Author Topic: 東方冬永遠夜 ~ Phantasmagoric Desire Over the Snow *Alpha 0.001a*  (Read 14473 times)

Torashama

Re: 東方冬永遠夜 ~ Phantasmagoric Desire Over the Snow *In Progress*
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 01:30:27 AM »
Very, very disappointing. It looked like an idea that was shaping up neatly if a bit slowly, but knowing now that it's just a collection of plagiarized scripts you attempt to pass off as your own is a total deal-breaker for me. Aside from different bullets and "higher numbers", many of these look identical to the ones in Darkness1's video. There isn't much original effort in this project, if any... In fact Darkness1's original script seems a lot more balanced and well-made, comparing the two...

In light of this revelation, do you intend to restart the project with your own scripts and ideas, or does this change nothing?

Edit: I appoligize, I seem to have missed you saying these were just "random practice spellcards" and not from the game. So, yeah, sorry; I still have to ask though, why are you putting this up for download then? If it's to give an idea of what to expect from the game, the above is likely to still apply. Please write your own scripts for this, don't steal others' ideas. :)

I'm sorry, but those Spell Cards are from a friend, she told me that "these were some very good Spell Cards that could give me ideas" and put them to pay homage to her, I'm sorry to everyone on MoTK

Torashama

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 01:40:47 AM »
I have an idea, I could make the game on the engine of PCB (instead of Danmakufu), pulling out the images of the bosses, getting the game's bosses and editing, pulling out the music, making music remixed, making the loops etc... but that would take more time... ಠ_ಠ

EDIT: But ... there is another problem ... perhaps if I end up making the game ... Do the male characters will be well received by the fans who are looking for a Touhou game on MoTK? "OTL

EDIT2: There's a Spell Card that I'm making,
What about Native God "Mishaguji-Sama" from Shoot the Bullet Double Spoiler?
"Timeline Splitting Bullet Schrodinger's Cat"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:32:31 AM by Torashama »

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 05:05:45 AM »
... Do the male characters will be well received by the fans who are looking for a Touhou game on MoTK? "OTL

A lot of people react differently to this type of thing. There are quite a few people who don't like having male characters in there Touhous (I know a few people like this). As for me, I don't mind having ONE in a game (I mean games by ZUN or ZUN similar danmaku games. Also, Rinnousuke and Unzan FTW). I don't really like having half of the game being males (my preference) especially since male personalities tend to be a little more smaller in number compared to female characters (I mean games in general; a lot of male characters pulled at random will have similar traits/characteristics). As I've said before, it's your game so you have the last say anyway.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
I'm sorry, but those Spell Cards are from a friend, she told me that "these were some very good Spell Cards that could give me ideas" and put them to pay homage to her, I'm sorry to everyone on MoTK

It's okay, and you can take inspiration from them, just don't use the whole code please (For the game of course, I know that that script was just a sort of testing script). It's also fun knowing someone saw them as good  ;).

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 10:31:57 PM »
Do the male characters will be well received by the fans who are looking for a Touhou game on MoTK? "OTL
IMO it isn't so much a character's race or gender as wether that character can be interesting and memorable. After all, Rinnosuke, Unzan, Youki, and several other male characters do have their own fanbase so a male character certainly has potential to work. :)

To be fair, though, a character that's literally a male Yukari (BUT STREOENGER LORLELZ!!!) will probably draw very little interest. We already have someone like that: Yukari. Copying her and changing her gender doesn't really add anything new or interesting. Perhaps you could find some way of revising his abilities so they're distinct from Yukari's, and giving him less cannon-breaking ties to her. After all, not everyone involved at some point with Yukari has been family (Reimu, Remilia, Yuyuko...) and Yukari has never even implied she had relatives other than Ran and Chen, so this really just comes out of nowhere and seems tacked onto the character simply to make them "cool"...

