Author Topic: Seems like that old Visual novel thread is way back into necro territory...  (Read 1477 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
So I have no choice but to make a new thread!
Yumina the Ethereal just got released today (in English that is). I have been looking forward to this sucker for about a year now (not long given its localization time I know but I still think I'm pretty new to the whole touhou which lead to doujin which lead to VN scene), and it's finally out! I'm curious what the more vettish VN fans think of this game (I forget the last thread's participants, sapz was one right?). In any case, I almost never feel hyped about a new game and am disappointed (PS3 Castlevania, diablo 3, and Master of Orion 3 are the only culprits that come to mind), and I've been looking forward to this VN more than any other, except it's tied with Seinarukana (also being localized currently btw, which I've been looking forward to for more like 2-3 years now, egads!).

Anyway, anybody know yumina? How do you like it? I rekon its got a pretty high appreciation rating for most folks, please avoid spoilers though. Normally I don't care about spoilers but VNs actually matter to me story-wise so =P.

I do have one question though, the optional H-scenes after beating an enemy leader...are they ever evil or bad or whatever to say yes or no to without being obvious so? I don't play these games for the h-factor, but I don't mind tolerating them either (after the trauma that was sengoku rance..no gar-gar, it was a great game, I just HATED playing as the immoral perv-max). I'm more concerned with satisfying my ethics than H-ing or not H-ing, and want to make sure that my protagonist acts as ethical as possible in either case if it's not obvious at the branching point.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Seems like that old Visual novel thread is way back into necro territory...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:51:40 AM »
I've been really enjoying I/O; anyone else played that?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:50:31 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 03:06:13 AM »
[13:04:49] <Dormio> @choose air or i/o or neither
[13:04:51] <Keine-tan> I choose...neither! ^_^V
Well, it looks like it's back to reading more trash VNs that really shouldn't have seen the light of day once I have time again.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 12:12:12 PM »
You absolutely will not regret I/O, it's so great.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:51:11 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 12:52:52 PM »
How could either of Air or I/O possibly compete with the glorious master race of romantic comedy?
Where else can you find a protagonist so oblivious to the flocks of women that throw themselves before him? Or a protagonist so lewd and focused only on attracting members of the opposite gender? How could you so callously disregard the wonderful character development so commonly present in this genre? And what other genre would create such imaginative and unique situations such as having our male protagonist being placed into an all girls school by accident, or having him stumbling upon a hidden secret that grants him unparalleled power?
Tell me, Sapz, where are you ever going to find something that can rival the beauty of romantic comedy?