Author Topic: TH13.5: Touhou Shinkirou ~ Hopeless Masquerade web demo released  (Read 55404 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: TH13.5: Touhou Shinkirou ~ Hopeless Masquerade web demo released
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2013, 07:02:01 AM »
Config Menu

SE Volume
BGM Volume
Windowed/Fullscreen
Fullscreen resolution
Background : Normal/Simple
Drawing Cycle : Normal/Half
Vertical Sync : Yes/No
Display Framerate : Yes/No
Save Replay : Yes/No/Ask every time
Save Replay(Network) : Yes/Only when playing/Only when spectating/No

Setting the Background to Simple will merge the background into a single layer, which might speed things up.
Signature

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 07:19:45 AM »
I really like the new remix of the Magus night... But I am a bit disappointed to see Yuugi and Mokou  in the audience.
Then again I am hoping that being in the audience doesn't mean the same that being non-playable...
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2013, 07:30:02 AM »
I really like the new remix of the Magus night... But I am a bit disappointed to see Yuugi and Mokou  in the audience.
Then again I am hoping that being in the audience doesn't mean the same that being non-playable...

Unlike IaMP and SWR, Hopeless Masquerade's plot has a pretty personal focus. The prologue itself specifically mentions the three factions involved. Therefore, the characters who probably won't be playable was.... well, let's just say more calculable than the usual for the fighting games (although in m opinion, "obvious" would be more fitting).

If a character can't have a decent reason for gathering faith, that character probably won't be playable. Marisa of course is an exception because she's Marisa (guess we'll see how much she had to be shoehorned in or not)

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 08:32:42 AM »
guys.my problems are getting worse.

note that facebook is not even on when playing but my facebook logo is still showing on screen.it remembers wat i did previously and took mish mash from everything in my pc and scatter it all around the game screen(only in fighting mode,not menu or character select).could it hav something to do with windows xp or not onning japanese locale or something,help guys?

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »
Any thoughts on marisa's new portrait?  It looks super pretty for me, but those bushy eyes...
This game is no doubt going to reveal Marisa's true nature as a werewolf. It's the only explanation.

Also, I love how just about all the human men are holding big-ass frothing beer mugs, as approved by their Lord and Savior ZUN.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2013, 10:37:38 AM »
Traditional old man sounds like it got a few more sounds added to the background. It looks like ZUN went to town with the techno in this one. Needless to say it sounds amazing!
I finally got ahead!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, been waiting for an officially distributed online demo to try this out.

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2013, 03:09:22 PM »
guys.i got my glitchy graphic fixed.13.5 WONT work with windows xp.i switched my os to 7 and the game works up to eleven(lolz).not sure bout u guys but as far as i know,13.5 is not so compatible with xp

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »

Gotta say I'm more than a little surprise not to see Akyuu. :)

Humanoid males? In MY TOUHOU?!?!?

Nah, but seriously, the Human Village looks great. Definitely did not expect to see the Eientei crew there.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »
Gave it a few runs earlier, improvements all around. The Magus Night remix is nice.

...but much like the STGs I find this difficult to play on an arcade stick, as the controls here seem a bit too loose for that. With a X360 controller, however, things were a lot more bearable.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2013, 06:19:29 PM »
Unlike IaMP and SWR, Hopeless Masquerade's plot has a pretty personal focus. The prologue itself specifically mentions the three factions involved. Therefore, the characters who probably won't be playable was.... well, let's just say more calculable than the usual for the fighting games (although in m opinion, "obvious" would be more fitting).

If a character can't have a decent reason for gathering faith, that character probably won't be playable. Marisa of course is an exception because she's Marisa (guess we'll see how much she had to be shoehorned in or not)
Yeah... I know this but let me dream.
Heh. Reimu uses her last trump card and forces Suika to use her power to gather all the faith of Gensokyo.
Also Yuugi has read too much Haniwa's store so she is keeping eye for Sanae.

And Mokou just wants to get rid of all of these religious zealots causing ruckus in the Human village...
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2013, 08:51:14 PM »
M...Marisa can make her lasers change directions. I wasn't able to get a screenshot of it. She launched a laser and I flew up and then the laser just bent at like an angle. Scared the crap outta me :V

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »

Well, Hatate might want to get a scoop on the religion war in better detail than Aya could. That's about it, really, unless ZUN wants his girlfriend Aya to be playable in ANOTHER game.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
Please tell me Ichirin is less of a slowboat hippo in this version.

