Author Topic: Killing Floor anyone?  (Read 4334 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Killing Floor anyone?
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:30:50 AM »
Looking for patches to get that steam thing working so I can connect, but once I do, looking for people to play co-op with is tricky. Why? because everyone is STILL ON UNREAL TOURNAMENT, DotA, and COUNTERSTRIKE

Oh god, you guys, learn to play new games already.

Anyone playing this?

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/

Yes, steam only it seems, I bought mine from a lesser reputable source and there is a problem, I dunno how to patch it to work fully yet.
Still...

2.5 is available on Softonic, 
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Killing Floor anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »
It's a crappier L4D tbh.  My friend bought it and I didn't care for it at all.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »
You gotta admit more types of zombies are win.
 Plus Zombies with chainsaws are cool, and so are more guns.

It is basically Unreal Tournament, so I am not surprised by the lack of gameplay elements.
Left for Dead is indeed much more fun tho.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »
Comparing Killing Floor to L4D is rather stupid really, minus the fact they're both zombie games they have nothing in common.

L4D requires you to hug teammates for the entire time you play it and cry as soon as a special infected gets you so someone can save you. Killing Floor is a game where you're recommended to stick together but can still be fine by wandering off solo provided you're good enough to take down the enemy. It's probably more fun too.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 12:11:55 PM »
Except it's not.  Killing Floor tries to be a really dumb L4D clone but "BETTER" because it's 6 player coop and clearly 6 > 4 amirite???  It's not any more fun and if anything is really trite and glitchy thanks to UE2's netcode not designed to handle a huge amount of AI players.

It's basically L4D for people who don't have friends :V

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 05:46:27 PM »
Ouch.

I don't have friends, so that makes me 'noob' on their servers filled with co-op elite team plays.

I didn't like how L4D is really hard to play when your pals accidentally a witch (her whole being), or the fact at the very last minute, more than 2 Tanks can appear to block your escape route. To me, the very least of Killing Floor is a bit of a slight chance for the final stages to be won, rather than, OH GOD HELP ME, I AM PINNED. With the wider landscape and generally more open vision of the playing field with KF, I think it is easier to finish the last stages.

L4D zombies are too bloody fast, that is what scares me more. Solo play utterly impossible, one health pack/limited ammo grenades each stage that are normally hidden, not bought from a store = management, 4co-op is pure win.

KF zombies are generic, but really, because you can't shove them, and the fact they come in packs (Fleshpound fuck yeah) you are pretty much fucked, coming down to the servers and expect to play solo? No way dude, not in KF country. Also, you gotta admit invisible zombies is a cool idea, not as cool as a Witch or Tank, but pretty cool.

Also, point of note, FPS games are the only games I can play Hard and above without going wtfs.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »
Killing Floor tries to be a really dumb L4D clone

Killing Floor came first.

Yeah, you can't shove and stuff. But that's what makes going solo oh-so-more fun. Kyahahahaha.

Really though, L4D is abysmally easy. Advanced is pathetic and Expert is fine if you don't play with pubs. Versus mode is trash though.

Also, the Patriarch is the major difficult part of Killing Floor since he's the test of how good your team is. Sure, when you know how to beat him he's easy but I've seen perfectly good teams fall apart due to him. It's wonderful.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 11:01:30 PM »
I know Killing Floor sort of came first but it was changed to try to be a L4D clone at the last minute, and it shows in some ways.  Anyways I'm kind of sick of both games, L4D is an amazing LAN game where you can scream at eachother and yell and do stupid shit but it's really boring playing online.  And Killing Floor was meh anyways.  If I want a really coordinated team game I'll play CS or DoW2 :V

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 02:29:38 AM »
But I get bored of CS.

nobody played Castle Wolfenstein with me when I was younger made me a sad grown up.

anyway, team players in Malaysian servers suck.
10,000 "get out noob" messages