1.0.2. I have not tested this with my own custom save files.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:04:44 AM by HertzDevil »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I have been looking, but I still have no luck in finding a copy... m -_- m

Detonate (自爆): Deals as much damage as half the remaining HP on all adjacent units, then leaves the map (GSW does not have repair cost). Cannot shoot down enemies with this spirit.
Wait, is it "can't shoot down enemies" or "can't shoot down anyone"? Because I've seen the friendly-fire damage put to good use in a few different SRW games (mostly for enabling Prevail builds, but occasionally other uses pop up - notably Impact's hilarious Revive exploit).

Also,
Spoiler:
Yuyuko has Enable and Soul
? And here I thought she was already broken enough back in 3.

Not sure how helpful as only a single unit can use it.
I guess it could be helpful though.  I have to try and see.

It reminds me of how I was going through Z2.1. There I left this skill only in Setsuna (he comes with it).
Indeed, it requires enemies ...
Hit and Away in GST is a more "breaking the balance" skill.

My computer's performance notwithstanding at the moment, I simply couldn't help but put
Spoiler:
up.

There is even a piano version of 5th Mov. GUNDAM! I didn't stop crying the first time I heard it at the end of Ei. I didn't this time either.

My computer's performance notwithstanding at the moment, I simply couldn't help but put
Spoiler:
up.

There is even a piano version of 5th Mov. GUNDAM! I didn't stop crying the first time I heard it at the end of Ei. I didn't this time either.

By the way, you can see how the choice of dialogue for Satori affects the future game?
Spoiler:
This happens in chapter 64.

Anyone got some tips to clear Chapter 73?
Spoiler:
The shadow clones are really wiping out my team, especially Shadow Yukari, Shadow Yorihime, Shadow Flandre, Shadow Koishi, pretty much any stage 6/ extra stage boss.

Max Wife Point bonuses are now a thing. However, reaching this requires 1000 WP, and the maximum you can use in a single run is 1140; clearly you can only have one waifu in this game. A fully upgraded unit with these bonuses may very well beat the earlier stages alone. You can select any two from below at any time: (same as max upgrade bonuses, they cannot be undone)

• Unit has one extra item slot (cannot exceed 4).
  • Unit deals ?1.1 damage.
  • Weapon range +2, including those with range 1; normal movement +2, graze movement +1.
  • Unit restores 50% MP and ammunition at the beginning of each turn.
  • Unit restores 20% SP at the beginning of each turn.

Plus all of the following are also applied immediately:

• Move count +1.
  • Max SP +100.
  • Unit obtains ?1.5 EXP, PP, and Gold.
  • Max Power (Morale) +30.

Wriggle's last personal skill changes Confuse to Soul (same SP cost), Youmu's last personal skill gives Soul ?2.25 damage.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
I'm still alive and will update (I actually have sneakily been correcting/expanding the existing parts lately), once I get my hands on the game which may or may not take a while.
Super hyped though, avoiding spoilers however so won't be visiting here much at all / using other people's info.

I've been replaying Ei a whole bunch lately and really learned to appreciate Aya and the Moriya Shrine crew. Especially during their absence for the moon arc.

Also: This thread is on the first page of Google when you search for Gensou Shoujo Taisen just beneath the wiki entries! :getdown:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:33:37 PM by Yookie »

So I bought my game, but I can't seem to get EI to carry over. Oh well. But, I'd like to know how to get to the underground youkai storyline. I'm a bit confused as to how all that works out. EDIT: Okay, I'm almost done with the 3 in 1 mission, and I think that I should be okay. But does anyone know about more attacks that got updated? I know that NightBird did.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:01:58 PM by LazorPagoda »

Version 1.0.3.1 is out. Since I can diff the data dumps directly, here are some of the adjustments not listed in the change log:

• Aya, Hatate:
    Spoiler:
    Double Spoiler
    now requires 70 MP instead of 55.
  • Spoiler:
    Hisoutensoku: "Nuclear Fusion Energy" now additionally gives +100 MP.
  • Murasa: "Autopilot" L2 (the one that enables Support Attack / Defense from Palanquin Ship) now has range 4 instead of 6.
  • Orin: Her skill that spawns enemies is gone.
  • Reisen: Her elixir thing shown in the trailer can now be learnt at Level
    Spoiler:
    . Using it four times causes Reisen to
    Spoiler:
    cast Detonate
  • Spoiler:
    Yumeko: "Demon Slayer" never reaches L2, so it no longer shows up as "L1".

Stages 59 - 61 can be played in any order (SRW Compact 2 / Impact did this for the whole game). Two stages depend on the order: (Marisa's does not)

Reimu's stage
  • First stage:
    Spoiler:
    Nue's first spell card is Unidentified "Red UFO Invasion of Rage".
  • Second stage:
    Spoiler:
    Nue's first spell card is Unidentified "Blue UFO Invasion of Grief".
  • Last stage:
    Spoiler:
    Nue's first spell card is Unidentified "Green UFO Invasion of Justice".

Alice's stage
  • First stage:
    Spoiler:
    Medicine's "Into Delirium" reduces the HP of all front player units to 1.
  • Second stage:
    Spoiler:
    Medicine's "Into Delirium" reduces the MP of all front player units to 1.
  • Last stage:
    Spoiler:
    Medicine's "Into Delirium" reduces the SP of all front player units by 60%.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:43:51 PM by HertzDevil »

I have to say, all the new animations are great, but they really hit it out of the park with Yuuka's new attacks in particular. They're absolutely beautiful, and her last spell is genuinely unsettling to watch. Especially with her new theme song being even more incongruously calm than Yuyuko's back in stage 33.

Hmm question here. Will that game come out later on DLsite.com????

I am later on in the game due to non-stop gameplay, but I don't want to spoil any thing so I won't specify. But, I'd like to say that Parsee's nee attacks are lovely, and I'm certainty using her alot. Letty's new finisher is fun as well, but she is kinda not fitting into my stratagies ad well as Parsee. I do like the step-up in animations, and the interactive cutscenes and general animations are far and beyond Ei's. Sanbondo really outdid themselves in this game.

Just finished the game. Fighting Yuuka is a lot harder than the stages that follow. I will continue to update things on Akurasu routinely.

Version 1.0.3 gives back custom BGM, but not all character BGMs can be selected by the player. Some can only be unlocked by carrying over from previous saves: (the game checks the presence of the corresponding clear bonus items)

• Kou: Sakuya (enemy), Sanae (enemy), Elly (alternate), Yuuka (enemy), Flandre (Marisa route NPC)
  • You: Nitori (enemy), Aya (enemy), Letty (early), Lily White (early), Ran (enemy), Youmu (enemy), Yukari (enemy), Yukari (last spell), Yuyuko (enemy), Mima (NPC)
  • Ei: Flandre (enemy), Reimu (early), Marisa (early)

Additionally,
Spoiler:
a cover version of Our Hisoutensoku is available after clearing Stage 72
. Some of these tracks might be used in other places nonetheless (e.g.
Spoiler:
the Nightmares in Stage 73
and
Spoiler:
Yukari's final attack in Stage 75
). Too bad the title rearrangement in the final stage isn't usable :(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:16:50 PM by HertzDevil »

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
Man, am I missing something about Tenshi?
Spoiler:
She seems to be really lackluster over-all. Her hit rate and accuracy are both crap, her health is lacking for such, and she has her attacks split between both ammo AND MP, but severe economy issues with both. Combined with damage that doesn't really compare to other 3 costs, and a pretty crappy assist attack... Is there something I'm missing about her?