Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 372343 times)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2012, 07:07:59 PM »
Like I said somewhere else, my guess is that, judging from the screenshots, the characters don't seem to be voiced.

Wait, "judging from the screenshots"? Even if the characters were voiced, how would you come to that deduction from the screenshots alone?

« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2012, 09:53:48 PM »
"In the wake of so many incidents beyond their control, the Human Village has fallen into disorder and nihilism. Believing that religion can restore order, some of Gensokyo's most prominent adherents of Buddhism, Taoism and Shinto all want to take this chance to expand their particular faith's influence."

Ooh.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
"In the wake of so many incidents beyond their control, the Human Village has fallen into disorder and nihilism. Believing that religion can restore order, some of Gensokyo's most prominent adherents of Buddhism, Taoism and Shinto all want to take this chance to expand their particular faith's influence."

The final boss is
Spoiler:
Christopher Hitchens

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »
Oh my god, OHHH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I'm so hyper cause of this. *Jump in a roll chair and go in a circle*. Hopefully new character <69

« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2012, 12:17:36 AM »
This time i actually got excited about a new fighting game
reason being the story of this game play interacts the characters that will appear with the mixture of Religion
compare to the last fighting game,
they just randomly putting characters in the game and make up storys that nothing to do with the old TH 10.5 character  :/
i might be wrong though but we will see how this will turn out \<OwO >/

« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2012, 02:14:32 AM »
Wait, "judging from the screenshots"? Even if the characters were voiced, how would you come to that deduction from the screenshots alone?

I was joking about that sentence. How the characters' voices sound like, canonically, are (afaik) left open to interpretation, which seems good for fanworks (versatility, etc.), but that's just my bias, or opinion, or whatever it's called here.

I was thinking of something today. Tasofro might (as an option, mind you) focus on presenting characters that haven't appeared in previous fighting games to introduce new playstyles, and then (with more time) put an expansion/patch with the "veteran" characters, because if they invert this process (let's say, having most of the previous characters), it could be more difficult to make the game feel fresh (people could focus their attention on the differences/similarities between the moves/playstyle from this new game and the other ones and some could feel that they're playing "more of the same thing").

tl;dr: the opportunity is there, for the coming of lots of "new" characters in a touhou fighting game (with the revamp of sprites/backgrounds/code/system/etc.)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2012, 02:23:11 PM »

Ooh.

I like this idea for the story, fits well with TH12 and 13. I'm quite excited to see some gameplay or demos, and hopefully a release date :D.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
And also: KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN :getdown:

That might actually be plausible.

PC-98 character plz
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:15:28 PM by Darkness1 »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2012, 11:35:54 PM »
Hermit...ARRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMM
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »
Hermit...ARRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMM
DAISHARIN HERMIT ARM!

Her final spell card makes her wrap the arm-bandages around herself. :V
(a Lotus is fine too)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2012, 01:58:12 AM »
Reimu is no longer grumpy (new twitter icon of Unabara, Tasofro's designer and leader).
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2012, 02:25:49 AM »
Reimu is no longer grumpy (new twitter icon of Unabara, Tasofro's designer and leader).
This has gotten me hyped all over again.

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
  • Pi-hyarara~ Pi-hyarara~
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2012, 02:40:48 AM »
This has gotten me hyped all over again.

I know that feeling, man  :getdown:

That new image appears to be awfully "bouncy". Perhaps the gameplay IS in the air, as some have speculated. I am all for this idea~
Unless Reimu normally breathes that heavily. I am also all for happy Reimu... or, happier Reimu
~We?re the only ones who can decide whether something was fortunate or unfortunate. It all depends on whether we find a new vision born within a different perspective~

« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2012, 03:16:53 AM »
It's nice to see her happy for once, considering how grumpy she usually is.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2012, 04:09:00 AM »
T-t-t-t-totally late to the party

Reimu is no longer grumpy
This looks marvelous <3
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2012, 06:47:14 AM »
idk why but I'd like to see Yuugi in this one.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2012, 12:40:52 PM »

So does that make Reimu "the grump" and Marisa "the not so grump?"

Joking aside yes seeing that image has my hyped like crazy. Since  I now know they are going for something rather detailed animation. (At least the ideal animation) I can see this is going to be an extensive work load. Now to wait for gameplay footage!
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »
Oh my god if I don't get this game I will die

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »
She looks slightly older, that awesome.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »
She looks slightly older, that awesome.

Now that you mention it: isn't Reimu supposed to be in her twenties at this point? It has been almost ten years since the scarlet devil incident; maybe this is ZUN wanting to age Reimu and Marisa up a little bit.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:09:35 PM by PapillonReel »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #260 on: October 17, 2012, 05:23:12 PM »
Now that you mention it: isn't Reimu supposed to be in her twenties at this point? It has been almost ten years since the scarlet devil incident; maybe this is ZUN wanting to age Reimu and Marisa up a little bit.
ZUN never gave an age to Reimu or Marisa because he doesn't want them to age. If they have no age, they can't age, according to him.

« Reply #261 on: October 17, 2012, 05:28:52 PM »
ZUN never gave an age to Reimu or Marisa because he doesn't want them to age. If they have no age, they can't age, according to him.

I highly approve of this logic.  :]

Zil

« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »

Grumpy loli Reimu ftw.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »
You know, if anything, that hair makes me think of PC-98 Reimu. Back when she had 90s pop singer hair:

and

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #264 on: October 17, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
This and also the fact that in one of the books it mentions that time flows in Gensokyo differently compared to the outside world since Yukari can view Cherry Blossoms falling twice a year on occasions.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2012, 07:53:46 PM »
Heck, it's more reasonable an excuse that most main characters have for not aging (I've read series spanning years where the characters are all the same age...and are given an actual age as well).

« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2012, 08:11:21 PM »
You know, if anything, that hair makes me think of PC-98 Reimu. Back when she had 90s pop singer hair:
Back when she had AWESOME HAIR you mean.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2012, 01:00:10 AM »
The sprite tells me we're seeing floaty reimu. Whether that means permanently flying around or just floating on the ground but still 'standing', who knows.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2012, 01:34:01 AM »
Back when she had AWESOME HAIR you mean.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2012, 02:16:20 AM »
This and also the fact that in one of the books it mentions that time flows in Gensokyo differently compared to the outside world since Yukari can view Cherry Blossoms falling twice a year on occasions.

Yukari can view Cherry Blossoms falling twice a year because spring in Gensokyo isn't like spring in the human world; it's not at the same time. Gensokyo's time flows the same, only a bit later/earlier.