You'd probably score quite a few points if you found ways to tie your characters into oriental mythology. Lion magicians, vampire tigers, and other magical animals may sound neat but they don't connect to anything. On the other hand, making one of these characters into a Tiangou or an Aosagibi? Not only does the character now "fit" into the whole theme of Touhou, you've got a bunch of mythology to fall back on to flesh out the character even further. In fact, there are hundreds of unused youkai - check out the Gazu Hyakki Yagyou and the related entries for a huge list to poke around in.

Latest works
The Strongest

Torashama

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »
I'm sorry for not updating, but I was very busy  :blush: :blush: but here's a new screenshot (yay! :derp: :derp:) (It is in Spanish, Sorry :blush:)
by the way, is there any bgm changer of TH13?

UPDATE 2 NEW SCREEN SHOTS :derp:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:03:16 AM by Torashama »

Torashama

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »
hmm ... I have bad news ... a toaster was flying and it fell on my face! no, seriously, I was working on the game, when I was testing the Stage 3, it was corrupted, I returned to embed the .dat ... and was corrupted ... I attempt to re-do the stage 3 ... and still corrupt ...
I'm afraid I have to stop work on TD, but do not worry! I will try to resume an old project I had in PCB and update it for this project :)
Sorry...

ಠ益ಠ GAHHHHHHHHHHH! my computer decided to stop working ಠ益ಠ

Oh, PCB Beta Screenshots, this was the old project :)

CHARACTERS:

Juuichi Midzuka
Kuma Youkai

Kobashi Aseiku
Bakeneko

Kumasan Komatsudzuki
Tora Youkai

Souffle Ichiro
Tanuki

Brendan Takagawa
Inu Tengu

Shoma Sawamura
Human

Soutarou Ueda
Shishi Youkai

Akihiko Komatsudzuki
Tora Youkai

Haruki Aitaishi
Human

Kaede Kakuzawa
Youkai
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:18:52 PM by Torashama »

Torashama

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 12:23:58 AM »
*CLICK TO SEE LARGER VERSION*

Stage 1 Boss: Juuichi Midzuka
Stage 2 Boss: Kobashi Aseiku
Stage 3 Boss: Kumasan Komatsudzuki

[attach=1]

COLOURED VERSION
[attach=8]

Stage 4 Bosses
(Incomplete :V)

Stage 5 Boss: Soutarou Ueda

[attach=2]

COLOURED VERSION
[attach=7]

Stage 6 Boss: Akihiko Komatsudzuki

[attach=3]

COLOURED VERSION
[attach=6]

Extra Stage Boss: Haruki Aitaishi & Youmu Konpaku :3

[attach=4]

COLOURED VERSION
[attach=5]

Phantasm Stage Boss: Kaede Kakuzawa
(Already Posted :3)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:58:53 AM by Torashama »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 07:58:20 AM »
The screenshots look really good. The character portrait(s) in the screenshots (e.g. Toramaru Komatsudzuki) are yours, right?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Torashama

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 03:16:15 AM »
The screenshots look really good. The character portrait(s) in the screenshots (e.g. Toramaru Komatsudzuki) are yours, right?

why you ask?

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 03:38:25 AM »
I don't mean to sound rude but, what's with all the tigers and lions?

Torashama

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 04:33:07 AM »
I don't mean to sound rude but, what's with all the tigers and lions?

It have something to do with the plot :$

1: Bear
2: Cat
3: Tiger
4: Human/Dog/Youmu
5: Lion
6: Tiger
7: Human
8: Human

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:16 AM »
Ah ok I was just wondering. Good luck on finishing this  :)

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 04:41:13 AM »
4: Human/Dog/Youmu
...Please tell me that isn't is exactly what I think it is. :)

I take it you're foregoing the "youkai" motif entirely in favor of original concepts and characters?

Latest works
The Strongest

Torashama

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 04:52:06 AM »
...Please tell me that isn't is exactly what I think it is. :)

I take it you're foregoing the "youkai" motif entirely in favor of original concepts and characters?

nonono It was just a "quick response" they still going to be youkai

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »
Are you making this in Danmakufu?

Torashama

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 03:22:07 AM »
Are you making this in Danmakufu?

No, I'm doing it on a copy of the game got in Comiket 64, from a friend who traveled to Japan :)
but low the voice :$