I couldn't get good with her in the 1st demo because everyone could kite her all the time. :V

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2013, 11:06:07 PM »
Is it me or did the game get easier? When I played the first demo I was completely destroyed in my first fight, and could barely even win a single round in subsequent matches; this time I haven't lost a single match and only one victory was by time-out. And I haven't played the game since the demo came out months ago...
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2013, 01:32:47 AM »
Is it me or did the game get easier? When I played the first demo I was completely destroyed in my first fight, and could barely even win a single round in subsequent matches; this time I haven't lost a single match and only one victory was by time-out. And I haven't played the game since the demo came out months ago...
The new bot AI is much less intelligent than before, if you stay away from bots they'll just stay on the corner spamming their basic attack nonstop.  They seem to have stopped shooting projectiles. 

Please tell me Ichirin is less of a slowboat hippo in this version.

I couldn't get good with her in the 1st demo because everyone could kite her all the time. :V

She feels faster now, I really like playing her with Taoism since everything she does shoots faster.  Unzan's lasers are much better with taoism/shinto as well. 

M...Marisa can make her lasers change directions. I wasn't able to get a screenshot of it. She launched a laser and I flew up and then the laser just bent at like an angle. Scared the crap outta me :V

That's because she was with a Shinto deck, that makes her lasers chase you after being shot.  She also shoots triple stars instead of single ones. 

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2013, 01:51:55 AM »

The CPU difficulty in the new demo is kind of weird yeah. Easy equates to "Constantly blocks always" while Hard means "Mashes A"
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2013, 01:59:43 AM »
Brave Guard:
Press "back" when the attack is about to hit, audience likes it.

It seems to me that Tasofro likes Aquapazza

- Reimu's ultimate attack seems to be an instant command grab as well. So it's both a counter and a grab at point blank.

...and that they've just discovered Touka :V
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

iK

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 02:29:13 AM »
It seems to me that Tasofro likes Aquapazza

The sprite style was a good indicator.

Could Marisa supercharge her Heavy Melee in the previous demo?

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013, 04:14:38 AM »
The sprite style was a good indicator.

Could Marisa supercharge her Heavy Melee in the previous demo?

If I remember correctly supercharging only happens if you have Buddhism.  In that case all your heavy attacks become chargeable, Reimu and Ichirin's included

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 04:24:40 AM »
She feels faster now, I really like playing her with Taoism since everything she does shoots faster.  Unzan's lasers are much better with taoism/shinto as well. 

Good. Trying to hit anything with her before felt like trying to swat a fly with a howitzer. :getdown:

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2013, 04:36:12 AM »
I'm working on a video on things I found with Reimu. This includes her Ultimate attack can now be used as a command grab, being able to combo from her teleport (dunno if you could before though), and certain combos not working anymore :V

iK

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2013, 05:08:10 AM »
Are you going to be making non combo videos as well? Like about positioning advantage and setups instead? Combos are nice to look at but don't help get a grip on the game.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 05:19:39 AM »
Are you going to be making non combo videos as well? Like about positioning advantage and setups instead? Combos are nice to look at but don't help get a grip on the game.
It will cover one or two set ups I found in day one, but after a bit more experimenting I may make more on such. Basically it's going over the differences between the original disc demo and the web demo

iK

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2013, 05:31:26 AM »
I did notice that now all of Reimu's somersaults are different in demo2.

Forward: Travels a far distance, and can act slightly before returning to neutral level
Back: Travels only a short distance
Up: Travels the same distance as Back, but has a followup downward kick
Down: Travels a very short distance both sideways and upward

I'll see what differences, if any there are for other moves.

iK

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 05:32:50 AM »
On Faith: In order to be aligned to a faith, that faith must have at least 3 points allocated to it and can not be tied with another faith for alignment. Having 4 points in Daosim, 3 in Shinto, and 1 in Buddhism, for example would align your character with Daosim, while having 4 points in Daoism and 4 in Shinto would result in no alignment.

Reimu
Spell Guage: 1200

Normal:
-X shot fires 3 slow aimed amulets that become homing if they pass through Reimu's  Forward Y
-Neutral/back Y fires 2 amulets that have a delay before aiming at the opponent  with slight homing for 3 hits each
-Forward Y sends out a semi-permanent barrier in front of Reimuthat both hits the opponent and interacts with several of Reimu's moves. Reimu also gets a burst of speed when moving through the barrier.
-Up and Down Y fire respectively angled quick amulets with slight homing for 3 hits

Shinto:
-X shot fires 3 slow homing amulets; no difference seems to come from passing through Forward Y
-Neutral/back Y fires 2 amulets that have a delay before homing in on the opponent for 3 hits each
-Forward Y is identical to normal
-Up and Down Y fire respectively angled quick homing amulets for 3 hits

Buddhism
-X shots fire 3 loosely aimed amulets that detonate a small distance away from Reimu. If they come into contact with the enemy, they hit then explode, dealing 2 hits for each amulet. If the amulets pass through Reimu's Forward Y, They speed up, re-aim at the enemy, and get a larger explosion radius
-Neutral/back Y fires 2 slow moving, meaty amulet, one above and one below Reimu, that move slugishly toward the opponent and deal 3 hits each if they connect
Up and Down Y fire respectively angled amulets that start out traveling quickly but then come to an immediate snail's pace and hang around. They hit 3 times each.

Daosim:
-X shots fire 4 fast aimed amulets. When they pass through Forward Y, they speed up even more and re-aim at the opponent
-Neutral/back Y fires 2 amulets that have a delay before aiming then quickly traveling to the opponent for 4 hits each
-Up and Down Y fire respectively angled jet-speed amulets for 4 hits

Skill 1
Youkai Buster
Cost: 600
Daoism +1

Fast-moving amulet shot with slight spread

Forward: Sends amulets straight ahead
Back: Sends amulets at a sharp downward angle
Up: Sends amulets angled diagonally upward
Down: Sends amulets angled diagonally downward

Skill 2

Cost: 400
Shinto +1

Meaty square-shaped barrier

No skill varieties noticed

Skill 2
Mid-Air Ascension Kick
Cost:  300
Buddhism +1

Somersault kick

Forward: Travels a far distance, and can act slightly before returning to neutral level
Back: Travels only a short distance
Up: Travels the same distance as Back, but has a followup downward kick
Down: Travels a very short distance both sideways and upward

Skill 4
Subspace Pressure Point
Cost: 300
Buddhism +1

Marker and teleport kick

Foward: Sends marker out in front of Reimu
Back: Identical to forward
Up: Sends marker out diagonally above Reimu
Down: Sends Marker diagonally below Reimu

Skill 5
Yin-Yang Orb
Shinto +1

Tosses out a large Yin-Yang Orb that bounces off the sides of the screen and speeds up if it crosses Reimu's Forward Y

Forward: Orb is sent  slightly upward
Back: Orb is sent slightly downward
Up: Orb is sent harshly upward
Down: Orb is sent harshly downward

Skill 6
Spread Amulet
Daoism +1

Amulets that break apart and fly forward covering a large area

No skill varieties noticed

Marisa
Spell Gauge: 1000

Normal:
-X fires a fast, aimed star
-Y Fires a wide laser across the screen that hits twice normally, and 4 times if Marisa has 3 stars charged

Shinto:
-X Fires 3 small, spread aimed stars
-Y Fires a single-hit wide laser that aims at the opponent half-way through its path and becomes larger while hitting 3 times with 3 stars charged

Buddhism:
-X fires a fast, aimed star that detonates a short distance away form Marisa into 3 explosions, capable of hitting up to 4 times
-Y Fires a shotgun spread of energy dirrectly in front of Marisa while she is pushed backward. Hits up to 5 times normally, and up to 6 with 3 stars

Daoism:
-X Fires a fast, aimed star that causes knockdown on hit
-Y Fires a wide  laser across the screen that hits 4 times and causes tumble normally, and hits 5 times with a wallslams with 3 stars

Skill 1
Witch Leyline
Cost: 500
Buddhism +1

Broom charge forward

Forward: Travels full screen, hits 5 times
Back: Travels about half-screen, hits 3 times
Up: Travels 3/4ths screen, hits 4 times
Down: Identical to up
3 stars: Travels full screen regardless of direction used and hits 6 times

Skill 2
Rising Sweep
Buddhism +1

Downward broom scoop followed by a rising broom hit

All directions identical
3 stars: Visibly larger hitbox

Skill 3

Daosim +1

Energy bazooka shot that causes wallslam

Forward: Shoots straight ahead
Back: Identical to forward
Up: Shoots slightly upward
Down: Shoots slightly downward
3 stars: Shot is larger and hits more times

Skill 4
Strato Fraction
Shinto +1

Star storm from above

All directions identical
3 stars: More and denser projectiles.

Skill 5

Daoism +1

Broom tornado spin

Forward: Travels upward and forward
Back: Travels downward and forward
Up: Identical to forward
Down: Identical to back
3 stars: Larger hitbox, more hits, wallslams

Skill 6
Powerful Drug
Shinto +1

Potion Grenade that rebounds off walls

Forward: Long toss, detonates at about 3/4 screen
Back: Short toss, detonates dirrectly in front of Marisa
Up: High toss, detonates in the sky a decent distance away
Down: Lob, detonates slightly below Marisa a decent distance away
3 stars: Explosion is accompanied by meaty stars that then descend

Ichirin
Spell Gauge 1000

Normal:
-All X but forward throws a ring that arcs downward at the end of its flight
-Forward X tosses out a boomerang-ring that can hit twice
-Neutral/Back Y fire a slightly downward aimed laser from Unzan's eyes
-Up and Down Y fire respectively angled lasers

Shinto:
-All X but forward throws three small spread aimed rings at the opponent that arc downward
-Forward X is identical to normal
-Neutral/Back Y fire several rounds of small, loosely-spread  lasers from Unzan's eyes
-Up Y and down Y fire respectively  angled streams of lasers

Buddhism:
-All X but forward throw a large ring at the opponent that shrinks rapidly after being tossed
-All Y but forward fire multiple small lasers in all direction from Unzan's eyes

Daoism:
-All X but forward throw a fast ring right at the opponent with no downward arc
-All Y but forward fire a straight forward large laser

Skill 1
Iron Fist of Hanging Cloud
Daosim +1

Unzan hammer fist from the sky

Forward: Fist comes out a long distance away
Back: Fist comes out dirrectly in front of Ichirin
Up: Fist comes out mid-distance

Skill 2
Handful of Floating Cloud
Cost: 300
Buddhism +1

Anti-air Attack-Grab

Forward: Comes out relatively quickly
Back: Has a long delay
Up: Comes out at average speed

Any other differences on this move that I'm not seeing?

Skill 3
Small Kamitate Cloud

Unzan lightning clap

Forward: Unzan releases lightning from his hands without clapping, leaving Ichirin free to move and attack on her own
Back: Unzan charges aesthetic lightning before using the actual clap attack around him
Up: Identical to back

Skill 4
Raging Running Cloud
Buddhism +1

Rapid fire Unzan fists

Forward: Unzan moves forward a large distance while Ichirin can act on her own
Back: Unzan stays close with Ichirin and they punch together
Up: Identical to back

Skill 5

Buddhism +1

Unzan swooping laser vision

Forward: Beam starts aimed up than swoops forward
Back: Beam starts aimed down then swoops forward
Up: Identical to forward

Skill 6

Shinto +1

Tornado toss. If Unzan is preoccupied, the tornado is much smaller.

Forward: Tornado comes out in front of Ichirin then rises upward
Back: Identical to Forward
Up: Tornado rises continuously upward
Down: Tornado moves slowly downward

[COMPLETE EXCEPT FOR SKILL NAMES]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:16:30 AM by iK »

Formless God

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2013, 10:17:57 AM »
guys
I once achieved this effect by drawing ~fresh~ out of the oven render targets onto the screen.
I have XP and the locale set to Japanese and I have the same problem. I don't think you have much choice but to wait for them to unfuck it in later revisions.

EDIT: Saw your second post. Oh well :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:21:07 AM by Formless Void »

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
Am I the only one to notice they changed Ichirin's theme? It now has a lot more of a mellow feel because of the electric piano (I think?)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2013, 01:49:07 PM »
At this rate I think it's pretty safe to be able to write out expecting any more characters that are not a major part of this religion fiasco. Most of the popular characters besides Koishi [Unlikely] and Youmu [Also doubtful since she has little to do with religion] out of that lot have now been shown to be background, like the SDM crew, the Yakumos, and now Eientei, who IMO had a shot after ZUN wantd to have them in SWR but failed to balance them in time. Maybe Alice is still possible [Representing Shinkiism], and possibly Komachi again.

Of course, I'm curious if any new characters will be added. IamP had Suika, and SWR had Iku and Tenshi. [Hell, Hiso had the Catfish :V]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:52:20 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
At this rate I think it's pretty safe to be able to write out expecting any more characters that are not a major part of this religion fiasco. Most of the popular characters besides Koishi [Unlikely] and Youmu [Also doubtful since she has little to do with religion] out of that lot have now been shown to be background, like the SDM crew, the Yakumos, and now Eientei, who IMO had a shot after ZUN wantd to have them in SWR but failed to balance them in time. Maybe Alice is still possible [Representing Shinkiism], and possibly Komachi again.

Of course, I'm curious if any new characters will be added. IamP had Suika, and SWR had Iku and Tenshi. [Hell, Hiso had the Catfish :V]
Note quite the whole SDM crew.  Meiling hasn't been seen yet.  ;)

My "likely" bets:
Sanae
Youmu
Seiga
Kasen
Futo

My "maybe" bets:
Tenshi
Aya

My "unlikely but who knows" bets:
Komachi (Bump to likely if either hermit appears as playable)
Cirno
Mystia and/or Kyouko
Orin or Okuu
Either Watatsuki sister
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:47:32 PM by Aya Reiko »